[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, it's not just us grumbling.  I guess there has been complaints by netizens that JH and JA only give each other pecks rather than full on steamy kisses as well. :lol:  Also, the whole bit where JA chases JH in the rain is an adlib by JH? Too, too cute.

So, do you thing they did the pecks n not steamy kiss on purpose? :D

@stroppyse Well yeah thats possible that  SYJ is holding back.. i'm so curious, I just checked her drama Personal Taste with LMH hahhahaha its true that her kisses aren't steamy even though LMH quite active than JHI huahahhaa :D

Me also want to see their passionate kiss hahahha that would be so great.. even JHI looks a bit disappointed about that hahaha

21 minutes ago, rain89 said:

@stroppyse Maybe SYJ is indeed shy and holding back on the steaminess but from what I’ve seen in her movies and dramas, she has done lots of steamy kisses and lots of hot sex scenes so I don’t think it’s her fault.

Yeah, I do not think she holds back from steamy kiss as she has done much more steamy kiss even than Personal Taste before, such as April Snow and A Moment to Remember.

Glad that Jung Hae In made the adlib. It is one of the most iconic scene. If I am not mistaken, some of you said it before that the scene in ep 5 when he carried her was adlib too. He must be really happy to carry her lol. He must love that kind of scene like me lol

1 hour ago, Grenna said:

stills cut

56 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Also, I'm not attributing any particular reasoning to her reticence to show passion in this drama. But, I do think she's the leading cause of why this drama has veered away time and again from showing more passion between the OTP.

I am thinking maybe because of the dating rumors. SYJ used to have good chemistry with Kim Nam Gil, but when he showed too much affection towards her and the dating rumors broke out, she felt very uncomfortable. In the past, she had numerous passionate kisses with older leading men. She didn't have any passionate kisses with LMH and JHI. Maybe she doesn't feel comfortable to have steamy kiss with younger men. But why? I'm wondering. She is always known to be professional when it comes to acting.

I felt like SYJ likes to lean her face on JHI’s chest.

ezgifcom-video-to-gif-116-15259227564001

I hope it won’t sound too harsh if I may say that I am a bit disappointed with SYJ if the decision to hold back passionate kiss(es) came from her.  This is a love story about two people who are deeply in love it can’t go on without (a scene of) deep affection. What is a true meaning of something in the rain if not love.  After 12 episodes, there’s a moment I want to drop this drama. Something is really wrong about it.  Furthermore after seeing the character of Jin Ah which SYJ portrays, I am curious why she chose this drama for her return to small screen after a long break of 5 years. Jin Ah is not a significant role for an A list actress, in my opinion. 

This drama started so well, it could have become one of the best love stories of K drama but now I doubt.  Without JHI this drama is meaningless to me. 

@Tukata yes I agree with you.  It's not that we have perverted mindset or something. What we want to see is a romantic & passionate kiss. Not in every episode, but I'm just bored of their pecks. Seems so casual and 'lifeless' :lol:

And in ep2, JA told JH that we need to love crazily & passionately when we are with the one with love, as a way to respect the other person.  But i haven't see that yet. Hehe..

53 minutes ago, Tukata said:

I hope it won’t sound too harsh if I may say that I am a bit disappointed with SYJ if the decision to hold back passionate kiss(es) came from her.  This is a love story about two people who are deeply in love it can’t go on without (a scene of) deep affection. What is a true meaning of something in the rain if not love.  After 12 episodes, there’s a moment I want to drop this drama. Something is really wrong about it.  Furthermore after seeing the character of Jin Ah which SYJ portrays, I am curious why she chose this drama for her return to small screen after a long break of 5 years. Jin Ah is not a significant role for an A list actress, in my opinion. 

This drama started so well, it could have become one of the best love stories of K drama but now I doubt.  Without JHI this drama is meaningless to me. 

If I can add my opinion to your comment, I also do agree that the significant role in this drama may point to Joon Hee's character more than Jin Ah. The build of Joon Hee's character is stronger than Jin Ah. Yeah I do love their chemistry, I love this drama so much that I do not think I need to mention it again, but if Son Ye Jin is not the one who portrays Jin Ah, I wonder what it will become of Jin ah's character. Not because I am a girl therefore I say that Joon Hee is more significant, but I can not feel the same with Jin Ah compared to Joon Hee. Usually in Kdramas, the male lead character is the more significant one than the female lead role. Maybe Son Ye Jin was touched by the realism in Jin Ah's character therefore she decided to take on the role.

In terms of the kissing scenes which have always come out as pecks, I also do hope that for the ending, we will get to see a more passionate kiss, but if the actress or the actor or the PD think it would be best not to do the passionate one, I am also okay with that. A passionate kiss in Jeju:tongue:

@jesskitkat lolll maybe because we have seen too many pecks from them. 

Oddly...I am enjoying the office drama / culture of harassment.  I am quite interested in how that will turn out.  It's more layered than I expected and I certainly didn't start watching the show for that storyline.  There are a LOT of Korean shows with 'casual harassment' in the workplace. It's interesting to see it talked about so openly. 

I like the way it has looked at the issue from many angles with many female/male personalities.  It is a toxic culture with a power disparity.  Women can 'enable' the behaviour with silence. Jin Ah personifies the culture of silence.  Nothing changes if you stay silent.  There is a very real risk of being fired when you try to change a workplace culture since culture is so ingrained.  I like how  just a small thing, refusing to go to a company dinner, caused this ripple across the whole company.  I like that they didn't sensationalise the discussion with a dramatic assault / rape to trigger the debate.  

I think this show has explored the tension of changing this kind of culture better than any show I've seen. I didn't expect that. I especially liked the way the women all have their own opinion / behave differently. Some look down on, or up to, Jin Ah.  I don't know how popular that storyline is but I really love this show just for that. It doesn't have to be original, just handled well.  

