[Drama 2018] Eulachacha Waikiki 으라차차 와이키키

Go Seung Ji

JTBC Presents

Eulachacha Waikiki

으라차차 와이키키

Director

Lee Chang-Min

(Man to Man, Remember, Birth of a Beauty)

Writer

Kim Ki-Ho, Song Ji-Eun, Song Mi-So

Episodes: 20 

Broadcast Period

2018-Feb-05 to 2018-April-17, Mon and Tue 23:00

Plot

Kang Dong-Goo (Kim Jung-Hyun) dreams of becoming a movie director, but he is cynical due to bad luck. Cheon Joon-Ki (Lee Yi-Kyung) wanted to follow in his father's footsteps and become an actor, but he is now just a minor actor. Bong-Doo-Sik (Son Seung-Won) came to Seoul to become a scenario writer, but things have not been easy for him.

These 3 men run the guest house Waikiki in Itaewon, South Korea. Their guest house is facing bankruptcy and then a mysterious baby and single mother appear at Waikiki.

Production Information

"Eulachacha Waikiki" took over the JTBC Mon and Tue 23:00 time slot previously occupied by "Just Between Lovers."

Cast

Kim Jung-Hyun - Kang Dong-Goo

Kim Jung-hyun stars as “icon of misfortune Kang Dong-gu,” who dreams of becoming a movie director. He wants to be the next Bong Joon-ho, but he’s only book-smart and not very streetwise, and always ends up on the losing end because he has a soft heart. He was once a promising young director who swept the awards at short film festivals, but the film world turned out to be very harsh, and his constant stream of misfortunes has turned him cynical.

Lee Yi-Kyung - Cheon Joon-Ki

Lee Yi-kyung (Go Back Spouses) will play “crazy troublemaker actor Chun Joon-ki,” the shameless, cunning, but lovable friend who’s always getting the trio into some new mess. His father is a famous A-list actor, and so he dreams of following in his footsteps, but in reality he’s a glorified extra who’s barely making a subsistence living. It’s his bright idea to run a guesthouse in order to earn money to produce their own film, and convinces his two best friends of the scheme… which is where it all starts to go wrong.

Son Seung-Won - Bong-Doo-Sik

Son Seung Won plays “the fox that’s like a bear, Bong Doo-shik.” He’s an unemployed freelance writer who came up to Seoul to be a screenwriter, but ends up spending all of his time doing part-time gigs writing stuff for other people. He’s kind and mild-tempered, but also sly and quick-thinking when the situation calls for it.

Jung In-Sun - Yoon-A

Jung In-Sun plays Yoon-A. Her character is a mysterious single mother and she suddenly appears at the guest house Waikiki.

Go Won-Hee - Kang Seo-Jin

Go Won-Hee plays Kang Seo-Jin. She is the younger sister of Kang Dong-Goo (Kim Jung-Hyun)and she is preparing to become a reporter.

Lee Joo-Woo - Min Soo-A

Lee Joo-Woo plays Min Soo-A. She is the ex-girlfriend of Kang Dong-Goo. She works as a model for an internet shopping mall. She is also easily deceived.

Source: Asianwiki | Dramawiki  | Koreandrama 

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Eulachacha Waikiki 으라차차 와이키키 - Kim Jung Hyun, Lee Yi Kyung, Son Seung Won - Premiere on 5th of February
  • Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the second teaser!!!!! This show looks like it will be sooo fun. It kind of has a 3 men and a baby vibe? Has anyone seen that movie? It's a pretty old one. Anyway, it looks like our three men might have to take care of the baby on several occassions and I love that! All of the 3 stooges high jinks have me rolling and I love how it looks like the women in this drama are not pushovers

Thank you so much for all the information @Go Seung Ji!

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

and yet, would it be a kdrama without touching moments that pull surprising tears from its viewers?

Oh my gosh, i know right! One reason I love Kdramas and simultaneously rage at them. Why are you making me cry romantic comedy show! Why!

The cast couldn't match my liking more!

Son Seung-won, our Im Sung-min from "Age of Youth", was the one who pulled me to "Waikiki", because I don't know Kim Jung-hyun and I have only watched Lee Yi-kyung in "Mirror of the Witch". And when the female leads were announced I was delighted: Go Won-hee is one of my favourite actresses, I've been loving her since "Cruel Palace", where she was a fantastic queen; Jung In-sun, what a scene-stealer from "Mirror of the Witch" episode 1!  I got really interested in her after her superbe performance. And Lee Joo-woo was really cute as Ayako in "Snowy Road".

