[Drama 2018] Sketch 스케치

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong @snowquality I just saw your comment here.

For me I think Si Joon's ability to see the future saved Si Hyun. He just changed the circumstances of the person to die. No doubt Si Hyun's sketches are always right, if without interference. But because Si Hyun is Si Joon's sis, so he changed the future just to save her. I believe if Kim Do Jin was not there at that moment, Si Hyun could have died with a bullet through her head.

Ah yeah that makes total sense! I'm wondering though, how has he managed to keep his abilities from Si Hyun all these years? Wow.

Hi @celebrianna and @snowquality :rolleyes:

Yup I agree that there might be a Season 2. I noticed that Kdrama Crime seems to have Season 2 and so on for example: Mystery Queen and Secret Forest. Would love to see romance between Kang Dong Soo and Yoo Si Hyun but.......

Ah, I don't watch both dramas you mentioned, but now at least we can hope! KDS and Si Hyun's love line might be a stretch in this season, but season 2 might make it possible :')))))))

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

Gah, maybe an open end since season 2 is rare for kdrama shows. Let’s hope for the best though that they at least severely incapacitate the elder’s network. Ultimately I hope that they would be able to get rid of the organization but it’s seems like a formidable task.

Thought so as well, such organization would take generations to get rid off. Maybe the story ends with Kim Do Jin's death? I just feel like KDS needs to get his closure on Ji Soo at least in the end :/

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, snowquality said:

Ah, I don't watch both dramas you mentioned, but now at least we can hope! KDS and Si Hyun's love line might be a stretch in this season, but season 2 might make it possible :')))))))

Hi @snowquality chingu, if you like crime and investigation drama such as LOM, you should try the dramas I mentioned :rolleyes:

@alekaonu, what is LOM? Life on Mars?

@snowquality, as much as Dong Soo talk about it, I think it would be a turn in his character if he actually kill DJ out of revenge. I can see him killing him, however, in the line of duty. However, I also can see DJ dying by a mercenary of The Elder’s organization or by killing himself. 

21 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Hi @snowquality chingu, if you like crime and investigation drama such as LOM, you should try the dramas I mentioned :rolleyes:

Ooooo thanks again for the recommendations! I'm currently on a variety show binge, so Sketch is the only drama I'm following eheheheh~ But maybe someday I'll give it a try!

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

@alekaonu, what is LOM? Life on Mars?

@snowquality, as much as Dong Soo talk about it, I think it would be a turn in his character if he actually kill DJ out of revenge. I can see him killing him, however, in the line of duty. However, I also can see DJ dying by a mercenary of The Elder’s organization or by killing himself. 

Ah good point! KDS should be a better man, killing KDJ would just throw him back to the man he was at the beginning. It's possible that KDJ would snap nearing the end of the season, and secretly help KDS and friends to repent for his sins :') So yeah you're right, if he dies, it's possible he'll die by the hands of the Elder clan, probably even die protecting KDS's team or something ;A; omg so dramatic

23 hours ago, snowquality said:

Ah yeah that makes total sense! I'm wondering though, how has he managed to keep his abilities from Si Hyun all these years? Wow.

Thought so as well, such organization would take generations to get rid off. Maybe the story ends with Kim Do Jin's death? I just feel like KDS needs to get his closure on Ji Soo at least in the end :/

A good question  Yeah how Shi Joon could hide it from his sis all these years.  It seems Shi Joon’s premonition starts just like his sis Shi Hyun.  But it appears his revelation happens without any object like a sketch?     
Wow only 4 more eps left  yet this elder’s secret organization has hardly been touched by our team.  Everybody talked about the possible Sketch2 but can the writer come up with more surprise in Sketch2  like it did with the surprise revelation of Shi Joon’s identity?   ^_^

2 hours ago, booha said:

A good question  Yeah how Shi Joon could hide it from his sis all these years.  It seems Shi Joon’s premonition starts just like his sis Shi Hyun.  But it appears his revelation happens without any object like a sketch?     
Wow only 4 more eps left  yet this elder’s secret organization has hardly been touched by our team.  Everybody talked about the possible Sketch2 but can the writer come up with more surprise in Sketch2  like it did with the surprise revelation of Shi Joon’s identity?   ^_^

Ahhh, yeah the pressure to make an equally (if not better) second season must be high ;A;  oh and about Si Joon's power, is it possible that he only obtains it after their parents were murdered? That way everyone around them would be too busy on helping out, taking care of the funeral etc, so Si Joon might had to learn to deal with his newfound powers and at the same time, prematurely man up to protect his sister. Omg I have such strange choice of words//// mianhae///

51 minutes ago, coolbett1357 said:

I love how every week JTBC keeps us updated with what goes behind the scenes of the film :wub::wub:. Keep up the good work, JTBC!!!

