[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

50 minutes ago, 999hearts said:

Netflix airs episode 5 & 6 this week so the subs will probably be available some time this weekend. I considered watching Pretty Noona according to Netflix's release date (a week after it airs in Korea) but I can't!!! Last weekend I even went back home early on the day of my 6th anniversary with my bf just so I could live stream Pretty Noona :tongue:

---

I read somewhere that according to Netflix, Pretty Noona will only have 12 episodes. Is this true and can anyone confirm it??? I mean, I don't mind if the story ties in nicely. I just need to know :D

Indonesian viewers: Indonesian sub for ep 5 is already available somewhere out there!!!

Really? I don't mind if it's true but we need confirmation... i really hope it'll be 12 episodes cause the break up is surely near...:ph34r:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, azwhoony said:

i was like...y there's no front angle showing their faces...i want to see their smiley eyes when both of them laughing in the room.. to be able to laugh like this u need to be extremely happy while frowning...it's not easy guys...try it out in front of the mirror!! hahaha...adorable!!

:grimace:woah... this scene is very funny to me

3KqPB9D.jpg

She is like throwing him on the floor.. real hard...*ouch*

:grimace:

4 hours ago, 999hearts said:

I read somewhere that according to Netflix, Pretty Noona will only have 12 episodes. Is this true and can anyone confirm it??? I mean, I don't mind if the story ties in nicely. I just need to know :D

Indonesian viewers: Indonesian sub for ep 5 is already available somewhere out there!!!

Yes, Netflix shows the schedule only until Ep 12, and available on May 11. We‘ll see how it will be :D 

I‘m thinking to wait for Netflix version of the sub, but if I cannot wait I‘ll search the Indonesian sub :wink:  

2 hours ago, supergal99 said:

:grimace:woah... this scene is very funny to me

She is like throwing him on the floor.. real hard...*ouch*

:grimace:

This is my fave scene :D hahaha... it makes the drama becomes romcom genre, instead of melodrama, because of this scene :wink: Well, the next episodes will be back to melodrama I guess....

I cannot wait until this drama airs on Netflix, which I understand will be at the end of May for those of us who live in the USA or Canada.  

This is the kind of drama I need to watch after Black Knight and Misty.  Their chemistry is amazing, I don't need subs to see how well they act together.  I am trying to find another drama to fill the void until the end of May.  

Until then, I will read your posts.

6 hours ago, paradicez said:

The rain scenes reminds me of Son Ye Jin in The Classic..so here you go haha

Actually ... I think there might be some DELIBERATE meta-referencing. :)

Yes above from The Classic (which she is very known for, plus a poster image familiar to many) ...

And my favorite scene - the Ep 4 Hand Holding one is a throwback to another beautiful movie (A Moment To Remember - with Jung Woosung).

It was a sexy drinking scene, where hand holding happened ... and after they started dating too!

Yes, there's some meta here.

- Hand-holding while drinking from A Moment to Remember

- Rain scenes from The Classic

- "While you were sleeping?" line from, surprise, While You Were Sleeping

We're releasing Ep 5/6 subs soon.

1 hour ago, jeijei said:

Yes, there's some meta here.

- Hand-holding while drinking from A Moment to Remember

- Rain scenes from The Classic

- "While you were sleeping?" line from, surprise, While You Were Sleeping

We're releasing Ep 5/6 subs soon.

i'm still unable to view it even with the instructions you provided on site...

Mod edit: Please see your message inbox. Thanks - jeijei

I don’t think it’s only up to ep 12. I mean JTBC officially said it’s a 16 eps drama and stated when it’ll end. I think Netflix just put up posters for 12 eps for now but as they go they’ll add more eps.

On the way to work, in a car while stuck in traffic jam.

Me :: Aaaa... I wanna sub.. where's the sub? Where~~

Hubby :: You don't need sub.

Me :: It makes more sense with sub. 

Me :: You're not listening to me. It's frustrating when you don't understand what turtle-egg they're talking about. I mean, yeah those angels at soompi did the bit and pieces..oh bless their kind hearts! But I waaannttttttt complete subbbbbbb. 

Me :: Yaaaa!!

Hubby ::  *turn his head 180 degree to me with semi-death glare* And you're watching ep6 for how many times already?

