[Drama 2018] Sketch 스케치

Go Seung Ji

@snowquality (hearts hearts) & @celebrianna  (sighsss)

Yeah I know it's not going to fly by a justice viewpoint, especially not by Team Leader Moon. Honestly, I think Kang Dong Soo might secretly support them, his moral compass hasn't been all that straight. But honestly, I love how the show has decided to put us in this position where there are different sides acting against the baddies. That's new, interesting, but sets our heroes on a collision course :(

Though no one would believe him, if he was seeing people being killed by people, not just snatches that Si Hyun can draw... I do think that Si Joon is justified in his belief that he is doing it for the greater good. I doubt he denies that he is a murderer, but he thinks it would be for the best.

Anxious, anxious... next ep should be out soon?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, abyssal said:

@snowquality (hearts hearts) & @celebrianna  (sighsss)

Yeah I know it's not going to fly by a justice viewpoint, especially not by Team Leader Moon. Honestly, I think Kang Dong Soo might secretly support them, his moral compass hasn't been all that straight. But honestly, I love how the show has decided to put us in this position where there are different sides acting against the baddies. That's new, interesting, but sets our heroes on a collision course :(

Though no one would believe him, if he was seeing people being killed by people, not just snatches that Si Hyun can draw... I do think that Si Joon is justified in his belief that he is doing it for the greater good. I doubt he denies that he is a murderer, but he thinks it would be for the best.

Anxious, anxious... next ep should be out soon?

Like someone said a few weeks ago, he's comparable to Thanos, in a way XD Doing wrong things for the greater good. 

And yes it should be out anytime now! But the subs will probably drop a few hours from now :P Lowkey worried about the funeral scene ;A;

@abyssal, I get what you’re saying but have we ever thought about what if the future isn’t set in stone like the glimpses he sees in his vision? Suppose variables exist that can change that future? Suppose by doing some of the things he did he makes the future worse further into the future. Like suppose he gets rid of the elder and something rises up in the elder’s place that is much worse. I guess what I am trying to say is no one should be justified in deciding who should live and who should die. Clearly, Si Joon instructed DJ to kill DS’s fiancé and that just isn’t right to weigh her life against what might happen in the future. 

It is fascinating to think about these things. It’s not really new though. This kind of issue has been addressed in shows like Nine: Nine Time Travels, The Time Traveler’s Wife, Japanese anime, Death Note, Butterfly Effect, etc. In all of these people did things to affect, change, or snuff out the lives of others and the question of the morality of it arises.

Hnnnnghh since I can't hold muh feelings any longer............

SPOILER ALERT:

Spoiler

SOBSSSSSSSS Si Joon finally crossed the line ;A;

When he was face to face with Captain Moon I thought omg is he gonna shoot him because who's gonna die now if Lieutenant Oh survives- - - and then he shot him :bawling: 

I kind of saw it coming though, but the way he died OTL He doesn't deserve it///////////

One thing that pissed me off is that, Si Joon even called Tae Joon to prevent Lieutenant Oh's death, to protect Si Hyun's feelings ;A; But when Captain Moon busted him he just decided to shoot him :(  Now if the situation was to be reversed, if Lieutenant Oh was the one who caught him in action, I'm sure he would shoot her in a heartbeat. At this point, especially after getting tons of new leads on the Elder, he wasn't going to give up just like that, and it pains me that he chose to kill someone so close to him, someone who's almost like family. He sacrifices him, and adds another trauma for her sister for the sake of 'justice'? Man. I seriously wish he hadn't done that :tears: If he surrendered and let himself get arrested, I know it would take forever to track on the Elder again, but with his visions and whatnots, he can at least find some ways from inside the prison to get to the Elder. But of course story wise, that would not fit the timeline, especially since we're on episode 13 hhhhhhhhhh 

15 minutes ago, snowquality said:

Hnnnnghh since I can't hold muh feelings any longer............

