[Drama 2018] Sketch 스케치

Go Seung Ji

It's incredible that this is a Drama House production. Drama House productions are usually sophisticated, creative, interesting, well-directed, well-written, etc. This drama has none of it, except for the cast.  And, it is wasting the talent of the cast. <_<

As others have noted, there are two many draggy scenes, when a long scene is nowhere warranted.

The development of the plot is also poor.  There is focus on only one plot line, i.e. the team trying to catch Lee Dong Gun character.  But, the storyline of why and who has these forecasting gifts is totally ignored.  And, it is the most interesting bit.   

Humor and flirting with love lines are being forced into scenes, without any reason or build-up.  I feel sorry to the actors for having to speak the cliche dialog lines.  There is one scene in which Rain's entire dialogue is to explain the scene.  

And,  character development is nonsense when, in one moment, a character is supposed to be a genius and the next moment is making an airhead response.

The only decent thing in this drama are the fight scenes. But, even then, they are longer than necessary.  I have never 'checked out' in the middle of a fight scene.  Yet, I shut my eyes, with the thought that I will open them when the fight is over.:huh:

I'm keeping up on this drama just for the explanation of the forecasting abilities.  But, perhaps, I shouldn't expect too much.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Sketch 스케치 - Rain, Lee Sun Bin and Lee Dong Gun - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New cast: (6/12)
Son Jong Hak will appear in ‘Sketch’ as Deputy Chief Prosecutor, Park Ki Moon.

He is the only person in the police organization who knows the existence of Moon Jae-hyung (Kang Shin-il) and the butterfly team.  Not only does he support the butterfly team through Moon Jae Hyun but he tries to help it to be approved as a regular team.      He is a character with integrity and is upright. He is a candidate for the next police chief.

2ber0Wv.jpg

http://www.intronews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=97813

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Sketch 스케치 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST

When the woman said to Si Hyun's dad that they can use someone with his 'abilities', is she talking about his journalistic skills or (possiblyyyyy) a kind of psychic abilities? It would be cool if Si Hyun inherits her sixth sense from her dad. Though this theory seems like a stretch :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

2 hours ago, samsherlock said:

Is it wrong that I ship them together...like given the circumstances?

but I really like the both detectives together..

I ship them too. :wub:. How can we not?  They have good chemistry. :wub: .  

I can feel their growing bond.  They seem very compatible with each other.  Enjoying their punch lines.

Though the drama seems low budget and doesn’t have a tight high pitched shrill, it’s very easy to watch and enjoyable.  

1zPd98Z.jpg

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201806231137578631&amp;ext=na

mGmzOCK.jpg

http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1S0X4F4HIM

Just watched the first 3 episodes of this coz I was too bored waiting for my regular dramas. First time I watch a Lee Dong Gun drama and I was surprised he looks so good here! Pity he killed Rain's gf though, made me so sad...OK off to watch the remaining episodes now!!

10 hours ago, snowquality said:

When the woman said to Si Hyun's dad that they can use someone with his 'abilities', is she talking about his journalistic skills or (possiblyyyyy) a kind of psychic abilities? It would be cool if Si Hyun inherits her sixth sense from her dad. Though this theory seems like a stretch :sweatingbullets:

Annyeong @snowquality when I watched the scene, I have the same thought as you that Si Hyun's dad also have a special ability that's how she get it too. I'm so curious about who is the Elder. This Elder seems to be very powerful and more so than Si Hyun.

Yup me too like to see the interactions between Si Hyun and Kang Dong Soo, I too am hoping for a romance between them but I think it might not happen because of the dead fiancee.

1 hour ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong @snowquality when I watched the scene, I have the same thought as you that Si Hyun's dad also have a special ability that's how she get it too. I'm so curious about who is the Elder. This Elder seems to be very powerful and more so than Si Hyun.

Yup me too like to see the interactions between Si Hyun and Kang Dong Soo, I too am hoping for a romance between them but I think it might not happen because of the dead fiancee.

annyeong @alekaonu ,so glad I'm not the only one who thought so :P From Sun Bin's instagram, it seems that the identity of The Elder will be revealed in tonight's episode~ Can't wait >////<

And yeah, their relationship so far is still in the grey area, Kang Dong Soo loves his fiancee and it won't be that easy to move on I suppose :(  I'm in love with their chemistry though, so cute <3

There is also the fact that the police chief went out of his way to save her and when Kim doo jin asks him why he went through all that trouble to save shi hyun the chief replies ” because she's a special child.” or something along the lines... Like they know about her powers and know that she is trying to prevent there plans from happening.. Yet... They/the elder don't get rid of her... So she must mean something to the elder why else would they not get rid of her?

