[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

I've read on NB one celeb scoop journalist said there's one huge dating scandal that's gonna blow up soon and one comment said it's Son Yejin & Jung Haein. Other's said Son Yejin & So Jisub. Either way I'll be happy for Yejin coz it's time for her to get married really:)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, donits said:

I've read on NB one celeb scoop journalist said there's one huge dating scandal that's gonna blow up soon and one comment said it's Son Yejin & Jung Haein. Other's said Son Yejin & So Jisub. Either way I'll be happy for Yejin coz it's time for her to get married really:)

My poor fan heart wants her with our boy from our beloved drama Pretty Noona, but if it's her with So Ji Sub, then it is also okay. Lol wondering is it possible that the one who commented that it would be SYJ and JHI was Pretty Noona fans who had the thirst for them to be dating in real? Lol

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

First time posting

-shy waves to all the chingu here- :wub:

Hello:lol:

1 hour ago, running4jey said:

Glad to know there's a forum about this drama here!!

This drama reeeeeally gives me that fluttery feeling. Super :heart: the chemistry between JH and JA here :D:D Waiting for the new eps with engsub is such a struggle...

But atleast now I have something I will be looking forward to every week.

Hello. Glad to hear that you also enjoy this gem

11 hours ago, azwhoony said:

lol....for a single out there... be brave enough to seek yr own happiness...be attentive enough at people around you regardless of age...your baby neighbor covered with snot or dirt might be your partner in 20 years..who knows...ahahaha...da~~~ 

Welcome!

:lol::lol::lol: Hhahahah! That was hilarious!

@ donits:

I am hardly ever, or seldom a shipper of screen couples ... bec REAL and REEL life is quite diff.

Just like their personalities may be quite diff from their scripted screen characters too.

This just made it in btw: “Waikiki” Co-Stars Lee Yi Kyung And Jung In Sun Confirmed To Be Dating

But still ... it would be kinda neat to see SYJ and JHI!

Enigmatic Soh Ji-sub is someone I totally enjoy watching too ( was even  pulled in as a member of the JSA - now disbanded forum!) ... but he does have a young gf no? A girl-band singer or something.

Hi everyone. I am a new member of soompi forum and "Something in the rain" brings me here. Just wanna say hello to all of you cause i am crazy for this drama. Your news and comments save me or i am gonna die of waiting for the next episodes to be aired.

22 minutes ago, jus-ash said:

Welcome!

:lol::lol::lol: Hhahahah! That was hilarious!

@ donits:

I am hardly ever, or seldom a shipper of screen couples ... bec REAL and REEL life is quite diff.

Just like their personalities may be quite diff from their scripted screen characters too.

This just made it in btw: “Waikiki” Co-Stars Lee Yi Kyung And Jung In Sun Confirmed To Be Dating

But still ... it would be kinda neat to see SYJ and JHI!

Enigmatic Soh Ji-sub is someone I totally enjoy watching too ( was even  pulled in as a member of the JSA - now disbanded forum!) ... but he does have a young gf no? A girl-band singer or something.

Wow, when that journalist said soon, I didnt expect this soon as in the next day:lol:. Honestly, I dont think this is the one couple that she was talking about. In my opinion, I cant call this a huge dating scandal because those two arè not huge stars. But I am not really expecting it to be SYJ-JHI or SYJ-SJS although I'm wishing hard it would be any of them:wub:

1 minute ago, donits said:

Wow, when that journalist said soon, I didnt expect this soon as in the next day:lol:. Honestly, I dont think this is the one couple that she was talking about. In my opinion, I cant call this a huge dating scandal because those two arè not huge stars. But I am not really expecting it to be SYJ-JHI or SYJ-SJS although I'm wishing hard it would be any of them:wub:

I also believe that the couple that the journalist mentioned was not them because one of the biggest dating confirmation was Song-Song Couple wasn't it? It is why IMO, there is another big star couple is on her list

2 hours ago, donits said:

Well, it seems like that journalist was talking about Waikiki co-stars. I really wish these two would become a real life couple, but I highly doubt it will ever happen unless they do their best to keep it a secret until he secures his position in the k-entertainment world. Or else, Korean netzs (delusional girls) are scary. They will treat them like royalties one day and the next day they will drag them down like a trash as soon as they hear about a dating news they don't approve of. Actually, we don't even know if either of them in a serious relationship with someone else currently since they try to hide it from the public.

1 hour ago, ilu2 said:

Well, it seems like that journalist was talking about Waikiki co-stars. I really wish these two would become a real life couple, but I highly doubt it will ever happen unless they do their best to keep it a secret until he secures his position in the k-entertainment world. Or else, Korean netzs (delusional girls) are scary. They will treat them like royalties one day and the next day they will drag them down like a trash as soon as they hear about a dating news they don't approve of. Actually, we don't even know if either of them in a serious relationship with someone else currently since they try to hide it from the public.

This is what richard simmons me off with the knetz and kfans in general. Why would they get angry if they find out that their idol is dating. Even if their culture is too conservative, they must realize that their idols are human too. In our country, actors & actresses are free to show the world who they are currently dating. Some would bash, but more were supportive.

chinggu yahh... y friday seems so far away... :D

below are few of my fav moments that i wish the camera can show us 360deg visual of them...ottoke~~~... they should make us wear VR helmet for this!! ahaha...

Rr31rjE.jpg

When JH smile when he found out JA was actually treasures his umbrella...he even tried not to laugh at that  moment..but the camera didnt capture it bcoz of JA's body blocking it...oh man~~~i feel like my neck automatically tilted a bit to see his precious expression.. lol.. haiyaaa~~~

YQGZnfM.jpg

this "all over the moon" smile while holding JA's hand...so precious! if i was in their shoes...i will smack my head on that table and laugh it out instead...kyaaa~!!!

