[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

Watching the clips of today’s episode on DramaKBS YouTube, I really hope JH doesn’t have to go back to almost groveling to mend his relationship with MS. I really dislike this kind of stuff because he shouldn’t have apologize for his relationship. To me if there is any apology necessary, all three are at fault. I mean, who goes building a fantasy about someone else without ascertaining their feelings first and whether they’re in a committed relationship. I never saw such a thing although it’s possible there are careless people like that. Then there is DY who rightfully stated after constant badgering that she has a boyfriend whom she loves but never told the boyfriend about the confession she received because of her own reasons. Then there’s JH who found out too late and was ready to confront the problem but was delayed by his first couple disagreement with DY. Then when he finally decided to take care of it the other party found out first. 

I wonder if ET and YH are okay. I will have to wait for @chasen8888 commentary to find out. It seems like KS found out what WAM did. I hope he has a backbone to deny the cafe that was extorted from MY.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s still about JH/DY/MS, ET returns

Ep 40

• MS finds out that DY/JH like each other and are dating.  JH tries to explain himself but MS tells him that he should have told him and leaves.  HH overhears their talk, JH goes after MS who thinks that JH was mocking him, JH says no to that it was hard due to the relationship complications and he did not want to fight with him etc.  MS is still not accepting JH’s reasons and drives away.
  • MS calls DY saying that he is on his way to her, JH goes to the room and sees the game he is a bit sad.  MS talks about JH to DY, questioning why she could not like him etc.  DY says she likes JH a lot and asks that he let her go etc.  MS is in tears stating how he is feeling and leaves.  HH tells JH what she thinks about the whole issue with JH/DY/MS, who tells her to keep out of it.
  • HS tells YH that he met & spoke to ET, YH says that she felt sorry for ET etc. & starts self-blaming.  HS says she is not to talk nonsense and that ET will return, later HS/MY talk about ET/YH.
  • ET visits his father’s graveside, he tells him about ES/YH, that he loves them and that he won’t run away etc. he leaves.
  • JJH receives a call from MY who tries to reassure her of ET’s return, she tells her that ET spoke to HS.  MY stops by the house and listens to JJH who states that she does not care for ES etc.  MY tells JJH that ES is ET’s daughter, JJH does not believe this and gets upset.  MY tries to reason with her, it seems that JJH says that she will think about it.
  • It’s a happy reunion between ES/ET in her room, YH is informed via text by HH.  ET goes to see YH who seems upset but he is trying to make her smile.  They talk in his office, she starts blaming herself saying sorry etc. ET is light in his agreement but is thoughtful saying that while he had confidence being Nice Ajusshi to ES he did not have confidence as ES’s real father and what his thoughts were regarding this. He suggest that they eat etc. to lighten the mood.
  • DY/HH end up meeting in a bookshop, they talk a bit and get texts from their parents causing them to laugh.  They have a meal in which HH tells DY of JH’s inexperience in dating, DY defends JH and uses an excuse to get out of the talk.  HH got what she wanted which was to find out if DY really liked JH, says that MS should give up as it was the case.
  • ET comes home, greets everyone happily with an upset JJH.  ET goes to his room to which JJH asks if ET is going to tell her anything but he does not and uses the fact that he needed some air as an excuse.
  • ES comes home to a happy welcome by the family.
  • SH/KS leave for work, WAM talks to her friend about getting the café from MY and how she could tell KS etc.
  • MS is still upset with JH and is not speaking to him.  HH contacts MS and tries to help.  Later she tries to make a deal with MS about JH/DY and it backfires.
  • JH/DY are on a date, they talk a bit and JH tells her not to worry much with what’s happening.
  • Gossipy lady finds out about WAM’s visit to MY, she later tries to tell SH as to her suspicions regarding WAM’s actions.  SH does not believe it, saying its rumors and leaves. WAM/KS meet and talk a bit, she mentions the cafe and receiving it from MY.  KS gets upset with her, who tries to reason with him saying it was for his sake etc. as an excuse.  KS rejects her excuse and defends SH etc. he at this time does not let SH know about this as I think he is hoping that WAM would reject it.
  • CSW goes to the hospital to ask YH permission to see ES one last time, ET sees them and tells CSW no. JJH is at the hospital, she greets HS/ES but ES does not talk to her leaning closer to HS. YH/ET talk about CSW & ES, they have changed their mind to not let ES see CSW looking on it from ES’s/child ET’s perspective in doing so as to their thoughts.  So ES will meet CSW.
  • CSW/ES have a last visit at the amusement center to which he tells ES that he is not happy when she is sick, wants her to be healthy etc. it’s a touching talk between them ending in a hug and ES’s return home.  CSW tells YH sorry etc. but she scolds him for his actions and walks away.
  • During this time at the hospital, ET/YH are talking about ES and all that has happened so far and what he wants to do next.  ET says he wants everything including marriage to YH, she replied that he should think carefully as to what this entails.
  • MS father calls MY, they talk.  MS did not stop by the house which has HS questioning it but JH covers for him while MY is thinking about the call.  MY asks JH for a meet at work, HS accepts the excuse.
  • MY/CK meet at YL Group to talk, she sees JH who greets her but CK is upset with him.  JH tells MY that he and DY like each other a lot and are dating, he also lets her know that MS also likes DY, is aware of their relationship and is very upset. MY tries to accept this but also states MS’s position, JH defends his case regarding the whole situation and seem to ask a favor from MY.

