[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

@sunshinefate  I feel you. I sometimes have these feelings too about this drama. Feels like there's something missing that they could have done it better, story wise. Only 4 episodes left, seems it isn't enough to boost the rating and come up with a better one since they have taped most of the scenes already. Been reading all the theories shared on how we think it will go on, it's frustrating because I love this drama. I want this to be my most favorite. 

I would also want to know what JH really saw on JA, why is he head over heels with JA. I was thinking the writers will give us a flashback or back story of their younger days or whatever where he started admiring JA.  Because right now, seems like JA doesn't deserve JH so I'm hoping that in those 4 episodes left, we will see a better JA. I hope the drama will not end with just the same JA. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rating is slightly dropped, but not bad at all. It's still high for cable drama. The story is not as sweet as the beginning because it's now dealing with relationship struggling.  In my opinion, the story should go this route because there are ups and downs in a relationship. But what I am hoping for is JH and JA work together to overcome these struggles. I don't agree they hide or lie in order to protect each other. They should share everything. There are 4 more eps to go. We'll see how the story goes. I cannot wait until Friday. But I really don't want this drama to end. 

Maybe a break up will be a good idea. Let JA get married to the man of her mom's choice, have babies and live like a bored & grumpy housewife at home. Or maybe her rich husband is a womanizer too. Then her mother will realize her choice & mindset were wrong. 

While JH becomes a very successful game designer in Korea (Or maybe in the world!), he's still single and in the end bumped into JA while she is outside shopping or after sending her kids to nursery. And in the final scene, he asked her to buy him a meal again and after that, they parted ways. Wonder what sort of rating if the ending is something like this, haha :tongue:

1 hour ago, bugcie said:

@sunshinefate  I feel you. I sometimes have these feelings too about this drama. Feels like there's something missing that they could have done it better, story wise. Only 4 episodes left, seems it isn't enough to boost the rating and come up with a better one since they have taped most of the scenes already. Been reading all the theories shared on how we think it will go on, it's frustrating because I love this drama. I want this to be my most favorite. 

I would also want to know what JH really saw on JA, why is he head over heels with JA. I was thinking the writers will give us a flashback or back story of their younger days or whatever where he started admiring JA.  Because right now, seems like JA doesn't deserve JH so I'm hoping that in those 4 episodes left, we will see a better JA. I hope the drama will not end with just the same JA. 

What I feel missing is honestly speaking is the development of the plot. I know that this drama has no too-much-conflict and it is something like an artistic movie, but thr writer could have come up with a better development or I think she/he should have taken it slow during the courting period. I don't have any complaints about the too much kissing scenes, I just think that maybe they want to realistically portray how an ordinary couple dates in the beginning phase of a relationship. Yeah I think it's the plot development when they go back and forth about the mother and Kyung Sun thing and now it's Joon Hee's father's turn. But maybe it is because I love this drama so much that I still love it though the plot development is honestly speaking is going really slow with Jin Ah becoming quite frustating. I already watched the subbed version of episode 11. I actually cried in the beginning part when her mother slapped and hit Joon Hee and how he pretended that nothing happened to Jin Ah. But when she decided to go to the blind date looking all that neat and pretty like that, others will think that she eagerly wants to go to the blind date. If she goes there halfheartedly, she should just wear something convincing that she goes there just because she wants her mother not to touch Joon Hee.

I can not describe Jin Ah's character vividly anymore unlike Joon Hee which is well written and we can clearly describe about what kind of person he is. But, Jin Ah, I know that she has been a really good daughter which always make me wonder why her mother treats her less caring than she does to Seung Ho when he cares less about her. What Jin Ah did to go to the blind date was not entirely wrong as long as she did tell Joon Hee about it first. Joon Hee might not be able to accept that at first but at least we know that he will give in if Jin Ah tells him the reason is to lessen the angsts between him and her mother. After watching the full episode of episode 11, I do not think that it is unbearable to watch. I still like it, it is just the development of the plot is kinda... I do not know how to say it. Something is missing like it could have been done better if it goes like this or like that. 

I keep thinking if the writer has been changed during these latest episodes. Lol. If she had made the couple to date that early, she/he should have had something under her/his sleeves but she/he still have not had the surprising thing or at least an ordinary conflict that can be handled to be not that ordinary.

52 minutes ago, jesskitkat said:

Maybe a break up will be a good idea. Let JA get married to the man of her mom's choice, have babies and live like a bored & grumpy housewife at home. Or maybe her rich husband is a womanizer too. Then her mother will realize her choice & mindset were wrong. 

