[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

35 minutes ago, HeeRinah said:

And another thing. I don't think that JH is as perfect as it seems... (though i loooove him , don't get me wrong :D) . But to me, he was protected his whole life, by his own sister, almost living in his own lies so he can forget or denie his hard past. His sister was the only one that was going through the hardships of family roots. She was the one calling their father, crying over it, not letting his brother getting involved with that.

So..somehow, i kind of agree that yes, his character is a bit childish in some ways. To me, it's time  that he faces his own things too, :) and stop being overprotected  :))

The point JH is childish: I dont agree at all.  He is more matured than the adults character in this drama.  The way he tackles each and every situation.  I am amazed by his maturity level.  I can give you various situations, which  come to my mind now.

1. Episode 3: When his sister ask him did he go anywhere outside the town coz she saw the toll tkt, immdly he told her that he went to some place(i dont remember the name) with JA to get new ideas for his project.  He did not tell any lie at all

2.He was the one who want to reveal their relationship first. rather than cover up.

3.JH gave JA the confidence to believe in herself and she became brave enough to face the superiors in her office.

4. When JA mom came the night when JA and JH made love, he was so matured to talk to  her mom and not make JA worry and the way he managed the situation, wow!!!!

5.in this  episode also, when he expressed to JA how he feels about his father that scene was even better.

6. I think he understands his sister's situation very well since she is the one who brought him up.  We know usually how a boy in the family lives without any worries/family difficulties, but here, JH very well knows his and KS's place in the society.  He hates his father becoz he was not there for them and gave his sister a big responsibility.  He and KS are more matured for their age.  

edit:

An angry and sexy JH

nGVPkPY.gif

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think perhaps until the ending, the mother still won't accept JH. Unless the writers come up with a miraculously brilliant idea. 

In fact, I actually prefer if the mother doesn't accept JH. Let her live in her own world and regret it later in life. JH & JA have the support & love from their own father, siblings & friends. 

Thanks to all recappers! Thanks a lot @stroppyse for the translations...

BTW i skipped this episode for the angst and the orrible JA's mom. This woman deserves to lost JH's respect and her daughter's love. She really pissed me off. Tomorrow i hope to see some fan service 'cause this couple cannot break! They deserve an happy ending all the way!!:D

If I were JA and my mom talked like that, especially in front of the people she practically treated like her kids, I would've slapped my mom across her face in front of the people she is disrespecting. Harsh? Nope. Being a mother doesn't mean, everything she says is perfect and right. This woman is just...I can't even find the best bad word to describe her. 

gosh...i'm a bit emotional at the scene when JA asked for break up and JH bang the door..huhu...she shouldn't hide those tears...let it out uncontrollably in the middle of all of them especially in front of the mother...let her know how much she hurt her...

and whats with another program using the same bgm over a heartbreaking story...arghhh...onions!!

Spoiler

I haven’t watched the episode yet. But reading the translation makes me feel bitter. I don’t know about you guys but the couples’ fighting makes my heart skipped a beat. I don’t know why this couples give me all the feels, it’s like I’m actually in this relationship.  

I am glad they finally talked about their different reasons for lying to each other. That's progress!  Yes! I was worried the show was trying to say this was normal behaviour in a relationship. I am pleased they actually see that as an issue that will be resolved. 

That first scene was hard to watch.  What a mess.  However, as it went on, I started to be less angry at JA. She didn't understand the way JH felt about his dad. Do you think it's because she is so close to KS? She helped KS through her parent issues. KS is very different to JH and it's clear JA/JH have not discussed his father at all.  I think knowing so much about KS's feelings must have skewed JA's perspective a bit.  She was really surprised by how angry JH was at her meeting his dad.  I only really considered there was a reason for her insensitivity when KS was talking to JH about their dad. She feels differently and JA knows everything about how KS feels but very little about how JH feels toward the dad (since they haven't talked about it).  KS doesn't think JH is acting 100% right i.e. he's their only dad. 

I still think JA should have spoken to JH before meeting his dad.  The worst thing was when she called him childish; their age difference makes that a sensitive button so that just made it worse.  Eeek. At least, she felt bad about that comment.  I don't think JH is immature, he just has anger issues on certain subjects. He's within his rights to be angry at his father. It wasn't a childish tantrum, he felt betrayed.  

The mother in the last scene was so bad that I sort of understood JA's pained, abrupt decision.  JA's mum was such a coward! Lol That surprised me. I thought she'd be fine talking smack to JH Father's face but - no.  She said nothing to his face. She just abused his children while he was unconscious. Blegh.  She is getting worse. Is that because she feels more power over his children or does she only treat her 'family' this way and has a polite face with everyone else?  It was heartbreaking to see JA's face while her mother spoke to JH.  :(  I was hoping she'd get angry and tell her mum where to go even if JH doesn't like that.  Plus, with the fight earlier, it's like she was worn down and unable to bear the pain it was causing both JH and KS.  Was this an act of protection?  :(

Based on the fact they talked about their real issues (the lying etc), misunderstandings and mistakes..I actually think the fight will be good for their relationship.  I just want to see the resolution and forgiveness first!   Fights like this can help break that polite barrier and understand each other better.  Now she knows how he feels about his dad and her lying.  Hopefully they will get back together quickly!