Preview

• JH/MS come close to fighting in front of the house
  • There is a board meeting with MS/MY with a contract presented
  • JJH meets HS/ES
  • KS tells SH about WAM’s actions after she suggested doing something nice for her.

Thoughts

MS, we have given you 3 days to get over it, plus HH stop thinking you are a master player when you are in fact a guppy. I would have understood if it was a deceitful act between JH/DY but they were never from the start and they never mocked MS for his feelings for her.  What it boils down to at present is MS’s ego is hurt and not his feelings so much it’s about winning and that is what I cannot accept from MS. All 3 are virgins/newbies in terms of relationships so there is bound to be mistakes, however, there was no cheating apart from not telling the other person the identity of who the person they liked it just boils down to MS's first serious like for someone other than MY and his ego of losing to someone who he thinks is below him as well as JH/DY trying to handle being a couple with the various familial connection complexities and knowing each other.  As for MY's call, I think the next episode should let us know the result of that talk between MS father and MY.

I liked how ET stated why he left and what he was going through to YH, it also gave viewers clarity that being Nice Ajusshi is different from being ES’s bio father and the confidence in knowing if you can or cannot do this is important.  He wants everything now, yet YH is the one who puts on the brakes letting him know what that entails because she does not want him leaving again due to this.  YH wants ET to be completely sure of the direction he wants both of them to take together as she will be there for him.  I am glad that he chose not to tell JJH anything as this means that he is not ready to confide in her as he is just sorting himself out and to do that it has to be with YH and not her.  I liked KS in this episode showing his maturity here to WAM that though he loves his mother he is not a mama’s boy but SH’s husband.

I find the meet between JH/DY and JJH ridiculous because its not like they are in their teens, they are adults and JH is acting somewhat fearful of JJH its not a good thought.  If one is to go through logistics, I think JJH/CK were married by close to DY/JH’s age so this scene was stupid.

Please have HH, DY doing something productive very soon right now they feel a bit like fillers especially HH.

Until the next episode, take care and gone for now.

Thanks chasen8888 for the summary , as always. I don't even bother to watch the drama now. Just contented with reading the summary to see how it ends since I am 4/5 through it.

It's not that I want to pick on ET but rather, I am puzzled by writernim's portrayal of ET's character. Many of you can understand and root him through thick and thin but I can't and I am not familiar or much impressed by this actor (his uneasy and stiff expressions at times) so I just state what's on my mind. No hard feelings to ET's fans.

It's like how some of you commented negatively on HH or MS because you dislike the character(s). Does it mean you don't enjoy the drama with yor comments? No, you will still do as there are other stories to follow.

