Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Sketch 스케치

@booha Ahhh he pulls off the really pained look well! But for a lovey-dovey romance one so I don't feel like all he got was just a dream... Go watch Laurel Tree Tailors! It's quite long but hey he ended up marrying his female lead irl too so my heart is mended.

@snowquality :'') A long love letter to a love which has sailed away aihhhhh

@chdom I want one too! I'm not sure if JTBC has ever done a season two, but hey, we can always hope :') Sadly, this didn't make it as big as most dramas that reach a season 2, so, for now at least, it's up to our imagination. Would you all like to write some? ;p

@gentlelily12 I get what you mean man thoooo tbh they should have given us a Lee Seung Joo character poster but, that would have given the game away I guess? Honestly like kudos to JTJ's Jung Jin Young and KDJ's Lee Dong Gun ( @me040298 Oopsies thanks for the catch ;) for their fantastic depiction of a push-pull between killing and not, for the sake of a greater good. On this front, they were able to capture an aspect that Yoo Si Joon never gave.

Finally, a close but not a close?

Si Joon like ARGH how can you do that to Si Hyun? Like legit, when he shot, I think my heart stopped. I knew ofc that Dong Soo will jump in, but the fact that he shot at Si Hyun... I'm not sure if it's better that he maintained his standard that "Everything is for the greater good," or that he just had a double standard and protected our precious Si Hyun. Anyway he didn't.

Also, fine okay, Dong Soo didn't go to the dark side. Sure. Do it that way. But thank you for sparing both Do Jin and Si Joon and being the better person. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I like him a little bit more.

Also, I wanted to find out more about the psychic powers, and the meaning of the classroom and the sheer amount of symbols in this whole drama. I wanted to see an end to the cold sale, honestly, I'm not sure if an open ending was the best way.

But if it's open ending, then it's also more likely that we will get a season two, right?

I hope KDJ, JTJ, Prosecutor Min and everyone have a good get-together in the after life :') 
Lastly... Dear Si Hyun, though Si Joon wouldn't see you, I hope that you can hear it.

["Si Hyun-ah... Oppa loves you."]

Thanks y'all for this great drama... off to watch the BTS scenes and wind down from the sadness that was our second to last ending scene.

• Like 5

thank you everybody :relaxed:

Well I’m glad Lee Dong Gun was given a memorable ending and he did well. Such a warm happy ending with his wife made me teary.   He really needs to try another detective / thriller for his next project.  
And DS got a good closure with his fiancé.

But what is this, an open ending or not?  Does the writer really think a possible Sketch2, or is it just wishful thinking on its part, or is it merely teasing us?   Yeah it looks a bit clumsy how in the middle of the standoff, SJ had a vision about the elder organization’s future and decided to drop the gun. lol  Btw the writer should remember  about telling us that the future through vision isn’t absolute and it can be changed blah blah…     
Then SH did the last sketch which seemed like implying SJ was leaving a prison?  
The writer killed every offender, big or small but let SJ alive?  What he did was  as bad as the elder organization though not in the same scale.  

Over all it's a good drama. I enjoyed it.

The Sketch group went to the restaurant and watched the last episode together. I read LSB had a hair extension.  She looks good with  long hair.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@booha ah! so that explains why the magic long hair!! I thought the shooting ended wayyyy back or something and that her hair has grown back OTL

Her short hair ish cute tho, she should keep it XD 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, snowquality said:

@booha ah! so that explains why the magic long hair!! I thought the shooting ended wayyyy back or something and that her hair has grown back OTL

Her short hair ish cute tho, she should keep it XD 

Maybe she missed her long hair.   She looks good with either short or long.    I was a bit disappointed there weren’t more development on SH & DS’s relationship.   They looked good together on the screen.  Hopefully LSB will come back soon with a new drama.  If so, I will definitely check it out.   Have a good day, SunBin girl  :)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, booha said:

Maybe she missed her long hair.   She looks good with either short or long.    I was a bit disappointed there weren’t more development on SH & DS’s relationship.   They looked good together on the screen.  Hopefully LSB will come back soon with a new drama.  If so, I will definitely check it out.   Have a good day, SunBin girl  :)

She actually had a movie coming out this October called 'Changgwol' or 'Rampant', a historical zombie movie with Hyun Bin and Jang Dong Gun! She plays as Deok Hee, an archer that fights the zombies alongside Hyun Bin's character :D

Can't wait for the movie!

And I hope she gets an interesting role in her next drama~~ 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2018 at 7:26 PM, Hannahmiriam said:

I have just realized that it is his second time being cast in the same drama as Rain/Bi, the first one being Sang Doo, Let's Go to School.

Reveal hidden contents

I am Lee Dong Gun's fan since Sweet 18, his first lead role,  but I think he became better known after My Boyfriend is Type B, where he played opposite Han Ji Hye, his lead in Sweet 18. The scene where he confessed his love to the main lead in Lovers in Paris  was as popular as the foam kiss in Secret Garden. I've also enjoyed When It's at Night (opposite Kim Sun Ah) and Laurel Tree Tailors (where he met his wife). I never finished Mi Rae's Choice/Marry Him if You Dare and Super Daddy Yul though... I have also heard good things about Queen for Seven Days (he was the antagonist), but I don't really watch saeguks, so I haven't even started it. But I am under the impression that none of his other roles resembles this one, so I was proud (can I even say that?!) for taking on the challenge. I loved him in Sketch.

hi @Hannahmiriam and yes Sketch is LDG and Rain second collab.  

