Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Eulachacha Waikiki 으라차차 와이키키

I wonder if with the extension, DS and SA will get a romance after all. There's enough time now to allow a romance to develop between them, I think. The worry is that this means that DG and YA will take much longer to actually get together, so we may see more obstacles pop up. As someone mentioned, the baby daddy hasn't made an appearance yet either. In fact, we actually know very little about YA's background, not to mention what she may be thinking about everything, but especially DG.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I am caught up on the episodes for this drama, but still not sure that the humor and writing here really resounds with me, though I really, really want to like this drama because I love the cast so much. So, I don't have that much to say and may just go back to lurking mode. However, no doubts that Baby Sol is just the cutest. :)

Welcome to Genius BB Sol's fanclub ! Ok chill... juz pulling your leg:tongue:

HEaeIGd.jpg

6ZGwLdl.jpg

ZHz7UbF.jpg

4 more ep.s? Ops! Maybe maybe JTBC wanna milk our BB Sol.. ah ok i mean get more milk for BB Sol.:blink:

*Poke* @onlysb1

JTBC stills update:

6 mar

Spoiler

20180306_135513_6854.jpg

What is the limit of this Lee Kyung ... ★ 
Pink Sweat - transformed into a full octopus man!

20180306_135529_3670.jpg
20180306_135533_6089.jpg

Cr JTBC

MAR 6 2018

“Welcome to Waikiki” extended from 16 to 20 episodes

DXlkdD5U8AAxW2r.jpg

Currently airing JTBC drama series “Welcome to Waikiki” has been extended from its originally planned 16 episodes to 20 episodes. The drama series has become popular with its fun storyline following three men who run a guest house in Itaewon. Main cast members of Kim Jung-Hyun, Lee Yi-Kyung, Son Seung-Won, Jung In-Sun, Go Won-Hee and Lee Joo-Woo were relatively unknown prior to “Welcome to Waikiki.”

Meanwhile, “Welcome to Waikiki” will delay airing ep.11 and ep.12 from March 12th and March 13th to March 19th and March 20th respectively. The one week delay is to give the staff and cast members more time to complete filming. On March 12th and March 13th, JTBC will air a special behind the scenes of “Welcome to Waikiki” with behind the scenes footage and commentary by the performers.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/welcome-to-waikiki-extended-from-16-to-20-episodes

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yaaay more eps! I’m happy to know the show is doing well :) so no actual eps next week but bts special ? Also I agree with what you guys said, more eps means more slow burn/ obstacles for our couples especially DG and YA.

• Like 4

If they can keep the flow, I am happy with an extension. I haven't watch Ep 9 but hope there are more moments of Dong Gu and his weakness for aegyo moments. ^^

• Like 5

So bittersweet! GREAT we got an extension but there won't be any new episodes next week :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Show must be doing well.

yes, this drama got a lot of positive reviews internationally and i believe in korea too:) and some of them are demanding for 2nd season of this drama alr!

• Like 5

Wish there were live streaming links, it's always so hard to get live updates :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Bahahah I cant understand anything but what in the world was DG doing in that last video?? :D

• LOL 1

HE CONFESSED!

And as we thought this was the ending cliffhanger.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let me just copy paste a comment I had written under the final youtube video LOL :

Let me just predict something : she won't get his confession because there were no subject markers in his sentences. He literally said : I really like (it), Yoo-nah'sshi. She will fill in the blanks and think that he's maybe talking about movies and Dong-Gu's courage will be too crushed to make a second confession. The writer will obviously make more use of the chef pastry guy since he serves as a foil to Dong-Gu and highlights his insecurities

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meiil said:

HE CONFESSED!

And as we thought this was the ending cliffhanger.

It was sweet how DG explains why he likes YA "Just because. I just like her." And, I'm glad that he managed to make his confession. However, now that this is the midpoint of the drama, I don't think his confession is going to go well, as in I don't think that YA will accept it. However, perhaps this means that we'll start seeing YA becoming more aware of DG in a romantic light?

• Like 4

OMG SOO-AH IS SO SAVAGE!! :love:  

You need to watch these videos as a pair.

SA is at the convenience store where DS works, on the phone with the police. They just tell her to wait some more, although they caught her ex-bf on CCTV this time. She decides to stake out the place herself. DS thinks she'll be too obvious, so she dresses up as a part-timer as well (not sure if she actually took the job). An extremely rude customer comes in while she's manning the counter.

(From 1:03)

SA: Welcome.

Man: Bring me a cola. Oh and while you're at it, a chocolate bar too.

SA: Huh? Why are you asking me for them?

Man: If the customer tells you to do something, then just do it. What's with the complaining?

SA: Excuse me? Also, why are you speaking to me in banmal? (rude since they're strangers although she's younger)

Man: Why? Do you feel offended? Who are you as a part-timer to talk back to the customer? (I'm not sure but guessing the gist)

SA: Excuse me?! This ahjussi... really...

