[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

5 minutes ago, rain89 said:

^ I think he took the US job for 3 years without asking JA first so in the preview he’s asking her if she thought of quitting her job and then he asked her to go with him.

TBH I hope she refuses seeing as she also refused moving in with him because she doesn’t wanna depend on him after she made the big speech to her parents. I know her job isn’t going well now as they’re already painting her as a “victim cosplayer” but if she goes with him she’ll have to depend on him even more.

She can use some time apart from her garbage family .

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Not like it matters at this point to be honest.

Lol maybe because it is just 2 episodes left that it does not really matter if the writer pulls a time-jump plot which I actually have always despised in a drama. A timejump for a better and richer Joon Hee? Okay, those might be important ingredients to create a happily ever after with Jin Ah's mom finally accepts him and treats him better because he has become richer and stable. Yeah I do need Joon Hee to become more focused on his work but I don't think he needs another time jump in US. But, once again, I do agree with you @dramaninja not that matters in just 2 episodes left lol. At least, this week we do see Jin Ah growing a bit by bit as a character especially tonight. They make Jin Ah stand for herself in front of her parents and she finally tells Joon Hee that sometimes she just wants to act out her anger. 

12 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

She can use some time apart from her garbage family .

Which is why she’s finding an apartment.

When she left home, she said using this opportunity she wants to become independent and “experience the world”. If she moves in with JH or runs away with him, she’ll have to depend on him seeing as she’s not gonna have a job and it’ll just be like moving from one sheltered life to another sheltered life.

Still I don’t want JH to go, this is why I really hate kdrama time jumps, it’s really unnecessary :(

At first, when I first listened to Stand by Your Man song, I heard the lyrics "if you love, you'll forgive him". The first time I listened to it was I kinda forgot whether it was in the first teasers of this drama or in the beginning episodes of this drama but at that time, I thought that Joon Hee's character would be the selfish type or immature because he was younger and seemed so free and nothing for him to worry about that Jin Ah had to forgive his immaturity and flaws.

But as I have been watching this drama until episode 14 though I still have not been able to watch the full episode, but I do think that the song should have been titled as "Stand by Your Woman". He made her stand up for herself, he made her learn her true worth as woman, he made her feel loved and let her love for him to be reciprocated that it should have been as it was not the case when she was in a relationship with Gyu Min. This drama has taught me that love can do wonders with its ordinariness.

They do not have to have either chaebols or geniuses or someone with special ability like being able to read other's mind or see the future or have an extraordinary power for their characters to be able to do wonders for the love. They are just ordinary characters with outstanding ability to show 2 people in love who can grow with love. 

44 minutes ago, bugcie said:

How can a good ending with so many sub stories (needed closure)  be told in just 2 episodes?  :o

Kdramas always tend to have endings which do not have full closures of all the sub plots. They always have plot holes whether it is for the sake of a happy ending or it is because the duration is not enough for the full closures. But I do hope that the writer of this drama will do justice for all the chatacters and subplots even if it is not perfect. Also, I want to see Seung Ho more. He seems so suffocated with his family.

13 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

JA races out of her home to meet JH for a hug.

JA: This is totally enough. If I only have Seo Joon Hee, then I’m fine.

Can they just team up for another melodrama? They are just too good in melodramatic scenes like this. Are you guys feeling the same with me that they really match each other in terms of chemistry.

I have seen Son Ye Jin with Jung Woo Sung, Cho Seung Woo, Bae Yong Jun, Song Seung Hun, Song Il Gook, Lee Min Ho, and Jung Hae In and I must say her best onscreen partners are Jung Woo Sung, Cho Seung Woo, and Jung Hae In. 

My version for the next two episodes LOL. Jun Hee goes to China for 3 months, it gives them some space for clearing head etc. While Jin-Ah fixing her problem in her company. And then Jin-ah comes to visit Jun Hee in China, get married and living in Jeju. After sometimes, in 2018, her mum finally giving in and wondering how’s their lives and decided comes to visit.

