[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, annypooh said:

Could someone please create a couple thread for our OTP? How could we not have a thread for these two lovebirds?

lol...:D i was actually thinking the same thing...why they didn't have any other fansite other than our thread here in soompi...haha

but i guess a lot of people want to ship them here at this moment...i know bcoz i'm kind of like that as well...haha..i want to ship them here at this moment like we are totally into this drama n imaginary living in joon hee and jin ah's world...:D ...i would say i like to imagine i'm another friend of jinah that lives the same floor as KS and JH in their apartment block? haha ....silly ahjumma...lol

3 hours ago, carolinedl said:

A lot of Koreans shows are not up on Netflix US when being aired in Korea. So, for instance, when Prison Playbook was aired in Korea, it was subbed by Netflix and available in the UK, Germany, etc. but not in the US. It came out on Netflix US once it was all done, all the episodes at once.

Ah speaking of which, JHI hang out with the actors of Prison Playbook at the B Awards :D Made my day!

Thank you. I will wait until it’s done airing and shows up on US Netflix. Is the title on Netflix ‘Something in the Rain’?

2 hours ago, azwhoony said:

lol...:D i was actually thinking the same thing...why they didn't have any other fansite other than our thread here in soompi...haha

but i guess a lot of people want to ship them here at this moment...i know bcoz i'm kind of like that as well...haha..i want to ship them here at this moment like we are totally into this drama n imaginary living in joon hee and jin ah's world...:D ...i would say i like to imagine i'm another friend of jinah that lives the same floor as KS and JH in their apartment block? haha ....silly ahjumma...lol

Lol. Great minds think alike. Hehehe. I don’t know why but watching them would remind me of SongSong couple. I was obsessed with that couple and stood by them when my sister told me they weren’t dating. Now I’m beginning to obsess with this couple. I also just wanted to say-Damn JH and his baby face. I don’t think this guy ever aged because of his baby face. I think his face is the size of my palm. He looks like he’s in his early 20 instead 30. And syj hardly aged from the “A moment to remember” day. 

I have to confess that I only watch their scenes and I could careless about the rest. Why? I have JA’s mother to thank for that. She annoys the life out of me. Every time she’s on screen, I’ll fast forward and say “BYE FELICIA!”  

They look so goooood together!

Those beautiful smile made my heart smile too! :blush:

10 minutes ago, ciz18 said:

I dont think  jin ah's witch mom cares that Joon hee would make a perfect son-in-law because of his unconditional love for Jin ah. Pretty sure she would accept the grinch as a son-in-law as long as he has lots of money.

Love conquers all... Love is protecting the one you you love.

1525401993.gif

I'm pretty sure Jin Ah's mom will realize that Joon Hee is the perfect one for her daughter! 

8 hours ago, carolinedl said:

A lot of Koreans shows are not up on Netflix US when being aired in Korea. So, for instance, when Prison Playbook was aired in Korea, it was subbed by Netflix and available in the UK, Germany, etc. but not in the US. It came out on Netflix US once it was all done, all the episodes at once.

Ah speaking of which, JHI hang out with the actors of Prison Playbook at the B Awards :D Made my day!

Neither in France !

We can watch only when the derie is completed like Prison Playbook ; Bad guys 2 ............

New still cuts. 

Source: http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/232999

c63afa67-50a7-4be3-b170-fbe2106d5d5e.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jung Hae In And Son Ye Jin Spotted Holding Hands On The Red Carpet

Jung-Hae-In-Son-Ye-Jin-XPN-2.jpg

Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin kept the romantic chemistry going on the red carpet at the 54th Baeksang Arts Awards!

On May 3, the “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” co-stars drew attention for their adorable real-life chemistry as they posed for photos before the award ceremony. The two actors walked the red carpet hand-in-hand, looking every bit a convincing couple as they linked arms and laughed brightly together in front of the cameras.

Fans especially couldn’t help swooning over Jung Hae In’s affectionate gaze as he smiled at Son Ye Jin on the red carpet.

Jung Hae In went on to win the Popularity Award later that evening. In his acceptance speech, the actor humbly remarked, “I will do my utmost to make sure that I continue to work even harder as an actor, pouring all of my sincerity into every moment. I will become a person who knows how to be grateful.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/03/jung-hae-son-ye-jin-spotted-holding-hands-red-carpet/

10 hours ago, triplem said:

I’m not sure about other regions , but it is available on Netflix Asia 

Really? Its not yet  available in Japan. Or maybe I’m mistaken, maybe the title is different. 

