Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

SH and JH walk in on the fight between JA and GM in front of JA's parents.

Mom: Aigoo.
Dad: You just get over here, you richard simmons!
GM: I…I acknowledge that I was in the wrong. But it wasn’t just me. Jin Ah also had another man. She also cheated on me.
JA: Lee Gyu Min!
GM: What? It’s not as if I’m telling a lie!
JA: Is this why you came here?! Is this why you’re here?!
GM: Do you think it was easy for me?
JA: It wasn’t easy for you, then why are you here?
GM: Your parents told me to come here, so I should tell them I don’t want to?
JA: Yes, you should have done so. If you had respected me or my parents even an eye booger’s worth, then you should have refused. That would have been the right thing to do. If I had drunk a little more today, then it wouldn’t just have been one slap to the back of your head….
Mom: Oh, Jin Ah, what are you doing?
GM: Fine. Fine. Fine. Fine. Hit me. If it makes you feel better, than I’ll let you hit me however much you want, so hit me.
JA: You’re putting on quite a show.
GM: I’m doing this to try to do well with you again, to go back to our beginning…
JA: Stop dreaming! Even if I die and rise up again, that won’t happen.
GM: So, you’re saying that you’re really breaking up with me?
JA: Are we not broken up already?
Mom: Oh! Yoon Jin Ah, what is all this?!
JA: I’ll explain it all later.
GM: Yah, why later? Just do it now. Do you want me to talk about it in front of your parents? You! That guy who took you away from in front of your office, who was that? Who was that?! Pretending that it didn’t happen. Making it seem as if I was a piece of trash who was the only one who cheated in this relationship. What about you?!
JA: If you go on like that, does it make you feel better?
GM: Well then, who that guy is, why can’t you say it? There is no reason why you can’t be straightforward! Since you’re not saying anything, I feel as if I’m going crazy right now!
JA: I like him! That’s right. He’s someone I like, so what do you want to do about it?!
Mom: I don’t know what’s going on.
(SH at the door.)
SH: I’m home.
Mom: Oh, Seung Ho is home. Oh, Joon Hee.
SH: Oh? Why are you all like this?
Mom: Oh, what’s going on is…
GM: Oh, that’s the person!
Mom: What are you talking about? What do you mean he’s the person? Joon Hee?
GM: (grabbing JA’s wrist) You say something!
JH: Let go off that hand.
SH: Yah…
(JH drags MG out of the house!)
SH: Yah! Yah!

Joon Hee... :wub:

I think this is the last of the clips that JTBC released for episode 2. Only thing left to post is a translation for the preview to ep 3. :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

Episode 3 preview

GM: Jin Ah says that she likes him, but there is someone else that he likes!
JH: Apparently, you had come by our house. I’m asking you if you had come to see me.
JH: Noona just keeps on being cute.
JA: I am so old, you… (me: she’s saying that she’s too old to be cute)
JH: Isn’t that different depending on the person who is doing the looking?
YE: Between men and women, it’s also about the timing.
JA: What if the timing keeps not not right?
JA: We had better make progress quickly.
JA: Passionately.
(JH hiccups. :lol: Not sure if this is just the way the preview is put together, or if this is actually JH's reaction to JA wanting to progress things quickly, but it's still funny.)
JH: Noona, you know…just in case…
JA: Just in case?
JH: Just in case I…
JH: You what?
JH: Perhaps…if I ask you to buy me a meal tomorrow, will you buy it for me?

So, from the preview, it seems as if they're making some progress on acknowledging how they feel about each other. Could we get an extended period of cute while they actually finish the courtship phase and get together? We've already gotten loads of hints at all the obstacles that are going to be in their way after all.

Still, it seems as if JH isn't quite sure enough of himself or of JA to actually make a move yet according to the preview. But, they are definitely so cute together.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 9

53 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Episode 3 preview

You are doing the Lord’s work. Thanks for the translations.

They are so cute. This is why I don’t watch currently airing shows, how am I supposed to wait 6 days now?

——————

Do you guys think Joonhee likes Ji Ah for a long time even before he left? Because the way he jokingly flirts with her and teases her since ep 1 tells me maybe he’s always been like that with her.

• Like 7

@stroppyse  yessss thank you!!! IIt's giving me "secret love affair"-vibes and I really liked that drama (it's actually the same director). Low lights, realistic dialogue, slow paste romance…I'm so exited for this one!

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, rain89 said:

Do you guys think Joonhee likes Ji Ah for a long time even before he left? Because the way he jokingly flirts with her and teases her since ep 1 tells me maybe he’s always been like that with her.

He's had a crush on her for a long time, and I think he had even confessed to her previously though she probably didn't take him seriously. JA mentions in episode 1 about how the guy who had his first crush on her, Joon Hee, had called her wanting to meet. And, when they're talking in the bar the first time they get meet up in this drama after he's come back from being overseas, when JA asks if he's found a girl he likes, JH responds that unfortunately for him, Jin Ah is still the best one. Same conversation, JA jokes that if JH wasn't KS' little brother, that she would have already killed him by now.

