Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

The production team were in Shanghai. The drama may gonna be officially broadcasted there soon 

• Like 3

Well blow me down, this drama truly surprised me in that it was very good. I put off watching it because it seemed slow. It was slow (in a good way) AND very romantic. Now I wish I had watched it along with the thread to discuss some of my thoughts. I highly recommend.

My only complaint; the kissing scenes (and there are many), it seems like the lead was the only one trying to make them real. Maybe the female lead is in a relationship already. However, that aside, I have fallen in love with this actor. I want to see more of him.

• Like 1

Hi guys

I think the survey of director's cut BLURAY/DVD is on the progress, any interested?

To me, this drama is really great, I don't wanna see such fantastic drama is out of DVD/BluRay 

• Like 1

JTBC’s 'Beautiful lady who buys me food’ won the "Brand" Grand Drama Award of the Year

201807241706125405.jpg

JTBC 's beautiful lady who buys me food” (Writer: Kim Eun, director: Ahn Pan Seok) won the' 2018 Brand of the year 'drama category hosted by the Korea Consumer Brand Committee. 'Pretty Lady who buys me food' got higher points than the 'Secret Forest', 'Live', 'Mother' etc. 

In 2017, 'Fight My Way' was selected as the drama of the year, "War of Words" was selected as political variety of the year, and 'Hyori's Homestay' was selected as the Yolo performing arts of the year. 

JTBC drama 'Beautiful lady who Buys me food', which was ended on May 19th, received a favorable response as it portrayed real love that men and women would fall in love with. In particular, the two actors Son Ye-jin and Jung Hae-in's solid performance, director Ahn Pan-seok's directing style, OST, etc. became the hot topic and recorded the highest audience rating of 8.3% (14th Episode). 

The Korea Consumer Forum held a national poll for the selection of this year's brand through online and mobile from May 30 to June 13, 2018. ICT, consumer electronics, health, education, finance, shopping, dining, and food. The top brands were selected according to the 100% consumer poll.

As a result, 364,816 people / 3,817,527 votes in the largest scale of the drama division of this year, 'beautiful lady who buys me food' was selected as the brand of the year 2018. The 16th 'Brand of the Year' is an annual event that selects and honors the best brands that shine through the annual public vote.

http://mnews.jtbc.joins.com/News/Article.aspx?news_id=NB11670342

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There is a new kdrama poll that's just starting on this forum. Not too many villains in this drama, but so many categories that this drama could be nominated for. :DAnyway, check it out. Deadlines for nominations are August 5, and then it'll enter the voting period.

• Thanks 1

Our drama, our actors are all voted :w00t:        Online research platform PMI carried out a survey in partnership with survey website Tillion, in order to see which actor, actress, idol group, and drama received the most love from netizens in the first half of 2018!

Dramas

1st place - 'Prison Playbook' (23.7% votes)
2nd place - 'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food' [also 'Something In The Rain'] (21.7% votes)
3rd place - 'What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?' (20.7% votes)

Actors

1st place - Park Seo Joon (29.1% votes)
2nd place - Jung Hae In (20.3% votes)
3rd place - Jo Jin Woong (13.1% votes)

Actresses

1st place - Son Ye Jin (25.6% votes)
2nd place - Jung Yoo Mi (voting percentage not listed)
3rd place - Kim Nam Joo (voting percentage not listed)

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/07/netizens-vote-for-their-favorite-actor-actress-idol-group-drama-for-the-first-half-of-2018

• Like 2

Iqiyi Taiwan First Half 2018 popular Korean drama list 

top 10 Korean drama charts

1. Pretty Lady Who Buys Me Food

2. My Mister

3. Suits

4. Great Seducer

5. Wok of love

6. Radio Romance

7. Children of a lesser god

8. Lawless lawyer 

9. What's wrong with Secretary Kim

10. Cross

https://girlsdaily.com/tw/2018/07/19/article/40527/

Congratulations to "Pretty lady who buys me food" (Something in the rain) for another achievement overseas.

• Like 1

S. Korean TV series 'Something in the Rain' most popular in China

2018-08-02 17:04

SEOUL, Aug. 2 (Yonhap) -- South Korean TV drama "Something in the Rain," also known as "Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food," and "Switch - Change the World" were most popular South Korean television shows in China and Japan, respectively, data showed Thursday.

