Oh Yeon Soo 오연수

koalabear

trivia guys...i'm not sure but OH YEON was part of top 20 sexiest actors/actress in mbc...she ranked top 12. part of the list were rain, lee hyo ri, jang dong gun, kwon sang woo..etc....i was surprised to see her name at first but i think her bikini scene in bittersweet life cause a stir and was once the most searchable topic in korea...she looks so awesome in that scene..she was shy to talk about bec she's modest!!!

her fashion sense is really cool!!!

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nokaki

trivia guys...i'm not sure but OH YEON was part of top 20 sexiest actors/actress in mbc...she ranked top 12. part of the list were rain, lee hyo ri, jang dong gun, kwon sang woo..etc....i was surprised to see her name at first but i think her bikini scene in bittersweet life cause a stir and was once the most searchable topic in korea...she looks so awesome in that scene..she was shy to talk about bec she's modest!!!

really? she deserved it. the sexiest part about her were her eyes, lips & of coz her smile. she looks sexy, adorable & tender as TR in bad guy- omg my OYs u'r really something :phew: what a hot aura :wub:

Please... Can someone translate hers interview on SBS Aug 5? I really really curious what they talking about!!!

was that the same interview (SBS) that I posted which was dated August 6? I think I made some translations about it last time :)

does anyone knows where can i see Goodbye Sadness. hard to find the old cd. he looks young & pretty there

here is the Soompi thread for GS

dmzban02.jpg

By sassygirl17 at 2010-08-09

src:KBS

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55

I have the OST for the drama because a friend liked another lead actress from the series so I requested her to order it for me haha!, It's a weekend drama aired in 2005-2006 with 60 episodes which was originally from 50 (10 Episode extension). The drama was good but I think OYS character was too disappointing for me, since she played a character who can't let go of her first love who was now married but the family side of the drama was really good so I tuned in, luckily I had KBS World back then but I don't have it now, sadly T_T

never thought of it after reading your post, I guess because Bittersweet Life I think was the drama that made OYS popular because of her intense acting mainly due to the dark storyline, and the bikini scene was really a surprise! that after that particular episode aired, she was the hot topic in Korean Search Portals..she said that she was initially reluctant to do the scene but eventually she agreed but she went into a diet weeks before the shoot to prepare for that scene, same here I like her fashion sense, she really looks younger than her actual age ;)

was that the same interview (SBS) that I posted which was dated August 6? I think I made some translations about it last time :)

dmzban02.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55

I have the OST for the drama because a friend liked another lead actress from the series so I requested her to order it for me haha!, It's a weekend drama aired in 2005-2006 with 60 episodes which was originally from 50 (10 Episode extension). The drama was good but I think OYS character was too disappointing for me, since she played a character who can't let go of her first love who was now married but the family side of the drama was really good so I tuned in, luckily I had KBS World back then but I don't have it now, sadly T_T

never thought of it after reading your post, I guess because Bittersweet Life I think was the drama that made OYS popular because of her intense acting mainly due to the dark storyline, and the bikini scene was really a surprise! that after that particular episode aired, she was the hot topic in Korean Search Portals..she said that she was initially reluctant to do the scene but eventually she agreed but she went into a diet weeks before the shoot to prepare for that scene, same here I like her fashion sense, she really looks younger than her actual age ;)

i think by far her look in BAD GUY is the most attractive and alluring for her age..she suits the role very well!!! she did an awesome job!!!

Guest nokaki

was that the same interview (SBS) that I posted which was dated August 6?  I think I made some translations about it last time :)

dmzban02.jpg

http://www.soompi.co...hp?showtopic=55

seriously i dont like the bikini scene. i knw she wont do that but director wanted so. for me she always sexy n hot  wf her own way. :phew:

Guest nokaki

i think by far her look in BAD GUY is the most attractive and alluring for her age..she suits the role very well!!! she did an awesome job!!!

totally agree wf u :wub: miss the scenes GW_TR & of coz my Tae-ra :phew:

^ yes she won 2004 KBS Drama Awards Top Excellence Award (Actress)..it was one of my fave dramas as well. it's a drama with a touch of comedy, if you've seen Bad Guy first, you will see OYS unglamorous here with no make up and in ahjumma style but she can do comedy too. I think this was the first few "ahjumma" dramas that came out and actually I find these kind of dramas habit forming or addicting, similar to Queen Returns but honestly didn't enjoy QR that much..

