[Drama 2018] Should We Kiss First?, 키스 먼저 할까요

0ly40

You guys are really good with all these ideas. I enjoyed reading them . I have not watched 'My Spring Days' as that topic of the drama is not to my liking but I love Kam Woo Sung now and am going to hunt down his dramas. I have seen 'Alone in Love' in discussions but was hesitant to watch it years ago when I came across it, the drama topic was upsetting. I even watched the MV on Youtube on that drama. Might check it out now.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was rewatching the series (again) and realised that SJ also talked about giving a kidney to the moneylender leach in spring during the plum blossoms. We all know MH heard that conversation. So is his offer for her to use him related to that? Is he trying to say she can have his kidney? :blink:

I am loving all the guesses and ideas being shared here.  It's still early days so we won't get all our questions answered so quickly. With ex-wife and daughter back in Korea, MH is going to be busy juggling all 3 women in his life right now. From the preview, we saw MH defending SJ as the victim when ex-wife called her out as an ex-convict.

About 11 years ago when MH first set eyes on SJ, MH must have returned to the cemetery the next day and so on. What was it about SJ that captivated him that he was monitoring her movements, otherwise how did he know that she was crying on the 2nd day, 3rd day, 2nd year, 3rd year and so on?

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

I was rewatching the series (again) and realised that SJ also talked about giving a kidney to the moneylender leach in spring during the plum blossoms. We all know MH heard that conversation. So is his offer for her to use him related to that? Is he trying to say she can have his kidney? :blink:

MH did ask the moneylender to bring SJ's contract to his office so that he could pay off the $50,000 debt for SJ. I don't know if this has been done. In which case, there is no need for SJ to use one of her kidneys to pay her debt. MH is a thinker and he responds after long deliberation.  He needs time to consider the invitation to enjoy the cherry blossoms with SJ as in a sense it is a commitment to the future. He is sometimes `too difficult' a man to understand as to what he really meant by his words or his  silence to SJ's texts.

9 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I don't think the funeral of Soon-Jin and Kyung-Soo's daughter was the death memorial for Mu-Han's father. If it was a real death memorial, they probably would have brought some food/drinks to set a table. Mu-Han's wife was simply there to give greetings to the father-in-law, to report that she was going to travel to the U.S. with Eden. I think that was their reason for being there.

@chickfactor

Thank you for sharing your opinion, it certainly sounds possible too. I hope it'll be revealed slowly during next week's episodes, I'm waiting for lovely and romantic days between ASJ and MH! 

Yes, I agree with many comments above that ASJ's legal woes are likely due to her reaction from finding out about her husband's affair. Regarding Ji Min, I believe she is a long-time colleague of ASJ, so ASJ cannot believe that her husband cheated on her with her co-worker. 

From the writing style and plot of the drama, I think the scriptwriter likes to lean towards believable coincidences and not unexpected, dramatic plot twists. So the information that will unfold is likely to be 'oh, that makes sense' and not so much 'wtf is wrong with the writing team' sentiment. 

Quick question: I find the song played on the bus in the Discman so familiar. It must have been used in other dramas before. Does anyone know the singer and / or the song name? I shall research it on YouTube. 

3 hours ago, 122am said:

Quick question: I find the song played on the bus in the Discman so familiar. It must have been used in other dramas before. Does anyone know the singer and / or the song name? I shall research it on YouTube. 

It sounds like Kim Dong Ryul's voice, but no idea about the song though.

Found it:

I actually wanted to mention that the song used for the BUS SCENE is called "Etude of Memory" a Korean CLASSIC which has been covered by many singers. :D

This song is very appropriately used for the BUS SCENE which is pure gold to me.:tongue:

KWS's recitation of that " trying to help SJ to sleep verse" with his calm and sexy voice is very soothing and theurapatic and be an instant cure for many insomiacs! :blush:

1 hour ago, gladys57 said:

I actually wanted to mention that the song used for the BUS SCENE is called "Etude of Memory" a Korean CLASSIC which has been covered by many singers. :D

@ziarama @gladys57 Thank you! I've saved this song in my Spotify playlist, no wonder it sounds familiar - it was used in Architecture 101 too. Young male lead (Lee Je Hoon) and young female lead (Suzy) were also listening to a Discman.

8 hours ago, ziarama said:

It sounds like Kim Dong Ryul's voice, but no idea about the song though.

Found it: ["Etude of Memory"]

Many thanks for identifying the song playing on the Discman. I vaguely recognized it. It was used in ARCHITECTURE 101. That explains it. ;-)

On 3/7/2018 at 12:08 PM, 122am said:

Did anyone notice that Mu Han went to visit someone's grave at the same time as An Soon Jin's ex-husband? Maybe his parent? He was also there on the day of the daughter's burial. That means An Soon Jin's daughter shares the same death anniversary as someone he knows? Could that be why they were "related"?

