[Drama 2018] Sketch 스케치

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly time is running out for SJ/DS’s love line. They are acting more like caring bro&sis/or teammates. lol :(
Humm  I kind of like how the writer made this symbiotic psychic relationship  with SH and SJ. As they are siblings, they are in the same psychic sphere. It means they can also checkmate each other.  If the writer wants, at the end SH can be freed from her power for the rest of her life by using SJ in some way.  

On 7/9/2018 at 6:39 PM, snowquality said:

@coolbett1357 aaaa thanks for sharing this! Wish I could understand korean XD They looked like they have fun loooool

They were shooting at 3am. I guess that’s only way the team could have the place for themselves.  Rain said the shooting was done 3am the day before too.  He seemed tired.  LSB was working hard as a cheer leader for everybody. :w00t:

2 minutes ago, booha said:

Sadly time is running out for SJ/DS’s love line. They are acting more like caring bro&sis/or teammates. lol :(
Humm  I kind of like how the writer made this symbiotic psychic relationship  with SH and SJ. As they are siblings, they are in the same psychic sphere. It means they can also checkmate each other.  If the writer wants, at the end SH can be freed from her power for the rest of her life by using SJ in some way.  

They were shooting at 3am. I guess that’s only way the team could have the place for themselves.  Rain said the shooting was done 3am the day before too.  He seemed tired.  LSB was working hard as a cheer leader for everybody. :w00t:

That's an interesting thought! Si Hyun's power cancelling Si Joon's and in the process losing it instead ;A;

And yeah about the loveline, it's pretty clear actually from the very first episode, that Rain is in love with his wife. If the scenario is made so that Rain's wife's death occurred like 7 or 10 years prior to the show, there might be a chance for him to open up and fall in love again :')

Btw this week really is our final week with Sketch :'(  

I think Rain's acting has improved so much and his action scenes are great!  His onscreen chemistry with his leading lady may stem from her similarity with his wife.  I hope there is a sequel.  There have been many twists and turns which make me enjoy the plots and also SH's somewhat autistic trances where she sketches enthrall me.  Bravo to the writers (and actors of course).

BTW Lee Dong-gun is a great antagonist/bad guy.  I hope he continues to perform more of these dark roles.

42 minutes ago, snowquality said:

hi @coolbett1357,I just finished watching it from dramacool as well hehehe, turns out they uploaded faster than kissasian! 

man this episode is a great set up for the big finale :') 

Well finally I can watch ep15 on time.  After many struggles I decided to sign in to Dramafever last night.  Yes more money to shell out lol  :sweatingbullets:   These days there are so many cable dramas and Viki doesn’t carry all of them.  

I like the way the writer pulled together for the final.  Love line for OTP is gone and in place there is an emotional tugging from SH & SJ.  I began to appreciate how well all supporting casts have been doing.     
It will be interesting to see what will happen to SJ’s fate since the writer is merciless with all the bad guys by killing all of them.  :wacko:

hi @booha ! Yeah, and it's interesting how: 

Spoiler

they both predicted each other's death. I will bet all my money on Si Joon's death though, because lead characters never die XDDDDD

and the revelation about the Elder, and the Seosu fire building are all fine, but I still can't wrap my head around how Si Hyun is not bothered when she found out about his oppa's abilities? Like, when:

Spoiler

they met to talk at that park, Si Hyun seemed like she KNEW about his powers and only questioned his actions as X and as Jang Tae Joon's mastermind. Did I miss something? She didn't say things like 'you hid your powers from me' or anything, which is weird because the show has been leading us to believe that Si Hyun (and her parents) doesn't know a thing about his brother's clairvoyance talent ;A; 

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Drama 2018] Sketch 스케치
12 hours ago, snowquality said:

Reveal hidden contents

they both predicted each other's death. I will bet all my money on Si Joon's death though, because lead characters never die XDDDDD

and the revelation about the Elder, and the Seosu fire building are all fine, but I still can't wrap my head around how Si Hyun is not bothered when she found out about his oppa's abilities? Like, when:

Reveal hidden contents

they met to talk at that park, Si Hyun seemed like she KNEW about his powers and only questioned his actions as X and as Jang Tae Joon's mastermind. Did I miss something? She didn't say things like 'you hid your powers from me' or anything, which is weird because the show has been leading us to believe that Si Hyun (and her parents) doesn't know a thing about his brother's clairvoyance talent ;A; 

:(((( Last ep after this let's go!

p.s. I watch on kseries because it loads fast enough for me to skip with the right arrow at scenes where I can't take the tension. Then I rewind and watch it slowly 

@booha  Ikr... can I just say I appreciate that there's no love line here for Si Hyun? Cause they keep tugging at our married couple heartstrings and I think it would kill me if a loveline happened. The finale is going to be intense and Si Joon is going to die because Dong Soo will kill him, if the preview is accurate and not a dream.
They've both predicted each other's deaths now and someone probably will die. If it will be any consolation, I hope that Si Joon dies in Si Hyun's arms and that Dong Soo becomes the same, "A person who kills for their own goals."

