[Drama 2018] Should We Kiss First?, 키스 먼저 할까요

0ly40

@Amulya Kolusu, I agree that parents (and non-parents and child) are individuals with their own emotions and thoughts. I also agree that if unfavourable actions were taken to shield the child against hurt, all of us can empathize because that intention is honourable. However, I disagree if any parent put him/herself before the child to save themselves against impending heartbreak.

I will not write anymore on this matter, so we can agree to disagree.

K-drama is good at making viewers speculate. But there has been many situations where the truth ended up being quite meh... I like SWKF a lot, so I hope the production will be a bit more creative with each characters' drive behind their decisions.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lmangla

"just an alert for those of us who enjoyed watching I have a lover, this drama is from the same writer. so we might enjoy it. read that it airs feb 20th. "

Thank you....enjoying the drama

Episode 13-14

Like that they treat the ex-wife transparent & non existence when they went for the "solace embrace" then a parody scene "ogenki desu ka" from the Japanese movie "Love Letter"

I so love the solace hug! :heart: This couple deserves each other and happiness!

I actually find the caring/nosy Ahn family all out to spy on MH deliciously funny. He must be wondering why every stranger is asking for his name card and asking for his age! Given the context of SJ's current condition, it is not unreasonable for her family who cares and loves her to find out more about the man she is dating. 

He asked her to marry him right? 

1 hour ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@Lmangla

"just an alert for those of us who enjoyed watching I have a lover, this drama is from the same writer. so we might enjoy it. read that it airs feb 20th. "

Thank you....enjoying the drama

Episode 13-14

Like that they treat the ex-wife transparent & non existence when they went for the "solace embrace" then a parody scene "ogenki desu ka" from the Japanese movie "Love Letter"

Really, I like I had a lover very much..it was also aired at SBS. 

Who else was watching live just now...pls share what you understand. I watched it live too....

@Jusyed

"Who else was watching live just now...pls share what you understand. I watched it live too...."

Seo Moo Han has 4 stage cancer & is given 3 months.....therefore cherry blossom will be "tall order" for him

Cherry Blossom in Korea 2018 is forecast to be from 6-13th April

2 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@Jusyed

"Who else was watching live just now...pls share what you understand. I watched it live too...."

Seo Moo Han has 4 stage cancer & is given 3 months.....therefore cherry blossom will be "tall order" for him

Cherry Blossom in Korea 2018 is forecast to be from 6-13th April

@gerrytan8063 my goodness cancer stage 4 :astonished:.?

and I heard some kind of he asked her to marry him right? 

Thanks for the info.

Is it me or was there a line that Mun said in ep15 (around 27:20)  that was not translated? And in the other episodes? Was it something too sexual?:tongue:

I'm loving these PG19 episodes this year!!

Kim Sun Ah and Kim Nam Joo are going to have to win the Daesang this year. Period. 

That morning after monologue has to be the best I've seen in a drama since I started watching dramas....:heart:

thumb.png?ts=1520868045images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuvhtxBm4noTD3sHQmzqS84f14983e97144ccbec7a26a118446bd.jpeg?x=

This drama is quickly becoming one of my favorites the true richness of its raw and deep story and the realness in this OTP is like life being poured out in ways you never expected.  It's about the most beautiful, genuine and touching look at our very simple human wants and needs.  That of touching and being touched not just physically but that which moves and shakes your inner being.  Moments of just being loved for who they are and being excepted and understood where they are.  Where there are no limits or expectations except  in the willingness to be that warm and safe place for each other...

It would seem my feelings about him being sick would to my sadness be true.  When I think about how much MH loves SJ and it would seem has for a very long time.  In just seeing this man pour out his heart in ways he has never been able to do with anyone else.  You could tell it shocked his ex-wife as she watched them in not only that amazing embrace that would move anyone who saw it.  But even later when he clasped her hand within his as if to say don't worry I'm here...

I was amazed that even after overhearing SJ talking on the phone and knowing he was hurting inside with every word being spoken.  Still this amazing human being didn't let those words close the door to his heart.  That moment my favorite, when he shouted over the phone. " DON'T YOU HEAR ME? TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE " dang my heart moved to my throat because I knew he was going to get her and bring her home.  He didn't care about anything else just his need to like always reach out, take care of and cover her with himself...

I think I could write all night about this drama it just gets your heart pumping and your blood flowing.  You feel as if you're going to bust in wanting to say so much about the warmth you're receiving the love you're feeling.  Even in knowing what our MuJin couple will be facing now in the future.  Yet I find myself hopeful and maybe thinking like MH don't give up when you just don't know what can happen...

LOVE NO MATTER WHAT AGE OR THE SITUATION, WHAT AN AMAZING AND GLORIOUS FEELING!!!

This is one drama that without a doubt  has already given me more than enough...

they've barely started to enjoy their love and they are going to kill him????

Thought it would be a lighthearted romance ... :crazy:

Think the family checking MH out was to be a brief respite from what's coming up. 

Hopefully they will handle it as eloquently as they have done....

It really strips them bare....both literally and metaphorically....but I wish asj would get a break....

Can see why she is desperate to guard her heart....