So, I think he's been crushing on her for a long time, and may have even accepted the overseas assignment to try to get rid of his feelings for her, especially since she kept only seeing him as her best friend's little brother.

However, coming back and seeing that JA is still single and that he still likes her, I think he'll make another serious attempt for her. The scene where JH is in bed, looking at the picture that he had taken of JA sleeping while he's just so happy to see even the picture. I do want a happily ever after for him and JA. Fortunately, this time though, JA, even if it's subconsciously, also seems to see JH as a man rather than a kid brother. :)

9 minutes ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

@stroppyse  yessss thank you!!! IIt's giving me "secret love affair"-vibes and I really liked that drama (it's actually the same director). Low lights, realistic dialogue, slow paste romance…I'm so exited for this one!

Though, I'm hoping for a less ambiguous answer than in Secret Love Affair. I think I discussed it forever with friends whether the OTP is SAL would get back together somehow after she got out of prison, or whether she was letting him go gently to pursue his own career which he would in due course do. :)

But, yet, I do like the directorial style a lot, especially the close up, intimate shots. Even when they're still at the point of not quite realizing that they want to be together, the fact that they are both attracted to each other is coming through loud and clear, and it's more than the acting. It's the directing, the camerawork and the atmosphere that all of it manages to create. In the non-OTP two-shots, it's definitely not an intimate feel at all. And, they manage to make a lot of the group scenes almost claustrophobic in feel. So, it's not just that it's prettily lit and shot, I think this team is doing a great job of being evocative.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

This drama reminds me of Jtbc’s drama “a wife’s credentials”... a basic life storyline, talking about social status, the controversies and such.....I think later along the way of the story here, the OTP will be on a public spotlight ( persecution?) regarding their relationship .... nice selection of songs just like the drama I’ve mention ( they had a Jane Birkin song and now here is Carla Bruni ). (**,)

• Like 6

6 hours ago, diane90 said:

I was wrong last time with " Save the last dance for me "

but I think I'm right with " Stand by rour man " sung by ..... Carla bruni not Rachael Yumagata

first : the viprato 

and second in youtube with video ost of " Something in the rain ' there's this phrase 

곡명 - stand by your man 가수 - 카를라 브루니 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜누나 ost

I think you’re right. It’s pretty distinct. I thought it was announced that RY was to have the first OST, but they’ve been using older songs, so maybe RY’s OST hasn’t dropped yet. Any way, nice catch and thanks for clarifying. :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

And, when they're talking in the bar the first time they get meet up in this drama after he's come back from being overseas, when JA asks if he's found a girl he likes, JH responds that unfortunately for him, Jin Ah is still the best one. Same conversation, JA jokes that if JH wasn't KS' little brother, that she would have already killed him by now.

That’s the conversation that also made me think he liked her from before. But sometimes the way he says things makes it seem like he’s not serious or that he’s just joking but then you see the looks he keeps giving her.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, rain89 said:

That’s the conversation that also made me think he liked her from before. But sometimes the way he says things makes it seem like he’s not serious or that he’s just joking but then you see the looks he keeps giving her.

That’s why I think that he had confessed that he liked her before, but she didn’t take him seriously. :) So now, he cloaks his flirting with joking, but he’s totally still gone on her. His reactions when he’s by himself and gets a text from her or when he’s looking at the picture that he surreptitiously took of her while she’s sleeping says it all,

Not that I condone such behavior as taking someone’s picture surreptitiousLy, even if taken by a puppy like JH who clearly adores JA.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

That’s why I think that he had confessed that he liked her before, but she didn’t take him seriously. :) So now, he cloaks his flirting with joking, but he’s totally still gone on her. His reactions when he’s by himself and gets a text from her or when he’s looking at the picture that he surreptitiously took of her while she’s sleeping says it all,

Not that I condone such behavior as taking someone’s picture surreptitiousLy, even if taken by a puppy like JH who clearly adores JA.

I like your theory. Hopefully they’ll give us some flashback or something to confirm.

• Like 6

All the noonas here must be dying waiting for subs :lol:. I wonder if Netflix bought the rights . Grateful to @stroppyse for the translations. I found this , I think you have been a life saver even on Twitterverse! 

Spoiler

For the first time I may actually watch the drama raw 

ratings.(  Yahhhh this guy is :wub:

Which Noona would not fall for this ? 

Hello @martanur !! Good to see you here . 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, triplem said:

All the noonas here must be dying waiting for subs :lol:. I wonder if Netflix bought the rights . Grateful to @stroppyse for the translations. I found this , I think you have been a life saver even on Twitterverse! 

LOL. No idea who these folks are who are quoting my translations, though I had one nice person ask my permission to post to tumblr. Glad I could help out until the subs are out since it seems to be a big mystery thus far in terms of who bought the rights and when they will provide the subs. Hopefully, it'll get subbed pretty soon for the non-Korean speakers' sake.