If JH came into JA's life just to make her "wake up", find her self-worth and speak...good job. I hope she, in turn, didn't have a negative effect on his life by making him lose his self worth. It seems like he is losing his confidence day by day. That would suck. 

Their kisses aren't passionate.  The longer they are together, the more uncomfortable the kisses look. It's not because it's better or worse, it just hasn't developed.  Real relationships progress.  Maybe she wants to display tenderness or keep a distance because of the 'Noona' aspect of their dynamic.  I hope we get at least one passionate kiss to show the relationship changing or maturing. I think there is something that needs to be fixed in their relationship - a barrier between them / they aren't quite comfortable relaxing with each other. It would be good to see a real, passionate kiss near the end of the show when that distance is resolved e.g. a reunion or when they finally stop lying to each other / letting other people's opinions influence their behaviour.  

It's weird because some of the most passionate kisses I've seen on a Korean show were in "Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim" and there was like two kisses in the whole show. lol  Quality or quantity? 

@sunshinefate I see your point actually when I mentioned about significant role, I did not mean to compare SYJ heroine character with JHI’s. Perhaps JA’s little development upsets me.  I hate to see a woman being portrayed as brainless. @Belinda Kennedy I agree with everything you shared here likewise I enjoy other topics they try to present ie office or family culture, it’s realistic and well delivered. 

Hi, I'm not a newbie to Soompi. Usually all I did was lurking around. But I just watch ep 12 and JA's blind date infuriate me that I have to login and make new account.

The plot is really old school actually. I really expect JA would defy her mother and doesn't give a **** to the stupid culture and society.

It will be really interesting if the writers would appreciate the audience by showing us that JA having JH have grown to be a woman who is  worthy. Independent, smart and classy. I mean she's good at her job, has extensive experiences, educated and beautiful.

I was actually happy watching the first few episodes, seeing the show actually portrays grown woman who actually have a job at an office and kills it.

But watching ep 12 kinda drew the line for me. The writers could portray her act differently but they didn't. why?

I mean I have been in the same position like JA. My boyfriend then was a whole lot younger than me, my mother was not like JA's mom, but yeah she did asked me to meet some arranged date. But I stood my ground.

I mean it's my life. If she didn't like it, then I just move out of the house. So my mother chose me (I just love her wisdom). 

Sadly, it's not the same in his family, especially his mom, she react EXACTLY like JA's mom. My boyfriend had to move out of the house to make his point. We got married without any of his family attended the wedding. Nowadays, the family have reunited, and I mostly ignore his mother if she discussed unimportant stupid issues and make a scene in everything. I refuse to be on the same level. I mean I'm not depending on her. I make my own money and decision, I respect her because she was older than me, but my message clear, if you talk nonsense I would not answer you. It's kind a rude, but it's necessary. Especially to this type of person, to show your ground, to not get trampled.  

So yeah... JA's plot in ep 12 really gets to me. 

I'm sorry for the long comment, I hope everybody doesn't mind. 

K-DRAMA REACTION: PRETTY NOONA WHO BUYS ME FOOD | EPISODE 11

The monster mom is on a roll… ruining our mood with her mere presence! Even though she finally revealed her true self in front of Joon-hee, I would always prefer her doing that instead of acting all goody two shoes “trying to protect you as my own son” front act.

I can’t even put into words how disappointed I am with the mother’s reaction. I was so mad at her for slapping Joon-hee!!!! I expected her strong rejection of Joon-hee and Jin-a’s relationship but her effort to go all the way to Joon-hee’s apartment just to castigate him is just too immature. She even set Jin-a up for a blind date!

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/05/11/k-drama-reaction-pretty-noona-who-buys-me-food-episode-11/

Can Seung-ho (Wi Ha-joon) and Joon-hee get more adorable than this? 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Well, JHI was commenting about it, and the director seemed okay with full on kissing, so now I’m thinking that it’s possibly SYJ who is holding back from steamy kissing. I haven’t watched that many dramas of hers, though I think she’s done a lot of romances. Not sure if she’s shy or something. If so, too bad for us. The passion seems to have really cooled from the initial expectations. I think this latest rain date would have been a perfect time to show some passion, so now I’m assuming that we aren’t going to get any passionate scenes after all. The fumbly bed scene with its implied passion may be all that we get.

Also, as cute a couple as I thought they were, I’m cooling off on the JA character. For one, while both JH and JA may have told lies to try to prevent the other one from being hurt or whatever, for me there is an asymmetry to the lying with JA far outstripping JH in both deed and intent.  And, I’m getting tired of JA’s thoughtlessness and high-handedness.

Oh well. I just hope that it doesn’t continue to fizzle out.

SYJ didn't hold anything for her. She's a professional actress och also has much experience to could give her opinion for a shot. In my opinion, a steamy kiss like a French kiss is impossible in that scene (under rain at ep12), it doesn't have enough catalyst for a French kiss. I think a element which is necessary och important for a French kiss is passion but that scene doesn't have enough this element. Firstly, this is JH - I think until now he just show him like be a warm man who always protect his women but not a man in his passionate love. Second, that is a slow-motion scene and the music with soft rhythms (like previous eps) that isn't enough heat for a steamy kiss. Maybe it's coming after climax at ep13.

9 hours ago, mandy77777 said:

English Subtitle video for Street Date & JHI's Birthday Surprise BTS. 

I'm subbing the latest bts also. Thanks @stroppyse for translations. <3

I love the cute stare from JHI when SJY teased him.  He's so cute!! If only SYJ kissed his cheek in the end while posing together with the director. Would be nice!

Archived