Since it gets regularly ripped out and shredded by life...

Last night we were delivered some really shitty news.

Spoiler

Some viewer theory about the terminal illness plot was true after all. So apparently MH is a cancer survivor who is unfortunately experiencing a recurrence. A mighty bad one too. From the looks of it, the ex and daughter do not seem privy to this information. I respectfully hate the guts of the scriptwriter, who boldly gave us a hero who would medically expire within 1 month of the first episode. Gosh... And to add more unpleasantness, we are also entering the "misunderstanding" phase, where MH-YJ will face their first serious bump s a couple.

But nevertheless,  it still amazes me how much heart this show has. When MH-SJ had that embrace, didn't all of us feel relieved and somewhat victorious? The show also kept some funny moments with MH's exposure scene (I bet he did that on purpose! :tongue:), SJ's funny inner monologues. I did wish that their kiss be a bit longer, considering the drama title. But in general I was happy for both MH-SJ for taking their relationship to their next level without hidden agendas. SJ on the outside always seem the bolder of two when initiating contact, but do see that she is actually very nervous when things began to get real. That awkward kitchen counter scene still manages to make me LMAO.

Then poor, poor MH who just had to learn about SJ's situation from KS and hear about SJ's deviousness within hours. How it is going to hurt if he learns about her faking liking him at the beginning of the series. His not so pristine health condition added with the juggle between sincere/fake SJ, the interference of SY/YD, the concerns of people around SJ (her friends and families) and the battle with his own heart is a mountain (Himalaya?) to climb.

I like Kam Woo Sung's voice whenever he is doing his monologues, but I like it more when his temper is rising - when MH put YD in her place for questioning his relationships, when MH demanded SY to leave his library and especially when MH barked at SJ last night... And a pissed of MH is really sexy hahahahahaaaaa....

I wonder if the broken car epilogue took place after they have resolved their issues? Had SJ learnt of his condition by that scene?

Damn the producers!! I should've sniffed tragedy the moment MH took those pills in front of SJ....

So they crossed paths at the most emotionally fraught times in their lives.

a) when she is burying her only child.

B) When he is battling cancer for the first time.

The conversation that MH overheard hurt him deeply. 

A sweet and sad episode.

I watched the episode at midnight my time and the MUJIN morning after monologue hit me right in the gut. It's around 9 am here, and I am in tears watching that scene again...

Dramas arouse seriously overwhelming  emotions, but I successfully push back the tears. Until today. I went to sleep with a heavy heart, but the dam broke today morning ... I should be doing my philosophy paper, reading for my make up CAT, revising for exams, but I DON'T CARE!

29178256_10155860550340412_6839398342130

SJ: thank you.
MH: For What?
SJ: For your gaze.
MH: My gaze?
SJ: the feeling that someone wants me. The feeling that someone chose me. It's been a really long time. I'm a woman  too. I'm a person too. I am a person that's alive.... Thank you...

Dammit writernim!! That was a moment of honesty and vulnerability for someone who has been shafted by life, someone with no hope, who doesn't want to live, who just wants to go through the motions while giving the bare minimum in a world that has been absolutely cruel to her, that has taken love away from her... she still wants to give love a try, to open herself up to the world, even though from past experience, the probability of her being forked over is high...  that's courage right there.

Also... I was absolutely dying at the Putcha - Putcha hands up move.:D

29136329_10155860550265412_2906717695780

Someone PLEASE TRANSLATE the dialogues that were not translated in ep 15!! I wanna hear the nasty stuff!!:tongue:

I love MH's passionate vow, "I'll be here in May!" at the end of this episode! :D

YES! With the WILL to live,  with the LOVE of your life (SJ) beside you and prayers you can overcome cancer, MH! One of my own classmates did overcome stage 4 liver cancer and is now living healthily.:tongue:

Even if his wish didn't come true, I will  still love this drama to bits! Every MUJIN moments together is pure gold to me. I giggle like a teenager whenever I watch their scenes and their dialogues are so sexy! Heee! :heart:

There are cancer survivals who suffer recurrence but manage to overcome the relapse. So why not Mu Han? While a small part of my heart says that I must be prepared that he will not be able to enjoy the cherry blossom season with Soon Jin, a bigger part of my heart says that he will survive, with a renewed 20-year old heart (in a 50-year old body) and get to live with Soon Jin day after day, always for the present, always for the moment.

Of course I was saddened when I first watched his consultation with his doctor, who seemed most unsympathetic, cold and too objective, without a shred of hope for his patient.  Some friends in this thread did raise the possibility. Still it was a miserable shock. But, I live in hope as I say in the above para. 

Why did he ask her to marry him after having overheard Soon Jin's telephone conversation with her friend that he is the host and she the parasite and whether her fake love could even turn into a real one. Is this the moment when he started on his `plan' as mentioned in the first scene/first episode? And what did his ex-wife mean when she said that he was feeling guilt with regard to Soon Jin? I am so impatiently waiting for all the answers.

@USAFarmgirlsaid that this drama has already given her more than enough.  I was nodding my head to that. I agree totally.  For me, it has given me more than enough. But of course I still want more of our MuJin couple.

Archived