SPOILER ALERT:

Reveal hidden contents

SOBSSSSSSSS Si Joon finally crossed the line ;A;

When he was face to face with Captain Moon I thought omg is he gonna shoot him because who's gonna die now if Lieutenant Oh survives- - - and then he shot him :bawling: 

I kind of saw it coming though, but the way he died OTL He doesn't deserve it///////////

One thing that pissed me off is that, Si Joon even called Tae Joon to prevent Lieutenant Oh's death, to protect Si Hyun's feelings ;A; But when Captain Moon busted him he just decided to shoot him :(  Now if the situation was to be reversed, if Lieutenant Oh was the one who caught him in action, I'm sure he would shoot her in a heartbeat. At this point, especially after getting tons of new leads on the Elder, he wasn't going to give up just like that, and it pains me that he chose to kill someone so close to him, someone who's almost like family. He sacrifices him, and adds another trauma for her sister for the sake of 'justice'? Man. I seriously wish he hadn't done that :tears: If he surrendered and let himself get arrested, I know it would take forever to track on the Elder again, but with his visions and whatnots, he can at least find some ways from inside the prison to get to the Elder. But of course story wise, that would not fit the timeline, especially since we're on episode 13 hhhhhhhhhh 

I mean like you expect it right but when it actually happens, oh that's really it.

I don't doubt that before this Si Joon has murdered, even if he's just ordering people to do it he's equally guilty but hearing him say that he doesn't know if he's good and him actually being bad are two different things.

I would like to know how Jang Tae Joon got to Kim Do Jin though. I swear in this kinds of drama sometimes I really wish some of the heroes had a less unswerving sense of justice so we get a better ending. Si Hyun is really really really going to be hurt when he finds out. And Si Joon knows this very well - he knows he can't apologise and he knows he's not good so the only way he can do anything is to hurry up find and kill the Elder so everything will be worth it in his head.

That preview though.... I'm worried. 

But darn it why didn't he just cook something up about footsteps instead of finding it out, like say that the chief wrote the words somewhere or something, when he said it was found out my heart dropped (Like he's going to be found out now and it isn't going to end with just him.)

But a fire? As we come to the end, I hope more questions get answered. With this kind of fallout, we won't be getting a season two. No redemption for Si Joon either lol, no closure for Si Hyun, and I guess the team will just have to be dissolved. Maybe it'll be for the better if at the end of this, at the end of the sibling's revenge their abilities will disappear. Imagine Si Joon in jail having all these visions about people dying and him not being able to do anything, I think I would lose my mind.

If Si Hyun loses her abilities though... IDK argh once this drama is over I will want to forget the bad^tm ending

Si Joon isn't going to be arrestable by anyone other than Si Hyun, after all.

2 hours ago, abyssal said:

I mean like you expect it right but when it actually happens, oh that's really it.

Hide contents

I don't doubt that before this Si Joon has murdered, even if he's just ordering people to do it he's equally guilty but hearing him say that he doesn't know if he's good and him actually being bad are two different things.

I would like to know how Jang Tae Joon got to Kim Do Jin though. I swear in this kinds of drama sometimes I really wish some of the heroes had a less unswerving sense of justice so we get a better ending. Si Hyun is really really really going to be hurt when he finds out. And Si Joon knows this very well - he knows he can't apologise and he knows he's not good so the only way he can do anything is to hurry up find and kill the Elder so everything will be worth it in his head.

That preview though.... I'm worried. 

But darn it why didn't he just cook something up about footsteps instead of finding it out, like say that the chief wrote the words somewhere or something, when he said it was found out my heart dropped (Like he's going to be found out now and it isn't going to end with just him.)

But a fire? As we come to the end, I hope more questions get answered. With this kind of fallout, we won't be getting a season two. No redemption for Si Joon either lol, no closure for Si Hyun, and I guess the team will just have to be dissolved. Maybe it'll be for the better if at the end of this, at the end of the sibling's revenge their abilities will disappear. Imagine Si Joon in jail having all these visions about people dying and him not being able to do anything, I think I would lose my mind.

If Si Hyun loses her abilities though... IDK argh once this drama is over I will want to forget the bad^tm ending

Si Joon isn't going to be arrestable by anyone other than Si Hyun, after all.

