[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, jeijei said:

@cawaiimonster no I'm not going to sub it myself. If someone wants to fansub it, I'll volunteer as QC. But if I were you, I'd wait till next week. Who knows, subs will come late. 

Netflix doesn't have this in their library as of now. No news from them either. But they're inconsistent with their announcements so I think they probably got it since Viki didn't get the license. 

Thanks anyway :heart:

29 minutes ago, ravenbleu said:

It is listed on OnDemandKorea. Can someone please check if it is subbed yet?

It is a streaming site. I am very doubtful that it has its own subbers. 

VIU, DF and Viki are currently about the only legal drama subbing companies. Netflix is the newest kid on the block and their sub team must be small. A lot of their dramas uses viki subs but I heard that OST lyrics are removed. Viki and kocowa have their subbing teams. Besides KBS2 and their subs. And MBC America right? But I hardly use MBC America... guess the American viewers wilo know more.

But somehow wonder how this Jtbc drama slipped under the radar with their licensing. That international fans can't find subs 

Anyway thanks @stroppyse for doing so many translations.

Forget about talking about the 90s chick flick vibes. I am laughing as the hunt for subs is reminding me of the early days when viki was new- ish and DF just starting... and no one had subs. And people were just dying. And it is only ep 1 and 2. Must admit the wait is really long for subs release.

JA's best friend- or rather the actress portraying it is a character actor right- wasn't she in another weekend drama? She was the frizzy haired ahjumma with a kid. And they had a chicken shop. However it is driving me slightly crazy trying to remember the drama. Does anyone know? In fact I am tempted to ask what is the actress age. She is quite young but they make her so plain and old in the other dramas. That is why it was disorienting seeing her here.

@ck1Oz, My Father Is Strange. The kid is smart but the couple don't have much money to send him to school. They're financially struggling, so she's styled like an ordinary ahjumma. But look at her now in this drama. The actress is 38. 

On 3/31/2018 at 3:56 PM, rain89 said:

Do you guys think Joonhee likes Ji Ah for a long time even before he left? Because the way he jokingly flirts with her and teases her since ep 1 tells me maybe he’s always been like that with her.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

As soon as he returned he saw JA and spent time with her before even going to see his sister. I knew when he was riding his bicycle in a circle around her that he was already smitten. :blush:

7 hours ago, triplem said:

The buzz is extremely high for this drama . So I doubt it’s got anything to do with the lack of international interest . I think it’s the licensing rights to sub  that’s either not given out yet or is being held by Netflix who may want to show it later like what they did with Bad Guys 2.

I was wondering that, which dramas have been in this status (no subs for such a while)? So Bad Guys 2...any drama more?

Oh, It's so frustrating. I hope that although at first the waiting is quite long; the more the drama advantage, the faster the subs will be (me, trying to be optimistic ^_^).

I thnk that it's only Netflix can block others subteams doing sub ... the same with Bad guys 2

Bc Easter WE is finished and .............. no sub :cry:

So we just watch it like that or..... go learning korean axpress hahahaha

Just saw this on twitter :D^_^ It was taken during his birthday :wub:

DZ1aEZlU0AEMcW7.jpg

CTTO

It's never easy to wait but for the love of this drama, I'm willing to wait for the subs forever!!! :w00t: I'll just re-watch the video clips again that @stroppyse translated :D:lol:B)

=======================================================================

BTS still cuts, I think :D

DZ1Nc8kVAAAu8ee.jpg

Spoiler

DZ1NdLEVQAA0xFT.jpg

DZ1NdbaU0AAJQFO.jpg

DZ1NdpoU0AALxLZ.jpg

Cr as tagged

Hi All, I literally just created an account to comment on this forum re:subbing issues.  I am 99% sure Netflix has the rights to this drama* and I could be wrong (and hoping I am wrong), but we might have to wait for subs.  Netflix bought the rights to JTBC's Age of Youth 2 last summer and no other streaming services were subbing it.  Someone was kind enough to translate it from the Indonesian subs and upload them to subscene but it was a wait for those subs to happen.  Netflix released Age of Youth 2 to America just a couple weeks ago but it was available in other countries a couple months after the full show aired.  Man to Man was another JTBC show they bought rights to and they aired it weekly but only after it was finished airing in South Korea.  Now hopefully they decide to air this one live like they have done others, generally there was some sort of landing page dedicated to it (Prison Playbook) so I am not sure what their plan is.  I also see that DramaFever has a landing page to it, I think this is for marketing purposes in all honesty.  Since there are so many kdrama streaming services in the mix now, DF is doing their best to keep themselves in the game, so I don't think they'd be sleeping on subs if they had the rights to it.  

Someone has put a request in for a fansub on subscene but I think everyone is waiting to see what Netflix intends to do. 

My information may be wrong here, this is just my research and opinions, I am honestly hoping subs pop up after I hit submit here and I would never be so happy to be wrong in my life. 