The Korea Communications Commission examined a total of 21 TV series that aired this year, checked Internet polls, local news, and related Internet clips in five Asian countries: China, Japan, Vietnam, India, and Indonesia.

"Something in the Rain" -- starring actress Son Ye-jin and actor Actor Jung Hae-in -- was the most preferred TV series in Vietnam, the data showed.

http://m.yna.co.kr/mob2/en/contents_en.jsp?cid=AEN20180802011300320&site=0200000000&mobile

• Like 1

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” won Excellence Award for Hallyu Dramas (2018) together with “Fight My Way”

40684826_169130527316136_903074850459038

Son Ye Jin took home the Best Actress award in the Hallyu Dramas category for her work in “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.”

40946738_169127677316421_807974848790370

• Like 1

Hi all,im new here..

I just start addict to watch Kdrama again  early of this year.

And i love crime thriller genre.

I personally doesn't like lovey dovey drama..

I watched thriller drama non stop until i got a headache because of the stress...lol..

Then i saw a news Pretty Noona won Drama of The Year.

So i seach #PrettyNoona on ig and most of the clips is a kissing scene...:grin:..

so i try to watch this drama because i want to take a rest from a thriller drama..

surprisingly i like it veryyyyyy much..

and until now,i keep rewatching it..

its hard for me to rewatching kdrama,i just watch it once than thats it.

but this drama...arghhh i dont know when i can stop to keep watching t and move to other drama.

After delaying for quite some time in watching the last two episodes because of the spoilers I read in this forum, I finally braved myself to do it. And I found the ending quite amusing although no wedding scenes for our lovely couple. Love this drama a lot.

Please tell me, how many years of separation they had before reuniting? 

• Like 2

I accidentally discovered this drama. The title put me off and I'm so happy to have stumbled on it on YouTube. 

I watched the female lead's hit historical drama.

My only completed and cherished historical drama:D

Since then I fall in love With her.

Don't know anything about the guy but he resemble that lead guy in my golden life.

I was so engrossed that time was flying by and I didn't notice that.

As per the chemistry, I'm so short of words.

When you bring a seasoned writer, actors and directors together, this is what you get.

Out of curiosity I checked the reception and wasn't disappointed. 

Read there may be continuation.

There are few actresses that I love their physical appearances in k drama and she is one of them.

As per the guy,he has already won me over.

I have a very soft spot for more than average handsome guys and he acts so well. 

Can he appear in variety show pls.

Want to know more about him.

I recommend this drama for anybody looking for quality.

• Like 3

|News|  2018•12•04 Drama "Something in The Rain" Received Presidential Commendation in 2018 "Korea Content Awards"

93148141.1.jpg&key=7385e84d62f309325a824

The JTBC drama "Something in the rain (pretty sister who buys me food)," starred actors Son ye-jin and Jung Hae-in, receives the presidential Commendation in 2018 "Korea Content Awards."

Organized by the Korean Creative Content Agency and the Ministry of Culture, this annual award ceremony is dedicated to local content creators commemorating their achievements and hard work.  In this year's event, which marks its 10th anniversary, 32 people received awards in five categories including cartoons, animation, excellence in broadcasting, and performance in foreign markets. 

On December 4, 2018 Director Ahn Pan-seok, who directed "Something in the rain (pretty sister who buys me food)," receives the Presidential Commendation in the field of drama in the broadcasting industry. "The Drama Content Grand Prize" winner shares "we have created a great empathy from the viewers by realistically expressing the grief, sexual harassment, and the violence of dating in our society." 

**skipped unrelated**

The JTBC drama "Something in the rain (pretty sister who buys me food)" (written by Kim-eun, directed by Ahn Pan-seok, and produced by Drama House and Content K) was first broadcast on March 30. It was greatly loved by viewers as it showed "real love" between a man and a woman from just knowing each other to really falling in love. Son Ye-jin and Jung Hae-in were starred as the main actors. Following by the audience's rating of more than 8%, the drama was top-ranked in the first half of 2018.

Source (1)

• Like 1