[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

On 4/15/2018 at 9:41 PM, donits said:

Does netflix have a better subs or just the same as other sites? 

About JH's childishness, I think he's quite mature. It's just that he can't control his emotions when it comes to JA who I think is his long time/childhood crush :)

I'd say he's kinda paradoxical. And Jung Hae-in despite being such a rookie with far less experience,  is holding his own doing a wonderful job at portraying layers of JH (and his nuanced range of expressions/reactions).

The person imo who has a good handle on him is JA (even more so than his sister) -  bec he shows her most of his sides;  except for the really private one  (like how embarassed he was when she found his portrait of her. or how over- the-moon puppy dog ecstatic he can be in private over every little thing she says or does - a text for eg). And she almost-always can sense his reactions, or how he will see it/react to it ... I feel she has a good handle on him bec maybe she's older and bec she's always considerate of people and their reactions, to please them. He's also quite open with her in communicating - when they were discussing the male/female actors in the movie, and coaxing more honest communication from her too (lol the red umbrella, and the hand-holding = > RELATIONSHIP? LOL!  = > So we're in a man-woman relationship now? :lol::wub:)

JH SEEMS mature (and he is) ... but he also does act like a kid sometimes - be it with his decisions (impulsive statements to quit his job, brag about how indispensable he is at work even as he makes excuses to duck out of meetings, his glee in private lol), among his work buddies, his reactions to JA in private or even with his sister  ...

But maybe that exactly how his character is - he's a MAN but he's also still a BOY in some ways.

He's good at MASKING.

Even right from Ep 1 - when he clicked that picture of her, when she was sleeping.

His outgoing 'player' type image and kidding around ...   we can also see in his private moments he shows a more introverted thoughtfully-observant type side who may have been hurt and vulnerable once upon a time.  And when he draws in private - it's quite diff from the 'fooling around' caricature he did of her in public.

His detailed drawing of her REVEALED way more about how much he observed and felt about her.

JH has an outward image of confidence projected etc  - but he also has other sides, including a possible dark side.  He just learned to be more protective about showing those other sides.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jesskitkat said:

This drama is indeed different from other K dramas that I've watched so far. No cheesy, unbelievable or over the top storyline. 

Though the pace is slow, but I enjoyed it a lot. I love the mood that the director is bringing us into.

But this is a melodrama, so does that mean it'll not have a happy ending?

I dont mind the challenges that JA & JH will face along the episodes, but please please don't make it a sad ending! 

They started off so fast and it's just episode 6 now. I just don't want both of them not being together in the end. 

I dont want them to be separated just because of objections from the parents, sister and other people's perception. And both ended up not being together or.. JA ended up marrying someone she doesn't love & that guy is rich and from a respectable family (just to please her parents) and JH goes back to US or somewhere else cos he's broken hearted :(

Or no typical story like JA or JH discovered she/he has a serious illness and can't live long, etc....

Sigh, I just want a happy ending. As long as both of them are together. Please please....

If writer makes JA married to another man, i'll fly to Korea for a private talk... you know what i mean -.-'':ph34r:-_-

Finally finished watching last week's eps without the subs and I've noticed two things that made me like this drama even more:

1. They recycle their clothes. I mean, in all the kdramas I've seen the main characters wear different clothes on different days (sometimes even different scenes if it is not a cont., of an another scene). It doesn't matter even if they are dirt poor, they have an endless supply of clothes, even wear designer clothes and carry designer bags. But in this drama, main characters recycle some of their clothes.

2. These scenes. My bf loves to touch my cheek w/his cheek like these and I love it when he does this :). When I saw these quick scenes, they felt so real and relatable.

XJnZvNF.png

I was lurking at shipper's paradise forum and I don't see any thread about our couple. I can't believe there's nothing yet for these two. Btw, how do we call Haein and Yejin couple? I thought by now they already have a nickname. I was thinking of HaeJin but it reminds me of Yoo Haejin:lol:

41 minutes ago, ilu2 said:

Finally finished watching last week's eps without the subs and I've noticed two things that made me like this drama even more:

1. They recycle their clothes. I mean, in all the kdramas I've seen the main characters wear different clothes on different days (sometimes even different scenes if it is not a cont., of a another scene). It doesn't matter even if they are dirt poor, they have an endless supply of clothes, even wear designer clothes and carry designer bags. But in this drama, main characters recycle some of their clothes.

2. These scenes. My bf loves to touch my cheek w/his cheek like these and I love it when he does this :). When I saw these quick scenes, they felt so real and relatable.

Yes I noticed that too! They recycled their clothes just like all of us working adults. No overly expensive or branded clothes on every  episode. 

On 4/15/2018 at 1:33 PM, sunshinefate said:

some people on one site bashed this drama and even called it as "bloody boring" and did not even have any plot to tell.

This is a character-driven drama, so it's obviously not meaty on plot. Aren't real-life relationships like that? 

I really need JH to give a good reason why he loves JA so much. Not every time replying JA is pretty. Yes she's pretty but I need more reason! Maybe its just me, but i need a more convincing reason. Tell us the story, flashbacks on when & how his feeling started! 

They know each other more than 20 years.  What happened along the years? Why he go to US, etc...I hope all these will be revealed to us soon. Too many guessing games here!

I find myself slowly melting every time I see JH smile. His golden warm sunny smile especially when he smiles and look at you.

There's just something so addictive and charming. So irresistible!

And btw, does JHI really smoke in real life? I guess most K actors do..

2 minutes ago, jesskitkat said:

I really need JH to give a good reason why he loves JA so much. Not every time replying JA is pretty. Yes she's pretty but I need more reason! Maybe its just me, but i need a more convincing reason. Tell us the story, flashbacks on when & how his feeling started! 

