[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

my thoughts...

MY should not have told JJH about ET/ES relationship. It should have come from ET.

HH's reverse psychology on MS did not work ... i wonder how she will clean that up.

MY was impressed at JH's maturity in that he wants to handle the matter between him and MS without the help of the elders.

ET should make it clear to YH that he wants to marry her because he loves her and their daughter and not because he wants to secure his role as ES bio dad.

Applause for KS for not condoning his mom. Somehow he grew up well despite his mom being a witch! LOL

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was very impressed with KS too. Even though his mum kept saying she did it for him and mind you all people who behave this way say that  " I'm doing this for you ". I hate it when they feign something for the benefit of another who never asked or wished it but a tactic to make the other feel guilty. He is a good character , he started out weak but he has good values and he was always steadfast about his love for SH.

MS is a petty person. I agree with @chasen8888 he just does not want JH to 'win' DY and really what right has any person to constantly bother a girl who has rejected you. That is so very wrong in every way and it happens in Korean drama so often one wonders how many poor men and women in Korea have to constantly ward of unwanted attention and even after you clarify your disinterest they continue to bother you. Sickening aspect that I have never liked in these dramas. I have never found it attractive just completely horrible.

After MY decided to tell JJH about the real daughter why didn't she disabuse JJH about the affair conclusion. Why do you reveal so much and leave that stupid conclusion in place.....I know drama!

@chasen8888 

"Result – MS feelings are hurt, and so was his ego.  I think MS could have tolerated losing DY to just about anyone except JH.  My reasoning for stating this is because of the discussion whereby he was musing aloud as to the person that DY likes, it appears that he was approaching giving up stage.  But once he found out it was JH and that JH knew that he liked DY and did not tell him it became something else, it was not about DY but more in the line of winning.

That is why I made that earlier assessment regarding MS. MS could have gone through a few days of feeling upset but he was not being considerate of DY nor looking at the big picture in terms of JH, MY and the family.

From the last scene with MY/JH this is clearly what JH is doing in trying to resolve this, MS is trying to make things worse and not better...."

- - - - - - 

From my viewpoint, if it's all about winning JH, MS won't have gone straight to DY to confirm and sheds tears. He does have strong feelings for her. He tells DY that if she can continue to like someone for 10 years, how does she expect him to give up immediately (not exact words). I think that is something he has wanted to tell DY but doesn't have the courage to or doesn't want to appear pushy so he's keeping it to himself. Why is he telling her only now? Well, people usually don't rock the boat until something more certain/serious crops up and he has to force himself to face up to his feelings. Hence he pours out everything to DY and admits that he can't give up (yet).

However, he is being foolish as DY doesn't care much about him as she happily goes about meeting HH and JH. 

As to why he is furious with JH, much has already been discussed earlier...the sense of betrayal, distrust, and partly being jealous especially when he knows his love rival is someone he is close to and who has a bio dad and a bunch of siblings surrounding him and yes ego since JH is n some ways inferior to him. But I don't think it's much about winning. 

As to why JH is able to see the big picture, well, he is the winner in this love triangle. Logically, his love need is fulfilled so he is better able to move on to resolve his feud with MS so as not to upset his family and MY. (similar to Maslow's hierarchy of needs but in this case, personal love needs fulfilled, move on to family love, next level will be societal love etc). On the contrary, MS is at his lowest point in love. He needs an outlet to pour out his grievances. Don't the guys always go to the boxing ring to settle their scores in kdrama?

I think HH plan may not backfire in tonight's episode. MS has met JH outside his home so he probably won't barge into the house to create chaos. Otherwise MY won't have given him the agreement to pay for his father's debt. Just my thoughts.

57 minutes ago, hyall said:

I was very impressed with KS too. Even though his mum kept saying she did it for him and mind you all people who behave this way say that  " I'm doing this for you ". I hate it when they feign something for the benefit of another who never asked or wished it but a tactic to make the other feel guilty. He is a good character , he started out weak but he has good values and he was always steadfast about his love for SH.

MS is a petty person. I agree with @chasen8888 he just does not want JH to 'win' DY and really what right has any person to constantly bother a girl who has rejected you. That is so very wrong in every way and it happens in Korean drama so often one wonders how many poor men and women in Korea have to constantly ward of unwanted attention and even after you clarify your disinterest they continue to bother you. Sickening aspect that I have never liked in these dramas. I have never found it attractive just completely horrible.