HugqP4A.jpg

i was like...y there's no front angle showing their faces...i want to see their smiley eyes when both of them laughing in the room.. to be able to laugh like this u need to be extremely happy while frowning...it's not easy guys...try it out in front of the mirror!! hahaha...adorable!!

Spoiler

40cHjAo.jpg

and this epic snow scene...no wonder it came out so nice..it was bloopersss!! hahaha...

i just love u guys...whether on screen or off screen...reel or real..i don't care..i just love all these moments...ye jin n hae in did very well...director must be feeling good now..hopefully in upcoming episode they can top all these..

21 hours ago, lc85 said:

@40somethingahjumma I think we’re watching the same show - yes! You have summed up JA - rather the 2 JA’s - in your recent post very well and I agree. I am hopeful that we get to see the real JA as the story unfolds and am confident the writing/ directing team will not let us down. 

But then I hear the words to Tammy Wynette’s song “Stand By Your Man” and I realize that it’s been JH “standing by” his woman in the first few episodes. And I’m getting a little worried - is she going to waver later? 

I guess we are. :wink:

When the pressure is brought to bear on her, I think she will waver. :D She may even cave for a time. But she's learning and taking baby steps towards standing her ground. I suppose it doesn't help that everyone around them is utterly incredulous that they could be an item. A case of familiarity breeds contempt I imagine.

Is GM really some kind of hotshot lawyer from a prestigious family? It beggars belief. It must be the biggest gag in the show. His behaviour is beyond pathetic particularly when he was the one who dumped her in the first place. Now he wants her back? He won't give up on her? As I surmised he was just wanting some excitement in his private life. Now that she's (in his eyes) playing hard to get and there's some competition, it's got his testosterone levels spiking and his blood pumping through his veins. I very much doubt if he cares about these women, he's only looking for a kick. I doubt he even cares how she feels or what she wants.

I'm constantly amused and a little annoyed that the family can't even entertain the possibility of JA and JH. Hehe. JA's mum really cracks me up with her limited categories of "who's fault it is". I had to chuckle, partly out of frustration, after she started blaming her own husband for JA's unmarried status.

While JH might be four years younger than JA, in some ways he's more mature... wiser... than she is. Or at the very least he's far more perceptive than she gives him credit for. I like that. I like that he knows what he wants, he's a lot clearer about where the lines are that shouldn't be crossed. He's sensible and yet he knows how to have fun. What a delightful character.

I'd like to chime in on the question why JH might be in love with JA. I think there are concrete reasons and we've been shown what they are or at least the main reason why. For some men, a woman who is completely herself... comfortable with her own skin... without any pretence... doesn't put on an act for his benefit... can be quite attractive. With all her faults, JA is the real deal.  Because of that familiarity, she's free to let down her hair and relax around him. Familiarity can breed contempt but not always. More often than not that familiarity for some is comforting. It's safe and secure. It's why I imagine, some keep going to the same restaurant week in week out, month after month, year after year. And they never get tired of it.

I watched that clip of them tumbling down the hillside (and practically every other kissing clip), and like I said elsewhere, I wish I had their problems..... sore chapped lips from so much kissing:wub::blush:. Need some of that in my OH SO SINGLE life right now! 

We resolve such lip problems with milking salve(I kid you not)

That's the head of Twitter Africa or something btw.... I have the two hundred gram bottle thingi that I haven't used...... where's my dongsaeng?!?!?!?!!!?!!!

The couple will be the death of me one day!...Their sweetness, the smile, the kisses...damn..my heart is pounding the whole time..and this is only Episode 6!!

I agree with some of you though..I am more worried about JA at this point. Though she seemed to love being in this relationship and all but it seems that she would, somehow, waver one day. She is, in fact, portrayed as a pushover. Although that trait of hers seemed to decline in recent episodes (where she declined her boss's request, twice) but I'm not so sure if she can do that with family members yet..This reminded so much of the character Yoo Jin in Winter Sonata. She knew she is in love but she seemed to worry about others more..

One thing for sure, the one who is in love most here is JH. Really..he is the epitome of a perfect BF (side note: where can I find a JH..jebal...hehehe). I like the fact that the PD balanced his character between being very boyishly sweet and all smiley to manly and protective. When he was smashing the gadgets, can see his anger is not of a jealous bf but more of a protective one. And at the police station..his reaction was epic..This boy is really IN LOVE..if not real, on reel, it is so obvious..

And to think, I can feel this deep even without subbed! Kudos to the PD..love is beyond age and language...

35 minutes ago, Oww TooCute said:

I just read some comments somewhere.. is it true that there is rumour about SYJ is a lesb**n?? How surprising :o

It was a rumour a long time ago where they said she and Han ye seul were going after SNSD Yuri. And then her general lack of dating rumours and with her saying she wants to play a lesbian character because she has “homosexual disposition” :D

Guest 999hearts
47 minutes ago, hppatronus said:

Hey Chingus... Does anyone know a site which eng subs this drama faster? I still can't find epi 5 & 6 subbed :( (Although I already watched it without subs :tongue:)

Netflix airs episode 5 & 6 this week so the subs will probably be available some time this weekend. I considered watching Pretty Noona according to Netflix's release date (a week after it airs in Korea) but I can't!!! Last weekend I even went back home early on the day of my 6th anniversary with my bf just so I could live stream Pretty Noona :tongue:

---

I read somewhere that according to Netflix, Pretty Noona will only have 12 episodes. Is this true and can anyone confirm it??? I mean, I don't mind if the story ties in nicely. I just need to know :D

Indonesian viewers: Indonesian sub for ep 5 is already available somewhere out there!!!

Archived