[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

13 hours ago, triplem said:

@justamom Oh I feel your pain. Did you get any SLA vibes from the cinematography? 

Not really, it felt very much like A Wife's Credentials especially the bicycle scene---there was a very similar scene about how they first met. Tae Oh rescued her bicycle from the bike thief, and the first clear scene we see of him is him riding along the river (?) with her bicycle.

SLA was a lot heavier and darker, the gold tones, the black and white outfits that Hye Won (almost wrote Hye Ran there, ha!) wore...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PNWBMF reminds me of classic romantic-comedy movies. I'm talking about this movies I can watch once and once again and I'm doing it with a smile on my face.

And the soundtrack gives me more vibes about that. It's not the typical ost we listen in dramas and I think it fits with PNWBMF completely.

So can someone explain me what did the coffee guy/manager? do i saw that he had another company box in the trash did he sold the wrong coffeebeans? And did the father of yoon jin ah cheated on her mom or was that just an example? And last one her manager that woman is she on her side or on the ceo side? i thought she helped yoon jin ah with the problem thing when that guy didn't signed the contract for the present on the opening day, but in another scene you see her talking with the ceo that she will tell the boss that yoon jin ah paid for everything with her own money but she wont tell him if he gives her money? 

I saw the above bts in a chinese website...got chinese subs...i only watched the part where they filmed in the restaurant. Around 2min, after finish that scene, JHI presented SYJ a present (he didn't say what is inside the box)...the narration said Valentine's day gift...or could it be White Day? And also an umbrella...he said it would show flowers petals on the surface when wet from the rain. So cute.

She look pleased but also abit embarrassed b'cos she said she didnt prepare anything.

1 hour ago, Cedric Ong said:

I saw the above bts in a chinese website...got chinese subs...i only watched the part where they filmed in the restaurant. Around 2min, after finish that scene, JHI presented SYJ a present (he didn't say what is inside the box)...the narration said Valentine's day gift...or could it be White Day? And also an umbrella...he said it would show flowers petals on the surface when wet from the rain. So cute.

She look pleased but also abit embarrassed b'cos she said she didnt prepare anything.

can you provide the link to the Chinese website please? Tk u.

Guest Bissu

I'm genuinely disappointed the episodes haven't been subbed yet so much so I'm considering joining a team to help at least translate. 

This drama has started out beautifully, can't wait for more episodes. :heart:

3 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Well.. maybe he knew SYJ like flowers  so that's umbrella will show flowers petals on the surface when wet from the rain:tongue: 

He's so sweet.

22 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The coffee franchise manager had been buying cheaper beans to mix in with the Coffeebay company beans in order to increase his profit margin. He told JA that it was because it was so hard making profits that he had to try something to make enough.

I'm not sure what scene you're referring to about JA's father cheating on her mother. Would you mind letting me know which scene you're referring to?

The female manager was on JA's side, but just because she believed that JA was not at fault. The male department manager had overlooked the paper requiring his signature for payment, and so they did not receive the ordered the giveaways for the store opening in time. When he realized it was his error, he shredded the paper. Instead, he pushed the blame onto JA for not having presented him with the papers to authorize the payment for the purchases. As such, the company had to make good in other ways to customers who didn't get their promised giveaways for the grand opening, plus the company ultimately had to pay for the goods that had been made for the opening anyway despite not being able to use them. JA had offered to make good on the payment out of her own pocket since it was her fault for not submitting the paperwork in time, which the CEO and the male manager agreed was the right thing for JA to do. However, the female manager mentioned that they kept copies of documents as well, and that she did not believe it was JA"s fault at all. The male manager tried to scold the female manager for not letting it go when the matter was resolved, but when she mentioned that she had to make a report to the CEO, the male manager ultimately said that he would personally pay for the damages instead. She was not soliciting money from him.

That was a really good ending scene with JH getting visibly upset at GM's hold on JA's wrist, him telling GM to let go of JA's hand, and then dragging GM out of the house by the wrist. I don't know if I've enjoyed a wrist grab more in a kdrama before. :D

So he bought cheaper coffee beans so he could earn more money? But i thought the owner of the coffee shops pays for the beans right? not a manager  or do managers get money to buy coffee beans and he bought fakes ones to have a little money left so he could use it? 
And the scene is episode 2 and almost the end the part were she asked her mom i think did dad cheated on you long ago and then her mother said i hit him really hard on his head and then she hit her ex bf hard and. So did the father cheated on the mother of was she just asking as an example. Because after that the father became furious that the ex bf cheated on her

So it's definitely Netflix not Dramafever who has the license? Whichever company got it they are pretty sucky. No one has airing dramas these days with late subs.