After MY decided to tell JJH about the real daughter why didn't she disabuse JJH about the affair conclusion. Why do you reveal so much and leave that stupid conclusion in place.....I know drama!

I am also very annoyed with these plots of drama characters being “persistent” even after being rejected by the people they like. It’s not “fighting for your happiness” when the person has told you countless time she does not like you and that she never will. This is bordering on obsessive / stalkerish behaviour in my opinion. And I don’t think DY and MS crushes are the same. At the very least, DY’s crush on JH has never made JH uncomfortable, as far as we can tell. But MS, on the other hand, wants to meet up with DY, goes to her house without her permission, and even asked her to like him despite her saying very clearly that she likes JH. I can understand if DY seems to have wavered, or indicated to MS that she has feelings for him too, BUT SHE HASN’T. MS is like a little boy who wants something he is told he can’t have, and while I understand that may be due to his insecurities from childhood, he is a grown up now. He needs to grow up. And HH is right. MS has done so many things for DY, and she isn’t moved at all. It’s very telling.

I don’t understand why MY told JJH about ET being ES’s biological Father. Did she expect JJH to believe her just like that? Waiting to see how this will play out.

And oh, DY’s father is a disgusting despicable liar. How dare he say such lies to MY when MS is actually the one chasing after DY and making her uncomfortable? :unamused:

@joonminfan "At the very least, DY’s crush on JH has never made JH uncomfortable, as far as we can tell. "

I think there's a scene whereby DY is walking behind JH on her first day to work at YL. It irritates JH and he thinks she's following him again. I am of the impression that DY has kind of stalked JH before this scene and promises not to repeat? If there is, DY is in a way persistent in pursuing JH and making him feel annoyed. 

ET sister got suspicious after what MY said yesterday. Went to HS and gave a snack it looked like to ES. He talked with HS and she found out YH and CSW got married in US. She get even more suspicious. She will continue to investigate.

MS with DY father talking. At the same time JH visit to try to get permission. DY father starts to insult him. MS who sit beside JH had enough and defends him it looks like. He tells the connection between them.

. MS come home and go to his room. MY comes in. MS starts to cry with MY comfort him. DY father is furious and calls ET to the office. Get mad that YH and JH are siblings. Looks like ET is messing with him and sound like he asks him you didn't know? or something likethat. Looks like he acts completely ignorant.

SH husband tell SH what his mother did, SH is shocked. Seems like HS finds out also and confront MY about it. SH confront her mother in law. She's complete trash. I hope SH get divorced or that she moves out with her husband and leave her to rot. HS and MY are arguing. Honestly HS is too harsh on MY. MY only did it cause she cares. Finally SH stand up for herself. the episode ends.

MS gives up on pursuing DY, SH finds out about WAM – it’s her turn as episode closer.