73gh2.jpg

By sassygirl17 at 2006-08-07

2004 KBS Drama Awards streaming link

http://tieba.baidu.com/%E5%90%B4%E5%A6%8D%E7%A7%80/shipin/list/%B4%F3%C9%CD%F7%C8%D3%B0/

src; OYS Baidu

another recent interview

a8j751163.jpg

By sassygirl17 at 2010-08-10

a8j751162.jpg

a8j751161.jpg

[스타 토크쇼] 오연수, '나쁜 남자'로 또 한번 연상녀 신드롬

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype2.htm?ut=1&name=/news/entertainment/201008/20100810/a8j75116.htm

will find the time to translate this :)

lol, sr both you are reminding me every drama of OYS. yes, I watched it all ( no, properly not but enough for me to love her ^^ )

in Second proposal, she made me laugh a lot. I absolutely loved her role. oh many feelings about her.

Bittersweet life, I've watch it for several times since the day it was out. maybe ( 2 or 3 years ), it's the most drama I love and I think alot. besides, there also a drama called ( Woman in The Sun", ( have you guy watched it yet? ) I love it too

Guest nokaki

lol, sr both you are reminding me every drama of OYS. yes, I watched it all ( no, properly not but enough for me to love her ^^ )

in Second proposal, she made me laugh a lot. I absolutely loved her role. oh many feelings about her.

Bittersweet life, I've watch it for several times since the day it was out. maybe ( 2 or 3 years ), it's the most drama I love and I think alot. besides, there also a drama called ( Woman in The Sun", ( have you guy watched it yet? ) I love it too

woman in the sun? i never heard about that? what year is that? any link can i watch it ?

woman in the sun? i never heard about that? what year is that? any link can i watch it ?

maybe you misunderstood. I meant WOman in the Sun also a good drama I really liked as Bittersweet life ( about each member in the famiy ) . the main lead were Kim Ji Soo and Lee Han Na.

Here is the  newest HD interview of Oh Yeon Soo with SBS :

I've been watching this interview for so many times, eventhough I don't understand anything.  I really enjoy it though, guess it b/c of her smile, her youthful voice and friendly attitude.  This is an interview that I think all OYS fan should not misses. 

Thank Koalabear for brief english translation of the interview. 

I already miss OYS=TR in bad guy.  I want to watch more bad guy.  Today is the day I usually watch the raw, just to see her character.  Oh god! still deeply attracted to her character that I don't want to let go and in fact in the last couple of day I have rewatch bad guy, just to see her scene.  Well, enjoy the interview  if you haven't watch it yet.

maybe you misunderstood. I meant WOman in the Sun also a good drama I really liked as Bittersweet life ( about each member in the famiy ) . the main lead were Kim Ji Soo and Lee Han Na.

I have already  watched Woman In the Sun.  It another great K-drama.  The ending was kinda sad but compare to bad guy it at least better.  I'm still debating wether to watch bittersweet life or not because I know it will be another sad ending. 

I've been watching this interview for so many times, eventhough I don't understand anything.  I really enjoy it though, guess it b/c of her smile, her youthful voice and friendly attitude.  This is an interview that I think all OYS fan should not misses. 

I already miss OYS=TR in bad guy.  I want to watch more bad guy.  Today is the day I usually watch the raw, just to see her character.  Oh god! still deeply attracted to her character that I don't want to let go and in fact in the last couple of day I have rewatch bad guy, just to see her scene.  Well, enjoy the interview  if you haven't watch it yet.