Even the interactions of the OTP in the raw are cute, if you do decide to watch it raw. They make effective use of music and movement to convey quite a lot. Plus SYJ and JHI are doing a smashing job of conveying emotions even without words, and sometimes, contrary to the actual words they might say.

If you do watch raw, let me know if there are any questions, and I'll try to help out with additional scene translations, even if there isn't a video clip to go with them.

Anyway, I am really enjoying their cuteness. :) Plus, I'm really appreciating the production qualities of this drama.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I am loving this drama so much. It's my no.1...I know that if they deside to date its going to be a big mess. I just hope they can be strong for it. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, minggay68 said:

This drama reminds me of Jtbc’s drama “a wife’s credentials”... a basic life storyline, talking about social status, the controversies and such.....I think later along the way of the story here, the OTP will be on a public spotlight ( persecution?) regarding their relationship .... nice selection of songs just like the drama I’ve mention ( they had a Jane Birkin song and now here is Carla Bruni ). (**,)

BECAUSE THE DIRECTOR OF A WIFE'S CREDENTIALS AND PRETTY NOONA WHO BUYS ME FOOD IS THE SAME PERSON! IT'S AHN PAN SEOK! Sorry for the caps, I'm just happy that someone here actually watches A Wife's Credentials, my all time favorite korean drama.

The music, the style, the sweet moments.. ahhh~ It's A Wife's Credentials once more.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, triplem said:

All the noonas here must be dying waiting for subs :lol:. I wonder if Netflix bought the rights .

This ahjumma is dying too. This like waiting for a Jdrama to be subbed or not... I'm hoping that DramaFever is just going to release the subs during the week. They have put weekend dramas on hold until Monday/Tuesday. Let's just cross our fingers and pray because I want to see this drama. 

@stroppyseThank you for the translations:heart:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, evie7 said:

This ahjumma is dying too. This like waiting for a Jdrama to be subbed or not... I'm hoping that DramaFever is just going to release the subs during the week. They have put weekend dramas on hold until Monday/Tuesday. Let's just cross our fingers and pray because I want to see this drama. 

@stroppyseThank you for the translations:heart:

I suspect it’s the Easter Weekend. I  hope that is the case. If Netflix has sole rights , it could even be longer *cries* . Ahjumma here too just masquearading as a Noona . :lol::ph34r:

Could not recognise Kim Bok Joo’s swag Friend here 

I’m definitely tormenting myself & watching these cuts when there are no subs :lol:

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, jaiwook_08 said:

BECAUSE THE DIRECTOR OF A WIFE'S CREDENTIALS AND PRETTY NOONA WHO BUYS ME FOOD IS THE SAME PERSON! IT'S AHN PAN SEOK! Sorry for the caps, I'm just happy that someone here actually watches A Wife's Credentials, my all time favorite korean drama.

The music, the style, the sweet moments.. ahhh~ It's A Wife's Credentials once more.

Yang Guo and Xiaolongnu could fight the world for their love

so why not with them

at 21 century :blush:

• Like 5

1 episode ... and already   :wub:   the drama.

2 episodes and I am seriously hooked :wub::wub::wub:   and can't wait for next Fri.

So many new dramas out there, and after watching an episode -  none of them have me curious enough to go back reading and checking out all related clips on it. This one has the X FActor.

The mellow yet contemporary and chemistry, directing etc ...  gives me Temperature of Love and On The Way to Airport vibes - both dramas I enjoyed.

Random Thoughts:

That walk to her building elevator = it kinda signifies a progression.

First night - he walks her, he leaves, she enters the elevator

Second time - he lingers watchin her ... and when he walks away, he is obviously lost in thoughts

Third time - he lingers, she lingers watching him leaving from the elevator, as opposed to 2 previous times of just closing the doors.  It's getting to be a mutual interest. :wub:

That umbrella scene - he wants her to get out of comfort zone to move to him in the rain ...  it is symbolic of their relationship mapping out.

He's totally smitten, and will do anything for her/ a relationshi[...  whereas for her - she has yet to make headway (we kind of see this dawning in that romantic rain walk under the umbrella, and her reluctance to get into the cab but to prolong those moments together instead).

Even just watching this 2 episodes in Raws were very satisfying.

MUCH THANKS for all the translations stroppy-se,  and to Bah-Doo Drama Milk for live recaps!

Edited by jus-ash
  • Like 9

I've been using @stroppyse translation since Moon Lovers era I guessed. Hard core fans of you sis. 

Btw, just checking DC and one of the post found a surprising fact. I can't share my own screenshot, since all I have is the 720p quality clips on YouTube. But that chingu managed to ss this. So I shared her/his pict here. Credit to DC.

eFERAegu_o.jpg

The chat happened in 2015 January 25th!!!

Does it means we will have another separation until they meet again on 2018?! Geez.... 

• Like 8