Ep 41

• MS dismisses HH and decides to give JH trouble which is not what she wanted in the first place.  At outside the house MS/JH talk about DY; JH is trying to be reasonable to MS saying sorry and thanks while MS is provoking.  MS provokes JH to the point that it’s combative, HS sees this demanding an explanation, JH lies taking the blame using work as an excuse.  MY knowing what is really happening gets HS to leave.  In their room, HS/MY talk about MS, the father and JH, MY decided to settle the debt and let MS off the family meetings etc.  which has HS support.  MS goes home and thinks about HH words in relation to feelings of a break up/rejection.
  • ET is thinking when YH comes in, they talk about the right reason for them to get married.  Because she is still feeling sorry towards ET, YH is changing the tone of the relationship to be a professional one which has ET unhappy.  ET tries to change it back to the dating/to be married one by teasing and provoking her to be herself around him.  He suggests lunch, while eating he proposes again to YH stating that it is for the right reasons etc, in a teasingly serious manner.  YH is thinking about it.
  • KS gets a text from HS for a meet, HS treats KS to a snack he likes it’s a FIL/SIL moment with both of them telling each other thanks.
  • ET stops by the house to take ES to school, when he drops off ES it’s a light send off moment.  ES’s classmate who so happens to be a boy happily greets her, they hug, they talk and they go in; much to the slight upset of ET.
  • Mgr Ko and SH talk about MIL and mothers.  SH decides to treat WAM by going on a shopping date.
  • It’s contract signing moment with MS/MY who takes care of the ex’s debt, she tells MS her reasons for doing so and that he no longer have to go to the house due to it.  MS signs the contract, thanks her and says sorry.
  • It’s an amusing moment with ET/JJH, he feeling her out regarding if she likes YH or not in comparison to JH, confirming that she still does not like YH but likes JH.  ET informs JJH/CK that he propose to YH but she has not told him her answer etc, there is a discussion around this.  ET is trying to be persuasive.
  • At the family dinner, all are informed that MS does not have to come over the house for meals etc. it’s a bit sad.  HH stops by the house to find out the reason from MS and gets an idea that it was conditional etc. , she tells JH.
  • WAM is still trying to persuade KS to accept the café from MY, he is not happy about this.  MY signs the café contract over to WAM, leaves it on her desk which is now in gossipy wife hands as she picked it up. 
  • YH is thinking about ET and marriage to him, she talks about it with MY as to not wanting regrets, still feeling sorry towards him etc.  MY listens openly.
  • JJH is still thinking about MY’s words of ET being ES’s father, she is doing some investigating but not getting the result that she wants.  She visited HS who was with ES and gives her a treat that so happens to be one that ET liked as a child, spoke to HS regarding YH’s previous marriage etc. not satisfied, she leaves which HS finds strange.
  • MS gets a call from CK to come by the hospital, JH also stops by the hospital.  JJH tells DY what CK is doing which has her upset and going there.  MS/JH meet in CK’s office whereby he is being very blatant in his dislike of JH who took it silently.  MS intervenes by defending JH, giving up on his pursuit of DY, telling him of JH’s identity connection to HS/YH and leaving.  CK is speechless, JH follows MS telling him thanks and MS walks away.
  • As JH leaves the hospital, DY arrives hugging him, MS sees her worry, love etc. for JH who tries to calm her down saying that it’s fine and not to worry.  MS leaves, JH calls MY telling her what MS did.  MS goes home sad and tearful, MY is there for him while he cries.
  • CK reeling from the shock of MS’s revelation of JH being HS son and YH brother calls ET, he rails his anger at ET as to hiding it from him etc.  ET listens and tries to get out of it and escapes.  ET goes by YH and proposes again saying he wants them to be married quickly, YH tells him that she does not want to fail again and why she is hesitant etc.  ET says okay etc. he can see her point and gives her a few days to give him an answer.
  • DY/JH are happily walking home with he being understanding of MS and they seem to want to be there for him. They are fine holding hands – I don’t think we will get a kiss with this pair even though we want one.
  • SH contacts KS who comes and finds out that she wants to do something nice for WAM, this has him upset so he told her what WAM did to MY and that he is sorry.
  • Gossipy wife and husband were talking about WAM/SH/MY; HS finds out about this from them.  At the same time SH calls WAM saying that she is coming home early.
  • SH talks to WAM re the café, and she shows her real self to SH.  HS talks to MY about WAM and what she has been doing.  MY tells HS of WAM’s demand for the café she states her reasons for agreeing, HS disagrees with this and is very upset they sort of argue.  SH thinks about what the gossipy wife told her regarding WAM early visits and asks for confirmation from WAM.  Show ends.

Thoughts

I cannot read hangul and sometimes wonder what the fans of this show think about SH/KS/WAM because I get the feeling that like us we don’t really care for them much and what the writer and pds are trying to do is get some sort of response from the viewers.  But frankly it’s a whatever, as they are just flat.  What had to balance it was, it is the first serious argument with HS/MY which so happens to be about one of his children – SH.  HS is right that MY should not have done what she did even though she was trying to mitigate it just made the situation worse.

MS stepped up and show that he has matured as he had to give up DY not only for himself but for DY’s happiness and JH who has been decent for the most part to him.  Though that scene was painful for him to see he saw that DY really loves JH when she rushed towards him and JH reassuring her.  It’s good that he had a good cry, now MS can move on.  HH’s words gave him some clarity, at the same time he did not like CK’s rude behaviour towards JH.  CK who as usual thinks too much of himself ends up wounding himself by finding out how much connection that JH has to his family. JH thinks too much of him of as well because he is DY’s father.   What I have noticed is that they have increased the interaction between him and HH. MS now has a choice in visiting the Park's house, its not forced so we will see what was the result after all this.

