Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Eulachacha Waikiki 으라차차 와이키키

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Looks like a lot of fun! I wonder who’s going to be paired with who? 

@stroppyse Did the highlight video above show any indication of pairing ? 

So much fun. I loved the highlight video. If a subbed version doesn't come out soon, I'll write up a translation of it.

To me, it looks as if there will be some romance in this drama:

Kim Jung Hyun will be dating Lee Joo Woo at the start of the drama, but she breaks up with him. After that, however, there may be a love line between Kim Jung Hyun and Han Yoon Ah.

Lee Yi Kyung is definitely going to have a hate that turns to love kind of thing with Go Won Hee who plays Kim Jung Hyun's little sister in the drama. He doesn't know she's KJH's sister when he hits on her apparently.

Son Seung Won may be the odd man out without any love line at all, since there is no interaction in the highlight reel with him and any of the women. However, if you look at the opening seating arrangement in the trailer, Lee Joo Woo walks over to him and casually slings an arm around him, so perhaps those two will become a couple as well?

Otherwise, Kim Jung Hyun is an aspiring movie director, though without any luck. Lee Yi Kyung wants to be a movie actor, but never made it any further than an extra. Son Seung Won wants to be a scriptwriter, but the only assignment he's offered is an erotic movie to pen which somehow leads him to the police station protesting his innocence. :lol:

Of the ladies, Lee Joo Woo is a model, Go Won Hee is trying to become a reporter, and Han Yoon Ah who is teh single mother is trying to do any and all work trying to make money.

This looks light-hearted, fun, and with plenty of eye candy. I'm really going to enjoy watching this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@necychessie @stroppyse Thanks loads Hoping for some romance. I’m actually happy that a single mum has a chance to find love again, considering all the stigma that society has put on unwed mothers. I cracked up when she nonchalantly breastfed in front of the rest & they were shocked. 

Can’t wait for this !! 

• Like 4

Honestly wouldn't care if there was romance or not, CAUSE BROMANCE IS THE BEST!

Just kidding, I would always love a bit or romance in anything especially if it's done lightly but correctly ^^ 

I'M READY FOR STRESS RELIEF!!!! (I have a big exam coming up the same week :bawling:

Edit: Well I guess I should've watched the long teaser first, cause there is definitively romance lol 

Edited by Siufey71
  • LOL 5

From the teaser it looks pretty funny. :D I really want this to be good! I need something hilarious and lovely to cure myself after the emotional roller coaster ride of Just Between Lovers. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, mariposaazur said:

From the teaser it looks pretty funny. :D I really want this to be good! I need something hilarious and lovely to cure myself after the emotional roller coaster ride of Just Between Lovers. 

Word,  I'm so ready to watch this. I need it too.

• Like 5

Okay it's on! We will live recap this one right after Radio Romance ends! There might be some overlap, but hopefully not too much (or any). 

The post isn't up yet, but It should go up about an hour before Waikiki airs.  

Here is our website: https://www.bah-doo.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Oh gosh that looks so fun XD 

The bummer is I might have to choose between this and Radio Romance to watch tonight :bawling:  

(but honestly I'll probably end up watching both, I mean who needs to study for exams and work on projects that are due tomorrow) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Y'all todays episode was so ridiculously hilarious. I was laughing so hard I couldn't even see straight let alone type. You have to check it out if you haven't had a chance to yet.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Siufey71 said:

I don't think I breathed when I was watching this Face With Tears of Joy on Samsung

It was hilarious 

5ONu20U.png?1

I about died when they had to change her diaper.

The baby store was just....

fwPqvT8.png

et9J1at.png    

These two are scarred for life crazy-monkey-emoticon-154.gif  

I can't wait for tomorrow's ep

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

YAY! Kim Jung Hyun or TAESWOON is back! His character here is already showing some Taeswoon vipe.  Been waiting with glee for his next project since I've got smitten by him in SCHOOL 2017 which to me is the number 1 drama of 2017. Was hoping to see him at the KBS Drama Awards 2017 red carpet walk but alas he didn't win the very competitive Best New Comer Award. However am glad he won the Best Newcomer Award as Mori in Rebel at the MBC Drama Awards 2017 which I missed as their red carpet is held indoors.