Thanks for sharing this!! Lee Sun Bin is like everyone's little sister awwww so mischievous and full of energy! Is there any eng subs for these bts videos?

@snowquality, I do wonder how our team will find out about the Elder’s organization because they don’t even seem to have a clue. Only unless they find this out through the kidnapping of Mr. X and also find out about Mr. X’s true identity. I feel like they need to reveal it in the episodes this weekend because we’re so close to the end.

18 hours ago, snowquality said:

Thanks for sharing this!! Lee Sun Bin is like everyone's little sister awwww so mischievous and full of energy! Is there any eng subs for these bts videos?

Hi @snowquality, unfortunately, I cannot find any english subs for these BTS videos:( I wish that s/o would sub these for us B)

Hi @alekaonu@snowquality, @celebrianna, why I feel like the chance to get a season 2 for Sketch is very slim, although I would love to have an extension of the episodes :D:D so that there would be room for our two main leads to develop some more feelings towards each other if any :rolleyes:. There are only 4 episodes left and still many mysteries that need to be resolved, esp when the Elder' identity has not been discussed yet. I wonder how they can put everything together in these last eps.

Also, they mentioned the Principle of Causality throughout the film (like the case when Shi Hyun was saved and the other guy died instead of her). I wonder if at the end Mr. X has to pay for what he has done to other people. No matter what, I think Shi Hyun will feel very betrayed when she finds out his lying to her and if anything bad happens to him, she will probably break down as well :tears::tears:

@coolbett1357, I quickly gave up on romance for this series once I realized that DS was engaged and he would therefore be grieving for her throughout the show. I knew the fiancé would be killed because it was in the story synopsis. I basically content myself with the mysteries in the show, watching them revealed episode by episode. 

I think Mr. X will have to pay for what he has done. It’s rare that a crime show doesn’t make a character like that pay for his crimes because they are in fact crimes no matter how good his intentions regarding eliminating the cancer of the elder’s organization. If he lives, I think Shi Hyun will be okay with him in jail.

hi @celebrianna i think that's the reason why Rain signed up for Sketch because there's not much romance and kisses. He wants to keep his wife, Kim Tae Hee, happy :P furthermore he is a new dad.

hi @coolbett1357 if the ratings for Sketch is good, I'm sure there will be Season 2 after my experience with Mystery Queen and Secret Forest. There is another crime drama that has Season 2 too, I think, but at the moment I can't recall the title. Unless the ending of Sketch finishes satisfactory and no open ending, this will mean no Season 2. Anyway either way is still fine for me.

hi @coolbett1357  awwww too bad :') Sometimes there's a BTS vid that gets subbed on youtube, but that's like one in a million (at least for LSB so far //crieeeessss)

@celebrianna ohhh what a nice possibility! Si Joon in jail sounds pretty proper to me, but it would be so painful for Si Hyun ;A; Is this series lowkey a comingg of age story for Si Hyun?? XDDDD

@alekaonu Hoooo I see! Then let's just wait and see what happens! //crossing fingers 

hi @celebrianna i think that's the reason why Rain signed up for Sketch because there's not much romance and kisses. He wants to keep his wife, Kim Tae Hee, happy :P furthermore he is a new dad.

I thought the same thing, too. :) 

I like so very much how the lead characters interact, that I still wished (in the story) something more would develop. They've both suffered so much, I hope by the end they start having more peace and balance in their life. :)

On 7/5/2018 at 6:38 AM, alekaonu said:

hi @coolbett1357 if the ratings for Sketch is good, I'm sure there will be Season 2 after my experience with Mystery Queen and Secret Forest. There is another crime drama that has Season 2 too, I think, but at the moment I can't recall the title. Unless the ending of Sketch finishes satisfactory and no open ending, this will mean no Season 2. Anyway either way is still fine for me.

I suppose the other crime drama with a second season you are thinking of is Voice or Mrs. Cop (EDIT: l almost forgot about Bad Guys. It also had a 2nd season). Cheo Yong also had a second season, but I doubt you were thinking about that one, as I could also remember only that there was a drama with "Ch..." and "Yo..." in the title (it wasn't really impressive).

But is there a second season for Forest of Secrets? Why haven't I heard of it? When? What about the cast?  

I know it's pretty bad lol for Si Joon, Jang Tae Joon, Kim Do Jin from a justice point of view, but like I'm really really rooting for them all to take down the Elder together. When Ep 10 came out and Si Joon suddenly became the bad guy I think my heart nearly stopped because before this every time Si Joon and Si Hyun look at each other they're so full of love and they're literally clinging to one another - like episode 10 took my heart out and stepped all over it.