6 minutes ago, samsherlock said:

There is also the fact that the police chief went out of his way to save her and when Kim doo jin asks him why he went through all that trouble to save shi hyun the chief replies ” because she's a special child.” or something along the lines... Like they know about her powers and know that she is trying to prevent there plans from happening.. Yet... They/the elder don't get rid of her... So she must mean something to the elder why else would they not get rid of her?

Yeah that line is bothering me as well. I feel like this *cult* whatever it is, knows more about Si Hyun more than anyone else. Even Captain Moon seems to be in the blind about the origin of Si Hyun's abilities.

OMG I have not really watched Ep10 yet but still I got a shock to find out who's the person behind the Chief/Head of Internal Affairs. Since no one is discussing about it, so I don't wanna be a spoiler. Gosh I really didn't see that coming. I will be back tomorrow to spazz with you all.

I'm only halfway through episode 9, but I'm laughing so hard right now! Can't believe they're having a bragging contest! It's too cute. I really like Shi-Huyn character and how they wrote her. She's had to deal with death and seeing people die often since she was a kid. She talks about how difficult it was for her, but at the same time she never allows Dong-Soo to dwell in his grief for too long, never to the point where he's going to lose himself. It's as if the moment she senses he's about to drown in it, she pokes him and comes swinging at him with humor, she likes to prove him wrong, and she is just skilled at taking his attention, energy and focus to other places. I like their developing friendship and how the actors are playing it. They seem to have fun doing these scenes. I think it's a nice balance with the heaviness and darkness of the cases, not a contrast that is easy to pull off. :)

4 hours ago, snowquality said:

Yeah that line is bothering me as well. I feel like this *cult* whatever it is, knows more about Si Hyun more than anyone else. Even Captain Moon seems to be in the blind about the origin of Si Hyun's abilities.

I felt so bad for captain moon and his backstory about his daughter...the child actor who played his daughter was soo adorable and skilled at acting.

1 hour ago, alekaonu said:

OMG I have not really watched Ep10 yet but still I got a shock to find out who's the person behind the Chief/Head of Internal Affairs. Since no one is discussing about it, so I don't wanna be a spoiler. Gosh I really didn't see that coming. I will be back tomorrow to spazz with you all.

Did you watch it raw?! Because I am still waiting for the subs..and it's killing mee

1 hour ago, lilyphenix said:

I'm only halfway through episode 9, but I'm laughing so hard right now! Can't believe they're having a bragging contest! It's too cute. I really like Shi-Huyn character and how they wrote her. She's had to deal with death and seeing people die often since she was a kid. She talks about how difficult it was for her, but at the same time she never allows Dong-Soo to dwell in his grief for too long, never to the point where he's going to lose himself. It's as if the moment she senses he's about to drown in it, she pokes him and comes swinging at him with humor, she likes to prove him wrong, and she is just skilled at taking his attention, energy and focus to other places. I like their developing friendship and how the actors are playing it. They seem to have fun doing these scenes. I think it's a nice balance with the heaviness and darkness of the cases, not a contrast that is easy to pull off. :)

You know I feel sad for shi hyun.. Like if she actually falls for him...if there is a romantic line...then she is competing against a perfect person who was sooo loved by him...and now is dead...you can't compete against someones memory... Will she always be the second for him?

I have never gone through something that painful so I won't know..I just feel sad for both of the ladies 

5 minutes ago, samsherlock said:

You know I feel sad for shi hyun.. Like if she actually falls for him...if there is a romantic line...then she is competing against a perfect person who was sooo loved by him...and now is dead...you can't compete against someones memory... Will she always be the second for him?

I have never gone through something that painful so I won't know..I just feel sad for both of the ladies 

I understand how you feel, their relationship is bittersweet. I'm concerned that the writer will keep teasing us with glimpses of a possible romantic angle until the end,  but I agree with you that it will likely be hard(er) on Shi Huyn if she develops feelings for him. Maybe if there's a second season, after some time has passed, we might see them get closer? I'm reminded of Mystery Queen a little bit.

1 hour ago, lilyphenix said:

I understand how you feel, their relationship is bittersweet. I'm concerned that the writer will keep teasing us with glimpses of a possible romantic angle until the end,  but I agree with you that it will likely be hard(er) on Shi Huyn if she develops feelings for him. Maybe if there's a second season, after some time has passed, we might see them get closer? I'm reminded of Mystery Queen a little bit.

@lilyphenix.. SHe is already developing feeling for him . In episode 8 she ruffled his hair after he passed out from drinking Soju. LOL LOL 

Archived