[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

8 hours ago, hi5hli5htslight said:

Guys I hope MY ahjumma is not sick, alot of references to missing doctors appointments and forgetting doing things. Also I hope nothing sneaky going on with CEO Yang and accountant since he vowed to pay MY back. Accountant seemed like she was lying. Well maybe its too late for these things plotwise.

And I really want SH to move out and leave KS.

I really done get this he has done nothing wrong her at this point .He sis stand up to his mother and he was the one always wanted to move out because he knew how she was.

Its  wrong to say  he should be punish because of his mother then should ET be punish because of his sister  who  is worse?Or DY because of her mother and father? Or MY because of her son?

These are good people with bad  folks it happens alot. You just got to work around the crazies in marriage. :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, jma030201 said:

my thoughts...

OMG ... I cant believe MS made me cry ...  he is human after all ... I guess exposure to the Parks has really melted his frozen heart ... oh wait too dramatic ... his heart was crushed by DY ... there simple as that :lol:

I hope WAM will be as honest with SH like she was with MY ... they should leave WAM alone in that apartment ....

ET is in panic mode ... let's just have a triple wedding!

Yeah ET is going a little crazy lol, eh wants to marry his girl before all the drama starts.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Great job from MS: Giving up DY, shielding JH from CK and willing to forgo all his inheritance to save his dad from the loan sharks. 

Nice to see ET with the sudden extreme mood switch although I feel he might have a mild bipolar disorder. Joking.

He states that if anything happens to ES, YH and CSW will be her guardians, whilst trying to convince YH that he's not proposing to her solely for ES' sake though he wants to be responsible for ES. While I believe he's serious about YH but it's not right to think that CSW will still be ES guardian once he marries YH. Whether ES is or is not ET's bio daughter, ET is responsible for ES as much as YH once they are married, isn't he?

Earlier, he explains that he just wants to be a good ajusshi to ES and not his 'real' father so he runs away to ponder on this issue. It confirms my guess that ET will treat his stepdaughter and bio daughter differently if he has the chance. I will agree with him if the kids are adults but not when ES is only 5 years old. I am thinking a stepfather's responsibility should be as much as a bio father for a young kid.

And there he goes again...worrying that JJH likes JH and dislikes YH and he must tie the knot with YH before JH/DY beats him. I don't find it funny since this is a family drama and not a comedy. ET is very self-centred and childish for his age.

@jma030201 Good idea about triple wedding, whereby everyone helps one another out to a happy ending

@ck1Oz I started off with this drama because of ET/YH too but ended up so put-off with ET

So they brought up CEO Yang  (out of the blue) in relationship with the book keeper doing the transfer of funds to MS.

Weird right?

I think MY's funds aren't going to get to MS.  CEO Yang (with his sense of betrayal) and the help of the bookkeeper will intercept the funds and MY will be out of a LOT of money.

BTW where die MS mother go.  she was around for the first few episode and then . . .  not a word.  She seems like a plot point that was forgotten.  Or was she around so we know that MY wasn't MS bio-mom and that his bio-parents are loser.

What's up with MY memory.  Why did she forget signing the papers to cover MS's dad's debt? Too late to introduce dementia.  When HS took her up on her romance offer, she had just had a health scare. Was that resolve?

Agreeing with comments about MY hopefully not being sick... This drama always pulls me back in, because although it goes to the brink of typical melodrama makjang, there has mostly been a more human twist such as with MS's development that brings it back. I like most of the characters and pairings, including ET & YH - but I will be highly disappointed if MY has Alzheimers - which seems quite the epidemic in Kdramaland and is a copout as far as plot - I love the MY & HS relationship & they have enough issues to deal with ....Writernim, we've had enough of Alzheimers & cancer!

Seems to suggest Lewy Body (Dementia).

Who will writernim give this to? WAM? Noona? Noona's husband? Highly unlikely.

PHS? He shows no sign.

MY? Highest probability as she is showing sign of forgetfulness and missing checkups. BUT, I am hoping it is just a false alarm, like false alarm for EunSu. Because...

1. apart from her forgetfulness she has no obvious symptom of Lewy Body Dementia.

2. PD's promise at first press conference ... "a cheerful and healthy drama"... cut of article....

Director Yoon Changbeom vowed to make a "cheerful and healthy drama."

