Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Eulachacha Waikiki 으라차차 와이키키

The cast couldn't match my liking more!

Son Seung-won, our Im Sung-min from "Age of Youth", was the one who pulled me to "Waikiki", because I don't know Kim Jung-hyun and I have only watched Lee Yi-kyung in "Mirror of the Witch". And when the female leads were announced I was delighted: Go Won-hee is one of my favourite actresses, I've been loving her since "Cruel Palace", where she was a fantastic queen; Jung In-sun, what a scene-stealer from "Mirror of the Witch" episode 1!  I got really interested in her after her superbe performance. And Lee Joo-woo was really cute as Ayako in "Snowy Road".

This is all to say that this is a dream cast for me. I just hope someone realeses English subs.

• Like 5

On 1/25/2018 at 2:58 PM, V said:

I love the second teaser!!!!! This show looks like it will be sooo fun. It kind of has a 3 men and a baby vibe? Has anyone seen that movie? It's a pretty old one. Anyway, it looks like our three men might have to take care of the baby on several occassions and I love that! All of the 3 stooges high jinks have me rolling and I love how it looks like the women in this drama are not pushovers

I loved that movie too, this drama looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Viki has a fan channel for this drama https://www.viki.com/tv/35738c-waikiki, if you all get a chance, please request it

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/. Even if will not be available in your region, I'm sure you will be able to watch it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, evie7 said:

Viki has a fan channel for this drama https://www.viki.com/tv/35738c-waikiki, if you all get a chance, please request it

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/. Even if will not be available in your region, I'm sure you will be able to watch it.

I just requested it on Viki! And I followed it on Viki as well. I hope it gets picked up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Given that my introduction to Kim Jung Hyun was as Mo Ri who rather stole my heart with his sad backstory and stoic demeanor in Rebel: Thief of the People, I'm surprised at how much I love him in these comedic roles, e.g. School 2017 and now this drama (which I hope I'll love). And, Son Seung Won - I ended up watching both seasons of Age of Youth as well as Person Who Gives Happiness because I loved him so much in Healer. As for Lee Yi Kyung - School 2013, enough said. :)

I really hope that this has a good script, and plenty of bromance bonding as well as with the female leads and the baby.

• Like 4

@triplem Ah! I just died and went to Heaven! That baby is sooooooooo cute! I can't deal, I am having baby fever over here something serious. All the more reason to watch this show. :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

really hope that this has a good script, and plenty of bromance bonding as well as with the female leads and the baby.

I hope for this and that it is a funny light little drama. I think JBTC owes one! This drama looks like it's what I need to watch at this time.

@V That baby is cute.  I don't know all babies are cute chingu until they grow up into teenagers.:tongue:

@triplem  Veiny arms? I'm always in favor of them naughty.png

I want one of those Hawaiian shirts. crazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gifThey are so festive, I haven't had one in years.

@chiyako92 I didn't realize that Jung In Sun was the actress from the first episode of Mirror of the Witch. She really did steal the show, I'm excited to see her in this drama.

Edited by evie7
adding stuff
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Kim Jung Hyun And Cast Of “Waikiki” React Hilariously To Unexpected Guest

Waikiki2.jpg

Kim Jung Hyun, Lee Yi Kyung, Son Seung Won, and Jung In Sun completely transformed into their respective roles for the upcoming JTBC drama “Waikiki.”

“Waikiki” is a comedy that follows the story of three struggling youths. Dong Goo (Kim Jung Hyun) is an unlucky aspiring film director; Joon Gi (Lee Yi Kyung) is an eccentric, thrifty actor; and Doo Shik (Son Seung Won) is a freelance writer with barely any work. The three characters run a guest house named Waikiki that is about to close down.

The three men end up facing uncontrollable ups and downs in their lives after the arrival of Yoon Ah (Jung In Sun), a single mom with a baby who comes to stay at the guest house.