They know each other more than 20 years.  What happened along the years? Why he go to US, etc...I hope all these will be revealed to us soon. Too many guessing games here!

I find myself slowly melting every time I see JH smile. His golden warm sunny smile especially when he smiles and look at you.

There's just something so addictive and charming. So irresistible!

And btw, does JHI really smoke in real life? I guess most K actors do.

You don't need reason to love someone, you just do. He don't say the reason is that she is pretty, he say that it's because she is JA.

hi every1.i'm new in here. it's been awhile that i follow any thread. the last time it was 4 jtbc swdbs.now jtbc keep me bz being mushy again with SITR. but i am so frustrated since the sub takes too long to release.huhu.ottoke...but don't worry..i won't be another ungrateful fan complaining much for a free sub by another fan right hehe...even our circle- ahjumma with family+kid and job including my own older sister started learning hanggul bcoz of kdrama...geez...and our mom keep on questioning dont u guys bz enough getting things done in your own house...hahaha..well..there's always a time for it (^_^) hehe...thank god we hv experts in here so basically i can sneak up a lil bit on meanings for certain parts b4 fully subs are out there. i actually got hooked at first bcoz of the bgm since i'm an ahjumma who enjoy oldies. but these two are so adorable especially when they laugh.JA really potrays what usually single woman in our age act in front of the younger man.and JH's behaviour definitely an "art oppa" style...lol..too many up and down emotions can be there in a day..both have thier own charms...regardless of  all their passionate hugs n kisses up until now...i can't get enough of "their 1st holding hand" scene ...butterflies everywhere...almost everyone that has been in relationship totally can relate to that jumping moment ...where u have to put all yr courage to take the 1st step to confess... ngee~~.. how i miss those days and i can't really hide it so at a time like this i'll be more daring towards my husband lol ... usually my husband catches on and said..." kdrama again...???"lol....for a single out there... be brave enough to seek yr own happiness...be attentive enough at people around you regardless of age...your baby neighbor covered with snot or dirt might be your partner in 20 years..who knows...ahahaha...da~~~ 

On 4/17/2018 at 1:50 AM, jesskitkat said:

I believe he has liked her for a very long time and not just because she's pretty, and probably it has something to do with food.  I used to believe that you don't need to have a definite reason to like someone until people would come up with 99+ reasons why they're breaking up. 

14 hours ago, larus said:

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” Tops List Of Most Buzzworthy Dramas

So happy with the achievement. Even many people find it boring on a website that I stumbled upon a few days ago, but this achievement proved that our Pretty Noona and her younger boyfriend were that popular nowadays. 

Btw, agree with some of you that I need flashback stories between them, not too much flashbacks but 2-3 scenes will do. But, even if they do not show those flashbacks, I hope they will tell us more about their backstories then. 

9 hours ago, ilu2 said:

1. They recycle their clothes. I mean, in all the kdramas I've seen the main characters wear different clothes on different days (sometimes even different scenes if it is not a cont., of a another scene). It doesn't matter even if they are dirt poor, they have an endless supply of clothes, even wear designer clothes and carry designer bags. But in this drama, main characters recycle some of their clothes.

The right picture is my favorite of them! The way Jung Hae In or I should call with Joon Hee touch Jin Ah's cheeck with his cheek. I don't know if it was PD's direction or Jung Hae In's improvisation, but it was really sweet of him to do that. 

2 hours ago, jeijei said:

I believe he has liked her for a very long time and not just because she's pretty and probably it has something to do with food.  I used to believe that you don't need to have a definite reason to like someone until people would come up with 99+ reasons why they're breaking up. 

This is so true lol. People will find 99+reasons when they broke up lol

8 hours ago, jesskitkat said:

Tôi thực sự cần JH để cho một lý do tại sao anh yêu JA rất nhiều. Không phải mỗi lần trả lời JA là khá. Có cô ấy khá nhưng tôi cần thêm lý do! Có lẽ nó chỉ cho tôi, nhưng tôi cần một lý do thuyết phục hơn. Cho chúng tôi biết câu chuyện, những hồi tưởng lại về thời gian và cảm giác của ông bắt đầu như thế nào! 

Họ biết nhau hơn 20 năm. Chuyện gì xảy ra trong những năm? Tại sao anh lại tới Mỹ, vv ... Tôi hy vọng tất cả những điều này sẽ được tiết lộ cho chúng tôi sớm. Quá nhiều trò chơi đoán ở đây!

They are belong to each other in many years, JH-JA & KS. KS "JA was the one that took care of her, even real sisters can’t do that much", JH agreed with her. JA accepted them, empathized and shared with them... This is the most solid foundation for their relationship. Not only, in his eyes she was always very beautiful, always. Kkkk... I like him in this cases: she was always pretty, since she was young till now, she is 35 (& older kkk... I hope that!). 

This is the only K drama (not even my fav Coffee Prince, Goblin) that got me hooked from the start till the end and got me automatically smiling and giggling. I don't find the plot boring. It's pace is slow, but I love the setting and the mood. It reminds me a lot of my own experiences.

Hope we get to see more flashbacks and back stories cos I'm interested with their past, especially JH past.

And so far I find him the CUTEST CUTEST in ep5 when JA tied his hair. So cute to the max!

Glad to know there's a forum about this drama here!!

This drama reeeeeally gives me that fluttery feeling. Super :heart: the chemistry between JH and JA here :D:D Waiting for the new eps with engsub is such a struggle...

But atleast now I have something I will be looking forward to every week.

Archived