[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

On 4/1/2018 at 8:14 AM, finallyanoppatostan said:

The couple progressing naturally.. I love it!!

I watch it without sub, it's okay and understandable.

Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin casting is perfect. SYJ as middle 30s woman, she's effortlessly beautiful. JHI delivers the feeling of adult younger man so perfectly. He's so fresh and sweet and handsome. I feel like I become an older woman in love with younger man, when I'm actually younger than them.

I was bored about the coffee company stories, until towards the end from their dinner date and using umbrella together, then he actually friends with Jin A's bro, his facial expression when JA's bro said to stop liking 35 years woman. And when he lost his sense when JA's ex grab her hand.. Waaa waaaaaaaaa I'm crazyyyy 

How old do you reckon haein is in this drama? cause the way jin a's brother said it she sounds too old for him (35). Im literally head over heels for haein; he turned 30 like for real 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, triplem said:

In this drama they are both in their 30s , he is supposed to be 31. We had a discussion of this on page 2 of the thread. 

He looks like a high school boy for me, hahaha! His cute and charming smile stole my heart. :blush:

Photo source: http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/230766

OWFo9k9QzXVI636585155547303078.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These two captivates the heart of the viewers...

Source: http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20180404001143372

20180404001143372_1522816745_1.jpg?15228

1 hour ago, triplem said:

In this drama they are both in their 30s , he is supposed to be 31. We had a discussion of this on page 2 of the thread. 

His actual age is 31 (in Korean age) I was on about the character he is playing? because it’s very common in Korea to have noona dongsaeng couple right so I don’t understand why her brother would say Hae-In to end the some (with jaein)  :/?

I do agree with the discussion that the lack of subs does kill the momentum.

I really tried to follow Bad Guys 2 - but gave up as the subs were only out very late into the drama airing and only completed once the drama ended. SIGH...

I am living via the generous translations from clips of scenes provided by the wonderful fans here.

Not sure if I would watch the whole drama again once the entire subs are out :huh:

Read from some chinese dicussion...besides the focus on "buys me food"...there are fine details to observe when "send noona home"...the slight differences every time he sent her home..eg she lingered for a while when he left.

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I do agree with the discussion that the lack of subs does kill the momentum.

I really tried to follow Bad Guys 2 - but gave up as the subs were only out very late into the drama airing and only completed once the drama ended. SIGH...

I am living via the generous translations from clips of scenes provided by the wonderful fans here.

Not sure if I would watch the whole drama again once the entire subs are out :huh:

happened in hwayugi for me..

i completely lost the interest in the show.. i am yet to complete that series

2 hours ago, triplem said:

This is based on an article posted by Soompi earlier. @imallisya .

our chingu here mentioned he is suppose to be 31 . But I think the age gap is not that big even if we don’t know the exact ages

That's correct—the noona is 35 years old ( 35세 ) and dongsaeng is 31 years old ( 31세 ).

It is confirmed on the drama's official website:

Son Ye Jin's character profile: http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/cast/PR10010757/1

Jung Hae In's Character profile: http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/cast/PR10010757/2

there are many love stories now in korea between noona & dondaeng :

the prooves : Song song couple, Kim ha Neul & her husband, Rain Bi & KTH;

Beak Ji Young is older than her husband 9 years........

and recently.. Choi Ji Woo has just get married with a young man

Korean people live opened mind now;

In 1rst ep, when JA asks her lawyer boyfriend why he wants break up with her : bc she's

not young, not rich .....

he said " you know our relationship is , right ? "

it means ............ just about money and ....sex !

she pays all when they are in a date and being just his sex partener

he doesn't think to get married with her !

This drama wants talking about the love story between a woman with a man younger than her.. Point final

it's very clear !

I don't know why people are interested and always have in mind about age gape haizzzzzzzz

Hello everyone. May I join this thread?