DS: Hey, hey, that's enough. (to man) I'm sorry, I'll get them for you now.

Man: That's what you should have done. 

DS: Here you go, sajang-nim.

Man dumps money on the counter and his garbage on the floor for DS to pick up.

SA: Excuse me, why are you throwing that on the ground when the rubbish bin is over there?

Man: Don't you know that your part-time wages include cleaning fees too?

SA: What did you say? Wow this ahjussi's really...

DS: Why are you being like this? (to man) Sorry, it's her first day here.

Man: I'm holding back because of you. (to SA) Do your work properly!

DS: Why are you being like this?!

SA: What did I do? He was the one who was wrong!

DS: He's always been like that. He's the boss of the BBQ restaurant opposite. It's just better to avoid conflict with him.

SA: Argh this fool... 

SA drags DS into that BBQ restaurant.

SA: Excuse me.

Man: (in banmal) Oh why, want some meat? What would you like?

SA: (in banmal) Bring 2 servings of samgyupsal and a cider. Grill it before you serve. I find grilling bothersome.  

Man: Excuse me?

SA: (still in banmal) Why, you don't like it? You should do what the customers orders you to, what's with the complaining?

Man: Wow, but why is this little thing using banmal?

SA: (switched to jeondaemal) Why, are you offended? Wasn't it ok for customers to just use banmal?

Man: What?

SA sneezes and throws the tissue on the ground.

Man: Hey, why are you throwing that here?

SA: The price of the meat covers the cleaning too, doesn't it? You said that earlier, ahjussi.

Man: Wow, has this wench gone crazy? (he said gijibe, which can mean a lot of things but in this case, definitely offensive)

SA: (in jeondaemal) I'm sorry. Wench?! Did you just say wench to your valued customer (she described as someone like the sky)? Wow, this shop just treats their customers like dirt!

Man: What are you saying? (holds her shoulder)

SA: What are you doing? Are you trying to hit me? A weak female?

Man: What you do mean hit... I just lightly grabbed your shoulder....

SA exclaims dramatically.

Man: What's wrong?

SA swings her arm as if it's disconnected and whines about her pain, telling DS to call the cops. 

SA: What are you waiting for? Hurry up.

Man hesitates. SA tells DS to call the cops again.

Man: I'm sorry. (banmal)

SA: Mian-hae? HAE? (questioning his banmal again)

Man: (respectful jeondaemal with a bow) I'm sorry.

SA: You should say that to him too. Quickly.

Man to DS: (respectful jeondaemal with a bow) I'm sorry. I apologise for my actions from before. 

SA: Look here now, ahjussi. He may be lacking, but his mother celebrated his birth with seaweed soup and parties too. He's not a slave for you to speak down to (banmal), look down at or order around. If I ever catch you doing such a thing again, I don't know what I might do then. Do you understand?

Man: Yes. By... by the way, how's your shoulder?

SA cracks her shoulder.

SA: I'm all good now. Send my compensation fees (to something I can't understand). Let's go, DS.

-------------------------------------------

MUAHAHAHA Soo Ah is just as crazy as everyone else, with her heart in the right place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

It was sweet how DG explains why he likes YA "Just because. I just like her." And, I'm glad that he managed to make his confession. However, now that this is the midpoint of the drama, I don't think his confession is going to go well, as in I don't think that YA will accept it. However, perhaps this means that we'll start seeing YA becoming more aware of DG in a romantic light?

I think so too, I don’t think she’ll straight up reject him but she’ll probably don’t give him an answer and feels weird about the confession. I see her putting  some distance (all the while the chef still roams around her) and  eventually realize her feelings towards DG. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, dubuqueen said:

Let me just copy paste a comment I had written under the final youtube video LOL :

Let me just predict something : she won't get his confession because there were no subject markers in his sentences. He literally said : I really like (it), Yoo-nah'sshi. She will fill in the blanks and think that he's maybe talking about movies and Dong-Gu's courage will be too crushed to make a second confession. The writer will obviously make more use of the chef pastry guy since he serves as a foil to Dong-Gu and highlights his insecurities

I don't think that will be the case.

I'm not korean expert but I'm pretty sure he confessed to her in a clear way. I've watched many dramas to recognize when they say : 'I like you/ I love you' 

They dragged his confession for too long,  now it will be up to YoonA and her feelings. 

• Like 1

So it’s bittersweet cause like watching this show I just want to watch more episodes in the moment cause it’s soooo good and I want to laugh more (they never fail to succeed to make me laugh really hard at least once each episode hahahaha ‘this turned from a bone eating show to shaving show!’ And then his eyebrows...lmaooo trying to channel his inner thug but still has his inner prosecutor out. This show is just so....original and fun I love it) that’s why I am happy nonetheless that we will be getting an extension even though the next two weeks nothing will air (ughhhh time is gonna go so slow! Feels like the Olympics all over again when some shows airing were put on pause ). 

• Like 2