3 minutes ago, iamsherry said:

Really? Its not yet  available in Japan. Or maybe I’m mistaken, maybe the title is different. 

I’m from south east Asia . I understand it’s also available in Australia. Maybe they segregate the markets 

The movie "Be With You' by Son Ye Jin was nominated for best Actress right?

Is it suppose to be weird that SYJ and JHI attended the award holding hands together? They seemed to represent the Pretty Noona drama instead of themselves individually. 

30 minutes ago, monki said:

The movie "Be With You' by Son Ye Jin was nominated for best Actress right?

Is it suppose to be weird that SYJ and JHI attended the award holding hands together? They seemed to represent the Pretty Noona drama instead of themselves individually. 

@monki when your drama is more famous than your movie??? :D but if I'm not wrong, Be with You almost reach 3M viewers ..

Apologies beforehand if all of this has already been thrashed out but I'm just a tad behind. :tongue:

I'm so far behind everyone and struggling to catch due to RL commitments but I had an "Aha" moment when we caught a glimpse of the OTP watching Singin' in the Rain over red wine, a show that I was reminded of and named... not sure if anybody remembers or cares... when the previews first came out. What both stories have in common,  is a couple that feels compelled to keep their relationship a secret from the rest of the world. In both instances, there's an obsessive, delusional stalkery third party that functions as a dark, pesky cloud hovering in the horizon. I love Singin' in the Rain... it's one of my favourite films of all time and one of the best Hollywood musicals ever made. Aside from being a hilarious parody of Hollywood, it explodes with tons of incredible energy.

TBH, I'm rather schizophrenic about Something in the Rain. (There are times I feel that it could really do with a musical number here and there) While I enjoy the cute and the fluff, I have a difficult time being sympathetic with the OTP's plight. I don't know if they've come to the point where they've become more forthcoming about their relationship. As far as I can tell, they're still keeping their relationship very much a secret. I suspect that part of the reason is that I'm struggling to buy into the so-called prejudices that their families might have against a relationship like theirs. There's baggage obviously... but I'm not sure really how unsurmountable it is. It's like we're watching a reverse sageuk scenario where the expectation is usually to keep things within the family. Truth be told I'm having a tough time believing that the secrecy is necessary in the way the secrecy might have been in Singin' in the Rain. One day I would love to watch a K drama that has a local falling in love with a non-Korean as the focal point. Even though that's not that radical these days, it'll be at least a bit more hardcore than what's going on between JH and JA. :wink:

The other thing that bothers me about the secrecy is that it leaves both of them vulnerable to being prey to third party interests. As long as it remains a secret... they are perceived as being available and fair game. They need to plant their flag and make their respective claims otherwise the people around them will keep intruding into their space from generally good intentions.

This is the thing perhaps that needs to be thought through. Sure the couple in question wants to be free to choose who they love but that freedom does come with consequences and I would add, responsibilities. They've both given way to their feelings and desires but they're not willing to take responsibility for taking those definitive steps. It's heartening to see that the show doesn't let them off lightly for sneaking around. On top of that... it is my opinion that the secrecy which defines their relationship doesn't bode well for when the relationship needs to evolve to something longer lasting. I don't doubt there's a certain thrill and amusement in keeping things under the radar but is that really a great foundation for something of substance? Dare I say it, there seems to be an element of the forbidden fruit in some of this. And once this "forbidden fruit" no longer becomes "forbidden", how would they be able to maintain the relationship? Unless of course, that's not the end game. :o :lol:

So what's going to happen once everything comes to light? Will they be able to hold things together once families come into the picture and put the expected emotional pressure on them? Whatever they have to face has to be faced eventually. But it's clear that 

On the positive side, romance is helping JA delineate her boundaries more clearly.

Spoiler

Sad because Hae In is in the center of a controversy right now because of the group photo taken last night with all the winners. Some are questioning him, why was he in the middle instead of the seniors with major award. :( 

10 hours ago, Oww TooCute said:

Why lately I'm more exciting to watch the BTS than the drama itself hahahaha.. coz they are so funny n cute :D:D

Maybe because of the witch mother too hahaha. 

Archived