[Drama 2018] Should We Kiss First?, 키스 먼저 할까요

0ly40

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cat #1 (MH dying), Cat #2 (MH is the jelly advertiser) and Cat #3 (MH getting assisted suicide) are out of the bag. So what really was that recording from Apollo? From the translation it seem that MH did feel cheated by the company due to SJ's daughter's incident, but he was more concerned because he already published a book containing that? I didn't really get that part.

I really hope SJ didn't get screwed by her lawyer. That would be devastating especially as MH is leaving right after the trial. What will be the role of the younger Apollo boss? He didn't seem to be as cold hearted as the older one.

Timeline... timeline... The trial is 13 April (Friday). Which means that MH & IW is leaving for Switzerland the next day 14 Apr. SJ will start working on Monday. There's hope that MH wont be leaving just yet afterall! Surely they wont cram a day's worth into the remaining episodes, right?

The opening scene at the beach when SJ asked if MH planned this all along must be coming soon - now that SJ is basically aware of all his plans. Their last "play" together? I suppose what is bothering SJ all this while is whether MH is playing with her heart to achieve atonement - the redemption he craves for before he dies? Then she feels guilty to her child for falling for him and enabling MH to get that from her. In the  opening scene MH said loving her wasn't his plan but his mistake. Looking at that scene again I thought SJ looked relieved when she whispered "mistake". Because that releases her from her guilt to her child. He wasn't fooling her but with all history between them it is probably difficult to differentiate between sincerity and remorse.

2 hours ago, dzareth said:

I really hope SJ didn't get screwed by her lawyer. That would be devastating especially as MH is leaving right after the trial. What will be the role of the younger Apollo boss? He didn't seem to be as cold hearted as the older one.

It might be a good thing if SJ gets screwed over by her lawyer.

-If the lawyer screw of SJ   MH won't be able to leave; he will have to stay and work to reconstruct the evidence.

-I don't think that MH believes that the 20 million is the best gift he can give SJ.  He knows it is justice for her daughter so he will stay and fight.

-The most fertile conditions under which loves grow is two people working together for the same goal against seemingly insurmountable obstacles. 

When KS called MH trash in an earlier episode I thought it was because he knew of his role in the candy advertisement.  Today's episode suggested that he didn't know.  So I am confused why KS called MH trash with such conviction.

5 hours ago, dzareth said:

Cat #1 (MH dying), Cat #2 (MH is the jelly advertiser) and Cat #3 (MH getting assisted suicide) are out of the bag. So what really was that recording from Apollo? From the translation it seem that MH did feel cheated by the company due to SJ's daughter's incident, but he was more concerned because he already published a book containing that? I didn't really get that part.

I think what was potentially upsetting about that recording is that MH was more concerned that his reputation as the advertiser would be harmed by the child's death, rather than upset about the death itself. The fact that he wrote about the advertisement proudly in his book would make sure that people knew he was the one who made that ad.

And the chairman taunted MH that he wouldn't want his wife (Soon Jin) to hear about how shallow he was. But it was obvious that there was no chance this recording would keep MH from testifying, so it was a pretty silly effort. (Also, she already knows that because he refused to testify when she came to him crying and begging.)

Both the Apollo chairman and their lawyer are ridiculous, cartoon villains.

Even the doctor who performed the autopsy refuses to testify because his reputation might be harmed. In the end, that is all most people care about, unless they're dying... which I guess is the point of this show? Like, most people are selfish turds until they get some terminal disease and have nothing left to lose, and only then do they start to consider other people's feelings?

I don't know. I'm really kind of bummed out. This whole lethal-candy storyline has put such a dour spin on this story that it's kind of sucked all the life and spirit out of this show. I'm sure that MH loves SJ beyond all the dying and atonement. I'm sure SJ also loves MH beyond all the gold-digging and the revenge. Whatever brought these two together, the core of what they feel for each other is love. But, the rest... well, it's become a lot of work to try and enjoy this show. All this courtroom, corporate stuff feels jarring.

I think a huge part of it is that the side characters just feel extraneous, irritating, or both.

I enjoy Mira, but she really has nothing to do but just be a wacky, menopausal weirdo.

What is even the point of Ji-Min's existence?

I am glad to see that Soon-Jin got a job that she will obviously be awesome at. Like she's finally getting her life back after a decade of grief, I guess? And she'll be a rich widow, too. So... win?

The last funny thing I want to mention is that the show's title in Korean is written in the upper left corner of the screen, which for whatever reason I haven't noticed before. And above the title? It says, "Real Adult Melo." That just makes me laugh. Like, what is that? A warning? That this story is about oldsters, so you've been warned?

@dzareth  The obnoxious Apollo Chairman threat to MH, which really is a non threat since no matter what, MH will testify for SJ, was to show how callous, cruel MH was and to shame him in front of his wife that he cared more for his reputation and his book than that of a child who had died from eating the jelly. If SJ's lawyer did not appear in court then MH is likely to stay on instead of leaving the next day (14 April) since his promise to testify for SJ will not be completed yet.  