To enjoy a drama, we have to express both our likes and dislikes about any character to release our discontentments. Even if ET is a famous and well-respected actor in S.Korea and he's the main lead in a drama, nobody can force another to accept him right?

From the summary, "He wants everything now, yet YH is the one who puts on the brakes letting him know what that entails because she does not want him leaving again due to this.  YH wants ET to be completely sure of the direction ..." 

Isn't this what I was thinking aloud in my previous comment? I can read YH's mind and we do think alike. YH is not buying ET's sweet talk at this moment. Those of you who are thinking that ET is absolutely blameless and YH should accept ET's proposal right away should question her why she's picking on ET now. 

Many of you will have many viewpoints and be looking at things from different angles. I am just looking from my own perspective too. I welcome any comment upon every character of a drama and read it like I would in Literature. But this 50 ep is a little long and dragging so I am not very enthusiastic now. 

@newyee, it doesn’t sound to me from the summary that YH is picking on ET. She just wants him to be certain about the choice he is making. I get the impression that she does this because she loves him and doesn’t want him to decide without considering how his life will change. I’m sure YH remembers JJH telling her that ET never wanted a family and kids. She’s certainly doing the right thing by encouraging ET to think some more about his decision. 

9 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@newyee, it doesn’t sound to me from the summary that YH is picking on ET. She just wants him to be certain about the choice he is making. I get the impression that she does this because she loves him and doesn’t want him to decide without considering how his life will change. I’m sure YH remembers JJH telling her that ET never wanted a family and kids. She’s certainly doing the right thing by encouraging ET to think some more about his decision. 

Yep also she just got out of a marriage that she regrets, its a good thing to ask since it such a big decision.

Like she mention before she wants to do everything right now.

7 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Maybe I shouldn't use the word 'picking' but doubting that ET really wants it and will he run away again, being fearful of his upcoming commitment. That's why I think he should continue the courtship further to ascertain if that's what he really wants and able to handle. 

1 hour ago, chasen8888 said:

Thoughts

MS, we have given you 3 days to get over it, plus HH stop thinking you are a master player when you are in fact a guppy. I would have understood if it was a deceitful act between JH/DY but they were never from the start and they never mocked MS for his feelings for her.  What it boils down to at present is MS’s ego is hurt and not his feelings so much it’s about winning and that is what I cannot accept from MS. All 3 are virgins/newbies in terms of relationships so there is bound to be mistakes, however, there was no cheating apart from not telling the other person the identity of who the person they liked it just boils down to MS's first serious like for someone other than MY and his ego of losing to someone who he thinks is below him as well as JH/DY trying to handle being a couple with the various familial connection complexities and knowing each other.  As for MY's call, I think the next episode should let us know the result of that talk between MS father and MY.

I do not agree with regard to DY, MS, and JH. From the start DY should have told MS that she was in love with another man, and therefore could not go out with him, and even that JH was her boyfriend. At one point, she should have said that it would cause problems because both are from the same family. Attention, I'm not saying that MS is right because after all, everyone is free to love the person he wants. MS not knowing it, may well think that they have made fun of him. and yes, let's not forget that the two boys have all the same become quite close. In conclusion, this kind of situation leads to misunderstandings that lead to further misunderstandings. For me it's their fault for all three.

6 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I do not agree with regard to DY, MS, and JH. From the start DY should have told MS that she was in love with another man, and therefore could not go out with him, and even that JH was her boyfriend. At one point, she should have said that it would cause problems because both are from the same family. Attention, I'm not saying that MS is right because after all, everyone is free to love the person he wants. MS not knowing it, may well think that they have made fun of him. and yes, let's not forget that the two boys have all the same become quite close. In conclusion, this kind of situation leads to misunderstandings that lead to further misunderstandings. For me it's their fault for all three.

She does not have to tell him anything it was never his place to pry into her private life especially when he was the boss.

Not sure why KBS not been updating its website with written or video preview.

Here is preview for E41 from instagram.

Love this scene when EunTae meets EunSu, the first time as daddy :wub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N31SRoXrhtE

Not able to embed youtube video? Oh dear. Due to licensing am not able to upload to YT too.

