[Drama 2018] Sketch 스케치

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Sketch 스케치 - Rain, Lee Sun Bin and Lee Dong Gun - Fri and Sat @ 23:00 KST

I really love the premiere, Lee Sun Bin's acting skills really improved a lot from her last drama.. this is her first female lead role and im really happy for her.

Ratings for JTBC 'Sketch' 

Nielson Korea: 3.3%

TNMS(Global): 3.4%

For a cable tv drama, its considered to be a good start!!(:

Source:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/6466298/broadcastInfo/ratingCard

Lee Sun Bin's acting really has improved by a lot, and when I say a lot, it really does show. Because if you see in her previous dramas where she was a co-actress, while her acting has always been steadily improving, in Sketch, you see her hard work shown in how she portrays her character, all that efforts as well. Episode 1 really blew us fans away >_< because its really so good and i hope that Sun Bin will get more love as the episodes go!!! Please be good, Sketch <3 Let her first female lead role be good too, hwaiting, Sunbin ah :)

Her expressions' compilation.. too precious >_<

DeDzaYdVQAAQ1Xj.jpg

RECAP

In Episode 1, I like how they start the episode with Sunbin's character ominously drawing on her sketchbook and saying how 'Tonight, someone will die." Then they show a sketch with a person wearing the jacket floating on the water, presumably dead.

After we get to see Rain's character and his relationship with his fiancee through the telephone call, we are introduced with the scene where there are two people wearing the same ominous jacket but one of them is the boss of the mafia group, which means the another guy would be the one to die in his stead, presumably 'clearing' his crimes for him by committing suicide.

Then we get to see how Rain showcases his action scenes, which he previously commented during the Press Conference that he sort of regretted taking up his role in Sketch because the action scenes were really difficult to pull it off but i'm proud that he didn't get a stunt double to do it.

At this point in time, Yoo Shi Hyun steps in as she finally found the place that matches her sketches, and thankfully the bullet missed her as it hit her earrings instead of her ears. And omg, Yoo Shi Hyun (Lee Sun Bin) showing her action scenes!!!! Its just too delicious to take in, as there wasn't much action scenes for her to do in her previous drama, Criminal Minds... The way she just flips the criminal as well as Rain later on is just too sexy and fierce!! I'm proud of her being able to part with her long hair because all of her previous dramas she acted in, she had long hair but I like this refreshing change of appearance, especially because there would be more action scenes to do, having short hair is definitely easier to handle action scenes.

Oh oh and the exciting part comes after she manages to prevent that replacement guy from committing suicide and to stay with his daughter. When Yoo Shi Hyun suddenly had an ominous splitting headache, it also shows that she is not doing this consciously because the way she draws out her sketches while staring into blank space as though she was in a trance, portrays the fact that she has no other choice in resisting against her sketches.

Backtracking a bit, you can see how Yoo Shi Hyun tries to change her sketches into becoming a reality but somehow or some way, it would always become a reality, so this is why the director said that Yoo Shi Hyun's sketches has 100% probability of it becoming a reality..

Next, we see how Rain's character saw her sketchbook but yes as per usual, they would always refuse to believe first. I hope he does not hate Shi Hyun or blame her power in predicting the future too much when his wife dies in the next episode or episode 3..

Wow and I'm getting a hunch as to who may be the one to kill his wife, could it be the guy who approached the one who had an injured ear? hmmm... Since they managed to save her from drowning in the water, she could have met another mishap or encounter the murderer later on and this time would be fatal....

Fighting, Lee Sun Bin!!! On real-time Naver Search, 'Sketch' is still within the top 10!!! It remained on #1 place for 2 hours!!!

8T1pvvM.jpg

o9xRn6E.jpg

23 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I like that SH isnt lonely, and that the team that uses her drawings, is already formed.

I like DS too, and as soon as he sat down in the car at SH, they clicked as a team.

They look natural together.

same!!! i like how everything has been laid out for the story to continue to progress without having to wait for this or that to be formed or started, which would end up dragging the drama even more... 

its nice to see how SH does not give up trying to change the future and she even tries to get DS to talk even for just 10 minutes to try and convince him to work with her on her sketches. I really love how this story is going :)

Okay so Episode 2 has us on teeterhooks again as we know that the victim isn't the one who got raped in Episode 1 but KDJ's wife who was targeted by the two bad guys. And as a result of them having to track down SDY, they also found the fact the Dong Soo's fiancee happens to be there because her car's tyres needed to be replaced after an accident that almost had her life, but this also causes her to miss her meeting with KDJ... (was it also premeditated? was someone out to kill her or what).

I have to say Lee Sun Bin's acting skills are really good this episode too, as her expressions really show the intense and nervous atmosphere as well as the poignant and sorrowful atmosphere at the ending...