About An Soon Jin's mother, the daughter's death may be due to her babysitting and having some accident.

I was under the impression that Kyung-soo intended to confront Mu-han after he left the hospital and unwittingly followed him to the graveyard where his own daughter was buried. He had enough common decency to refrain from attacking his rival on hallowed ground. When he realized where he was, he visited his child's grave while Mu-han visited his father's. The inscription on her headstone says something about visiting her every day, but one look at the layer of dust on it shows that no one has been there in a spell.

It wouldn't surprise me if grandma were negligent in her granddaughter's death. But at this point I think that her apology to her former son-in-law refers to something else.

I did a double-take when Ki Do-hoon appeared as barista Yeo Ha-Min. He was always silently appearing out of nowhere as Crown Prince Won's bodyguard in THE KING IN LOVE. Now he's slinging the joe in a coffeeshop. LOL!

@ross27 I'm so glad to see an old friend from THE KING'S DAUGHTER, SU BAEK HYANG forum! By any chance are you tuning in to GRAND PRINCE, too? ;-)

18 hours ago, hyall said:

You guys are really good with all these ideas. I enjoyed reading them . I have not watched 'My Spring Days' as that topic of the drama is not to my liking but I love Kam Woo Sung now and am going to hunt down his dramas. I have seen 'Alone in Love' in discussions but was hesitant to watch it years ago when I came across it, the drama topic was upsetting. I even watched the MV on Youtube on that drama. Might check it out now.

ALONE IN LOVE is one of my favorite Kdramas, in no small part because of its quiet realism. You have to be very patient as the story takes its time unfolding. But if you persevere, it is worth the wait. In some ways, KWS's character in that show reminds me a bit of Mu-han. Dang, now that I think of it, he played a man whose child was stillborn, and his wife couldn't get over it. Even after they divorced, they were still very involved in each other's lives, but in a good way. Not the way Kyung-soo is a buttinsky in Soon-jin's business.

You might want to check out the film MARRIAGE IS A CRAZY THING. It puts an interesting twist on the old "other woman" trope.

The production that put Kam Woo-sung on my radar was THE KING AND THE CLOWN. An epic performance in an epic movie.

One minor mystery to me is, if MU paid SJ debt, why did the repo man take her stuff?

I did have the impression that there were several creditors.  One who would take possession of her stuff in the apartment and another who wanted her organs.

On 6.3.2018 at 4:15 PM, dzareth said:

Omg.... That track from jaws is killing me!!:D

ROFLMAO! Brilliant! I can't wait for spoiled brat Eden / Yi-deun to meet the real great white shark. Oh,  right, she already has. And ended up in the drink. All I can think is that the brat's trashing of Soon-jin's home is karmic payback for her earlier behavior. Even so, this kid's obnoxious sense of entitlement really ruffles my tail feathers.

When I learned that Mu-han was reading to Soon-jin from the novel Our Souls at Night, I immediately looked it up, and found that it had been made into a film by Netflix. I watched it, and can see how it parallels this drama. Mu-han's vibe is very similar to that of Louis Waters, although in some ways Soon-jin is much more of a live wire than Addie Moore. Addie's son, Gene, is no prize. But her grandson, Jamie, is cute as a button. (My hat is off to Iain Armitage of YOUNG SHELDON, who steals the show.)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Mu-han and Soon-jin end up in happier circumstances than their counterparts in the novel. Thank goodness Louis thought of another way to "reach out and touch someone" when Addie moved away.

Maybe at some point Mu-han will find it within himself to read to Soon-jin from his book Alien on Earth. (For some reason, I instantly flashed on Han-gyul's "I don't care if you're a man or an alien" speech in COFFEE PRINCE when I learned the title of his book. LOL!) I'm curious about the title, and what he means by it. It occurs to me that he might have been reluctant for her to read it because it might reveal too much about him -- or maybe he has changed since he wrote it, and it is no longer representative of how he thinks or feels.

@PakalanaPikake Hello friend. Happy to meet you again.  :)  King's daughter Su Baek Hyang is still one of my favourite dramas and we did have so much fun on that thread. Grand Prince is on my watch list. 

I am enjoying SWK1st and looking forward to the growing relationship between MH and SJ.

Reading this thread is the only way i can survive while waiting for the next episode to air. Everyone has so many juicy theories about this amazing drama! Maybe i should watch My Spring Days or Scent of a Woman again while i am at it :D

6 hours ago, hyall said:

@PakalanaPikake I loved that Louis took pains to buy the smart phone and learn how to message on the phone. Loved that movie.

Where there's a will, there's a way. And since talking things over was one of the reasons for sleeping together in the first place, they could still do it by phone. I thought it was pure genius.

2 hours ago, ross27 said:

@PakalanaPikake Hello friend. Happy to meet you again.  :)  King's daughter Su Baek Hyang is still one of my favourite dramas and we did have so much fun on that thread. Grand Prince is on my watch list. 