While JH becomes a very successful game designer in Korea (Or maybe in the world!), he's still single and in the end bumped into JA while she is outside shopping or after sending her kids to nursery. And in the final scene, he asked her to buy him a meal again and after that, they parted ways. Wonder what sort of rating if the ending is something like this, haha :tongue:

Lol it may be labeled as the worst noona romance drama till date lol they may call it as "Pretty Ahjumma who buys me food"

14 minutes ago, jesskitkat said:

hey your ending theory is hard to digest hahaha. It hurts and I do not like it for my otp but it is possible too, knowing how some korean drama do it this way. It's a meaningful ending but heartbreaking haha.

9 minutes ago, bugcie said:

hey your ending theory is hard to digest hahaha. It hurts and I do not like it for my otp but it is possible too, knowing how some korean drama do it this way. It's a meaningful ending but heartbreaking haha.

I don't think Joon Hee will ever marry anyone again after being hurt like that lol. The scars will always be there when he has already given everything he could as a man deathly in love. He will not be able to love anyone greater than he loved Jin Ah. And Jin Ah, I believe if the ending is like that, she will never ever be happy like what she felt during dating Joon Hee. Kyung Sun also will not be that good again to Jin Ah and her family. Not to forget about Seung Ho, he and Jin Ah will not have a good relationship anymore and he might lose contact with Joon Hee for a very long time. Everyone will go on their own paths. And maybe at that time the mother will finally realize what she has done to her family lol 

3 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

I don't think Joon Hee will ever marry anyone again after being hurt like that lol. The scars will always be there when he has already given everything he could as a man deathly in love. He will not be able to love anyone greater than he loved Jin Ah. And Jin Ah, I believe if the ending is like that, she will never ever be happy like what she felt during dating Joon Hee. Kyung Sun also will not be that good again to Jin Ah and her family. Not to forget about Seung Ho, he and Jin Ah will not have a good relationship anymore and he might lose contact with Joon Hee for a very long time. Everyone will go on their own paths. And maybe at that time the mother will finally realize what she has done to her family lol 

stop! I cannot take it anymore. hahaha :D If this is going to be the ending which is quite possible, this drama will not be my most fave haha. Tho I really want to see JH with someone who deserves him, that is why I'm hoping for a different JA, a better one.

Please keep calm and support the drama, our couple, PD-nim, writer-nim, and everyone is working hard to make this beautiful drama.

We all learn that previews can be very misleading, since the dialog is cut and pasted here and there and so out of context. Like in the end of ep. 8 when JH's sister found out about their relationship, and we had to wait a whole week for ep 9. During that week, I remember many people discussed and disliked JH sister, saying that she would be mad and prohibited their relationship, and may more speculations. But then ep 9 came, and his sister even mad but she understood and supported them, proving that our speculations/analysis were all wrong. 

I know that our heart is ached for Joon Hee because he's such a loving and scaring boyfriend. I, myself, felt upset too when I watched the eps without sub. But then after watching them again with sub, understood the conversation, most of the time, it proved that I was too quick to make wrong conclusion.

I believe JA does love JH as much as he loves him. A few times when JH half joke half real telling her that he's not good enough for her. She stopped him right away, and told him how great he was. Only that she has less confidence sometimes. His love makes her become stronger; however, she cannot just change and become fearless like in a few months. It takes lots of time and courage. This is my speculation: JA chooses to break up with him maybe because of the conflicts at work getting uglier and maybe she feels she's not good enough for him. 

I still believe in our couple and their love for each other. Let's continue enjoy the drama when we can. Fighting!

By the way, they haven't showed us the beautiful sakura cherry blossom date yet, right?  

at episode 10 and v tempted to stop watching cos getting super fedup with the old hag of JA's mother. no one's really kicking up tt huge a fuss and she's just super annoying. arrrrgh am only torn by the fact tt JH is cute and remains as an eye candy lol

i came here cos i needed a place to scream my frustrations :tongue: and chat w likeminded kdrama addicts 

I am still at JinAh’s side. I love both JinAh and Jeon Hee. I am with you @USAFarmgirl , you are not alone and I like the way you try to see in at JA side. She was living her life cowardly and accepting whatever happens to her by looking at how she can have endured the sexual harassment in work for 10 years and how she filially agreed to whatever her mum asked her to do.

A lot of people ask why can’t she just move out from her house since she is 35 and old enough to live by her own. If she runs away from the monster mum and live happily with JH but the mum’s problem will still remain unsolved!

Why does she keep in touch with JH’s father? I think she can see that no matter how KS & JH hate their father, they still long for father’s love. We don’t know what’s the reason the father left the children and I hope there will a good reason… anyway I guess no matter how good and reasonable the reason is … it is not right to leave the children and wife just like that.

I know a strong woman character is always loved by all and hate JA because the character is a weak character because she chose to break up instead of holding tight on the man she loves.

I don’t doubt her love for JH. She wanted to make things right and trying her best not to hurt everyone. Maybe she saw KS and JH suffers because of her, she can’t be so greedy to hang on to JH that have a greater opportunity in China and chooses to let JH go.