:wub:

The 1st episode really got me hooked and screaming with laughter! KJH and that adorable BABY are just TOO ADORABLE together! How can anyone ever resist such a cute and angelic baby? As a grandmum who has just helped raise my grand daughter from the 1st month to a bubbly and chatty 3 year old, I can REALLY RELATE TO THIS baby alright! Doing this while watching kdramas is just so enjoyable indeed. As an incentive my daughter lets me  travel to Koreavat least  twice a year. But I can only indulge in Kdrama one at a time. No multi dramas watching at the same time.:blush:

Lee Ik Kyeong whom I love in CKOTB (Swimming) & Battle Trips is also doing great here! He and KJH are killing me with their comedic timing and bromance.:heart:

BTW, did I hear KJH's voice singing the 1st OST?:heart:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

“Waikiki” Cast Picks Things To Look For In Their Drama

Kim-Jung-Hyun-Lee-Yi-Kyung-Song-Seung-Wo

JTBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Waikiki,” a drama that follows the story of three youths that run a guest house on the brink of closing down, aired its first episode on February 5 with its comical, fresh energy. The three main leads each shared how they felt about the drama and chose things to look out for going forward.

See Also: “Waikiki” Reveals Main Poster With 6 Youthful And Energetic Characters

Kim Jung Hyun transforms into the unlucky, aspiring film director Dong Goo, who is cynical yet kind. The actor commented, “Although the actors and staff are battling colds in this cold winter while filming, we are filming happily and the laughter never stops on set. We hope that this laughter is conveyed well in the drama.” The actor shared that he hoped viewers would focus on empathy in the drama. He explained, “The drama tells the tough reality of youths in a cheerful way, and so I think many viewers will empathize with it. I hope that viewers will forget the cold harsh realities and enjoy the drama with a happy heart.”

Lee Yi Kyung, who takes on the role of trouble-making, thrifty actor Joon Ki who has a carefree energy about him stated, “I’m excited that ‘Waikiki,’ which we worked hard on, is meeting viewers. I think we’ll be able to make people laugh as hard as we’ve worked on the drama. The drama is filled with hilarity that will make you forget the cold harshness of reality, so we hope you will enjoy it.” The actor picked the youths’ transformation in acting as a point to look out for. He commented, “We worked hard to show new sides of ourselves. Please look forward to the actors’ passionate acting, as they threw their whole bodies into it.”

Kim-Jung-Hyun-Lee-Yi-Kyung-Song-Seung-Wo

Song Seung Won plays hard-working freelance writer Doo Shik. The actor shared, “I’m excited to be greeting viewers with a new drama since last October and to be showing lots of cheerful energy. We’re hard at work filming with great actors and staff, so please give us a lot of love.” He chose the unpredictable plot and the youths’ chemistry as things to look forward to in the drama. He continued, “The story will present real empathy, lots of joy, and great chemistry between the six youths.”

“Waikiki” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 11 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/05/waikiki-cast-picks-things-look-drama/

• Like 5

We are going to try and Live Recap this one again today! Hopefully we catch it from the very beginning this time. I think we missed the first 5 minutes yesterday, but I'm glad we were able to catch it from the baby :-)

The link isn't up yet, but it should pop up soon.

https://www.bah-doo.com/tag/waikiki/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will never forget Joon Ki's comment "The culture shock is equivalent to a natural disaster!" to Dong Goo about their experience with purchasing the breast  milk  pumping gadget.

That scene while the sales woman was demonstrating how to use the gadget was simply hilarious and JK's & DG's facial expressions were pure gold! :blush:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2