*In fact, I think they changed the name of the drama for Netflix since noona technically translates to sister and that might confuse people who don't know the whole meaning behind the word noona

The norm is that the male is older and i am one of those people who believe in such but that perspective changed after watching videos of this series. Although I've seen this setup IRL, i have colleagues and their gap is actually around 5-10 years, and while i maintain a nice expression outside when i learned it the first time i have to be honest but there is a bit of comments that i kept to myself. I cannot wait to watch this because i know that i will be learning something from it. That lesson/s is/are vital to me. On another note, the subs being delayed is frustrating but it just makes this series more interesting. I know it will be worth it. Netflix didn't get the right/s for nothing.

Netflix is very strong bc it's very .... rich

so they can buy everything hehehe

but I don't understand if it's very strong why the subbing team isn't  strong

for others subbing teams, just 7 hours they can do it and good !

I search on Netflix.... no infos for this drama !!

C'est bizarre !!!!!:glasses:

15 hours ago, spaceystacey said:

Hi All, I literally just created an account to comment on this forum re:subbing issues.  I am 99% sure Netflix has the rights to this drama* and I could be wrong (and hoping I am wrong), but we might have to wait for subs.  Netflix bought the rights to JTBC's Age of Youth 2 last summer and no other streaming services were subbing it.  Someone was kind enough to translate it from the Indonesian subs and upload them to subscene but it was a wait for those subs to happen.  Netflix released Age of Youth 2 to America just a couple weeks ago but it was available in other countries a couple months after the full show aired.  Man to Man was another JTBC show they bought rights to and they aired it weekly but only after it was finished airing in South Korea.  Now hopefully they decide to air this one live like they have done others, generally there was some sort of landing page dedicated to it (Prison Playbook) so I am not sure what their plan is.  I also see that DramaFever has a landing page to it, I think this is for marketing purposes in all honesty.  Since there are so many kdrama streaming services in the mix now, DF is doing their best to keep themselves in the game, so I don't think they'd be sleeping on subs if they had the rights to it.  

Someone has put a request in for a fansub on subscene but I think everyone is waiting to see what Netflix intends to do. 

My information may be wrong here, this is just my research and opinions, I am honestly hoping subs pop up after I hit submit here and I would never be so happy to be wrong in my life. 

*In fact, I think they changed the name of the drama for Netflix since noona technically translates to sister and that might confuse people who don't know the whole meaning behind the word noona

but netflix dramas usually come a week later..so if its netflix, they will release the subs on thursday night or fri morning as this drama airs on fri night

so just condition yourself that drama started a week late.. and raw would be like the fantasy.. where future episodes materialize like magic

14 minutes ago, diane90 said:

Netflix is very strong bc it's very .... rich

so they can buy everything hehehe

but I don't understand if it's very strong why the subbing team isn't  strong

for others subbing teams, just 7 hours they can do it and good !

I search on Netflix.... no infos for this drama !!

C'est bizarre !!!!!:glasses:

lol..if they make subs available that easily, who would pay for their subscriptions.. 1-2-3 day wait over paying money.. or 7 day wait..and undying yearning making you pay for anything :tongue: 

Well Chinese subs are available in srt form. I don't read Chinese so cant help there. I do remember back when subs were scarce that Baidu subbers are very fluent in Korean. For those who know how to access them.

I haven't been watching Kdramas that long but it is because of these issues that I learnt Korean. However if still sucks. I have a Netflix subscription here in Australia but haven't even checked what it is about. It is used for watching kids cartoon. Not Kdramas.

It feels odd if the discussions increase when subs comes out 1 week later. Then the episode comes out the next day. Then how will the momentum be?

Many korean writers like using the last drama's title where  actors or actresses played ...

for ex here, in the scene they met when JH rides bicycle around JA

she said " ah .. it's really you. When did you come back ?'"

he said " ...... while you were sleeping ..."":grin:

- about the song " Stand by your man "

I have just noticed that they use Carla Bruni's song in the drama

but, in the end of ep 1 and the pervew, it's another singer

maybe .....Racheal Y ?????????

17 hours ago, triplem said:

Also if u have a subbed site ( illegal ) in whatever language, don’t post it here. You can ask folks to PM you instead. 

16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Just to stress what @triplem has already said.

While frustration with the lack of subbing is understandable and the desire to share sites that carry subs, please do not name unlicensed viewing sites in any language on the threads, even in spoilers. For legal reasons, it is against the forum's policy to do so. Use PM if you want to convey information away from the threads.

Any posts containing unlicensed viewing sites will be removed, and repeated violations will result in warnings.

Sorry y'all if subscene was one of those sites, I wasn't aware of the rules. I can delete my post if needed.  

11 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

but netflix dramas usually come a week later..so if its netflix, they will release the subs on thursday night or fri morning as this drama airs on fri night

so just condition yourself that drama started a week late.. and raw would be like the fantasy.. where future episodes materialize like magic

I hope this is true and like I said, I am more than happy being wrong.  I have personally watched the episodes raw myself on ODK and will continue to do so and read the live recapping cause I want to watch it any possible way I can.

Archived