Spoiler

I was totally besotted with LDG since his role in Sketch.  His acting skills are really perfection and so on point. His eyes portray most of his emotions and this is one of his best gifts and talent making him truly an outstanding actor of his time!!  I think he was good in Marry Him if You Dare but its the plot and ending that was rather dissappointing for me at least. Right now i am marathoning Laurel Tree Tailor, another great drama from LDG and tbh family dramas are sometimes draggy and hard to follow up but not LTT.  I will watch When It's at Night next as you seem to enjoy this drama, as well as his other dramas as i seem unable to get enough of LDG for now....

Spoiler

• Like 2

On 7/16/2018 at 3:44 AM, booha said:

thank you everybody :relaxed:

Well I’m glad Lee Dong Gun was given a memorable ending and he did well. Such a warm happy ending with his wife made me teary.   He really needs to try another detective / thriller for his next project.  
And DS got a good closure with his fiancé.

But what is this, an open ending or not?  Does the writer really think a possible Sketch2, or is it just wishful thinking on its part, or is it merely teasing us?   Yeah it looks a bit clumsy how in the middle of the standoff, SJ had a vision about the elder organization’s future and decided to drop the gun. lol  Btw the writer should remember  about telling us that the future through vision isn’t absolute and it can be changed blah blah…     
Then SH did the last sketch which seemed like implying SJ was leaving a prison?  
The writer killed every offender, big or small but let SJ alive?  What he did was  as bad as the elder organization though not in the same scale.  

Over all it's a good drama. I enjoyed it.

The Sketch group went to the restaurant and watched the last episode together. I read LSB had a hair extension.  She looks good with  long hair.  

hi @booha, my heart was deeply moved to see LDG's Kim Do Jin given such a touching reunion with his wife before he closed his eyes (as well as his smile before his last breath gave us viewers a glimpse that he was happy in death) as he had realisation of his sins and i guess the "sacrificing of his own life" for Rain when he saved Rain was what accorded him a chance to be reunited with his dead wife in death. 

I was thinking if the writer had Sketch 2 in mind too .... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gentlelily12 said:

hi @Hannahmiriam and yes Sketch is LDG and Rain second collab.  

Reveal hidden contents

I was totally besotted with LDG since his role in Sketch.  His acting skills are really perfection and so on point. His eyes portray most of his emotions and this is one of his best gifts and talent making him truly an outstanding actor of his time!!  I think he was good in Marry Him if You Dare but its the plot and ending that was rather dissappointing for me at least. Right now i am marathoning Laurel Tree Tailor, another great drama from LDG and tbh family dramas are sometimes draggy and hard to follow up but not LTT.  I will watch When It's at Night next as you seem to enjoy this drama, as well as his other dramas as i seem unable to get enough of LDG for now....

Reveal hidden contents

You should try to watch Queen for Seven Days, he is phenomenal in that drama.

I was actually hoping the cast will be given interview outside the drama. Variety show, talk show or something like that :(

• Like 3

On 7/18/2018 at 10:22 PM, gentlelily12 said:

I was thinking if the writer had Sketch 2 in mind too .... 

We'll keep waiting!! In the meantime, someone (hehe) has written two chapters of a possible sequel when Shi Joon gets released on Fanfiction.net ^-^

• Like 2

"Time is such a mysterious thing. If you look forward, it seems extremely slow, but if you look back, it seems incredibly fast"

I can't believe that it's been a year since Rain confirmed his Kang Dong Soo's role. For me, Sketch is a very good drama to watch and highly recommendable, even for someone not into the action/detective genre like myself. The story line, I think, was written well, with good twists and good development of characters. The cast is strong and have good chemistry. I too wish JTBC could somehow ensemble the same cast again for a sequel, because really there's still a lot to develop for the story and the main characters.

@me040298, this may be late, but the main cast (Rain, LDG and LSB) actually did have a V-Live broadcast, it's on V Drama, Sketch X Early Interview. It's quite fun to watch the three of them in that show.

I just happened to see this while I was looking for dramas to watch in and very glad that it is already a completed drama so now I can marathon watch the drama. At the very first episode I am already hooked. I love crime thriller dramas. I do hope they have a season 2. Thanks for all the posts. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

"Sketch" was aired in Japan on DATV (Discover Asia TV), and its DVD sets were released in Japan, set 1 on 9 May and set 2 on 4 June. They are available for ordering on amazon.co.jp

On 5/15/2019 at 4:09 AM, willenette said:

*** A video message from RAIN about the release of  DVD for the drama "Sketch on 2019.5.9. :P

credit : Rain Cloud Thailand

On 6/6/2019 at 5:44 AM, willenette said:

*** "Sketch" DVD-SET2 was released on June 4 . This clip is from the bonus footage of this DVD set. :P

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)