Yoo Dong Kun, who will play Park Hyoseop, said, "This time, it's not cancer (referring to the imagined cancer in 'My Golden Life'). We've returned with a healthy weekend drama."

Can I trust PD on this till the very end?  I hope. So far I have enjoyed the drama and love the some level of light, comical and fun moments injected into the drama as well. :blush:

It would be too sad to have MY diagnosed Lewy Body Dementia. It would be too sad for PHS. Meeting woman he loves again... and for him to learn that she has this illness... it would be too harsh.  So ... if writernim has to take this route, please please please let it be a false alarm.  Just a normal "senior moment" please.

kKTYstfh.jpg

vddvsMNr.jpg

T5eN8wzr.jpg

4 hours ago, hushhh said:

I think MY's funds aren't going to get to MS.  CEO Yang (with his sense of betrayal) and the help of the bookkeeper will intercept the funds and MY will be out of a LOT of money

I sensed trouble ahead. She trusted her finance person. And, I don't think she signed what she thought she was signing. She didnt vet through it, perhaps.  Hope I am wrong.

After "My Daughter SeoYoung", I never invested so much on weekend drama until this one. I ship ET-YH-ES so hard!! What a beautiful family they'd make. 

And Park Jae Hyung, what a fine man. He's a son a who was raised right. Up until now, he's my favorite character. While he is ever steadfast and confident, he  remains grounded.

25 minutes ago, azuwaza163 said:

And Park Jae Hyung, what a fine man. He's a son a who was raised right. Up until now, he's my favorite character. While he is ever steadfast and confident, he  remains grounded.

This. I was almost always impressed with JH and I also credited it to his upbringing.  To me he is indeed a fine young man in many aspects including his personality. He’s had his bad moments but he’s changing and growing in the right way with a solid moral compass. 

P.S. The shape of his face often reminds me of the shape of actress Kate Hudson’s face. ^_^

On 8/6/2018 at 4:24 AM, ck1Oz said:

You know Kdramas keep all sorts of medical diagnosis from family members. But for a father's girlfriend/ de facto partner to tell her stepchild's boyfriend's sister her brother has a biological child is too much. I am scratching my head trying to work out what justification does a person need to feel to interfere and actually tell a stranger that sort of personal info. Springing a child confirmation should always be told by the new parent.

Agree that MY should not be the one to inform JJH.

But from the previous episode, MY tells HS that JJH will not accept ES in this manner - (I presumed) being born without ET's knowledge and against his will (probably due to her pride). ET also mentions that he doesn't intend to reveal the truth to ES but will make her grow to love him as a real father. Hence I guess ET will not tell JJH too. It can also be seen from how he scrambles to get married ahead of JH. Otherwise he can take his time as he has ES  as a trump card to marriage if it's easy to appease JJH that ES is his bio daughter from CSW's crime.

Thus I guess MY is trying to pass bits of information to JJH as she says she is naive and (probably) will think that ES is the illegitimate child of ET, hoping she will be more able to accept ES than knowing the truth.

MY, being JJH's friend, is the only one who knows how much JJH hates ES/ YH so she's doing this to help but I hope it doesn't backfire.  

@ck1Oz I enjoy watching returns of superman, esp seol sua sian trio. The siblings are very close knitted and so well brought-up. 

Thoughts about RichPlayer...

1)  He is a liar and a creep.  

RichPlayer lies to his mom, RichLady, about his birth mother:  her identity, whereabouts, has he seen her since she left him?  He knows who she is, gives her money to keep her quiet so RichLady doesn't hand him back to her.   He chooses to lie and scam the person who makes his plush life possible. 

RichPlayer scams his own 'mother!'  He plotted to oust the manager she trusts and scam shares and give money to the father that abandoned him!  Last few episodes have portrayed him as a lonely, pitiable character, but he's a really awful person in need of serious redemption.  

RichPlayer has absolutely zero interest in DimWitDaughter, she is definitely not his type.  Writers did a real disservice to have him interested in her for plot reasons.  They are not a fit.  RichPlayer's character is more similar to BratDaughter's SneakyBoss.  Those are his friends & social contacts, not an innocent, honest, gullible girl like DimWitDaughter.

Now he comes in contact with a father that truly cares for his children's well being:  financial, emotional, and moral.  Plus, the brothers and sisters in the family sincerely care about each other, this is also new to him.  