Feel free with your own interpretations and expectations next week :D 

4 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

I can't believe that OTP will be separate for 3 long years... how could they be together ? Hope next week writernim will surprise us with an unforgettable ending!!:D

I assume that they will go separate way.. and the finale they will meet again 3 years later in Jeju accidentally.. sounds familiar right? Hahaa.. thats actually the ending of Winter Sonata.. they met and the drama end.

I'm a bit dissapointed if writer just give us an ending like that.. we deserve more ! 

I wanna see a marriage hahaha..

But there is a chance of marriage since we already saw the pics before that SH wearing a formal suit :D

21 minutes ago, Oww TooCute said:

I assume that they will go separate way.. and the finale they will meet again 3 years later in Jeju accidentally.. sounds familiar right? Hahaa.. thats actually the ending of Winter Sonata.. they met and the drama end.

I'm a bit dissapointed if writer just give us an ending like that.. we deserve more ! 

I wanna see a marriage hahaha..

But there is a chance of marriage since we already saw the pics before that SH wearing a formal suit :D

Lol not with the Winter Sonata ending but it was so much better compared to another drama when the leads just met in the last 5 minutes and they were just staring and smiling to each other while standing apart for quite far from each other. At least in Winter Sonata, they finally got together and kissed passionately in the end with the sunset as the background. If Pretty Noona goes with that ending, I bet the writer will not make it to be a top writer in the future since she/he is a newbie if I am not mistaken lol 

8 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

Lol not with the Winter Sonata ending but it was so much better compared to another drama when the leads just meet in the last 5 minutes and they were just staring and smiling to each other while standing apart for quite far from each other. At least in Winter Sonata, they finally got together and kissed passionately in the end with the sunset as the background. If Pretty Noona goes with that ending, I bet the writer will not make it to be a top writer in the future since she/he is a newbie if I am not mistaken lol 

Yeah thats the ending I hate the most.. meet up in the very last minutes only staring to each other (On the way to the airport) hahahha.. but the winter sonata ending also too short for me, its not even 5 minutes :D i want moooore hahaha

I like this drama so much, the ending better be good hahaha.. 

4 minutes ago, Oww TooCute said:

Yeah thats the ending I hate the most.. meet up in the very last minutes only staring to each other (On the way to the airport) hahahha.. but the winter sonata ending also too short for me, its not even 5 minutes :D i want moooore hahaha

I like this drama so much, the ending better be good hahaha.. 

I have also been brainwashed by this drama or severely infected by a disease caused by this drama that I have become crazy for this couple and eventhough that the plot in the past weeks has unexpectedly gone quite unsatisfying for me, I still love this drama so much. Chill, dear, they already filmed for the Jeju scene together. They already paid quite a lot to go to Jeju, they will take a full benefit of it to create the happiest ending for our couple, if not fully satisfying to other characters but I hope the writer does justice for the others

Sigh, today's episode is not what I expected and I was kinda disappointed with the storyline.. since its almost towards the finale, I was expecting more.. not slow pace like this again..well yes, JA is making progress of finally decided to move out. Other than that, it's nothing much. And I thought JH father would make some impact to the story but he didn't. 

19 minutes ago, jesskitkat said:

Sigh, today's episode is not what I expected and I was kinda disappointed with the storyline.. since its almost towards the finale, I was expecting more.. not slow pace like this again..well yes, JA is making progress of finally decided to move out. Other than that, it's nothing much. And I thought JH father would make some impact to the story but he didn't. 

The previous and remaining episodes are kinda disappointing really. I also thought that JH's father will share something significant to the drama but only nonsense scenes that made the episodes a bit boring and draggy. Maybe and I hope  the conflict JA has at their office will have a good result in support for the #metoo movement. 

Do not worry guys ! No time jumps , the production said that !

and if JA waits for JH returning from US 3 years, she will become..............mid-aged Lady :grin:

Do not believe the prevew neither, the proof ... prevew of ep 13... there's no break-up !

And it's sure, JH goes nowhere except....................Jeju Island hahahahaha

and with..............JA of course !

Just watched ep14 and felt that ever since JH started the relationship with JA, he is very stressed out. He's physically and emotionally stressed out more than JA & I pity him a lot lot more than JA, though she also suffered whacking from the mom.