I just came from the main torrent site where the streaming sites gets the srt from. There are no subs yet. So therefore no streaming sites will have subs.

I was holding off really watching it but guess will watch it now. And prepare myself mentally to watch it raw each week. Like stroppyse said I should be able to understand it but it still sucks in case I miss anything important.

I do like how they dressed JA in such form fitting feminine styles. Even the dress in episode 2. The male lead just looks like a hot young man. The visuals for the leads are just so spot on. No wonder the netizens are fluttering. 

I have been watching so many dramas where one of the main OTP can't act that I am just so happy to have a main pair I can ship whole heartedly and madly for. As the characters. I rarely ship the actors themselves to be involved with each other.

But man the subbing issue for this drama truly sucks. I wonder what the license conditions are. It is not as if the Korean content providers or production companies are unused to negotiations. One of my friends subbing for Mother ( the recently ended LBY drama ) even recieved the script. So that the team definitely didn't have any issues with having wrong translations. Vs having a sole subber interpreting whatever they want. Like the VIU subs you guys are used to.

I am going back to my other drama anyway but will finish ep 1 tomorrow. The problem when you're watching a raw episode is that I have to actually find a quiet moment. Where else if there are subs I tend to sneak watch in snatches during the day. But I actually have to make sure I can hear what they are saying for a raw episode.

Hi everyone. I'm a silent reader in this forum. Oh my.. I'm in love with this drama and the chemistry between leads :wub: Even though I haven't watch it with eng sub since I don't seem find it anywhere.

At first, I had a doubt with this drama. I'm afraid that there will be no chemistry between the leads. Why? Because I thought Jung Hae In is too young for Son Ye Jin.. But then I found out that his age is 30 years old.. LMAO I'm so speechless. :joy: I know Jung Hae In since Blood drama. He acted as Ahn Jae Hyun's friend. I thought he was a young guy in early 20s back then so I don't have any thought in my mind to find out his real age. Dang, his baby face lied to me.. :lol:

BTW, this drama is really inspired from SongSong couple.. Even their age is same. I just found out that Seo Joon Hee's age is 31 years old and Yoon Jin Ah is 35 years old. This is their age in 2015 (as someone pointed out the year in past pages). It is exactly as SongSong couple's age in 2015.

I bet Seo Joon Hee and Yoon Jin Ah will start dating in February.. :tongue:

56 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

A branch store owner would be responsible for the profitability of that particular store that he's managing.

However, in this case, the store is a franchise store, meaning that the owner would have had to pay a franchise fee and signed an agreement to meet the company's specifications for interior decoration, supplies, etc. So, that manager was also the owner of that store.

Not sure which country that you're in, but in the US, a chain of restaurants, like McDonald's may be a branch store meaning the corporation directly owns it or a franchise store meaning that someone else owns it, but is required to sell McDonald's products and use McDonald's supplies. That's why not all McDonald's will carry all the promotions that the corporation may be advertising.

The father initially denied that there was any other woman other than the mother for him, however, the mother said that she even caught them on location. So, it seems that he must have taken another girl on a date or something, and she caught him during. And, given their respective attitudes, including the father protesting that it was something from so long ago that she was dragging out, it probably happened when they were still dating rather than after being married.

If it had been an affair while they were married, I don't think either of the parents would have such a relatively relaxed attitude towards it.

Ohh thanks i understand it better now !!

36 minutes ago, fatemehbehrad said:

Is there any one that can translate this drama I can do it's timing...

If you can tell me in my instagram 

@korean.actors.2015

18 minutes ago, jeijei said:

I'll wait for a week before having a go at fansubbing. 

Oh really 
thank you .. thank you 
You made my day :D

@cawaiimonster no I'm not going to sub it myself. If someone wants to fansub it, I'll volunteer as QC. But if I were you, I'd wait till next week. Who knows, subs will come late. 

Netflix doesn't have this in their library as of now. No news from them either. But they're inconsistent with their announcements so I think they probably got it since Viki didn't get the license. 

Archived