Keep on doing a great job Sunbin ah, we're all here to support your first ever lead role :)

055Khtg.jpg

Going back to the episode recap,

If only Dong Soo had listened to Shi Hyun's advice in going after the bad guy instead of choosing to save his fiancee, because he would have been able to catch the criminal better than Shi Hyun, when you compare the physique and experience of catching criminals between Shi Hyun and Dong Soo.

Especially the fact that Dong Soo has caught the same criminal before too. Sigh, so in the end he managed to save his fiancee but Shi Hyun (after saving the bad guy from being hit by the falling equipments so as to prevent him from dying and that they would be able to interrogate him) was hit by the criminal in the head pretty badly and ended up in a coma for about 1 day in the hospital.

But like what the show is about, Principle of Causality, there is a reason to everything that happens as well as the cause and effect, so when Dong Soo chooses to save his fiancee, he also gave the criminal the chance to commit the crime again.

While Shi Hyun is in the hospital , we are brought to KDJ's character story and how he walks onto the path of being the bad guy after losing his wife. Jang Tae Joon, someone who can foresee the future but not as specific as Yoo Shi Hyun's ability, chooses to use it to play God and achieve his own ideals of justice. As a result, he approaches KDJ and explained to him that he can help him to find a reason to live instead of wasting his life. But instead of helping him to walk on the good guy path, he asks him to kill bad guys to prevent them from committing crimes??? Isn't this also murder...  But of course all dramas would always show the doubt and disbelief of the character as how KDJ reacted when Jang Tae Joon asks him to kill the drunkard before he drink drive and kill someone. But later on, he believed the old man's words after witnessing the death of the mother and the child, so he decided to achieve justice by killing those bad guys according to what Jang Tae Joon asks him to, starting from SDY, the criminal who raped the first victim in Episode 1 and got away from the two main leads.

At this point in time, KDS's fiancee was already taken away by SDY and KDS was tied to the wall by his own handcuffs, so we see some heart wrenching moment when he forces his hand out of the handcuffs (ouch). And then, we also see how Yoo Shi Hyun dreams of some scenes of someone getting stabbed as well as a child facing the murderer(?), is this some sort of hint as to what will happen in the future or is this something that happened when YSH was a child? After all, that child seems to be 5 years old and Yoo Shi Hyun got her ability to sketch the future when she was 5 years old... hmmm..

When Yoo Shi Hyun wakes up from her coma, her partner from the investigation team, Oh Young Sim updates her on what is happening so far while she was unconscious. But YSH gets this ominous feeling and asks to see her sketches, and she realises that the clothing in her sketches is different from what the fiancee was wearing that time when she almost drowned, so she looks up at the clock and realises that the sketch has not yet happened but would be happening soon. Like we know already, her sketches have 100% probability of becoming a reality, so there is no escape from it.

In a hurry to get to Kang Dong Soo, she took off her bandages and her IV drip (like girl, weren't you injured quite badly in the head? your wounds seemed to magically disappear in 2 days' time - Directors need to be more realistic when they want to portray injured people).

And YSH rushed to KDS in her car and saw that he was sitting on the floor. After getting the location information from her partner Oh Young Sim, both of them hurried to the location where his fiancee and SDY is at.

At this point in time, we see how SDY almost approached the fiancee aka Prosecutor Min (isnt she a prosecutor? she could have fought or resisted...), but KDJ interrupted him by walking into the warehouse and confronted him whether was he the one who killed his wife. SDY tries to play dumb and does not seem to know his wife, but when he heard his accomplice's name, he said he would have done it better by getting rid of the body if he had killed her instead of his accomplice. This angered KDJ even more and as a result, he shot SDY despite Prosecutor Min's attempts to stop him.

This is where we see how KDJ transforms into a bad guy after losing all hope and full of vengeance, as he apologises to Prosecutor Min despite everything that she said to him, and we are cut to the scene where the two main leads have arrived at the location. When they rushed in the scene, KDS and YSH saw that the criminal SDY was already dead upon their arrival and KDS spotted his wife's body lying in a corner, which brings us to the fact that no matter how much he tries to save her, if she was bound to die according to YSH's sketch, there would be no use trying to change it, like if only he chose to catch the criminal instead of saving her from the water.

Prosecutor Min's body was lying down in a corner with a gun in her hand, which could only suggest that KDJ wants to push the blame of killing the criminal onto Prosecutor Min because he wants to proceed on with his own revenge, it would not be good for him to get chased by the police or be involved in the investigations if his fingerprints were to be found on the gun, so he made it look as though it was Prosecutor Min who killed the criminal with the gun and commit suicide by shooting herself to avoid being investigated. As KDS takes in the entire scenario and his fiancee's dead body, his heart breaks and cries out as he failed to protect her this time round, and YSH stands behind feeling sorrowful as she could not do anything again.