I feel JH should really take a break from this relationship. Pity him :(

25 minutes ago, diane90 said:

Do not worry guys ! No time jumps , the production said that !

and if JA waits for JH returning from US 3 years, she will become..............mid-aged Lady :grin:

Do not believe the prevew neither, the proof ... prevew of ep 13... there's no break-up !

And it's sure, JH goes nowhere except....................Jeju Island hahahahaha

and with..............JA of course !

Where did you read it, chingu? Can you share the source? I really want to believe to this news!! Thanks!!:D

Hi guys,glad I found this forum.Love the drama so much and I am shocked to read people are finding it boring.The leads chemistry makes me wanna fall in love again lol.I am happy to see the ratings going up again .wow ep 14 had 7.2 ratings yayy

1 hour ago, somethingitr said:

Hi guys,glad I found this forum.Love the drama so much and I am shocked to read people are finding it boring.The leads chemistry makes me wanna fall in love again lol.I am happy to see the ratings going up again .wow ep 14 had 7.2 ratings yayy

Yeay! Guys, look at this. The ratings increased so much although it was partially because Grand Prince ended last week so there was no much competition for Our Noona.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Something_in_the_Rain/Episode_Ratings

But still, it is a happy news indeed.

Maybe it is not people find it boring, they are just expecting for a more developed plot whereas the writer has been making a really slow progress of everything except, she/he made our couple smitten by each other really fast and made them date really early. But, I just love them lol. I love PD Ahn's directing style and not to forget to mention, our leads' forever unforgettable chemistry. 

Welcome to this thread, dear!

6 hours ago, bugcie said:

The previous and remaining episodes are kinda disappointing really. I also thought that JH's father will share something significant to the drama but only nonsense scenes that made the episodes a bit boring and draggy. Maybe and I hope  the conflict JA has at their office will have a good result in support for the #metoo movement. 

Lol as @dramaninja and me mentioned on the page before that we were only left with 2 episodes and nothing really mattered anymore lol:lol: the progress of Jin Ah's character has been really slow from the beginning that I did not even really notice. They only made her grow in a few scenes and one of the few scenes was last night when she finally stood up for herself. And the timejump is not really necessary, jinjja. If the time jumo then will make Jin Ah' character fully grow, it is still not needed. They can make Jin Ah grow even without the time jump. I hope the preview is misleading. Though Joon Hee will go to US, I hope they still maintain their relationship. A long distance relationship, maybe? Maybe the writer wants to make Joon Hee become chaebol all of a sudden:glasses:

Anyway, do you guys think it will be possible to reach up to 10% ratings in the remaining episodes? Only then Son Ye Jin will reunite with Jung Hae In lol

@diane90 please give us the source. I want to know what the PD said. Lol I will feel assured if the PD already promised that

I need to wait until I watch the whole episode to comment on anything else. But that ending...What...

He asked to be transferred to the US for three years without asking JA. Haha. Now we know it's not only JA that makes big mistakes! He didn't just think about it, he asked his employer to send him. He's definitely going or he's fired. It puts pressure on JA to comply.  JH said he likes it overseas but...would JA?  They've never discussed her feelings on living overseas.

JH must be reaching the end of his tether to suggest this idea. I don't blame him. He had so many quiet scenes where he was just shaking with suppressed anger and emotion.  When life gets too hard, run away. It's true that it would neatly remove several stressors from their relationship. Her family wouldn't be in their face all the time, they could just be happy together. In a bubble.  I can see why JH thought this was a solution. It isn't.

What about KS? She would lose her beloved brother for three years (again) AND her best friend. She would still live close to JA's family.  Would she have to cope with their anger on her own?  Yikes.  Stand by your sister!  All the other problems will just be on hold too. Eventually they''ll return to Korea. Obviously, her mother will be the same.  Her job situation could get worse.  You can already see the tide turning against her when she's there.  She is the accuser.  If she runs away in the middle of the harassment scandal, it will look like she is lying. 

To run away or face your problems 'fighting'...What is the 'right' decision for their relationship? Tough.

Archived