There was also expansion of YH stating the reasons why she is hesitant in remarriage – fear of regret, fear of failure and at present she still feel sorry towards ET.  I think when she gets over the last one she will say yes, and when will we ever see them date? I wonder if and when are they going to tell everyone about ET being ES’s bio daughter?  I agree that MY should not have told JJH but felt that it was a scene to keep JJH occupied in being involved in ET/YH/ES lives.  Minor thought, considering the fact that ES was born in the US is she a US citizen or does she have dual citizenship?

Whether we see a wedding is neither here or there for me, I just want 2 more “real” kisses in the show preferably JH/DY and YH/ET as there is one thing that the show lacks is passion, the feeling of love between the respective couples.

KBS please stop being stingy with the late written and video preview.  I wonder if there are challenges that they are having with the live shoot that’s why it is happening.

Gone for now, take care everyone and have a good week

I haven’t watched yesterday’s episode yet but I’m glad to hear today’s episode finally squashed the DY/JH/MS storyline. The Park family sure put up with a lot of insults in this show, CK being the most recent. I realize not one of them including HS has not been demeaned by another character in this show.

JJH/CK are people who should never get what they want for ET and DY. I look forward to seeing how ET and DY will fight for what they want.

WAM. I hope that her plans fail hard. I think KS is the key. He has to stand his ground and I hope he does. You never know with these characters so I cannot trust him fully or writer-nim’s pen in this case. 

ET: Now she is keeping her distance from me. Last time she used to address me as ETsshi, now she addresses me as Prof Jung, when I will be her Oppa? :tounge_wink:

ET first time playing chauffeur to ES, to bring her to school. He is so pleased to send his little daughter to sch. But why is this boy hugging my ES, holding her hands? lol

ET  purpose like 400 times the last 2 episodes lol. :joy:

I am so glad to see he is back to being comfortable with his 2 ladies, that did not take long at all. :heart:

Sometimes you  just need to take a step back and clear your mind. :thumbsup:

Still dont care about MS or his tears sorry. :thumbsdown:

ET is killing me, he told YH to cover her mouth before yawing and in the same sentence ask  her to marry him. :joy:

He is right though they need to hurry before people try anything!

Ok I am sure I am the only one but anyone else find the boss dude  SH talks to odd acting?

You know Kdramas keep all sorts of medical diagnosis from family members. But for a father's girlfriend/ de facto partner to tell her stepchild's boyfriend's sister her brother has a biological child is too much. I am scratching my head trying to work out what justification does a person need to feel to interfere and actually tell a stranger that sort of personal info. Springing a child confirmation should always be told by the new parent.

See how many degrees of separation there are?

Thanks go @chasen8888 extremely detailed summary I can still follow the drama. Why does the lead actor always choose such weak plot dramas? I don't mind DH and JH. And now even MS in relation to JH. But thank goodness for summaries which enables to skip parts I can't be bothered to follow. I mean I can't even be bothered with the ET romance. Which is unbelievable since I actually started this drama because of those 2 actors.

Oh yeah SH's  boss and the boy. The writer is writing a plot full of inappropriate characters anyway. I don't like making sexist comments but a female subordinate who keeps meeting a married male superior for personal drinks and conversation is a leading plot device in any other drama. Except here. Even a male would normally be wary of being so involved. I am not being old fashioned since I actually do talk to my male colleagues about family issues but we talk within a public work area where anyone can pass by. Not away by others.

The boy? Don't know about the drama side of things but the other Korean toddlers in Seoul do hug and kiss each other especially with friends. They did it to my kids anyway. They were kind of adorable holding hands. I especially love it when they follow the noonas. But the parents usually are there to initiate it. And I see it on the K variety show Superman returns. 

my thoughts...

OMG ... I cant believe MS made me cry ...  he is human after all ... I guess exposure to the Parks has really melted his frozen heart ... oh wait too dramatic ... his heart was crushed by DY ... there simple as that :lol:

I hope WAM will be as honest with SH like she was with MY ... they should leave WAM alone in that apartment ....

ET is in panic mode ... let's just have a triple wedding!

Guys I hope MY ahjumma is not sick, alot of references to missing doctors appointments and forgetting doing things. Also I hope nothing sneaky going on with CEO Yang and accountant since he vowed to pay MY back. Accountant seemed like she was lying. Well maybe its too late for these things plotwise.

And I really want SH to move out and leave KS.

Archived