@snowquality My take is that well, they've known for a pretty long time that someone has been strong enough to change her visions, and I guess after finding out that Jang Tae Joon can't predict the future, and the person predicting the future is after the Elder, it would make sense for the people with powers to be Si Joon.

They could have done the whole thing again, but I think from the way Si Hyun said, "Oppa you said there was nothing I didn't know and that you'd never lied to me," it's clear that Si Joon is killing her slowly. I mean they could have tugged at our Si Joon-Si Hyun heartstrings, more but AHHHHHHH please don't my heart hurts :( 

Also just rewind... I'm going to watch ep 15 again. The way Si Hyun says, "I'm going to stop my oppa, because I love him," makes me want to run away and ask for a better ending. 

Am also low-key glad that that backstabbing-two-faced-Park Moon Gi is going to die.

So well guys, all our predictions came true after all. Indeed, JTJ dies instead, KDJ gets drunk, KDS is officially okay with killing, and YSJ-YSH is the most painful couple/sibling pair/thing (idk what do you call them?) I have seen in a drama. 

[\spoiler]

On 7/14/2018 at 12:09 PM, snowquality said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

:(((( Last ep after this let's go!
@Maracarrero Lee Dong Gun as Kim Do Jin is really really good! If you're interested in seeing him as a bad-ish guy with the whole bag of feels, try out Seven Day Queen/Queen for Seven Days. He was really good there as well :)

@coolbett1357 I will watch that... after ep 16. I think I will need heart mending then :((

p.s. I watch on kseries because it loads fast enough for me to skip with the right arrow at scenes where I can't take the tension. Then I rewind and watch it slowly 

@booha  Ikr... can I just say I appreciate that there's no love line here for Si Hyun? Cause they keep tugging at our married couple heartstrings and I think it would kill me if a loveline happened. The finale is going to be intense and Si Joon is going to die because Dong Soo will kill him, if the preview is accurate and not a dream.
They've both predicted each other's deaths now and someone probably will die. If it will be any consolation, I hope that Si Joon dies in Si Hyun's arms and that Dong Soo becomes the same, "A person who kills for their own goals."

@snowquality My take is that well, they've known for a pretty long time that someone has been strong enough to change her visions, and I guess after finding out that Jang Tae Joon can't predict the future, and the person predicting the future is after the Elder, it would make sense for the people with powers to be Si Joon.

They could have done the whole thing again, but I think from the way Si Hyun said, "Oppa you said there was nothing I didn't know and that you'd never lied to me," it's clear that Si Joon is killing her slowly. I mean they could have tugged at our Si Joon-Si Hyun heartstrings, more but AHHHHHHH please don't my heart hurts :( 

Also just rewind... I'm going to watch ep 15 again. The way Si Hyun says, "I'm going to stop my oppa, because I love him," makes me want to run away and ask for a better ending. 

Am also low-key glad that that backstabbing-two-faced-Park Moon Gi is going to die.

So well guys, all our predictions came true after all. Indeed, JTJ dies instead, KDJ gets drunk, KDS is officially okay with killing, and YSJ-YSH is the most painful couple/sibling pair/thing (idk what do you call them?) I have seen in a drama. 

@snowquality

Thank you for seeing that crack. :phew:  hummm We will have to wait to see whether the writer has an answer for that or  it’s one of those things which we have to blink them out in order to enjoy watching the drama.  lol     After all a writer is human whose imagination can’t produce an answer for everything right?!!  haha   :sweatingbullets:
However I couldn’t wait till evening to find what would happen to SJ so I skimmed through  news articles for ep16 and read about his fate and a few other things.    Still I’m eager to watch ep16 this evening.  

@abyssal
I agree about Jang Dong Gun as Kim Do Jin.  He knew how to deliver a character who is like a walking dead man. I think he should try a crime/detective drama (as a lead) next time.
Btw did you notice they made Rain in a shower scene with full clothes on!! :huh:  It was funny.  I have to guess they tried to boost the rating with a shower scene  but Rain thumbed down and at the end perhaps they compromised with a shower scene with clothes on??    haha  

hi guys, just watched episode 16 :'))))))))) 

here's my love letter:

Spoiler

Ah. Here we are at the end.

I must say, I didn't expect that at all. What a peaceful ending, and what an appropriate one. Si Hyun is now bravely using her powers for good, and Dong Soo finally moved on from Ji Soo's death.

Also, the open end is a nice way too for a season 2 possibility! Si Joon is alive and is probably still foreseeing things from behind the bars :'(

And CEO Min Sook is guaranteed to be arrested some time in the future. If there's a season 2, it would be nice for Si Hyun's ability to evolve, and idk, probably a new member for their small team <3 ? That finance guy seems to have chemistry and history too with Young Shim, so that's fun to explore as well~

But if season 2 never comes, it still is a beautiful way to end things. The mystery/origin of the sibling's power is still questionable, but they all grew so much and became a better person ;A; 

That final dream that Kim Do Jin had with his wife was also so beautiful :3 Great job, writers ///cries

And finally, I had so much fun talking and discussing this drama with you guys here :wub: I hope we can meet again in another drama!

I'm a fan of Lee Sun Bin, so hopefully we can meet again in her future dramas as well kyahh///

It's been fun guys!!!

