[Drama 2018] Should We Kiss First?, 키스 먼저 할까요

0ly40

20 hours ago, dzareth said:

It has been a long time since I've been superbly excited about k-drama. The last one that excited me was Heart to Heart, at least before the last few episodes when the story turned into the typical k-drama storyline.

This one has been a gem. But because we are going back and forth in time, some parts do feel a bit jarred.

Going through everyone's theories, I still strongly think that MH is not suffering from any fatal disease, but the production did plant a few ideas here and there that may cause us to think in that direction. Among others:

• MH has a lot of traditional meds in his fridge.

Anyway, we are at the half point of this series and with MH's ex entering the picture the whole casting will be complete. I look forwards to more funny/ touching moments from the production. 

I have no theory/opinions about MH's health at this point.

The traditional meds may be for Byoul.  

He has not tried to save any expense when caring for Byoul.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Sun Ah always break my “eyes” when she acts — when she delivers hilarious lines I can’t stop laughing to the point of crying; when she’s sad I can’t stop my tears to the point of moaning in my sleep because I feel her pain.  I’ve watched all her dramas and movies except I do I do. Hehehe no offense I don’t like the guy. hahaha.  But going back,  this story is a real gem — because it’s making me reflect on my life.  I don’t know why while my life story is not anywhere near the story — but it is relatable and I can respond to the storyline. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-_Ajla4R9uw7dRM-GoOq9ab4c163a2fab71c0c927218a1608f2f.jpgshould-we-kiss-first-2018-filming-locati

There are those moments that capture reality in perfect light and tonight while watching with my eyes the pain in losing his dog, friend and companion.  It wasn't long before my eyes were filled with tears in just seeing how SJ was leaned over Byeol saying those words " Well Done" and in truth how hard it truly is to say good-bye to any animal that captures your heart and becomes a real part of your life and family.  I can and do relate to that...

In the last episode I loved when SJ walked into MH's home and saw Byeol's leash within his hand.  And without saying a word went to him and embraced him so warmly, tightly and most of all lovingly. That it was so meaningful not because his ex-wife was there but because he didn't care and you could see that smile and comfort coming across his face and through his eyes full of thankfulness in her understanding the sadness he was feeling.  I learned a lot when his ex didn't even seem to notice or care even after finding out about Byeol's passing away.  You would think she at least would have shown some kind of compassion...

Whether hugging or holding hands there is something really charming about this OTP.  Even in the way the words whether past or present are being spoken like romantic poetry to music.  I find myself listening closer and not just with my ears but in understanding each word and it's meaning somehow speaking and revealing things to my heart.  It's funny how romantic even falling snow can be when I in reality have over 6 inches outside my window looking back at me.  Still seeing him turned and looking and listening to her call with the snow falling all around him and a glow of his thoughts being said to us all.  How peaceful love can be when it's right there a perfect view for all of us to see...

@USAFarmgirl, you've described the scenes between our MUJIN couple in this episode so eloquently! Your expressions are simply perfect! I'm indeed honoured to share my love for this drama with you. I remember you from other not so internationally (based on Soompi forum thread)popular dramas like My Shy Boss and Black Knight. Thank you so much for your excellent posts and I enjoy reading them immensely!:heart:

This drama really showcase the interractions between our MUJIN couple a lot! Their scenes and dialogues are pure gold!:D

I also love their sweet, quiet scene in the bus. When they got locked up, they threw caution to the wind and escaped from it like delinquent teenagers!:tongue:

Never have I watched a Kdrama with so many OTP quirky yet romantic scenes! 

Our MUJIN couple are a match made in heaven as they compliment each other so well!:wub:

MELO or not and even if the ending is sad, I'll have this as one of my top 10 dramas as it is such a gem!:blush:

OMG!!!  @USAFarmgirl and @gladys57.. Chingu’s I am so at awe with this OTP. They are so cute together and their scene together are so priceless: 

@gladys57... Thanks for naming the OTP MuJin couple I will start referring them as MuJin. 

I love this drama so much but there is only one trend I am sick is the rich girl falling for the poor rude guy. I am so sick of this particular theme. Truth to be told I wanted to give  Yi Deum a chance but I am so sick of her. I find her annoying and pathetic.  She is rude and has no morals. Her mom also gets on my nerve. She has the nerve to be jealous and proven to us viewers shhe a complex, “I DON’T WANT HIM BUT NO ONE CAN HAVE HIM”. She arrive at his house without no notice and then she wanted to make sure she looked good. At least her daughter found it strange that her mom looks shouldn’t matter. YI Deun the. Decides to snoop and all over the house to find out if the woman her dad is seeing loves there. Smh smh ... Then she confronts SJ a criminal with no fear. That I doesn’t make sense. I really dislike his girl. :(:angry::angry:

Don't be too hard on YD, peeps. Yes, she sure is a spoiled brat. Due to her mom's and her rich family's upbringing perhaps? But MH played a role in that too for cutting her off so completely. She's very much a victim of her parents' divorce. At least we can see that YD is not entirely evil - she remembers Byeol, she apologised to HM and cleaned the broken glass. YD not liking SJ is only fair. SJ did push her into a freezing lake. People can die because of hypothermia you know...