48 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

The ratings for ep 13 is quite stable though it did not go higher than the 5%.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Something_in_the_Rain/Episode_Ratings

5.564%

The drama has stable audience. That’s good. I think it’s either you love it or not. For me, I started, got hooked and couldn’t let it go because I can see all chacteracters around me. I can relate to them. Even when I got frustrated because of their stupidity but if I put myself in their situations, I think I may act the same way.

Actually, as the story progresses I have this thought that it hits close to home. Writers usually base their story from their own experiences, other people’s experiences and their imagination. The issues about JA’s mom’s meddlesome concern for her daughter and sexual harrassment at work, I think are topics of great interest to the writer. She is relentless when she writes scenes about these. It makes my blood boil to watch these scenes, the script is on point and the acting strongly brings out the mood, but still I sit through it because that is the central theme of the story here aside from the noona romance. 

JA personifies most women, with all her confusing amalgam of emotions. Many of us can identify with her thought patterns, the brave choices and foolish mistakes she made,  as well as her frustrations and her hopes. Her character, with all the flaws and strengths,  is not far from reality. 

On the other hand, JH personifies every girl’s dream boyfriend. In a given situation, how would I want my boyfriend to act? Presto, JH does it! That’s why we love him. :D C’mon girls, finding a bf like him would be like finding a needle in a haystack. The writer had really written his character well to make the viewers fall in love with him. Me included. hehehe :wub: Oh, not just JH but the person himself. Love you JHI! 

Though the preview looks promising.. i'm still wondering what would happen in the mean time 2015 - 2018.. hope that wouldn't be another broke up.. that breakup scene is too heart wrenching to see, glad its only for few secs hahaha saved by the preview..

But I still find JA's reaction very realistic.. coz I also can't think any other way to stop her mother mocked on JH in that situation.. hmm must be embarassing to have a mother like that

32 minutes ago, Oww TooCute said:

Though the preview looks promising.. i'm still wondering what would happen in the mean time 2015 - 2018.. hope that wouldn't be another broke up.. that breakup scene is too heart wrenching to see, glad its only for few secs hahaha saved by the preview..

But I still find JA's reaction very realistic.. coz I also can't think any other way to stop her mother mocked on JH in that situation.. hmm must be embarassing to have a mother like that

So far, there has not been any too much twists so I expect them to be still together in the 3 years gap. Even if there are some conflicts, they resolve them quite fast except for the mother things. But if the writer goes on with another breakup plot, it will be quite silly because we know that even if one of them get angry, then the other one will chase after him/her or they will still reconcile. I don't think Joon Hee will accept the fact that they break up again after affirming their love in tonight's episode

My imagination: JA didn't lock her door and JH open it, go in her room and lock it.  Let the others bang the door from the out side and JH doesn't give a da*n.

He confronts her and tell her don't say such hurtful things to him and he can't live without her. They kiss and make up. And i mean, a good passionate kiss this time. 

Sigh.... only in my dreams for now :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, jesskitkat said:

My imagination: JA didn't lock her door and JH open it, go in her room and lock it.  Let the others bang the door from the out side and JH doesn't give a da*n.

He confronts her and tell her don't say such hurtful things to him and he can't live without her. They kiss and make up. And i mean, a good passionate kiss this time. 

Sigh.... only in my dreams for now :rolleyes:

In my dreams after the time jump they live with a cute child!! Wild imagination!!:lol:

Are there any new articles about our drama to be read? Regarding last night's episode or the current popularity of it? I want to watch the raw but I am afraid I will cry in the end of the episode where they break up though I know they will reconcile tonight, but still. I am just busy lurking here and other websites to look for the latest update of this drama.

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

In some ways, I think I dislike SY with her fake smiles and her lying and treachery more than I dislike JA's mother for being self-righteous, self-aggrandizing, materialistic blowhard. :(

On the other hand, I think JH and JA really needed to have that argument and have things come to a head. I was impressed that the drama addresses many of the questions that had been raised in this thread even about their respective lying and their trust issues, and then going even further with it to explore why, what, and how.

@stroppyse I agree with both of these comments so much!  I love that they are confronting their issues because that means this is a mature relationship that could last. It's only when you don't care that you stop arguing. 

I don't understand SY. I thought she was friends with some of these girls especially JA. I can't understand her justification. Surely she can't trust this slimy man to keep his word and, even if he did, would the reward be worth burning all those bridges? How big would the promotion be...?  I understand JA's mother's perspective and motivations even if I don't agree with  her actions.  SY didn't make enough progress with JH to have that twist her friendship with JA this much...?  You'd have to have a big ego to let that twist you....

Archived