@newyee thanks for explaining your intent. Understand. :smile: sometimes language and choice of words could cause misunderstanding.  Watching a drama.. sometimes need to also wait a little while to see whats going on.  Take care and enjoy your weekend.

37 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I think a woman can turn down a man without using her boyfriend as a reason. If she doesn’t return his feelings, why isn’t she allowed to tell the guy she doesn’t feel the same way about him or she cannot accept his feelings? It’s scary to me that the person rejecting the unwanted advances or feelings of another is not allowed to simply say she cannot accept his feelings without explaining herself away. No means no. It’s clear, concise and allows no wiggle room for misunderstanding.

Furthermore, MS understood that DY rejected him but continued to force his attention on her. Instead of respecting her answers, he kept bothering her. She even told him that she didn’t want to give him any hope because she knew she would never date him. How many times must she explain herself before MS stopped harassing her? 

DY also just found out in last weekend’s episode that JH and MS has some sort of connection outside of work. She didn’t know anything about this. Considering how patient and understanding she has been with MS, I give her a lot of credit because in her place I would have lost my temper a long time ago. JH also just found out that MS liked DY and was going to settle things with him but MS found out first.

I agree wholeheartedly with @chasen8888‘s assessment. I haven’t seen the episode yet but I saw the clips and quite frankly MS didn’t disappoint my expectations. I knew that his behavior would exactly mirror what happened. A leopard can’t change it’s spots so easily. I knew his first reaction would be about his ego/pride. What I wasn’t sure about is the way JH would react because I didn’t want to see him behave like HS and MY who tries to protect MS’ feelings even constantly worrying about his feelings (even when he’s in the wrong) as if he’s not a grown man and should experience disappointments like everyone else.

30 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

She does not have to tell him anything it was never his place to pry into her private life especially when he was the boss.

They start off as match-making partners but without MS' knowledge. Only MY, CK and DY know about it. When MS finds out that DY is aware of it but continues to stay in his office, that's how complications start. I think DY owes him a better explanation if she wants a clean cut from him but her past experience of a one-sided love withholds her for fear of hurting MS. Among the three, JH is the 'most innocent'. He's just a little late to own up to MS. MS feels hurt that someone he has started to call bro (to stiff boss) is not honest about it although he has shared his unrequited love with JH. 

I've just caught a drama with MS acting as a supporting role, as a young detective, in 'Chae Yong 2, the paranormal detective, ep 6'. He's pretty good here. It's a haunted story about the beautiful friendship of 4 girls. Perhaps you guys will like MS a little after watching this drama. :D

@newyee, even though DY came to YL Group through her father’s intentions, it doesn’t change the fact that DY has repeatedly rejected MS after he confessed his feelings. She made herself abundantly clear and we know MS got it because he said so two different times at the Park’s house. DY is her own person. No matter what her father and MS agreed to, it doesn’t change the fact that she has the right to make her own decisions. I don’t get the impression that her decision to stay at YL Group should have given MS any encouragement. She loved her job and was doing well at it. He saw this. Moreover, the fact that as soon as she found out about his feelings she decided not to renew her contract should have been a clear signal to MS. He got it too because he confronted her about it and she expounded further on her reason by confessing she has a boyfriend. However, that didn’t end things because he continued to badger her whenever he could as if her feelings would just magically change. Gah, I can’t even begin to understand these types of persistent people.

Of course after all this, without listening to JH he will play the role of the victim. If I was in DY’s place I would tell him I didn’t tell you it was JH because I was afraid you would abuse your power against him like you did in the past. Heh. That might help him see how his past actions impacted his subordinates.

53 minutes ago, newyee said:

They start off as match-making partners but without MS' knowledge. Only MY, CK and DY know about it. When MS finds out that DY is aware of it but continues to stay in his office, that's how complications start. I think DY owes him a better explanation if she wants a clean cut from him but her past experience of a one-sided love withholds her for fear of hurting MS. Among the three, JH is the 'most innocent'. He's just a little late to own up to MS. MS feels hurt that someone he has started to call bro (to stiff boss) is not honest about it although he has shared his unrequited love with JH. 