MH's ex is another matter. We see MH still uncomfortable with her and treats her very, very coldly. KS cheated on SJ too, but the SJ treats KS very differently from the way MH treats SY. Both were hurt by their exes, but while SJ looks at KS with disappointment, MH seem to look at SY with indifference. He certainly have killed whatever left they had between them. That look on SY's face when MH and SJ embraced? Priceless. It's like seeing a side of MH that SY never knew existed.

That hug was just awesome. There's a sense of intimacy to it, although there was nothing sexual about it. It was great to see MH's small smile of relief and happiness at seeing SJ finally here, after the uninvited appearance of his ex. SJ also offered genuine comfort and warmth this time, in contrast with the seductive embrace after the Heimlich  maneuver.

I'm surprised that this ep we had a future scene. Something that hasn't occurred in the main storyline. And it had to be a replay of that scene in Love Letter? These developments are worrying because they bring a sense of foreboding...

@dzareth Not being hard on YD but she is a spoiled brat whom most people can't bear even for a moment, period. She most probably inherits it from her mom who thinks she can separate a child from her father as she wishes and then years later can go back to demand him to fulfil his duties as a father just because she is now unable to control her bratty daughter all by herself, she actually needs help but instead of requesting she resorts to ordering her ex in their first convo after 10+ years with a bad breakup. YD too, if she doesn't like SJ she has to talk it out with her dad instead of playing dirty cheap tricks, she should learn to behave her age. I support SJ as she lost her job and also credit of working 20 years beacuse of YD, now why din't YD like SJ!! beacuse SJ din't serve her alcohol as she is underage, I too wouldn't stand doing nothing and yes SJ is having a pathetic work-life at a store at her age even after working hard for her whole life. If left alone, people like YD would turn much worse in the future simply because they can escape punishment. I hate YD as much as I hate SJ's cheater ex-friend. I believe after a certain age people have their own thought process and then their upbringing or life circumstances no longer justify their ill behavior.

I think MH being ill fits MH-SJ's future convo shown in the Ep 1 Scene 1, we can interpret it as SJ asking him why didn't he stop even before starting if he's ill, then his answer is he thought of just offering a companionship but unknowingly he fell in love. I was interpreting so many scenarios for those dialogues but I think MH being ill fits the most.

47 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Don't be too hard on YD, peeps. Yes, she sure is a spoiled brat. Due to her mom's and her rich family's upbringing perhaps? But MH played a role in that too for cutting her off so completely. She's very much a victim of her parents' divorce. At least we can see that YD is not entirely evil - she remembers Byeol, she apologised to HM and cleaned the broken glass. YD not liking SJ is only fair. SJ did push her into a freezing lake. People can die because of hypothermia you know...

Chingu. I am seriously suspecting YD's mom played a hand in MH being an absent father. WHen YD's mom was flyig back to Seol, she said has headache because she is coming back to Seoul. Maybe she doesen't have good memoriesss but I think YD deserved being thrown in the freezing lake. Don't forget she started it the fight with SJ. 

• She bumps into the flight attendant (SJ) which made her spill the shampagne.
  • Then she made SJ wipe her shoes while she had them on which cause SJ to drop her camera
  • SJ asked her to turn of her cellphone YD refuseddd
  • YD asked for champagne and SJ said no because she is underage what does she do she mkes SJ give her coffee and then pretened she was having an alergic reaction.
  • Then she got SJ fired 

Now she has pressed charges on SH which will land SJ in jail. YD is so spoiled and selfish she did not appologize sincerely in my opinion. She also had the nerve to give the barrista guy US dollars to compensate for his injury. 

I think YD's mom seperated her daughter from her father. I think she also made him give up his paretal right when she remarried. I remebered MH said 7 years ago i was her father and I did what you wanted but NOW I AM HER FATHER. 

