[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ilu2 said:

3. Why would JH reject the offer of going to China for only 3 months just because of his GF? I mean, If I were a man in his situation, I would go gladly because it sounds like a good training and career advancement opportunity. I would do anything to make sure I can support my loved ones comfortably even if I have to live 3 months apart from them with all the ways to communicate with them. Didn't he hear why JA's mom like her ex so much from JA's brother in ep 3 or 4 (his background, parents, education and job implied in that right)? If he knows at least that much, he should do everything to show her why he is a reliable person for her daughter job wise even if he can't do anything about his parents. 

To be honest, from my personal experience, in the beginning of real relationship, when you just feel all lovey-dovey (especially in JA and JH case where there is this super obsessive ex on the back) you just don't want to be separated with your lovers.

I even ask my manager if they can postpone my promotion or even downgrade my position in order to prevent them to move me to another city. In my case, i prefer to be closer with my BF rather than having big salary :)

I think its kind of realistic, just a penny of my thought though :)

9 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

@triplem lmao I never do those quizes but did one for a laugh. I died laughing when it came out 100%. Sure sure sure. Now I won't believe them. If only my kids grow up as charming as him. I am not old enough to be his mother but man, an ahjumma shouldn't do these sort of things. Hahaha. 

That was my laugh for today.

I have never done one before too but I did it for laughs too :ph34r:

But my results were no where near as impressive as yours :wink:

I'm not sure if this pic BTS is old or new and if it was posted here, but this is the first time I see it and...I love it!!!

I can't think in other actors to play JA and JH. This drama could have been a disaster if the main couple hadn't had the chemistry they have.

Spoiler

FYI, Jung Hae will come to Manila. See poster for details. 

Jung Hae In 'Smile' Fan Meeting In Manila on June 30, 2018, 6 PM, at the KIA Theatre.

Tickets go on sale May 26, 2018 in all TicketNet outlets nationwide and online via http://www.ticketnet.com.ph 

Ticket prices

P7800

P5800

P3500

source: https://twitter.com/philconcerts/status/988363468083359744

I second what @stroppyse and @angelkhaterine1211 said about why he is not going to China. I would also add that he came back from 3 years abroad too so I figured he did not want to leave again, even if it is only for 3 months. But there is also the fact that JH seems to be insecure, still. That he is not good enough for JA. When he asked her in the car if he was not good enough and that is why she would not tell others, even though he turnt the whole thing into a joke, it was a true concern of his. He also said when she met her friends that she was way out of their league, etc. No? I totally feel that he is still a bit insecure... as in thinking he is not good enough for her. 

@mandy77777 and @stroppyse

My understanding of Korean is at best poor and I made some changes to Stroppyse's translation based on the Chinese texts given. Thought to share the Chinese version...

https://mobile.twitter.com/x880401x/status/988091828225245184/video/1

SYJ: In Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, I played the role of the pretty noona Yoon Jin Ah, I’m Son Ye Jin.
JHI: In Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, I played the role of Seo Joon Hee, I’m Jung Hae In.

Question posted to both SYJ and JHI: Before filming started, what was your initial impression of each other?
SYJ: We first met in a restaurant.
JHI: Yes.
SYJ: My first impression was…he’s very good looking. Also, he’s even younger looking than I had thought. 
JHI: As for me, I knew that noona was pretty…since I’ve watched her in a lot of movies and dramas, I knew that, but seeing her in real life, I was totally startled.
SYJ: Why are only saying that now? (implying why didn't you say that earlier?)
JHI: I didn't know where to look. When we first met, I was like that...
SYJ: You were looking at me directly.

JHI: So that day I had to drink a lot of alcohol. I did drink a lot of alcohol. Soju and beer

Question posted to SYJ: What are your feelings working with JHI in this project?
SYJ: Yes. I was thinking then the actor Jung Har In here resembles Joon Hee so closely that when we were filming, I felt very blessed. I am very grateful.
JHI: I kept the text message.
SYJ: What else did I say?
JHI: You told me I was Joon Hee. Even when I felt awkward just act accordingly. Act based on how I felt. I was worried that the text message might be deleted, I saved it carefully.

Question posted to SJY and JHI: Will both of you come to Taiwan so that fans can buy you food?
JHI: My first time at Taiwan for a fan meeting, I was very happy.  There were many delicious dishes.  I kept talking about food.
SYJ: Your first fan meeting was delicious?

JHI: I love to eat.
JHI: I hope that the drama will be well-liked by many, so that noona and I can have the opportunity to go to Taiwan to greet the fans. And, to eat delicious food. They have the steamed buns there that are very delicious.
SYJ: Steamed buns…
SYJ: If everyone will watch our drama, you will really think that you want to be in love. Love very, very much, and also show our drama a lot of love.

@luvhollandlop and @stroppyse Thanks for the translation! I feel really spoiled in this thread :):heart:

15 hours ago, bugcie said:

Hi!