I am enjoying SWK1st and looking forward to the growing relationship between MH and SJ.

@ross27 TKDSBH is my sageuk gold standard to this day. I made sure to live-watch REBEL: THIEF WHO STOLE THE PEOPLE, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Writer-nim delivered again.

As for SWKF, I jumped for joy when it was announced. I loved Kim Sun-ah in MY NAME IS KIM SAM-SOON and THE CITY HALL. But learning that Kam Woo-sung was headed back to Kdramaland made me even happier. One of these days I have to get around to watching him in THE KING OF LEGEND. --

I've been tickled to bits by their performances. I'm kind of cranky about some of the other characters, but will try to wait and see if there are any mitigating circumstances worthy of redemption.

Looking forward to comparing notes on the show. ;-)

I' ve just finished ep 12.... at first the picture/poster didn't appeal me. I dont like melo because it's too sad. And when you come back at home after a weary working day , you don't want to watch a teary drama. Fortunately i end up to watch this morning a  teaser where they are sleeping in the same bed and Kim su nah wants to fart.  It was so hilarious that i decided to watch this drama. I didn't regret it. This drama is so good ! You watch this drama and you end up crying, laughing, thinking, hoping, being addictive,  ... a must to watch!..

It has been a long time since I've been superbly excited about k-drama. The last one that excited me was Heart to Heart, at least before the last few episodes when the story turned into the typical k-drama storyline.

This one has been a gem. But because we are going back and forth in time, some parts do feel a bit jarred.

Going through everyone's theories, I still strongly think that MH is not suffering from any fatal disease, but the production did plant a few ideas here and there that may cause us to think in that direction. Among others:

• MH told IW to put Byeol to sleep if he ever die first.
  • MH has stop from drinking alcohol for quite some time.
  • MH is seen taking pills at 2 different occasions. Although he doesn't hide taking it, what were they for?
  • MH has a lot of traditional meds in his fridge.
  • MH drew a line in his relationship with SJ where he strictly told her they may sleep together, but they will not have a meal in his house. Will his diet expose his condition?
  • The weird statement in the last ep where his teeth, orgsns etc hurt
  • His cryptic words to YD that Byoul will be leaving because time has come
  • MH talking about wanting to live despite circumstances 
  • From time to time we hear MH talking about "this short life"
  • There was a scene where MH was packing books that IW asked if he was leaving again? Only an extended leave would warrant one to do a lot of packing. Maybe MH once took a long leave for treatment?
  • MH has hinted that he is NOT with SJ for the long run. Statements like "one who shouldn't love her", "before he runs away", reluctance at SJ's plum blossom date suggestion....

Anyway, we are at the half point of this series and with MH's ex entering the picture the whole casting will be complete. I look forwards to more funny/ touching moments from the production. 

3 hours ago, dzareth said:

It has been a long time since I've been superbly excited about k-drama. The last one that excited me was Heart to Heart, at least before the last few episodes when the story turned into the typical k-drama storyline.

This one has been a gem. But because we are going back and forth in time, some parts do feel a bit jarred.

Going through everyone's theories, I still strongly think that MH is not suffering from any fatal disease, but the production did plant a few ideas here and there that may cause us to think in that direction. Among others:

• MH told IW to put Byeol to sleep if he ever die first.
  • MH has stop from drinking alcohol for quite some time.
  • MH is seen taking pills at 2 different occasions. Although he doesn't hide taking it, what were they for?
  • MH has a lot of traditional meds in his fridge.
  • MH drew a line in his relationship with SJ where he strictly told her they may sleep together, but they will not have a meal in his house. Will his diet expose his condition?
  • The weird statement in the last ep where his teeth, orgsns etc hurt
  • His cryptic words to YD that Byoul will be leaving because time has come
  • MH talking about wanting to live despite circumstances 
  • From time to time we hear MH talking about "this short life"
  • There was a scene where MH was packing books that IW asked if he was leaving again? Only an extended leave would warrant one to do a lot of packing. Maybe MH once took a long leave for treatment?
  • MH has hinted that he is NOT with SJ for the long run. Statements like "one who shouldn't love her", "before he runs away", reluctance at SJ's plum blossom date suggestion....

Anyway, we are at the half point of this series and with MH's ex entering the picture the whole casting will be complete. I look forwards to more funny/ touching moments from the production. 

@dzareth  Wow I must applaud your meticulousness. The production crew is too cunning with all these hints but still I hope this (MH having a terminal disease)  is not the route the drama will take. The pills could be supplements for his arthritis. Since he is almost half a century old already, he is more careful with his health, so no alcohol and having traditional medicine (tonic) in the fridge for general wellness.

@PakalanaPikake  I so agree with you on KDSBH and I `marathoned' Rebel-The Thief who stole the People after it ended. Enjoyed it very much too and the ending was so satisfactory. Waiting for Monday and Tuesday to see more of MH and SJ. 

Archived