I've just caught a drama with MS acting as a supporting role, as a young detective, in 'Chae Yong 2, the paranormal detective, ep 6'. He's pretty good here. It's a haunted story about the beautiful friendship of 4 girls. Perhaps you guys will like MS a little after watching this drama. :D

I don’t think DY owes MS any explanation. She has always behaved professionally at work, denied that she stayed on the job because she likes him, and rejected him very clearly when he professed his feelings. MS is the one who has been imagining things and badgering her despite countless rejections. When a girl says NO she means NO. What is so difficult to understand about this word? I really hate it when people behave this way, whether in dramas or real life. You have to respect the other party’s choice and decision. And what is it about NO that MS doesn’t understand? I don’t see why DY has to tell him who her bf is. I haven’t seen the episode yet but I really think MS should work on deflating his ego a little. He just cannot believe that DY will not like someone as good as him. 

And I think those of us who are objecting to MS’s actions have nothing against the actor. It is MS’s actions that we are uncomfortable with.

@joonminfan, so true. Quite frankly I hardly see the actors and really just see the characters. My problem with MS has always been the way he treats others, the way he looks down on others, and the way he never sees when he’s wrong. To this day I haven’t seen him have a thought of apology towards anyone including MY. Meanwhile, of the three for instance, we see how sad DY was over the prospect of hurting another person, we see JH practically in tears (after he saw and endured enough) over having to ask his father to stop his relationship with MY because of MS’ actions. When will MS care about hurting others? I’m waiting for the day when he understands feelings like these and show “real” change. Not superficial change. 

Ep 40 w/o subs:

Again.  HotDoc returned from Africa because wanted DrDaughter and Kiddo.  NOW... there is a biological link and he is conflicted?  HotDoc wants to marry DrDaughter because Kiddo is his bio-daughter?  It's just weak.  Would have been better if he was thrilled, but Writer needed to draw things out a bit.  Done.  Let's move on.  

NastyNoona is changing her nasty tune?  About time.  

The two boys dueling over the same girl's affections.  Done before.  If the girl likes one, then game-over.  But, it's KDrama so she may marry the one she doesn't like and pine for the one that got away.  Seen that happen too, but probably not on this series.  RichPlayer will relent.  

Waiting for Ep 41 & both episodes to be subbed.  

You guys are the best - LOVE reading all the comments, really adds to the viewing experience.

MS has been a lonely person who neither belongs to the upper class nor lower. Can be seen from him steering clear of stiff boss and his gang of rich chaebols and also from his initial snobbish character. Yes, he has flaws, just like ET who pulls the pure and innocent JH by his collar over nothing and hiding from him that he will get married ahead of him after JJH states her detest for family entanglements or dynamics, instead of planning how to help this little bro of YH and his favourite niece.

Besides MY, DY is the second person whom MS likes and can trust enough to tell her not to ignore him like the rest of them which DY complies. She stays by him at the park to give him some advice and shows concern when she learns about MY/MS dispute. As love always starts with friendship, I think that's where MS finds hope in DY. She only tells him about her love interest upon resigning. So I don't think MS is forcing himself on DY at first but is giving themselves a chance to develop their feelings.

Besides DY, JH is the third person whom MS can warm up to and likes him as a brother. Imagine his shock when he learns the truth.

So let's step into his shoes and view from his perspective and give him some time to get over the disappointment and feeling of betrayal by his two closest friends. His behaviour may seem hostile now but that's how kdrama characters react, even for goody-two-shoes such as ET. MS will emerge as a better person and foster stronger kinship/friendship with JH later.

I enjoy reading all the comments here too. It's like having teachers to mark my literature scripts over my character analysis...haha.

I like all 3 of them, DT/JH/MS and I agree MS wasn't very mature in handling DY's rejection. However, I think it's understandable he feels betrayed by JH.

DY did not need to tell MS she was dating JH because she did not know about the complicated family relationship, nor does she have any relationship (neither friendship nor romance) with MS, apart from work. Her rejection of MS is her prerogative and should be accepted by him, with or without existence of JH.