In the comical new photos from the drama, the men stand like frozen statues as they stare at the baby that has appeared out of the blue. The dumbfounded expressions on their faces reveal that they have no idea what to do.

Kim-Jung-Hyun-Lee-Yi-Kyung.jpg

Waikiki21.jpg

Other stills show single mom Yoon Ah smiling lovingly at her baby Sol Yi. Hearts are spilling out of her eyes as she holds a cell phone in one hand and a rattle in another. Her bright expression reveals that she’s a character who stays optimistic no matter what situation she’s in.

In the drama, Yoon Ah is a passionate, hard-working woman who is also clueless and clumsy. Due to her pure image and neat, tidy personality, she often ends up causing misunderstandings. However, despite facing the difficult task of having to raise a baby by herself, she has overwhelming charm and energy that the viewers won’t be able to help but admire.

Spoiler

Jung-In-Sun.jpg

Jung-In-Sun2.jpg

The producers of the drama stated, “The refreshing, novel experiences of the youthful characters, who are all equally entertaining, will amuse [the viewers].” They also said of Jung In Sun, “Playing a single mom isn’t easy, but she’s pulling it off with an energy that is overflowing with passion.”

“Waikiki” will premiere on February 5, after the end of “Just Between Lovers.”

Sources (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/28/kim-jung-hyun-cast-waikiki-react-hilariously-unexpected-guest/

• Like 4

I can't wait for this to air! This is totally going to be my stress reliever drama because KJH is actually perfect for cute/comedic scenes after seeing him in School 2017! 

And of course a good bromance is always a fun to watch :D

I've also been in a bit of a drama slump lately, so hopefully this and Radio Romance will cure it~

• Like 3

On 1/28/2018 at 6:13 PM, V said:

@triplem Ah! I just died and went to Heaven! That baby is sooooooooo cute! I can't deal, I am having baby fever over here something serious. All the more reason to watch this show. :)

Do you have plans to live cap this on your site?

@evie7 ....I am expecting some fan service...ahahahah

Spoiler

bkjh2.jpg

@Siufey71 Yes...I think KJH is great for romantic roles. I enjoyed S2017 so much because of him...

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@triplem His puppy dog eyes and jealous stares were just too cuuuuuute, but yeah I think him and Sejong were perfect for their roles. 

• Like 2

@triplemI can look into it! We were thinking of doing Radio Romance so we need to see if it runs over into it? But being delayed a few minutes wouldn't be too big of a problem, maybe? I'll check the times!

• Thanks 2

@triplem Okay, I checked the times and replied to you over in the Cross forum! But I'll mention it here too :).

It looks like Waikiki comes on at 23:00 so we should be able to pick it up after Radio Romance finishes! Yay! I don't think KBS2 goes over that often, so we should be able to start as it airs. If there is a delay it might only be like 5 minutes hopefully.

Is anyone over here following Misty? I need some more grown folk dramas in my life so I plan on watching that one too.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, triplem said:

I am expecting some fan service...ahahahah

Omo chingu naughty.pngI'm always in favor of fan service.

@V For sure I'm going to watch this one, I've  been thinking about picking  up Misty but

Spoiler

I'm watching a few Jdramas and am waiting for one to get subbed so I'm not sure. Part of me is saying I have no time and the pervy ahjumma in me has me thinking about that sexy handsome ahjussi Ji Jin Hee crazy-monkey-emoticon-121.gif I may try to fit it in.

Edited by evie7
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Looks like a lot of fun! I wonder who’s going to be paired with who? 

@stroppyse Did the highlight video above show any indication of pairing ? 

i dont think there’s gonna be some romance involved (?) as the genre never stated romance as one of it? and even by watching the highlight,  i cant really tell if there’s will be a love line between donggu and yoona or other characters. Of course i would like for them to have some loveline/romance apart from comedy and sitcom itself. it’s just more fun if there’s some romance involved right? plus donggu and yoona would make a greatest couple out there :)

p/s: im just basically making my own assumption here so i hope im wrong! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1