Me :: 12. Oh! Yeah. I don't need sub. Heeee...Mian... :tongue:

Shout-out to those darlings who did the subs for clips. I love you more than I love my hubby's nerdy-driving style. And also those who are working the subs in the absence of regular subbing site, thank you for your time, you have my heart :wub:

Guest 999hearts

Ep. 7 Text Preview

준희(정해인)의 포옹으로 둘의 관계를 알게 된 승호(위하준). 냉랭한 승호에게 준희는 자신의 진심을 털어놓는다. 한편, 규민(오륭)도 상기(오만석)를 만나 둘의 사이를 폭로하는데.. 진아(손예진)의 회사에서는 여직원들을 상대로 사내 성추행에 관한 설문지가 돌기 시작하고, 이에 공차장(이화룡)과 남이사(박혁권)는 위기감을 느끼게 된다. 규민과의 난투극으로 깨져버린 진아의 휴대폰, 진아는 명의 문제로 할 수 없이 규민을 다시 만나야만 하는데…

As per usual, unreliable translation below :D @stroppyse will definitely give more accurate translation. But in the mean time...

Seeing Junhee's hug towards Jinah, Seungho becomes aware of Junhee and Jinah's relationship. Junhee finally confesses his true feelings to the cold-hearted Seungho. On the other hand, Gyumin meets Jinah's father and reveals the relationship between the two of them (I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S JA & JH OR JA & GM). At Jinah's company, a questionnaire about in-house sexual harassment towards female employees begins circulating, thus making Gong Cheolgu and Director Nam feel threatened. Meanwhile, Jinah has to meet Gyumin again to retrieve her cell phone that was destroyed during their previous argument...

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Actually, the translation is pretty good. Just some minor differences.

Seeing Joon Hee's embrace, Seung Ho becomes aware of the relationship between the two people. To Seung Ho who is not understanding, Joon Hee ends up opening up completely about his sincerity to Jin Ah.  Meanwhile, Gyu Mean meets Sang Gi and exposes the two people's (they mean JA and JH) relationship... At Jin Ah's company, they start giving a questionnaire about sexual harassment to the female employees, and Deputy Head Gong and Director Lee start feeling uneasy about it. Jin Ah's cellphone which was broken in the violent struggle with Gyu Min, JIn Ah in order to retrieve it has no choice but to meet with Gyu Min again...

So, GM had tried to tell JA's parents before that JA and JH were an item, but JA had put her parents off by saying that JH was just helping her. So, now I wonder if GM has some evidence of JA and JH's relationship in order to convince JA's father that JA and JH are a couple. I would hope that JA's father is still supportive of his daughter, and perhaps give her a chance to explain what happened rather than believing GM who is going to keep insisting that JA had cheated on him as well.

In both the video and text previews, SH is definitely going to be a hard nut to crack, not wanting to accept that his sister is dating his friend.

But the real person whom I think JA is most worried about is her best friend, KS. JA knows that her parents will be disapproving, but she may be fine discounting them, or at least discounting her mother's reactions. However, JA and KS have been closer than sisters, sharing a large part of their lives together. I think once KS gets over her shock, she'll welcome JA into the family, and possibly even love the fact that JA will now be "lower" than her as her little brother's wife.  But, of course, KS is going to feel very apologetic toward JA's mother who KS knows was hoping for a suitor with better qualifications and family for JA.

It's too early to tell if this drama is going to have a happy ending, sad ending, or an open ending, though I'm obviously hoping for the best. But, after being spoiled with episode after episode of kisses and falling in love, it seems that we should all brace ourselves for the angst to come. Fingers crossed.

No I don't want sad or open ending.  It's too torturing to wait for the episodes every Friday & Saturday and in the end, it's a sad ending/open ending. All of us want happy ending for both of them. I hope the production team won't come up with something weird or unacceptable just to boost the drama rating! 

Sigh, what's so difficult to have a happy ending? They don't have to get married & have kids. As long as they are together!

2 minutes ago, jesskitkat said:

No I don't want sad or open ending.  It's too torturing to wait for the episodes every Friday & Saturday and in the end, it's a sad ending/open ending. All of us want happy ending for both of them. I hope the production team won't come up with something weird or unacceptable just to boost the drama rating! 

Sigh, what's so difficult to have a happy ending? They don't have to get married & have kids. As long as they are together!

It is even  better to have a sad ending than an open ending lol. I really really can not stand an open ending when you expect them to be happy but they are not happy and when you expect them to be sad but we do not know whether they are sad or not. Finger crossed to happy ending. But looking at their romantic poster and theme, a big possibility that  they will have a happy ending.:wub:

Archived