JH on the other hand, should not have waited so long to tell MS, and ended up having him find out by himself. If he didn't know MS felt anything for DY, he would have been innocent. However, he not only deduced it, he went to ask MS about it.

He now has a friendship of sorts with MS and not mentioning at the point when he clarified with MS, could be attributed to shock but he took way too long.

The day he asked MS over and imagined telling MS but ended up not doing it was when the tide turned, because MS confided in him about DY, showing trust. Yet he listened and kept quiet, knowing that's his girlfriend they are talking about.

If MS has been trying to build a friendship with JH, knowing JH wasn't reciprocating, JH could have been excused but it was a mutual friendship they were building. I don't think it's fair to expect MS to be chill about it, because from his POV, there's no excuse for JH to keep quiet about something so important.

17 minutes ago, chubbz said:

I like all 3 of them, DT/JH/MS and I agree MS wasn't very mature in handling DY's rejection. However, I think it's understandable he feels betrayed by JH.

DY did not need to tell MS she was dating JH because she did not know about the complicated family relationship, nor does she have any relationship (neither friendship nor romance) with MS, apart from work. Her rejection of MS is her prerogative and should be accepted by him, with or without existence of JH.

JH on the other hand, should not have waited so long to tell MS, and ended up having him find out by himself. If he didn't know MS felt anything for DY, he would have been innocent. However, he not only deduced it, he went to ask MS about it.

He now has a friendship of sorts with MS and not mentioning at the point when he clarified with MS, could be attributed to shock but he took way too long.

The day he asked MS over and imagined telling MS but ended up not doing it was when the tide turned, because MS confided in him about DY, showing trust. Yet he listened and kept quiet, knowing that's his girlfriend they are talking about.

If MS has been trying to build a friendship with JH, knowing JH wasn't reciprocating, JH could have been excused but it was a mutual friendship they were building. I don't think it's fair to expect MS to be chill about it, because from his POV, there's no excuse for JH to keep quiet about something so important.

I also didn’t like how the drama made it such that MS had to find out about DY/JH like that. Just a few episodes back JH and DY were having a discussion about telling the truth vs lies. I felt that JH should have told MS after he had the heart-to-heart frank discussion with DY. I can understand a little why he hesitated, especially after seeing how MS treated him and HH as siblings, because JH seemed like the sort who would rather not hurt someone’s feelings by telling them the truth. He definitely didn’t have bad intentions, but his “consideration for MS’s feelings” has backfired big time. I just hope that the three of them can handle this like the mature adults they are. And I also hope that HS/MY don’t take sides. Let the kids handle this themselves.

Nobody is perfect, even someone like ET, but strength of character shows through a person’s actions after he/she has made a mistake. Let’s hope our beloved characters keep making the right choices and decisions. There are only 11 episodes left, so please, no more dragging of any unnecessary angst when things can be resolved with frank discussions and maybe a fistfight. :P

I just watch the subs and I understand a few things.  However in the case of DY, MS and JH, I am going to go through marry me now past episode memories.  Its strange, when its a show I like I can remember most of the content, however with studying and memory recall I literally suck at it.  By the way I am not defending any party just stating the case so here goes with a long post:

DY^_^:)