EDIT: putting on the spoiler bracket, oops

Spoiler

Dang it. if Si Hyun's power magically disappeared at the end, I would- - - Idk, I wouldn't be happy about it I guess, even though Si Hyun might lead a much better life without it. I just feel like, since the title of the drama is Sketch, the show hasn't fully explored deep into Si Hyun's ability. I feel like she's just a vessel for visions, bringing in cases to solve, and we don't really see any examples of how her powers grew in the past or if it's still growing at the moment. The focus is clearly about this Elder organization and the injustice happening around them, and Si Hyun is conveniently written as someone quite jaded, who has been dealing with her powers all her life. It's just a shame, aside from her heartbreaking backstory with Captain Moon's daughter, that we didn't get to see how she grew up with those powers as a teenager, I feel like we haven't really seen the real Si Hyun (and Si Joon, while we're at it). These remaining 3 episodes better explain things and wrap things out ;A;

And yeah, it was exciting to root for him, but when he crosses the line, it plain hurts. Agrees about that Footsteps though! That was rather sloppy of him! Maybe he too is still shaken after murdering Captain and didn't think things through. Sigh. And yep yep, Si Hyun's definitely gonna be the one dealing with his punishments later. I just wish we can know why and how these siblings got their powers. Seriously. 

18 minutes ago, samsherlock said:

I want season 2 sooo bad!!! Also did no one feel the spark when Kim do jin pulled oh yeong shim from her death? Or am I imagining things?

I see what spark you're talking about kekekekee//// But I think it was more like Yeong Shim got surprised that KDJ actually saved him XDDDDD 

1 hour ago, samsherlock said:

I want season 2 sooo bad!!! Also did no one feel the spark when Kim do jin pulled oh yeong shim from her death? Or am I imagining things?

Gosh that gave me such hope that they could change the future but then no argh! 

I was really worried that Jang Tae Joon didn't manage to make the call and Kim Do Jin would have decided it was necessary to kill her - I'm not sure if he managed to call or if KDJ isn't all gone yet :') As much as he may say it, he doesn't see himself as a mindless tool, he also questions them to make sure all his actions can be justified to himself

This is one of the two hardest to understand detective story I have ever watch and drawing me so much to its smooth transitions, music and very coordinated scenes. You have to watch every scene and be attentive to everything to understand.  All star casts are so good! Their acting so raw and pure especially crying and crying out.  I hope the story line will not bring them so much pain outside of their work as actors  Waiting for next episode! 

14 hours ago, samsherlock said:

I definitely felt it, haha! At this point I think I'm just a hopeless romantic, who wishes the whole world to be in love. :P

(But at the same time, KDJ has turned into a cold blooded killer, no matter how he justifies it. That kinda kills the mood.)

Thank you everybody!!  enjoying Sketch more because of your comments.  I’m rather new to this kind of drama. Without your inputs about the drama, I would have missed a lot.:)   
PS I read the next drama (My ID Is Gangnam Beauty) after Sketch has scheduled to broadcast on 7/27.  But Sketch will be done by 7/14 and there will be one week for no show. I wonder if this is what they normally do for a transition?

On 7/6/2018 at 11:56 AM, celebrianna said:

@abyssal, I get what you’re saying but have we ever thought about what if the future isn’t set in stone like the glimpses he sees in his vision? Suppose variables exist that can change that future? Suppose by doing some of the things he did he makes the future worse further into the future. Like suppose he gets rid of the elder and something rises up in the elder’s place that is much worse. I guess what I am trying to say is no one should be justified in deciding who should live and who should die. Clearly, Si Joon instructed DJ to kill DS’s fiancé and that just isn’t right to weigh her life against what might happen in the future. 

It is fascinating to think about these things. It’s not really new though. This kind of issue has been addressed in shows like Nine: Nine Time Travels, The Time Traveler’s Wife, Japanese anime, Death Note, Butterfly Effect, etc. In all of these people did things to affect, change, or snuff out the lives of others and the question of the morality of it arises.