Nowadays it's really seldom that a K-drama is able to win me over and keep me attracted until the end of it's run but I was looking forward to this show since it was announced. So I'm really having high hopes for this show and I hope it will not disappoint after I really enjoyed the first two episodes. As much as I don't like the fact of not having subs yet, it's one of those shows that I'm even willing to watch and follow raw if necessary. It brings back fond memories of those times when I still had the time to watch shows live, although usually early afternoon on my side. I also don't hope that the discussions here will suffer from not having access to subs. Therefore, I'm really grateful for @stroppyse to provide us with subs for those clips uploaded on the jtbc youtube channel.

I'm happy that the OTP is so well casted and that their mutual attraction feels and the progression between them feels natural and not forced at all. That makes it feel relatable for me. And I do love Son Ye Jin so I'm happy she chose the perfect role for herself. I'm really looking forward to this week's episodes even if it most likely will be raw again.

19 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Read from some chinese dicussion...besides the focus on "buys me food"...there are fine details to observe when "send noona home"...the slight differences every time he sent her home..eg she lingered for a while when he left.

For those who dont mind chinese subbed, ep. 1 and 2 are available online.

:glasses:

On 4/4/2018 at 9:46 PM, Cedric Ong said:

Totally, I commented on it last wkend, after seeing the first 2 episodes.

There were subtle nuances/3 walks to her door and 3 DIFFERENT reactions from both of them which indicated their mutual interest by Walk 3  ... just in those 3 walks to her front door. 

22 hours ago, Lady_Fay said:

Nowadays it's really seldom that a K-drama is able to win me over and keep me attracted until the end of it's run but I was looking forward to this show since it was announced. So I'm really having high hopes for this show and I hope it will not disappoint after I really enjoyed the first two episodes. As much as I don't like the fact of not having subs yet, it's one of those shows that I'm even willing to watch and follow raw if necessary. It brings back fond memories of those times when I still had the time to watch shows live, although usually early afternoon on my side. I also don't hope that the discussions here will suffer from not having access to subs. Therefore, I'm really grateful for @stroppyse to provide us with subs for those clips uploaded on the jtbc youtube channel.

I'm happy that the OTP is so well casted and that their mutual attraction feels and the progression between them feels natural and not forced at all. That makes it feel relatable for me. And I do love Son Ye Jin so I'm happy she chose the perfect role for herself. I'm really looking forward to this week's episodes even if it most likely will be raw again.

YES!  You said exactly what I felt too about this new drama, after the first two engaging episodes

I am waiting with anticipation for the next 2 eps - whether they come with or without subs.

There're so many  new offerings out there ... and none really drawing me in much. This one does have the Xfactor for me to watch (without FForwarding too) and contentedly just follow the raws.

On the UPside - just watching raws  = you pay way more attention to details.

That fluid flow of their interactions makes this a compelling watch ... the languid vintagey yet contemporary slice of life vibe of the drama is also a setting I enjoy. Just as I was also really drawn into On The Way to Airport, and Temperature of Love.

It takes many factors and some magic for ANY drama to really engage me these days or anticipate a new episode ... and I have been on board the Kjourney since 2001! :tongue:  so this is saying a lot for this drama.

And also echoing the grateful appreciation to stroppyse for filling in all the raws' blanks for us with transcripts of conversations, and to Bah + Doo @ Dramamilk for their live recapping efforts. MUCH THANKS! :)

I think he had the feelings for her 3 years ago and maybe she had someone else in that moment...

so desperated, he went to USA to forget her but .....mission impossible hahahaha !

Now I think he comes back to try again and he's lucky this time bc ...she's desperated now !

Wow LOVE - AMOUR - HEART - REASON ....!!!!!

- Le coeur a des raisons que ses raisons ne connaissent plus !

Yet the heart often has the upper hand over reason. When we love, we become unreasonable, we do not analyze things in the same way. The reasons of the heart are not always rational, desires and desires, reason ignores them.

Besides, why be reasonable in love? It is sometimes difficult, if not impossible, to understand the attraction we can have for a person, to understand why we are doing unnatural things for someone else? Because the heart is not reasonable, it does not listen to reason, it has his own reasons.

Archived