Now I can't stop thinking about what Si Hyun will think when she inevitably finds out what her Oppa has been doing. Like every time she says, "Oppa," with love and adoration I get a little bit more afraid for both of them. I admit I am very very happy and willing to shove aside the whole murdering for justice thing to let Si Joon justify himself as cutting out a cancerous tumour as terrible as it sounds.

Pre-emptive murder when there's nothing else you can do. Because the legal system is rotten and people will die in the meantime, honestly, in a world like that where they can predict the future, I think their methods are justifiable by their standards.

Also that the way Si Joon says, "Si Hyun-ah," erases all the doubts in my mind that he honestly loves and treasures and will protect his sister till the end of his days. I think considering how far we are into this series, there is no hope for a romantic loveline because Dong Soo has his wife, and like, just replay the scene where Si Joon and Si Hyun are interacting. There is no way Si Hyun's love for anyone can compare to her love for her brother. Given that everyone else is going to wind up against her brother at the end, I don't think it's impossible for Si Hyun to end up going with her emotions and siding with her brother. Her character is not set up for righteousness but correction of the future that she can draw. 

HAHA okay but all the same, I think the plot twists and everything are really good and fresh so far. I did not expect them to have wanted to kill that other prosecutor, and until the end, I hope that Si Joon and Jang Tae Joon's plan works out. I think Jang Tae Joon might die though. Looking at his regrets after drinking, he might slip up somewhere. I hope Si Joon doesn't get hurt. That would destroy Si Hyun, if she reacted like that to the scar and her desperation in finding him in the refrigerator area, if he dies she will lose it.

Interested to see how the future viewing ability continues to develop, and I'm actually happy with the pace. I understand people find it to be slow and draggy because it's 16 episodes and we're here, not anywhere near a conclusion - that may be slow. But if only it were a 20, 24 episode drama, give us more heart-to-heart, lengthen the dialogues and moral tussling, that would be really good. Concerned if the ending will but rushed/sloppy at this rate, especially if we don't get a season 2.

(Also also I read a post before this that someone else is really rooting for Si Joon, yes oh gosh I'm on your team entirely, romance may be out the window for this drama but give me more of the siblings scenes together, please give those two a happy ending together, but I think the Law of Causality will come back and haunt them. I have a sinking feeling Si Joon will die in the end, saving Si Hyun from an evil fate that he created due to his actions.)

@abyssal heyyoo! I don't know if it was my post that you saw, but yaaass I ROOT FOR SI JOON AND HIS DANGEROUS WAYS AND HIS PURE BROTHERLY LOVE FOR SI HYUN //cries Universe pls protect these two :')))))

After reading your comment, I thought that maybe it's exactly because of this seer-like powers, that Si Joon sort of 'plays God'. I didn't realize that until now wow. It's not playing God in a bad way obviously, but being able to see the future and do something that has a 100% chance of cancelling a murder/anything bad, is something that must've been burdening him.

Whereas our baby Si Hyun is still innocent and tries to 'prevent' instead of 'stopping' things, but this might be because of the limitations of her powers. I mean, her drawings never really explain anything, it's a still image of unknown people and locations :'( 

Meanwhile her oppa seems to have clearer views of the future or something (probably a glimpse of moments or scenes from the future, instead of images) :/ Who knows what kind of hell he has to see every day in his head :'((((((

@abyssal and @snowquality, I understand your points of view with supporting Mr. X but judging by the way Shi Hyun and the team believes and operates, they will not support what Mr X is doing just because they find out about the elder organization. To me DJ is sympathetic too because he was a good guy but ultimately it’s Mr. X’s proxy who encouraged him on the wrong path of killing people. The first police officer too turned against them because he also realized they were killing innocent people to achieve their goal. No matter their good intentions, a human life is still precious and taking the law into your hands should not be easily excused. That said, I do want them to take down the elder’s organization if they can.

17 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@abyssal and @snowquality, I understand your points of view with supporting Mr. X but judging by the way Shi Hyun team believes and operates, they will not support what Mr X is doing just because they find out about the elder organization. To me DJ is sympathetic too because he was a good guy but ultimately it’s Mr. X’s proxy who encouraged on the wrong path of killing people. The first police officer too turned against them because he also realized they were killing innocent people to achieve their goal. No matter their good intentions, a human life is still precious and taking the law into your hands should not be easily excused.

Ah, I see your point! Though, in case of rooting for Si Joon, for me personally I simply want to see the downfall of the organization, more so than justifying Si Joon's wrong doings and the blood he shed. But you're right! The fact that Si Joon is also murderer is what polarizes his character ;A;

Archived