• In high school she met JH and liked him because he was popular and kind to her.  DY was an overweight outcast who was teased a lot by classmates which had a negative influence on her self esteem and confidence. However, she continued with her secret crush on JH who was her idol by secretly sending him encouragement post its which always came at the right time for him.
  • Years later, DY by chance met JH , finds that her idol has changed and not for the better as JH has been hardened by life realities.  Her life in the meantime consisted of going to several matchmaking dates organised by her parents specifically her mother.  As such DY had a challenge trying to connect the past JH to the present JH and needed to mature herself as she was protected by JJH for the most part.
  • CK the ambitious dad wants MY's wealth and to do this, he is of the belief that DY should marry MS.  DY is tired of the matchmaking but is persuaded to get to know MS through working at the same job as he and maybe she will fall for him.
  • DY had no intention of staying with the job, but changes her mind once she sees JH and decides to know if she will like the present JH.
  • DY went through the initial job headaches but she observes both MS and JH.  She especially observed MS treatment of JH which was of a bully, especially when she sees JH's efforts in getting accepted, learning the job etc. after a while although she was not impressed much by MS she started to dislike him.  At first DY did not take her part time seriously but while observing JH she began to and her feelings for him changed from a crush to a serious like because of the present him.  She also grew as a better person, starting to like herself and growing a backbone.
  • When MS found out about CK's scheme and they confronted each other - they both said that they did not like each other.  Also DY firmly told her family that she had no feelings for MS from early as she was starting to like JH.  This was later confirmed full when ET met JH who said something cool again to make her love him - if DY was sick what can you do for her?
  • DY being the kind person that she is, was there for MS at his lowest point by just being there and not saying anything.  However, DY has never thought of or called MS by his name but Team Mgr Choi in all cases, his name is like that on her phone.  While she thought of JH as JH, more so once she confirmed her own feelings for him.  DY no longer disliked MS but she did not like him either, she just thought he was okay and a bit sad.
  • However just as DY feelings changed for MS, so did his for her to a more serious like, in some ways he acted like a stalker to a two situations where DY clearly stated that he makes her uncomfortable.  For the most part, DY kept her relationship to MS as professional in spite of the family connection and her father’s wishes.
  • DY has several times told her family members that she has no feelings whatsoever for MS, she is not being sly with letting them know this.
  • DY has been doing well on the job and was considering extending her contract before the following occurred - (1) the elevator mishap (2) MS declaring that he likes her a lot.  During this time she and JH had finally declared their feelings for each other and were dating.:wub:
  • DY tried to use several diplomatic ways of rejecting MS and at the same time protecting JH.  She was empathetic to MS because she went through the same thing, her family connection to MY, and the fact that she is crazy for JH. Her solution was to leave the job - it was a clear rejection as she did not want to give MS hope nor knowing what JH went through with MS in the past she did not want JH to get in trouble.
  • DY was for the most part considerate of MS as she told him several times no, she likes someone else and that she has a boyfriend.
  • It's been agreed that DY should have told JH and when she did, it helped the couple sort out some things, but at the same time MS discovered the truth.
  • When MS found out that it was JH, he went to her as she confirmed her feelings for JH and requested that he lets her go – to which he said no to that.

My question is this, after all that DY has done to tell MS that she was never and will never be into him, what else could she do to make MS give up ?

JH:)^_^

•  JH met DY in high school but for the most part treated her with civility and kindness like he would to any other class mate.  JH’s dream was to be an idol, and he practiced like crazy so his focus was on his dream and not girls, hence he noticed them but did not notice them.  When JH felt down or frustrated or weak he could always rely on those pick me up post its that he received from DY who he did not know it was from her at the time.
  •  JH is now part of the working world, trying to get a full time job and it is very challenging for him as the criteria seem to take a more cursory note on substance/character and more on college branding, nepotism etc.   Hence he became disenchanted as its tough out there.
  • When JH met DY again, she started initially as an annoyance on his conscience and its not that he did not dislike her but she was an irritant when he was trying to fall within the lines of fitting in when its not true to his character.
  • The next time it was when DY started to work at YL Group, this was after MS manipulated the situation to get JH there as a form of revenge in giving him a hard time.   
  •  Both JH/DY went through the job woes with MS bullying, he trying to fit in and then the parents relationship making things challenging.  However, JH noticed that DY was always there to give him the support that he needs and he wanting to be better than he was through hard work.
  • JH after a time was looking at DY in a more romantic light even though he did not realize it as this is his first relationship.  I think it was when it seem that if/when DY seem mad at him, him not knowing how to fix it and seeking a lot of advice from his supervisor how to do so because it scares him when DY got mad at him.
  •  It became more so when he discovered that both the past DY and the present are the same person, especially when she defended herself against the bullies.  JH thanked DY for all that she did for him when they were in high school and then his feelings took root.
  • As a newbie JH did not know how to change his relationship with DY from a co-worker to a girlfriend, he sought advice but at the same time was messing up with the conflicting actions to DY upsetting her as she did not know what he was feeling,
  •  The impetus – ET who saw JH following her and he finding to courage to tell her that he likes her etc and wants them to date, which she agreed to.:wub:
  •  DY/JH are just starting their relationship when MS realizes that he cares for DY romantically.  The couple is going fairly okay, when DY all of a sudden quits her job without discussing it with him though he supports whatever she wants to do and does not tell him about MS.
  • Certain things led to his suspicions and misunderstandings, until he got some clarity (i) MS admitting to liking someone and getting rejected (ii) DY’s departure (iii) he confirming from MS that the person that he likes was DY after she left the job.  Once JH found out it became slightly complicated with the family dynamics and MS being nice to him so far, how should he tell him.
  •  Then JH was not feeling completely confident of DY’s feelings for him even though she chose him because she did not tell him and she wanted to be perfect to him for the most part.  When the couple got rid of their misunderstanding in relation to that, JH said that he will tell MS, however MS found out at that point.