Backtracking to the gun in Prosecutor Min's hand, knowing that his fiancee would be suspected for killing the criminal, it would hurt KDS's heart even more because he knows someone else killed his fiancee and because he loves his fiancee a lot, he would rather take on the blame than to let his fiancee get all the blame.

So in next week episodes' preview, we see how someone moving the criminal's body away and  attempts to cover up the crime, as well as KDS getting handcuffed and brought to the police station, which could hint to the fact that KDS tries to alter the crime scene and this could hurt his job and he could have been suspended for doing it, which means he might have no other choice but to join YSH's team to go on preventing further crimes.

We also see how YSH has another episode of blacking out and drawing the sketches again, making next episode even more exciting to look forward to!! Ahhhh >_<

Never been a fan of Bi or the lady lead except for Lee Donggun! I know LDG is always best in either being antagonist or protagonist; cute and cheeky or badass. I like his aura here — he is sincere but sincerely wrong as he is really hurting or probably my mind will change about my thoughts here if I can find out if he didn’t kill KDS’s fiancee! 

My heart broke for Bi’s when he begged his fiancee not to go anywhere and when he cried out seeing his fiancee lifeless. I got hooked also about his being badass like detective acting similar to 38 or Signal and I love both series.  I heard the same writer penned this series. For the lady lead I hope my impression I watched the Criminal Minds as JJ will be overlooked already so I can move on about her. Haha.

Anyway, as always, I complete whatever I started no matter what. 

(SPOILERS) JTBC's Sketch ⇛ Episode 1 - 2

Spoiler

0003789955_001_20180526074912793.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-27%2Bat%2B7.27.0
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-27%2Bat%2B7.26.5

1. [+1415, -102] Unexpectedly, I really enjoyed yesterday's episode,  the story is good and it's also scary, I'm going to watch it live today too~ I know Jung Ji Hoon is good at acting but yesterday, you can tell his experience and he had actor vibes~~ I hope 'Sketch' hits daebak~ They also got good ratings for their first episode ㅎㅎ

2. [+769, -36] They should've promoted it/marketed it more before starting ㅠㅠㅠ I didn't even know it was airing and just happened to catch it while flipping channels and time just flew by. Rain is really good at acting, when he's delivering his lines while eating, you can hear everything clearly 

3. [+462, -33] I watched yesterday to watch Rain but the story was really good so I was surprised! I really had a good time watching it!! I thought it would be brutal and scary but it was good to watch with family 

4. [+285, -11] While watching, I started thinking that Jung Ji Hoon has more popular dramas than Kim Tae Hee, I found it funny. I thought of Jung Ji Hoon as a singer but he was also awesome in 'Full House'.   

5. [+328, -60] I don't watch dramas that often but I watched it because I heard Rain is coming out. It's been a while since I payed attention while watching, it was good ^^

Spoiler

MB3d2pjib3iDGPS0u128q502CoTDO8fa33V7qCw2

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-27%2Bat%2B7.47.4
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-27%2Bat%2B7.47.3

1. [+451, -31] The time seriously flies by, the immersion is also ㅎㄷㄷ I cried along with Rain when he cried ㅜㅜㅜ his acting is jjang

2. [+349, -21] The baby daddies are really charming and sexy 

3. [+176, -15] When Rain was crying, I could feel the sadness and I just instinctively said: "what is he going to do". I think they're going to confront each other next week! Sketch fighting!    

4. [+104, -7] Wow they're good at acting, the immersion is good, and it's also fun to watch~  

Spoiler

dXPteaZm83RzIRi5sPyBfqNV-yr7WK9V4Hth5t7G

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-27%2Bat%2B7.56.3
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-27%2Bat%2B7.56.2

1. [+481, -69] Rain.. I feel like he's good at immersive acting too~ I'll be looking forward to next week's episodes too~~

2. [+321, -52] I don't know if it's because the actor who plays Lee Dong Gun's wife's acting is awkward but because I couldn't really feel their love for each other, when the wife died - I didn't really feel his sadness so the probability of him killing in the future felt really week ㅜ I think it would've been better if it was a bit more sadder, that bit was really a shame ㅜ 

3. [+196, -29] It was a bit fresh... These days, there's only genres where the culprit is always hidden....You're watching while knowing who the culprit is...

4. [+142, -11] It was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be~~ I was surprised

5. [+202, -87] Wow~~~~ Rain comes out, I have to watch because of Jung Ji Hoon, he's so cool, I'm going to re-watch episode 1, Jung Ji Hoon's police role looks like it's going to be fun  

cr

Archived