@hushhh  I agree with you that MH's best gift for SJ is to help her win the court case against Apollo and bring justice to Da On. 

Despite the sombre and dark moods, there are some very touching scenes that I enjoy in these latest few episodes:

SJ recollecting all the wonderful things that MH did for her

MH rushing to check whether she was injured when SJ threw the lamp and  crashed the glass shelf 

MH making IW promise that even if MH is not around to continue to see through the case for SJ (gathering evidence from China)

IW's loyalty and love for his friend such that he is going to accompany him to Switzerland. He told MH that he will respect MH's decision just as MH should respect his too

Our OTP's conversation about cherry blossom, heart fluttering when they bloom and heart breaking when they fall

Was the `roundabout' scene at the end of episode 32 something for us to look forward to? MH wiping SJ's tears at the zoo? I notice that MH has been unshaven when he went to the court and also in this scene

@USAFarmgirl  Like you and many here, I pray that the warmth and sunshine will come to MH and SJ soon...yes..and a miracle or 2 too.

MH's voice over at the end of episode 30, `My life was a journey of taking so many roundabouts just to end up with you'. This couple, please spend more time together and create as many lovely moments and memories as possible.

I have just watched ep 32 ( I cheated  after skipping many) and no way can it be the last. His friend/lawyer(?) who was so handsome in Full house is devastated. The women are still sharing secrets, and the main gal is still in the courthouse.

The drama has a tragic storyline but there were many funny moments in the early episodes. I enjoyed those greatly. Then it got serious with a bickering couple, and that spoilt brat - all American-born or bred Koreans seem to be obnoxious. :DPerhaps she is the typical chaebol's offspring?

The main actress looks so different from her KSS days, I am sure she has botox injections, the upper part of her face just doesn't move. She is a great actress though, even if  her face seems rigid.  

I think the guy played in the Clown and the king. That was great TV movie.

Utterly shocking to me was the full nudity scenes - the guy in the locked-in the bathroom scene and the gal with the spoilt girl scene. I can't believe this is allowed on TV in Korea.:)

P/S  I can't sympathise with the mistress, even with all those tears and touchy-feely stuff.

@USAFarmgirl  cousin I get to read your beautiful postings again. I think we were watching different shows.

I watched 3 dailies in a row and had to recalibrate my brain for a few months. Glad to be watching the same again.

Jackson Browne in the background at the bar he and his friend were talking. 

Oppressively sad at  times but like someone else said such a realistic depiction of relationships. Nevertheless hard show to watch and will never rewatch this.

Finally caught up to epi 28.  Why can't they just talk to each other instead of letting all these happen?  They are truly in love but yet without talking it through, thinks otherwise of the other party.

That said, IW and MR is my fav couple in this show.  They are cute.  And this is the first show I see MR as a hip lady (despite the menopausal actions) instead of an angry spinster.  And I love her dance scene with SJ.

@maribellaimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-zc4LKKyvDqGX_it0MUWCousin....  Welcome!!!  

Where have you been hiding out?  It's been way to long!!!:blush:

84f14983e97144ccbec7a26a118446bd.jpeg?x=   You're showing up at the perfect time for there is enough sadness to go around and around again...

Maybe your coming finally is proof that there is light and love on the way.  I know this, I sure could use some change in this drama.  It's been beautiful and yet it's heart breaking watching two people who may or may not have much time left.  Yet they choose to waste it on not sharing their hearts or honest words with each other.  To have within their grasp such amazing love and yet to continue to throw it away and waste precious time on holding back because of the past...  Instead of grabbing each other like there is no tomorrow and making the most out of this miracle they were blessed to have...

@USAFarmgirl  I needed a long break after watching so many dailies. So now I am watching this show which is ending :(. It is going to be sad just like the old Autumn story, highwy to heaven .... I like , I like... :D  I missed a good cry. Those dailies gave me some really hilarious times - not supposed to be, annoying times and finally the forgiving all around even to a baby kidnapper, multi-murderer.... utter hair pulling session.

I have not watched the actress much before. The first few episodes showed her trying to trap this rich guy and obviously she is not the gold digging type. The voice overs were just funny. 

I wish I could figure out why her ex is still so concerned for her and the main actor's  ex-wife seemed to be sticking her nose into his affairs just as much. This is a lesson to people who find the grass is not greener on the other side, ruin their marriage to the one they love by casual sex affairs, then repent in leisure.

On 14/4/2018 at 6:51 PM, himmawarie said:

Look like they clear all miss understanding. Caaaaaannn't waiiiiit....:wub:

SJ forgave MH :) She truly loves him..

I really like their hug scenes. In the preview it's the first time MH's initiated their hug :tongue: Other times it's SJ who opened her arms and he's the one who leaned in to her.

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Hi  Chingu's     Annyeonghaseyo chingu's 

Does anyone know when this drama ends? I stopped watching it after the leads got married waiting to binge watch the rest of the drama. 

Hi~ The drama got extended and will end on 24 April.

(but why the preview gives me the feeling it will end next week lol)

Archived