13 minutes ago, Amulya Kolusu said:

@dzareth Not being hard on YD but she is a spoiled brat whom most people can't bear even for a moment, period. She most probably inherits it from her mom who thinks she can separate a child from her father as she wishes and then years later can go back to demand him to fulfil his duties as a father just because she is now unable to control her bratty daughter all by herself, she actually needs help but instead of requesting she resorts to ordering her ex in their first convo after 10+ years with a bad breakup. YD too, if she doesn't like SJ she has to talk it out with her dad instead of playing dirty cheap tricks, she should learn to behave her age. I support SJ as she lost her job and also credit of working 20 years beacuse of YD, now why din't YD like SJ!! beacuse SJ din't serve her alcohol as she is underage, I too wouldn't stand doing nothing and yes SJ is having a pathetic work-life at a store at her age even after working hard for her whole life. If left alone, people like YD would turn much worse in the future simply because they can escape punishment. I hate YD as much as I hate SJ's cheater ex-friend. I believe after a certain age people have their own thought process and then their upbringing or life circumstances no longer justify their ill behavior.

I think MH being ill fits MH-SJ's future convo shown in the Ep 1 Scene 1, we can interpret it as SJ asking him why didn't he stop even before starting if he's ill, then his answer is he thought of just offering a companionship but unknowingly he fell in love. I was interpreting so many scenarios for those dialogues but I think MH being ill fits the most.

Well said @Amulya Kolusu about YD, so glad to have another fan thinking her mom had something to do with MH not being in YD’s life. 

IF MH’s is dying , damn SJ has no luck in her life.  She lost her child and now she is going to lose someone dear to her again. Sadly  fate has been trying to set MuJin couple for 10 years. Is this fate’s way of hurting these two all over again. Fist make them happy and then take hem away again. Smh smh 

I fee bad for SJ’s Mom because she really love SJ and I love how she said that SJ is the ALMIGHTY TO HER NOT GOD EVERYONE LIKES TO TALK TO. That was so meaningful to me. 

The hug is awesome.

The thing is hugging seems so  simple a thing, but not many people do it well, especially the healing hug. Kim Sunah does great healing hugs.

I'm having issues adjusting to the tonal shift.

SJ family doing reconnaissance made me irritated.  Let  the  woman have some privacy.  SJ's ex had me ready to jump through the screen with his inability to let her be free.

But then . . . 

I remember that SJ might not be fully competent because she seems to be suffering from long term depression. Therefore being invasive might be the only way they know to take care of her since she is so shut off from the. 

@UnniSarah People being the ultimate god reciprocates with my thoughts and values, if we ever wrong someone we should be seeking forgiveness from them itself and not from some sceptical existence of almighty... I'm curious as to how did SJ's mom wrong her if she ever did!! or was it just a misunderstanding!! 

13 minutes ago, hushhh said:

The hug is awesome.

The thing is hugging seems so  simple a thing, but not many people do it well, especially the healing hug. Kim Sunah does great healing hugs.

I'm having issues adjusting to the tonal shift.

SJ family doing reconnaissance made me irritated.  Let  the  woman have some privacy.  SJ's ex had me ready to jump through the screen with his inability to let her be free.

But then . . . 

I remember that SJ might not be fully competent because she seems to be suffering from long term depression. Therefore being invasive might be the only way they know to take care of her since she is so shut off from the. 

@hushhh.... She isn’t sane chingu and I think they all know she is still suicidal. They call her often, try to check up on her and always push themselves into her life.  Sadly the only one who doesn’t care what happens to her is her ex colleagues. 

For example: Seeing SJ work as a cashier really shocked her and she had a guilty look on her face . Remember she couldn’t wait to fire her because she wanted her out of her life. I think she even told SJ to commit suicide since she doesn’t care for her life at least then she wouldn’t have to see her. Like the time she barged into SJ’s house and started throwing thing around the house until she saw the video tapes , baby album and then she picked the stuff up but still had the nerve to leave the apartment mad after she made a fool of herself. Once she found out SJ was seeing someone she had to tell her hubby.   Smh smh 

@Amulya Kolusu .... I want to know everything that  happened  when SJ’s daughter died. TBH I don’t want to see it but I thinkn SJ needs to talk about her pain so that she can breathe: live again. I think with MH she is starting too but if he is ill, will she be able to recover this time. 

@Amulya Kolusu, parentage is not just a word. It is a responsibility, even if the ex-wife played a dirty hand in separating the two. Of course we do not yet know the terms of their divorce, but for MH to surrender his guardianship so completely is something that is hard to fathom. Unless he really does have a very good excuse. It will still be an excuse, though. After all, 6 years ago YD was just a kid. She's still a kid now too, albeit a bratty one. And now YD has reappeared beside MH, he treated her like she was the one who wronged him! So on that subject, I truly do sympathize with her.