I am okay with a short separation of JH and JA with JA bravely face the sexual harassment issue alone. Sometimes, it is good to have a break in order the see how important and significant that person to you. Only when you lose it, you will learn to appreciate more.:)

Actually, I hate it when KS and JA in bad terms. I really want to see them support each other regardless all the hates they got from the monster mum! I want them in the same ship to fight this battle. :heart:

Personally, I pity JA. No one she can really rely on. JH loves dearly her but she can’t honestly tell her all her problems. Her brother and father are at her side but can’t do much to stop the monster mum. While JH has a strong sister that will beat all the bad guys just for her brother.

Finally, I would love to see the monster mum realized how her actions hurt so many people. I want KS to believe in love.

That’s just my thought. You may be disagreeing with me but it’s okay. ;-) I still love this drama even though it is heartbreaking.

Keep our finger cross probably the breakup scene may be able to bring up the rating… that’s my wish~ ^_^

Just watched ep12 without sub, although I can't make out majority what they said, my conclusion at the moment (until I watch again with sub & fully understood the episode):

- super love it when JH got mad at the end scene. He looks so manly, haha :tongue:

I think he hates his dad cos he believe his mom suffered & died because of the dad. 

- bravo to SH for finally scolding the mother. 2 thumbs up!!

- I want to slap the JA for being weak & just give in to what her mother wanted her to do. Yeah I know she's just trying to be a filial daughter, don't want to aggravate the situation, etc..

And she's trying to make JH & the dad's relationship better again & take the matter in her own hands? She should not lie to JH. She should respect him, listen to what he said about his dad and understand the whole situation. I think JH really felt betrayed cos he can't believe that someone he loves so much would do this to him. Who else can he trust in this world besides KS?

- I want to slap the mother. Actually I wanted to slap her for a long time and not just starting from this episode. Especially hate it everytime  she over reacts and breathe heavily like lack of oxygen or something. And it seems like only SH can make her shut up and listen. She even pushed the father away when he tried to stop her from going out. Gosh I hate this type of mother. 

- still don't get it that JH father purposely flew back to Korea after just a phone call from KS. Not realistic at all. Especially for a womanizer father who married 3 times, irresponsible and cut ties with them more than 10 years. I mean, really? He can just dump everything in Canada (his young kids and new wife) & fly back to Korea just to see KS & JH? It's Canada and not just any other Asian countries. Unless he suddenly found his conscience again. 

Yeah, the doctor was right. Poor JH always running around, feel so tired and stressed out because of JA and her doings. Just go to China ok? You'll do great there!

19 minutes ago, lsemun99 said:

Keep our finger cross probably the breakup scene may be able to bring up the rating… that’s my wish~ ^_^

I just hope it will not make the ratings decrease again lol. I kinda hate it reading hateful comments on other websites about my favorite drama. Maybe it is because in real life I am also an easily jealous type person when a girl tries to hit on my boyfriend lol 

1 hour ago, ThuyVan10 said:

Please keep calm and support the drama, our couple, PD-nim, writer-nim, and everyone is working hard to make this beautiful drama.

Yeah I keep on supporting this drama like posting a supportive comment when I find hateful comments and I also give supportive words to Son Ye Jin and Jung Hae In on their respective IG. I also like videos uploaded by JTBC Drama channel and IG. I am just afraid the ratings will drop again and the hateful comments will dominate again and make the casts and crews sad. At least I want the ratings to be higher if not 10% then it is okay as long as it is not dropping anymore even for a slight drop. I want their efforts to produce a beautiful drama paid off by a successful result they expect.

8 minutes ago, jesskitkat said:

still don't get it that JH father purposely flew back to Korea after just a phone call from KS. Not realistic at all.

Lol everything is possible in kdramas:lol:

Guys there are still 4 episodes left! Chances are if they do break up it will probably only last (at most) a couple of episodes and then they will be back together again. Also, the preview for the next episode could be misleading. They might be trying to make us think they're going to break up but in fact they're not- it was pretty vague. Personally, I don't think they will break them up that easily- at least permanently. One thing I don't like is JA going behind his back for the blind date and contacting the father. Relationships are about trust! She keeps on doing things without consulting him "because she thinks it's the right thing" when really she's only hurting people (JH- KH) more by doing that. She is human I suppose- and I guess she will learn. She hasn't always been as strong as she is now and I believe she still has a ways to go yet. 