I'm new here. Didn't know Hae Jin before until this drama came with Ye Jin. I'm a big fan of Ye Jin's works. :) Hae Jin is doing soooo go in this drama. He deserves all the attention he's getting right now. I hope this drama won't have a tragic ending. :)

I strongly recommend "Wise Prison Life/Prison Playbook" - his character in it is so great too. It's an awesome show too; very different than this one though there are many similarities between his characters (I won't say more not to spoil it too much in case you do end up watching it).

On 4/21/2018 at 10:56 AM, stroppyse said:

JH goes to the hospital to find JA.

JH: Do you really want to die?! I’ll kill you for you.
Police: Stop that!
JH: Damn!
Police: Your girlfriend.
JH: Yes?
Police: Because of the accident, she’s being examined. So, you can talk with her later.

JH: Doctor, Yoon Jin Ah?
Doctor: She’s getting changed.

JH: You’re okay, right?
JH: That’s fine then.
JA: I’m sorry.
JH: Let’s get you dressed.

I actually really love this scene of JH helping JA get dressed. Firstly, he's too impatient to wait for JA to get dressed and come to him, plus they've been intimate anyway. What he needs, what JA needs right now is to be in each other's arms. It's a physical reassurance for both of them. And, then, JH helps JA get dressed. It's such a familiar, caring thing to do where her nakedness is not a prelude to something lusty, but something that JH wants to help her dress in her current fragile state. Did I mention how much I love this couple?

This is why I like this drama. They are a new couple burning with passion but at the same time they are reflecting an intimacy that most of the time only long-time couples show. Sure, we often see drama portray intimacy as a young man carrying his drunk girlfriend on his back or this gorgeous girl trying her best to initiate an awkward first holding hands while walking- those are all totally sweet and there's nothing wrong with a young burning love. But I always like it when people show intimacy that is mature.

Like with Bae Doo Na and Cho Seung Woo's characters in Forest of Secrets. They were not paired romantically but I found their drinking convo very intimate. Or Ethan Hawk and Julie Delpy's characters in Before trilogy which by the third installation, Before Midnight, became this couple that was no longer a wildfire but rather a steady candlelight that will from time to time flicker but will still last you through the night. That's the kind of intimacy I always admire and respect... the intimacy of sharing our secrets, tears, weaknesses, and passing thoughts. When I not just help you take off your dress but also help you put on that sweater to make you feel safe again. When loving you is not just carrying the drunk you back to our house but also sitting through this argument of who will be doing the dishes on the weekend.

Why am I even saying these? Oh well, maybe I just want a Seo Joon Hee in my very single life. 

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@luvhollandlop, your edits from the Chinese aren't entirely in line with what was said in Korean by SYJ and JHI on the parts that I could hear clearly on the Taiwan promo. Interesting how the Chinese translations still differ from the original Korean, though I had heard that the Chinese translations are closer than other languages. 

@stroppyse

I believe you are right to say that Chinese  translations are closer to Korean than other languages. The fault lies in me. I gave general idea of the text and did not try to do a word to word translation. When I read your re-translation, I can see why. Others who read Chinese and are more precise will definitely do a better job.

Guest 999hearts

[EP. 9 TEXT PREVIEW]

준희만 보였어… 그래서 여기까지 왔지

진아(손예진)는 상기(오만석)가 이미 준희(정해인)와의 관계를 알고 있었단 사실에 위안을 얻지만 아직 엄마라는 큰 산이 남아 있어 마음은 편치 않다. 진아는 경선(장소연)이 알게 된 사실을 준희에게 전해 듣고, 급히 경선에게 달려가지만 큰 배신감을 느낀 경선의 태도는 냉담하기만 하다. 모임에서 돌아온 미연(길해연)이 마침 집에 있는 준희에게 진아와 선 볼 남자 사진을 보여주자 준희는 미연에게 갑자기 할 말이 있다고 하는데…

I only see Junhee... that's why we've come this far (I'm not too sure about the title translation?)

Jinah is relieved by the fact that her dad already knows about her relationship with Junhee although truthfully she feels uncomfortable because there is still a large mountain to overcome: her mother. After hearing from Junhee that Kyungsun knows the truth, Jinah rushes to see Kyungsun. But feeling a large sense of betrayal, Kyungsun's attitude is rather callous. Jinah's mom, returning from her gathering, shows Junhee a picture of Jinah and a man she is planning to set Jinah up with(CMIIW BUT WOW???) Junhee suddenly has something to say to Jinah's mom...

---

As always, I still doubt my translation so please take precautions :D 

I wish the cherry blossom scene from a couple of weeks back airs soon~~~ It's so pretty I had to make it into my phone wallpaper!!

image2.png

18 minutes ago, 999hearts said:

[EP. 9 TEXT PREVIEW]

준희만 보였어… 그래서 여기까지 왔지

진아(손예진)는 상기(오만석)가 이미 준희(정해인)와의 관계를 알고 있었단 사실에 위안을 얻지만 아직 엄마라는 큰 산이 남아 있어 마음은 편치 않다. 진아는 경선(장소연)이 알게 된 사실을 준희에게 전해 듣고, 급히 경선에게 달려가지만 큰 배신감을 느낀 경선의 태도는 냉담하기만 하다. 모임에서 돌아온 미연(길해연)이 마침 집에 있는 준희에게 진아와 선 볼 남자 사진을 보여주자 준희는 미연에게 갑자기 할 말이 있다고 하는데…

Only Junhee came into sight... that's why we've come this far (I'm not too sure about the title translation?)