We see him realizing he isn't comfortable being such a horrible person, he doesn't want to hurt DimWitDaughter or make her life difficult.  And, he isn't comfortable seeing DimWitDaughter's Dad treat TryingSon so badly.  

RichPlayer's rehabilitation has begun.  And not too soon, he was a truly awful creep for about 38 episodes!

7 hours ago, watchumlots said:

Thoughts about RichPlayer...

1)  He is a liar and a creep.  

RichPlayer lies to his mom, RichLady, about his birth mother:  her identity, whereabouts, has he seen her since she left him?  He knows who she is, gives her money to keep her quiet so RichLady doesn't hand him back to her.   He chooses to lie and scam the person who makes his plush life possible. 

RichPlayer scams his own 'mother!'  He plotted to oust the manager she trusts and scam shares and give money to the father that abandoned him!  Last few episodes have portrayed him as a lonely, pitiable character, but he's a really awful person in need of serious redemption.  

RichPlayer has absolutely zero interest in DimWitDaughter, she is definitely not his type.  Writers did a real disservice to have him interested in her for plot reasons.  They are not a fit.  RichPlayer's character is more similar to BratDaughter's SneakyBoss.  Those are his friends & social contacts, not an innocent, honest, gullible girl like DimWitDaughter.

Now he comes in contact with a father that truly cares for his children's well being:  financial, emotional, and moral.  Plus, the brothers and sisters in the family sincerely care about each other, this is also new to him.  

We see him realizing he isn't comfortable being such a horrible person, he doesn't want to hurt DimWitDaughter or make her life difficult.  And, he isn't comfortable seeing DimWitDaughter's Dad treat TryingSon so badly.  

RichPlayer's rehabilitation has begun.  And not too soon, he was a truly awful creep for about 38 episodes!

I'm so glad you said this. MS is not only a liar and a creep but a self-centered immature first-class jerk. Oh, he was crying on his mom's shoulder (like the baby he is) because he didn't get the girl he liked. Boo-Freakin'-Hoo!

Breaking News Bulletin: That's how the cookie crumbles, son. DY liked someone else, and not you. It happened to be your underling at work who is also your new sorta stepbrother. You might wanna note that his character and morals rate an A+. But it's time now to man up and move on. Once you knew it wasn't you, you should've given up, but your ego wouldn't let you do that. 

MS has a long, long, long way to go. He really was only motivated to change because he wanted his mom's cash to pay off his deadbeat dad's debt. If that wasn't a factor, he'd still be as jerky as ever. He only cares about himself and what he wants, and how he can get others to do what he wants. I said before he had better have one heck of a redemption arc because he has been so jerky for so long it was gonna have to be at the epic level to convince me. Maybe the writer is going for "less of a jerk and only some lying and deception" as his rehab goals. That I would buy. 

He may see the Park family care for each other and have each other's backs, but I am sure he's thinking about how to use that to his advantage. Even when he stuck up for HH and got her out of that situation with the Player Boss, it seemed like it was less of doing it for her and more of what kind of brownie points he'd get with the family. 

Sad to say that the writernims and pds for this drama are quite a failure. Character (MS) they meant to redeem is still seen as an ultra crook to some viewers and character (ET) meant to be upright is seen as hideous in the process to others. :confounded:

6 hours ago, newyee said:

Sad to say that the writernims and pds for this drama are quite a failure. Character (MS) they meant to redeem is still seen as an ultra crook to some viewers and character (ET) meant to be upright is seen as hideous in the process to others. :confounded:

I guess it’s because of our different perceptions of good/bad and level of tolerance for BS. I know some cried for MS while he sobbed on MY’s shoulders, but I wasn’t one of them. I was glad that he came around so quickly and decided to give up on DY, and I’m so happy that he spoke up for JH. He is starting to grow up. But I just can’t feel for his sadness, for some reason. :sweatingbullets:

And how disgusting was YCK? I really really detest him.:rage:

2 hours ago, joonminfan said:

I guess it’s because of our different perceptions of good/bad and level of tolerance for BS. I know some cried for MS while he sobbed on MY’s shoulders, but I wasn’t one of them. I was glad that he came around so quickly and decided to give up on DY, and I’m so happy that he spoke up for JH. He is starting to grow up. But I just can’t feel for his sadness, for some reason. :sweatingbullets:

