[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After coming in here and seeing the translations scenes I cracked and watch the episodes raw. The last time I watched a Noona romance that I really enjoyed and till this day still re watch some episodes was “I need romance 3”. However this one as completely won me over, I’m officially hooked.

ive been trying to find out about who got the license for this one. I’ve read a couple of places that DramaFever is still negotiating the licensing and other places that it’s netflix. It would be unfortunate if it was Netflix because they never advertise their Korean drama releases and for jcbt they only release them one the kdrama’s once it’s actually done. This drama will truly test my petience but I’m here for it lol 

Thank you @stroppyse for all the translations, I truly appreciate it !!! 

@stroppyse Thank you so much for finding time to translate all these scenes for us. You're officially or life-safer over here. As soon as the raw was up I caved and watched it, although I should finish an important paper instead. But well I've always been the most creative and productive with scientific writing when I had a K-Drama I craved for and watched at the same time. These little moments of K-Drama bliss are the best break for me.

This whole episode is so awesome. It really feels like I'm the fly on the wall that is spying on them flirting, teasing and falling in love. And it still feels so absolutely relatable, because none of the leads has a rich background or there is some kind of social divide bigger than the Indian Ocean between them. It's like you and me and I love that.

I really enjoyed all their encounters today but for me the last scene is the most impactful. Cause JA knew exactly he was talking about her and the way he talked about the one special woman and her colleague declared she's going to make a move on JH before it's to late, made her realize she must be brave and be the one with the first step this time around. So she bravely grabbed his hand underneath the table. And I loved his big, round eyes and the hiccups because of that bold move while she cooly drank her beer with the other hand so no one would suspect anything strange form her side.

I'm not sure whether you realized it but actually there were 2 different shots for the way they held hands. The first one was when she grabbed his.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u644/Lady_Fay/Pretty Noona who buys me food/vlcsnap-2018-04-06-22h43m11s823_zpsglkka0dv.png

As he wasn't expecting something like that to happen but was actually real nervous because everyone kept asking about the mysterious woman he had his hand on his knee to keep himself calm. The way her touch both electrified and calmed him at the same time (at least that's the impression I get after he was over the suprise) is really telling about what she means to him. And that's how the episode fades out. But just after the credits and right before the preview we do get another shot of them. And this one tells so much more, because while it still seems to be hidden underneath the table he is now fully participating in holding hands. The way he gently holds her hand and intervines his finger with hers just gives me the feels.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u644/Lady_Fay/Pretty Noona who buys me food/vlcsnap-2018-04-06-22h28m09s111_zpstf0xinbn.png

I really hope we will get this as our opening shot for tomorrow. Because otherwise it would be such a symoblic waste. This clearly shows that right now they just live in their own bubble hidden from the other's views. I guess all the while they will try to keep the conversation between the colleagues going for not alarming them what significant new progress their relationship just made. And I mean JH cannot take back the answer he gave before JA grabbed onto his hands. He cannot back of saying that right now they are not a couple yet, cause the moment he would do that everyone could figure out that he was talking about JA at this moment.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's show. But for tonight it's first going to be an all--nighter for achieving some significant progress with my paper first.

EDIT: Why can't I post any photobucket pics anymore? Sorry I don't know what's wrong so I scratch the pics.

17 minutes ago, dulcinea1 said:

So exciting for tonight kiss (or kisses):heart:

Source

OMG he’s gonna eat her lips. Hopefully the episode doesn’t end right as they kiss. I need some scenes after the kiss to soothe me for the week of waiting to come.

I was wondering around looking for any sites with subbed by to my disappointment there was none so far. At one point, it crossed my mind to ask our superb translator @stroppyse, whom I first knew from FIS to help with the subs...but then again I thought, it's too much for her to do alone. The last time we had her help us with just snippets of the drama..just the important scenes but this time the important scenes are too many..hehehe..imagine my delight and surprise, when I came into this forum, she had done exactly that, and all the scenes that will finally make sense to non-native speaker like myself!! Kamsahanida chinggu @stroppyse, you are a god sent!!:heart:

And I agree with all of you, the combination of everything is perfect in this drama..the leads with their adorable smiles, the ambience, the songs (perfect!!), the scenery...warms my heart every time and even if without subbed, I still feel giddy watching these two..the final scene at the end of Ep 3, the secret hand reaching under the table thingy, that was ultimately the best for me so far. Even though many drama had done that kind of moment before, but these two made the scene with its own class....even so I wish I know half the lines that the couple was saying, so I can further understand the whole ambience..luckily enough, we had our wonderful translator here..Thank you again chinggu..will be lurking here often too!!

hello, i am new to this thread - hope i have not missed anything yet :D

i have been waiting for subs to come out before i start watching this drama but when i caught what happened in ep 3, sadly i could resist.

thank you @stroppyse for providing the translations, it really is helpful since right now there are no subs for this drama :( I am really sadden by that.

I hope to be more active on this thread from time to time, but I am looking forward to tonight's episode for sure!

Hi @triplem

giphy.gif

Hi everyone:) i'm currently translating from indonesian to english and only 1/4 of the 1st ep is done. I did the eng sub for age of youth 2 before. And i want to ask if there's anyone here who is fluent in bahasa and english and want to help me to translate it because the drama is too long (about 80mins for the 1st ep, 70mins for 2nd ep) for me to work on my own. Thanks ♥

16 minutes ago, lu09 said:

This looks so cute and mature at the same time. Why is nobody subbing this gem drama? I want to start watching with subs before I carve in for the raws:unsure:

I see you are here too chinggu..I guess we are craving for the same thing in kdramas..hahahaha..:wink:

During the press conference, JHI mentioned there was a scene where he had hard time maintaining eye contact with SYJ because that was the time they had their first skinship.

Does anyone know which scene he was referring to? Or has that scene appeared yet?

1 minute ago, inna75 said:

I see you are here too chinggu..I guess we are craving for the same thing in kdramas..hahahaha..:wink:

Yep. Hahaha nice to see u here too :D:D:D. If only I could resist until it get subbed lol.

9 minutes ago, yaselin said:

Hi everyone:) i'm currently translating from indonesian to english and only 1/4 of the 1st ep is done. I did the eng sub for age of youth 2 before. And i want to ask if there's anyone here who is fluent in bahasa and english and want to help me to translate it because the drama is too long (about 80mins for the 1st ep, 70mins for 2nd ep) for me to work on my own. Thanks ♥

Hey @yaselin! I'm Malaysian and know bahasa. I can help! Will pm u :) 

1 minute ago, lu09 said:

Yep. Hahaha nice to see u here too :D:D:D. If only I could resist until it get subbed lol.

Hahaha..I tried too but fail..I "blame" those who bombed my IG with all the cute scenes :love:..let's lurk here for this one. We have our own, wonderful,  in-house translator...

Archived