Jinah is relieved by the fact that her dad already knows about her relationship with Junhee although truthfully she feels uncomfortable because there is still a large mountain to overcome: her mother. After hearing from Junhee that Kyungsun knows the truth, Jinah rushes to see Kyungsun. But feeling a large sense of betrayal, Kyungsun's attitude is rather callous. Jinah's mom, returning from her gathering, shows Junhee a picture of Jinah and a man she is planning to set Jinah up with(CMIIW BUT WOW???) Junhee suddenly has something to say to Jinah's mom...

Thanks for the translation! Wow this is interesting..mom is playing match maker!

JH better do something, hehe...

JtJTbMG.png

Acc. to my understanding, I think this scene is general talk between these two.  

JH tells her that in dating there is nothing like you have to know everything about each other.  There are some private matter and each their own privacy.  She tells him I made a mistake.  She tells that while dating they are like couple things, joint accounts like that.  So, when u dated did u not have things like that.  If i ask you to do such things, will you not do it for me? 

He tells her why is the conversation going in that direction?  JA: Ok, if you dont want, then i will not ask you.  JH: why do you talk like that? JA:  If that what you want, then i wont.

JH:Lets talk about some other thing. JA:  Then, you tell me when you dated, what was different?  Anything special, tell me.  JH: Lets stop and sleep.

So, there is no question of his ex.  He is just giving advice, thats it.  

He is very insecure to leave her alone and go on a official trip to china, even though its for 3 months.  She has been in one or the other trouble either with GM or Manager Hong.  thats why he refused to go.  Moreover, they had decided to reveal their relationship to their dear ones.  Unless he is assured that she dont have a hard time, becoz of JA's mom or KS after revealing, he will not be comfortable enough to leave her alone.  

Ph0fLKG.png

When JA discusses with SH, about her revelation to her parents,  he was so realistic.  He asks her if her love with JH is going to be different.  Suppose, if you are going to break up with him,  then our families cannot see each other and  is worried about the relationship of 20 years which is going to suffer.  She says it will not happen.  and this is the first time that she also raised her voice to SH.  Usually its SH who suppress their conversation at  the end.  She  is changing becoz of JH.  She trying to cherish herself these days.  I hope she does the same with her mom.  But KS is different, she is going to suffer a little when it comes to KS. 

3ofjZgV.png

JH in the formal wear.  I think he has planned to meet with JA mom and asked SH for his help.  He dont want to leave everthing to JA and i like how he want to take responsibility.  Now that KS knows it will not difficult with a awkward talk.

edit:  i just saw the text preview.  So, they meet by coincidence and comes to know abt. his mom setting JA up with a date during which he is going bring up abt. him dating JA. OMG!!!!

87o5yhD.png

They are so comfortable since they have already told their dear ones about the dating.  JA  is not worried about kissing him.  They are so happy to meet after his trip to china.

We are half way mark and they have revealed their relationship.  I dont know what's in store for the rest of the episodes.  I dont think PD Ahn is one to go the usual route as ex'es history etc.  Hope he does something different in the rest of the episodes.  Fighting!!!!!!

1 hour ago, 999hearts said:

[EP. 9 TEXT PREVIEW]

준희만 보였어… 그래서 여기까지 왔지

I only see Junhee... that's why we've come this far (I'm not too sure about the title translation?)

---

As always, I still doubt my translation so please take precautions :D 

I wish the cherry blossom scene from a couple of weeks back airs soon~~~ It's so pretty I had to make it into my phone wallpaper!!

Finally Joon Hee will do something to make his relationship with Jin Ah move forward. I hope Kyung Sun's feeling betrayed actions will not last long as she must have been shocked but the secret is not something forbidden or anything like birth secret like any other dramas or something like your-family-was-the-one-who-killed-my-mother things lol 

Just rewatched ep 8. JH is very very concerned and afraid that something bad will happen to JA just bcos he can't contact her whole day. And he's worst fear came true. 

I wonder his tension and anxiety have anything to do with losing his mom when he's younger?

Gosh he looks so manly when he's mad, hehe...

Still have 8 more episodes to go..I don't think KS will be mad for long, maybe up to 2 episodes only.

What about the remaining episodes? Keeping my fingers crossed for a good ending!

9 hours ago, carolinedl said:

@luvhollandlop and @stroppyse Thanks for the translation! I feel really spoiled in this thread :):heart:

I strongly recommend "Wise Prison Life/Prison Playbook" - his character in it is so great too. It's an awesome show too; very different than this one though there are many similarities between his characters (I won't say more not to spoil it too much in case you do end up watching it).

Alright, will check Prison Playbook. Thank you for sharing. :heart:  

Hi!

I hope you guys can vote them on Baeksang Awards. Hae Jin is currently on the first spot while Ye Jin is ont 4th spot. Please do. Thank you! I hope they get to share the stage together. :)) 

Archived