6 minutes ago, frerr2 said:

Guys there are still 4 episodes left! Chances are if they do break up it will probably only last (at most) a couple of episodes and then they will be back together again. Also, the preview for the next episode could be misleading. They might be trying to make us think they're going to break up but in fact they're not- it was pretty vague. Personally, I don't think they will break them up that easily- at least permanently. One thing I don't like is JA going behind his back for the blind date and contacting the father. Relationships are about trust! She keeps on doing things without consulting him "because she thinks it's the right thing" when really she's only hurting people (JH- KH) more by doing that. She is human I suppose- and I guess she will learn. She hasn't always been as strong as she is now and I believe she still has a ways to go yet. 

Exactly my thought!!:D

Sigh... watching this episode, all I could think of was that the ost should be changed to “Stand by your Woman”... 

I can understand why JA made those decisions (fighting battles with mum, at home and in the office not overtly, either run away, pretend it didn’t happened or lying to one to keep the person from hurting). With an overpowering bully of a mum, she learnt at a young age to obey or at least obey at the surface. It was only after meeting JH that she got the courage to face up to obstacles and adversities. Albeit, she didn’t always choose the right thing to do. To love such a woman, JH has to be patient and let her learn thru her mistakes. She will gain the sense of agency that had been diminished.

Finally, SH knocked some reality into the mum. It was so exhilarating to have him told his mother that by forcing children to do things against their wishes is a form of violence. I was clapping and shouting “preach it brother!”

It is interesting to see JH’s anger again and this time directing at his Father. That will be an interesting backstory. KS will be embroiled as she faces the same anger and disappointment. Perhaps, JA will have to endure some of their misdirected resentment. Well, JH has been standing by her all these while. It will be good for her to stand by her man this time round.

3 hours ago, mandy77777 said:

I read that they already filmed last scene couple days ago in front of book store(?).  So I guess the filming finally wrapped up? Wonder if they gonna have wrap up party or not.  

Wow a bookstore. I just hope they don't make them meet at a bookstore after 3 years and then they only smile to each other and ends. No no no, I still have faith in PD Ahn, the writer, and our leads who always comes up with adlibs. They will have a happy ending where he proposes to her in front of a bookstore maybe?:tongue:

I think every dramas has their own wrap up party to celebrate the hardwork and usually they watch the ending together.

6 hours ago, bugcie said:

Count me in..... I was excited by this drama I even do extra mile previous weeks ago by helping translating this one to english when netflix haven't published it. 

but then the story become .... like something is missing...yes..something went overboard... I really don't mind with the kisses, with the romance...they are cute for me...but the story become slightly boring to me....

the short minded mother....who thinks jek Gyoo Min is better than Joon Hee, because Joon Hee grow up without a family that have extravagant background as she expected. she should look at herself in the mirror... Is Seoung Ho, her son, has the best quality that other moms in korea will line up to have him as their son in law? I don't know but I never like that mom since the beginning.

I really hope the best for this drama, as its nearly to its end too. but I cannot help myself too that i also feel disappointed over news that is grow about Hae In controversy.... he really need to reflect .... or this one will be the last one that take him as male lead. 

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The only thing I was happy about in the episode was SH speaking out against his parents, but also warning JA not to take JH too lightly or she would lose him. Not that JA is going to listen, of course, because she can be so foolish that she can't seem to distinguish between people who want to use her and thus who she feels the need to do everything she can to please them, and people who really have her back and thus she can treat callously under the assumption that they will always be there for her and will try to make her happy.

Me too!  And when he spoke out, the mum went quiet!  At least someone is able to make her quiet.  Though I can see her reasoning (not that I agree) of wanting her kids to marry well, she does have to reflect to see if her own family background can match up to the wealthy ones.  

Show is starting to be alittle too draggy.  Wonder how the #metoo movement will play out in the show as it doesn't seem to be going well despite JA writing a confession to her boss and CEO.

I just came back from watching the raw and came here to read and boy, I was blown away by everyone’s strong sentiments. :blink:

This is now the storm brewing and it’s typical in all romantic kdramas to have this frustrating period when the couple is at odds with each other. I’ll just calmly sit through this for now until I watch it with subs. Maybe that will be the time when I will properly explode, I think. LOL :D

Anyway, what impresses me is that this drama not only shows how a man and woman relationship grows but also how their characters mature. That’s like a trial and error thing. Mistakes are bound to happen but how the aftermath is dealt with will show the strength of their character and the depth of their love. I am confident that JH and JA will make it through together.

Since I was watching raw, it was easy to disregard the scenes, that are not worth translating (negative vibes) and to just focus on our cp’s lovey-dovey scenes.

My initial funny reaction was at the beginning of ep 10 when JA’s mom planned on catching our cp in bed. (As if that could be done without JH’s passcode to his house. hehehe...)  When mom was ringing the door and JH came out, all I could think was ... Oh, that was fast! LOL :tongue:

Although I find the playing in the rain cute and romantic, the logical side of me thinks that it was quite risky in a cold night. They could get sick! And did I see it wrong? They came home dry. Hahaha!!! Only in dramaland. :D

Archived