When was the right time for JH to tell MS?  At office, how, when he has not spoken to DY as yet when she did not tell him either and MS saying that he did not want this info to get out?

Finally MS<_<

•  MS for the most part has been a selfish entitled prick with some decent aspects about him. He is good at reading and seeing people personalities, can be there to provide support if needed, works hard and does not make fun of people’s past or secrets
  •  MS is a lonely person and an ambitious one as well which appeals to CK's desires. 
  •  MS did not like JH nor DY at first as – JH tends to get the better of him and he feels that JH is below him, hence the bullying as he knows that he could get away with it and JH is at a serious disadvantage .  DY – because she seem to be an impudent brat.
  • After a while MS feelings towards them change due to their respective actions, JH in trying to keep the fact that MY is not his birth mother a secret out of consideration for another's feelings, trying to be a big brother etc. and DY who is just there when he needs her.
  •  JH – to a more brotherly feeling especially with the family dynamics and DY to a romantic one.  But when he realizes his feelings for DY, it was too late as DY had started to date JH, she never saw him in that light at all.  To make matters worse, he was clearly rejected and tried several ways to impress her of his sincerity but she was not having it.
  • When he got drunk and admitted to being rejected – JH did not know it was DY but he was sympathetic to him.
  •  When MS confirmed to JH that he liked DY, he asked JH not to say anything and to be considerate.
  • When JH wanted to tell him at home that he was the one dating MS. MS was musing aloud as to the type of person that DY liked which made JH feel uncomfortable and conflicted in how to tell him.
  • When the couple made cleared the misunderstanding, MS found out and it was late as they had just decided to come out in the open about their relationship to MS.

Result – MS feelings are hurt, and so was his ego.  I think MS could have tolerated losing DY to just about anyone except JH.  My reasoning for stating this is because of the discussion whereby he was musing aloud as to the person that DY likes, it appears that he was approaching giving up stage.  But once he found out it was JH and that JH knew that he liked DY and did not tell him it became something else, it was not about DY but more in the line of winning.

That is why I made that earlier assessment regarding MS. MS could have gone through a few days of feeling upset but he was not being considerate of DY nor looking at the big picture in terms of JH, MY and the family.

From the last scene with MY/JH this is clearly what JH is doing in trying to resolve this, MS is trying to make things worse and not better.  However, what he should look at is how DY will look at him then?  JJH does not want him as part of her family, neither do DY plus JJH looks at JH more favorably than MS until she finds out the YH/ET connection.  By the way CK  is a liar and a dangerous one at that.

HH’s actions to me was more in lines of testing MS as to where his loyalties lie towards the family or towards himself.  Though it seem to have backfired, it was easy for her to play a game like that with DY but MS is different she is bound to lose if she played with him as he understands her character a lot.

I found MY’s assessment of JJH interesting in that she called her naive, which explains her closed view of how the world works and when you listen to the conversation you understand what MY meant.  In that, it never occurred to JJH that could be another way that YH could have gotten pregnant with ET’s child, yet she on the board of the hospital.  Her assumption is of an affair which in a way is typical of her.

Gone for now, its approaching by bed time.  Take care

Archived