12 hours ago, abyssal said:

Hide contents

ah good point! Maybe's it doesn't need to be said out loud or explained, but Si Hyun knows :'(

9 hours ago, booha said:

@snowquality

Thank you for seeing that crack. :phew:  hummm We will have to wait to see whether the writer has an answer for that or  it’s one of those things which we have to blink them out in order to enjoy watching the drama.  lol     After all a writer is human whose imagination can’t produce an answer for everything right?!!  haha   :sweatingbullets:
However I couldn’t wait till evening to find what would happen to SJ so I skimmed through  news articles for ep16 and read about his fate and a few other things.    Still I’m eager to watch ep16 this evening.  

@abyssal
I agree about Jang Dong Gun as Kim Do Jin.  He knew how to deliver a character who is like a walking dead man. I think he should try a crime/detective drama (as a lead) next time.
Btw did you notice they made Rain in a shower scene with full clothes on!! :huh:  It was funny.  I have to guess they tried to boost the rating with a shower scene  but Rain thumbed down and at the end perhaps they compromised with a shower scene with clothes on??    haha  

LOOOOLLL but then on that episode where he had a drink with Si Hyun, he suggested showing his shoulder to the director in the BTS video wkwkwkwkwk that's funny XD

And pls pls watch episode 16!!

Hi All! I just wanted to say how well intriguing and captivating Sketch had been for me. Great casting but honestly for the first time I truly appreciate EVERYONE in the supporting cast especially Lee Dong Gun and Lee Seung Joo without whom Sketch would be different for me at least.  LDG was brilliant as a villain as you get the feels for him thought he's the villain and i actually felt the great impact and feels from LSJ as well. These two men were brilliant to bring out the best in Sketch and i hope to see them more in future dramas.  

I actually became a LDG fan only after Sketch. And i am now marathoning Marry Him if you Dare as well as his other dramas. 

3 hours ago, gentlelily12 said:

I actually became a LDG fan only after Sketch. And i am now marathoning Marry Him if you Dare as well as his other dramas. 

I have just realized that it is his second time being cast in the same drama as Rain/Bi, the first one being Sang Doo, Let's Go to School.

Spoiler

I am Lee Dong Gun's fan since Sweet 18, his first lead role,  but I think he became better known after My Boyfriend is Type B, where he played opposite Han Ji Hye, his lead in Sweet 18. The scene where he confessed his love to the main lead in Lovers in Paris  was as popular as the foam kiss in Secret Garden. I've also enjoyed When It's at Night (opposite Kim Sun Ah) and Laurel Tree Tailors (where he met his wife). I never finished Mi Rae's Choice/Marry Him if You Dare and Super Daddy Yul though... I have also heard good things about Queen for Seven Days (he was the antagonist), but I don't really watch saeguks, so I haven't even started it. But I am under the impression that none of his other roles resembles this one, so I was proud (can I even say that?!) for taking on the challenge. I loved him in Sketch.

@booha Ahhh he pulls off the really pained look well! But for a lovey-dovey romance one so I don't feel like all he got was just a dream... Go watch Laurel Tree Tailors! It's quite long but hey he ended up marrying his female lead irl too so my heart is mended.

@snowquality :'') A long love letter to a love which has sailed away aihhhhh

@chdom I want one too! I'm not sure if JTBC has ever done a season two, but hey, we can always hope :') Sadly, this didn't make it as big as most dramas that reach a season 2, so, for now at least, it's up to our imagination. Would you all like to write some? ;p

@gentlelily12 I get what you mean man thoooo tbh they should have given us a Lee Seung Joo character poster but, that would have given the game away I guess? Honestly like kudos to JTJ's Jung Jin Young and KDJ's Lee Dong Gun ( @me040298 Oopsies thanks for the catch ;) for their fantastic depiction of a push-pull between killing and not, for the sake of a greater good. On this front, they were able to capture an aspect that Yoo Si Joon never gave.

Finally, a close but not a close?

Si Joon like ARGH how can you do that to Si Hyun? Like legit, when he shot, I think my heart stopped. I knew ofc that Dong Soo will jump in, but the fact that he shot at Si Hyun... I'm not sure if it's better that he maintained his standard that "Everything is for the greater good," or that he just had a double standard and protected our precious Si Hyun. Anyway he didn't.

Also, fine okay, Dong Soo didn't go to the dark side. Sure. Do it that way. But thank you for sparing both Do Jin and Si Joon and being the better person. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I like him a little bit more.

Also, I wanted to find out more about the psychic powers, and the meaning of the classroom and the sheer amount of symbols in this whole drama. I wanted to see an end to the cold sale, honestly, I'm not sure if an open ending was the best way.

But if it's open ending, then it's also more likely that we will get a season two, right?

I hope KDJ, JTJ, Prosecutor Min and everyone have a good get-together in the after life :') 
Lastly... Dear Si Hyun, though Si Joon wouldn't see you, I hope that you can hear it.

["Si Hyun-ah... Oppa loves you."]

Thanks y'all for this great drama... off to watch the BTS scenes and wind down from the sadness that was our second to last ending scene.

Archived