This is all to say that this is a dream cast for me. I just hope someone realeses English subs.

On 1/25/2018 at 2:58 PM, V said:

I love the second teaser!!!!! This show looks like it will be sooo fun. It kind of has a 3 men and a baby vibe? Has anyone seen that movie? It's a pretty old one. Anyway, it looks like our three men might have to take care of the baby on several occassions and I love that! All of the 3 stooges high jinks have me rolling and I love how it looks like the women in this drama are not pushovers

I loved that movie too, this drama looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Viki has a fan channel for this drama https://www.viki.com/tv/35738c-waikiki, if you all get a chance, please request it

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/. Even if will not be available in your region, I'm sure you will be able to watch it.

6 hours ago, evie7 said:

Viki has a fan channel for this drama https://www.viki.com/tv/35738c-waikiki, if you all get a chance, please request it

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/. Even if will not be available in your region, I'm sure you will be able to watch it.

I just requested it on Viki! And I followed it on Viki as well. I hope it gets picked up!

16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

really hope that this has a good script, and plenty of bromance bonding as well as with the female leads and the baby.

I hope for this and that it is a funny light little drama. I think JBTC owes one! This drama looks like it's what I need to watch at this time.

@V That baby is cute.  I don't know all babies are cute chingu until they grow up into teenagers.:tongue:

@triplem  Veiny arms? I'm always in favor of them naughty.png

I want one of those Hawaiian shirts. crazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gifThey are so festive, I haven't had one in years.

@chiyako92 I didn't realize that Jung In Sun was the actress from the first episode of Mirror of the Witch. She really did steal the show, I'm excited to see her in this drama.

I can't wait for this to air! This is totally going to be my stress reliever drama because KJH is actually perfect for cute/comedic scenes after seeing him in School 2017! 

And of course a good bromance is always a fun to watch :D

I've also been in a bit of a drama slump lately, so hopefully this and Radio Romance will cure it~

@triplem Okay, I checked the times and replied to you over in the Cross forum! But I'll mention it here too :).

It looks like Waikiki comes on at 23:00 so we should be able to pick it up after Radio Romance finishes! Yay! I don't think KBS2 goes over that often, so we should be able to start as it airs. If there is a delay it might only be like 5 minutes hopefully.

Is anyone over here following Misty? I need some more grown folk dramas in my life so I plan on watching that one too.

11 hours ago, triplem said:

I am expecting some fan service...ahahahah

Omo chingu naughty.pngI'm always in favor of fan service.

@V For sure I'm going to watch this one, I've  been thinking about picking  up Misty but

Spoiler

I'm watching a few Jdramas and am waiting for one to get subbed so I'm not sure. Part of me is saying I have no time and the pervy ahjumma in me has me thinking about that sexy handsome ahjussi Ji Jin Hee crazy-monkey-emoticon-121.gif I may try to fit it in.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Looks like a lot of fun! I wonder who’s going to be paired with who? 

@stroppyse Did the highlight video above show any indication of pairing ? 

i dont think there’s gonna be some romance involved (?) as the genre never stated romance as one of it? and even by watching the highlight,  i cant really tell if there’s will be a love line between donggu and yoona or other characters. Of course i would like for them to have some loveline/romance apart from comedy and sitcom itself. it’s just more fun if there’s some romance involved right? plus donggu and yoona would make a greatest couple out there :)

p/s: im just basically making my own assumption here so i hope im wrong! 

Honestly wouldn't care if there was romance or not, CAUSE BROMANCE IS THE BEST!

Just kidding, I would always love a bit or romance in anything especially if it's done lightly but correctly ^^ 

I'M READY FOR STRESS RELIEF!!!! (I have a big exam coming up the same week :bawling:

Edit: Well I guess I should've watched the long teaser first, cause there is definitively romance lol 

5 hours ago, mariposaazur said:

From the teaser it looks pretty funny. :D I really want this to be good! I need something hilarious and lovely to cure myself after the emotional roller coaster ride of Just Between Lovers. 

Word,  I'm so ready to watch this. I need it too.

Archived