Thank you Shaylaman for providing the HD link of the interview since I was looking for one for almost a week already. :)

This is one of my fave interviews of OYS since watching almost all her TV interviews for a while, I really thought that she was a really serious person in real life, maybe during acting of course but she has this positive vibe in her interviews, which shows her stress free lifestyle which I admire her of since she juggles multiple roles as an actress, mother and wife. It really helps also that she is closer to God since she is a devout Christian.

Here is another OYS Interview during her guesting on Sang Sang Plus last year, for the drama The Queen Returns

http://tieba.baidu.com/%E5%90%B4%E5%A6%8D%E7%A7%80/shipin/play/d6c847ef672cedf11d2a0063/

src: OYS Baidu

I think you should watch Bittersweet Life, it's a good drama all in all, though I kinda expected the ending already since I got the chance to start the thread for that drama 2 yrs ago but I haven't bring myself as well to watch it again since it left me really sad, but for sure I'll give time to watch it again

thanks so much. I has been looking for it these days.

I don't understand their conversation too, can someone know Korean translate please?? I start learning Korea in order to know what she said :))

I have already watched Woman In the Sun. It another great K-drama. The ending was kinda sad but compare to bad guy it at least better. I'm still debating wether to watch bittersweet life or not because I know it will be another sad ending.

I know it was a sad ending ( I meant Woman In The Sun ) but I think it was acceptable to make SHin Do Young leaving like that. If I was her, I would choose the death too. maybe it was the best way for anyone like her to save her from the real life.

about Bittersweet Life. You know, I have been thinking about that drama for 3 years. each word from the script, each word they said I even think carefully. the ending I always ask myself. Why he had to do that? and how Yoon Hye Jin lived after that? I think Bittersweet Life had the best film script.

You are welcome koalabear and melody-06.  I can't access the interview on SBS website.  So, I search everywhere for it and there I find it on youtube.

Koalabear thank you so much for telling me more about Oh Yeon Soo.  I really wanted to know more about her since I really like her now.  Please, continue to update on Oh Yeon Soo activities, such as film or interview.  Thank U!

About the interview, since I'm not fluent nor good in Korean I just got to understand some bits of the interview

-she was happy and thankful to the overwhelming attention that she receives right now due to the drama Bad Guy, some had commented that her popularity as a more experienced/veteran actress can be compared to an idol (since younger generation of actors/singers are popular these days). She was even surprised at the age range of her visitors in her homepage (one example was a fan in his/her 20s) and at the beginning of the clip she really had the crowd approaching her since she's really pretty and accommodating that one fan even gave her a note

- She started as a CF(TV ad)model for a Chocolate brand in 1988 and then auditioned in MBC's Open Audition a year after which led her to start her acting career in 1990. She auditioned for she wanted to go to College (didn't get to understand this part) and initially wanted to be a writer as acting didn't crossed her mind back then. One of her earliest roles was in the hit drama, Eyes of Dawn (1991)

- She also told a story about her married life with fellow actor Son Ji-chang

hope this helps but there are more actually said in the interview that I enjoyed watching it. I must now resume watching Bad Guy to see her good acting :)

@Melody here is the brief translation of the SBS Interview. I just quoted it (my own post lol!) since I posted it a few days ago :)

@Shaylaman, you're welcome, I admit this is the only time that the thread has gotten active posters since creating it years ago but it's nice to meet new fans and to share something about OYS. You can back track previous posts to know more about her

i dont miss a day in checking this thread...coz i'm always curious if she has a new drama or tv appearances!!! hope to see her soon in a drama where she's the lead star..i think bec of the way she portrayed the role of tae-ra in bad guy she'll get good offers soon!! so it will be crucial for her to choose her next project

@henya same here I hope to see her lead a drama again, though she did last year but I think her role prior to Bad Guy wasn't that satisfying to me though when she plays supporting roles, she still does well in it like in Jumong or here in Bad Guy, hopefully she won't get typecasted though in a femme fatale role, though I won't mind as long as she gives a good performance. I'll do my best to update you guys. I actually check out news about her first thing I log-in to the internet to share it here :)

Archived