He has never moved my heart at all and I’ve said before I know my heart can be completely changed by a character I disliked in the beginning because it happened to me when I watched “Come Here and Hug Me”. With MS, he just kept doing things that annoyed me. They also tried to make him change through falling for DY but it didn’t move me because I know even the worse people will treat the person they sincerely like kindly. Still, even that they didn’t do right because nothing was more unappealing to me than forcing his feelings on DY and whining to her repeatedly after she had already rejected him a few times. So then, how can I be moved when he cries when nothing about his actions moved me? It was nice that he stood up for JH and finally decided to let go of DY but I do wonder if the writers can convince me to care about him by the time this drama ends.

@Shamrockmom:  THANKS for the support. 

Was noticing that many commenters felt soooo sad and sorry for RichPlayer because he didn't get the girl AND he and his "mother" are somewhat estranged AND he was behaving nicely towards TryingSon when DimWitDaughter's Dad was being a jerk.   It's a start towards his redemption, but he has A HECKOFALOT to be forgiven.  

A real no-no, deceiving and selling out his "mother" who took him in after his own bio-mom dumped him!  He's a cad!   One would expect that he would be most loyal and honest towards her, but NOOOooooo. 

PLUS, wanting his adopted mother to financially bail-out the man that dumped a kid from an affair on her, lost all their money, ran up debts, and then abandoned them!  THE NERVE!  

39 minutes ago, watchumlots said:

@Shamrockmom:  THANKS for the support. 

Was noticing that many commenters felt soooo sad and sorry for RichPlayer because he didn't get the girl AND he and his "mother" are somewhat estranged AND he was behaving nicely towards TryingSon when DimWitDaughter's Dad was being a jerk.   It's a start towards his redemption, but he has A HECKOFALOT to be forgiven.  

A real no-no, deceiving and selling out his "mother" who took him in after his own bio-mom dumped him!  He's a cad!   One would expect that he would be most loyal and honest towards her, but NOOOooooo. 

PLUS, wanting his adopted mother to financially bail-out the man that dumped a kid from an affair on her, lost all their money, ran up debts, and then abandoned them!  THE NERVE!  

@watchumlots... MS was a character I could never like because he betrayed his mom because of greed. He wanted to bail out his father who abandoned him. There is still a chance where the father is just using the kid to pay off his debt and hurt the boy again.  He is selfish and shallow. DY has seen his worst side , his selfishness and disloyalty. How can she trust a man with that kind of characteristic in him and won't do it to her. DY is a sweet girl and she needs a man in her life who is loyal to the bone.  JH being the good man that he is made a promise to mom because he consider DY is a princess , someone he believes that should be protected and loved. :wub::wub::wub:

The best part of ET/YH romance is probably from the misunderstanding to cooperating to get the funds ET needs and the departure and return of ET from Africa. I find that it's a total flop now with ET playfully pestering YH to marry him, like a little boy asking for a candy from his mom. Poor YH is always casting that serious yet guilty look at him. Not the least romantic.  

Honestly I would rather YH continue to be a single mother than to meet and worse to marry a guy like ET. Why?

He is always the one calling the shots and get respected for his nonsense, be it gatecrashing at YH's family dinner at the rooftop (some call it strategic planning but to me he's calculative and an opportunist); testing JH about his sincerity towards DY when he's only an uncle and one who is inexperienced in love; and looking at ES kindergarten friend with disdain instead of feeling grateful that ES has a close friend and I liken it to how CK will react when he looks at DY's admirers with the same kind of suspicion as ET instead of displaying kindness and with an open mind; a scheming weasel he is when it comes to JH/DY future marriage which contradicts his earlier concern about DY dating the right guy and that makes him a real hypocrite; and his attitude towards the young doctors every morning that even YH is shocked at first but readily submitted to it.

Isn't YH looking for blissful remarriage? YH should learn her lesson that ET is the type to disappear without informing her (his last return to Africa and during ES hospitalisation) and he will continue to do so in future when he has the calling to go back to serve in Africa again. To ES, he just wants to be a good uncle and that's about it. If she is lucky, he might return. Otherwise, he will simply disappear, much like his father.