@UnniSarahYD started the fight and SJ retaliated by pushing her into the lake. I shall view SJ's action as temporary insanity as SJ lost her job due to the incident. I blame SJ's company more than YD for failing to properly investigate this matter and clear SJ's name. Surely SJ had dealt with worse passengers before. But that decision to fire SJ was probably due to past occurrences that unfortunately has been recorded in SJ's service logs. It is possible that MH was asked or maybe forced to surrender parental rights. But now it is his kid going to him, yet they haven't even have a decent conversation together.

It doesn't matter to me how bratty YD is. I am more curious about MH's motivation to push her away. He asked SJ to burn his family photo 6 years ago and there is not a single photo of YD in his apartment. But tons of Byeol. It's like he is trying to erase that part of his life. This is the opposite of SJ, who cannot seem to let go tons of stuff from her past. Regardless, there is bound to be a resolution in the MH-YD-SJ relationship, especially now that YD is going to apply for the job at the cafe. This should be interesting.

@dzareth MH and SJ had entirely different experiences in their lives, SJ even tho she seems alone actually she isn't, her ex keeps following her and tries his best to help her, I do think he still loves SJ and his relationship with JM is one-sided which started off as a fling but got leaked out, JM got pregnant and hence he unwantedly got stuck up with her permanently. SJ also has loving family and a bestie who all are ready to do anything for her. In MH's case, he seems peaceful and moderately happy from the outside but actually has noone by his side other than a friend and his dog. 

I don't know why you think MH doesn't love YD or he doesn't love her enough that he treats her with indifference, I think its the reverse he seems to love his daughter too much that he doesn't want to get attached to her once again only to get snatched later. I guess MH doesn't want to disturb his seemingly peaceful life for his daughter who might eventually go back to US making him suffer from loneliness. We din't see her mom flying immediately when YD was in PS but MH did go running, isn't it responsibility!! He's the one who wants YD to be responsible of her acts and he also went to the hospital to apologise, so I don't think he's irresponsible. For once, as we're speculating MH is ill, if we go with that then din't his behavior fit in!!

2 minutes ago, Amulya Kolusu said:

I don't know why you think MH doesn't love YD or he doesn't love her enough that he treats her with indifference...

Girl/Guy, you read me all wrong there. I never said MH is irresponsible. Nor do I THINK MH is irresponsible. I DO NOT at all think he has no affection whatsoever towards YD.  What I'm saying is any parent needs a really, really good excuse for casting away his/her spawn in such manner. So within the context of SWKF, whatever reason they give us, it better be something that viewers can sympathize with.

12 minutes ago, Amulya Kolusu said:

... I think its the reverse he seems to love his daughter too much that he doesn't want to get attached to her once again only to get snatched later. I guess MH doesn't want to disturb his seemingly peaceful life for his daughter who might eventually go back to US making him suffer from loneliness.

For goodness's sake I hope that is not the case with MH because if it were, he is not only selfish but heartless. Because by distancing himself, MH is hurting YD (who was maybe around 10 during the divorce?) before she hurts him. Same logic if MH is suffering from terminal illness and thus committing noble idiocy.

Do not forget that the ex ask for MH's help to look after YD as she cannot come immediately. She even said she didn't tell her dad (MH exFIL) so that MH can use the opportunity to reconnect but MH flat out refused. He went to the police station because YD needed a parent/guardian to be released.

@dzareth Isn't it too convenient to forget that parents are individuals and can have their own emotions irrespective of their responsibilities!! I don't think a person is selfish or heartless if he's saving himself from the impending heartbreak. Even with the divorce while one parent gets total rights the other parent gets visitation rights of their child and here too MH seems to have those rights until he willfully gave up those few years back when he asked SJ to trash the family pic. I guess he was returning back from US, where he saw how happy YD was with her mom and her step-dad while he's all alone unable to move on in life. Its easy to blame a person but its hard to be in his shoes.

I'm going to trust MH on how he has decided to treat his daughter. 

MH has proven to be a loving, thoughtful, and generous person. 

He has a reason for the way he is treating his daughter. 

Hopefully the writers make it a good one.

Although I don't know the circumstances of their break-up, MH's ex is not endearing herself to me showing up years late, with a badly raised daughter, and asking MH to accept responsibility and take corrective action in regards to their daughter.  I suspect she doesn't have the right to ask that of him.

I will say that I hate people barging into people's personal space and prying into their lives.

MH asked her to leave the library twice and she kept touching his things and not making to go.

MH made clear she wasn't welcome and he didn't want to talk, yet there she was talking, prying.  REally, I'm not even clear why she was there.  Their daughter wasn't there.  He made clear he didn't want to pursue a relationship with either yet she showed up on his doorstep.  If she called ahead I missed it. 

Archived