Yeah I think future or past or time are just concepts which we created to make sense about our existence.  Such concepts give fertile ground for a writer to create so many fun and juicy plotlines which we can’t resist. :rolleyes: 

Episode 14~!

Spoiler

ooooo the mysteries are unraveling~ And I'm so glad Si Joon talked about their abilities! Two episodes more/////

I seriously don't know how Si Hyun will react when she knows the truth though, she has just lost Captain Moon, it's gonna be too much for her :bawling:

1 hour ago, snowquality said:

Episode 14~!

Reveal hidden contents

ooooo the mysteries are unraveling~ And I'm so glad Si Joon talked about their abilities! Two episodes more/////

I seriously don't know how Si Hyun will react when she knows the truth though, she has just lost Captain Moon, it's gonna be too much for her :bawling:

Aihhhh

We're so close now... We've found the cause, but now, I think, it's not so much Si Joon controlling JTJ. After that reveal about the hospital, I think this means that JTJ got to him and found out - he was the only survivor after all. And Si Hyun got free thank goodness, I'm glad the plan to wreck the elder so far is going well.

Curious to see what Lieutenant Oh's friend means by selling the country, also to see Si Hyun's sketches. Yep, haish, called that - in the moment where they really need their abilities, they're gone. I don't like how Dong Soo is hiding things from Si Hyun, she'll be even more hurt when she finds out, how could he have taken that chance to reveal their own weaknesses in front of the enemy?

Like dude you know he's an assassin, and then you go spouting your mouth off and allowed him to later rattle Si Hyun in the car. Argh. Frustrating. 

Yeah, but I'm glad to see more explanations coming out and the whole picture coming together. I hope that the police side quickly come to understand that X is trying to get rid of the Elder, and up till that point, people they can work with to get rid of him. It'll be such a waste if the country falls to ruins because they saw the sketch and not the whole picture :(((

8 hours ago, abyssal said:

Aihhhh

Hide contents

We're so close now... We've found the cause, but now, I think, it's not so much Si Joon controlling JTJ. After that reveal about the hospital, I think this means that JTJ got to him and found out - he was the only survivor after all. And Si Hyun got free thank goodness, I'm glad the plan to wreck the elder so far is going well.

Curious to see what Lieutenant Oh's friend means by selling the country, also to see Si Hyun's sketches. Yep, haish, called that - in the moment where they really need their abilities, they're gone. I don't like how Dong Soo is hiding things from Si Hyun, she'll be even more hurt when she finds out, how could he have taken that chance to reveal their own weaknesses in front of the enemy?

Like dude you know he's an assassin, and then you go spouting your mouth off and allowed him to later rattle Si Hyun in the car. Argh. Frustrating. 

Yeah, but I'm glad to see more explanations coming out and the whole picture coming together. I hope that the police side quickly come to understand that X is trying to get rid of the Elder, and up till that point, people they can work with to get rid of him. It'll be such a waste if the country falls to ruins because they saw the sketch and not the whole picture :(((

yeeeesh :'(

Spoiler

and when Si Joon blamed himself for the fire, does it mean that he started getting visions around that time? Did he hide his powers from his parents and Si Hyun?? All this time? Boyyyyyy I feel so bad for him. Why he gotta act so toughhh huhuhuhuhu poor Si Joon :'(

And it's interesting how you said that JTJ is the one reaching out to him and probably using him instead of the other way around like we're shown now. There's gotta be a reason why JTJ is on the poster and not Si Joon XD

But srsly srsly, I'm super excited when Si Joon mentioned how Si Hyun's power is beginning to match his, she's growing!! she needs to be the mutant she's meant to be and save the world!! woohoooooo!! hahahahhahaha but seriously, can't wait for next ep!

can't wait for the last two episodes seriously ~~ Poor Si Hyun's little heart having to deal with Captain Moon's death and later when she has to learn the truth about Si Joon :tears::tears:. Also, Si Hyun's power is slowly matching her brother's and she may have even stronger power in the future. I didn't see that coming!! :D

Btw, I just find another BTS video to loosen up the tension of the film :lol::lol:

Archived