In contrast, HS, JH and KS give the impression that they will always show kindness, sincerity and humility to the people around. ET is more like a better version of JJH and CK. He's best suited for the African humanitarian work.

Why ET is like JJH? ET talks down and grabs JH by his collar because JH is just an ordinary guy and ET needs not show much respect for him as he is deemed rather lowly for his precious niece, just like how JJH looks at YH as a divorcee with a kid in tow and her bro is too good for her.

And not forgetting that he bears a personal grudge with YH and refuses to give her the job in the hospital initially.

Very sad there is no EunTae in Preview for Episode 42

Written in hangul

선하(박선영)는 아미(박준금)의 본색을 알고 배신감을 느끼고,
경수(강성욱)를 찾아간 효섭(유동근)은 아미의 만행을 미리 알고도 막지 못한 경수에게 화를 낸다.
다연(박세완)은 YL그룹에서 문식(김권)과 마주치고, 엘리베이터 공포증을 극복하기 위해 노력한다.
그런 문식이 마음에 걸리는 재형(여회현). 하지만 유하(한지혜)의 뜻밖의 제안으로 3남매는 처음으로 문식의 집에 찾아가게 되고,
문식은 요란법석을 떠는 3남매와 은수로 인해 정신없는 저녁을 맞이하게 되는데...

PHS is upset with KS for not stopping his mum. I think thats not fair. He didn't have a chance to do so.
SH feels betrayed by WAM
YH got all siblings together in MY's house to dine with MS. YH is good at bringing the family together.

Love development for DY and JH.:wub: Sweethearts.
0mFBmAch.jpg

Looks like MY ex is returning this weekend.

MS is such a spoilt, whimpy and ungrateful of a ....
I would like to see retribution... before writernim even redeem him. Looks like writer is skipping retribution. Breaking point for me was... his treatment towards MY.  And now, how could he use MY's money to pay for his dad's debt when his dad has hurt MY so so so much. MY took him in when his own parents abandoned. MY has a big heart. 
Do u think MY looks pale in preview? SAD. Maybe is her wedding next.

One week is up for  EunTae :love: YuHa 

zFOsyVWh.jpg

@Cestbon MY could really be sick, now that I recall in ep 40 when HS asked if she and JJH had talked about ES. She said no when she did. I was quite puzzled until someone mentioned dementia. 

Now MY is the one who brings up MS. HS has ever mentioned that MY didn't bring him up well as everyone agrees. If he's rotten to the end, it's pretty heartache for MY. So hopefully MS will change for the better over time. I don't like his character either but I remember his intention of bringing his father back to SK. MY has many suitors in the past and MS will find ways to break them because he wants his father to reconcile with MY so that he won't be labelled as an adopted child. (He's too old to have such naive and illogical thoughts though). He does the same for MY/HS. Initially, we think he does not want to share his inheritance with the Parks siblings and hence the objection but when MY realises his intention to sell his shares is to bring his father back before it's too late (if MY marries HS), they set the condition of him eating/sleepover with the parks siblings.

MY has defended MS that he has never criticised her cooking nor turned abusive when drunk. He does try to behave well with MY, out of gratitude or fear of abandonment, up to viewer's opinion.

He is not greedy over money. He just wants his bio father back as his bio mother is a hopeless wh@#* who only wants money from him. He didn't mention to MY, either he's too ashamed of her or he knows MY will not want them to live together.

I agree that he shouldn't use MY's money to pay for his dad's debt knowing that his father has been unfaithful to MY. Still, MY will give him his share of inheritance as she has treated him like her own and well, he can use it for any purpose. As the agreement has stated, MS is not to inherit any other asset of MY but yet MS is prepared to fully redeem the money to pay for his father which will leave him penniless. 

He may look grouchy and displeased with the Park siblings' accompaniment but he must be feeling grateful within. He has a sad childhood and has been a brat, to cover his weakness, for too long to show gratitude to anyone. Maybe he will see how great HS is as compared to his dad soon.

I remain neutral for this character.

P/s: Unless ET can come clean with YH about his fear of JJH's disapproval about family entanglements ie either ET/YH or JH/DY but not both and they can think of a solution such that both couples can get married, I wish he doesn't appear at the Park's residence. How can he have the conscience to face HS, JH and YH with his hideous plan? 

Archived