[Drama 2018] Should We Kiss First?, 키스 먼저 할까요

0ly40

Why today episode feel so sad? Even the trip feel so sad. I think it will be romcom drama, but it turns out melo drama. But I have I hope writer will give us happy ending. Do you realize that MuHan hair cut in the very beginning episode is different than in current episode? It longer. Maybe he will dissaper for some treatment, and back after years, and meet again SooJin in that beach...:confounded:

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

188000202020.jpggiphy.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSublBNqvEOvoDazBg2JH0

" Where does a shooting star go, When it disappears?  It will remain in someones memory."

Like the delicate snowflakes that like a blanket covers my land so it is with the sense of sadness that covers this story tonight.  Maybe it's those little and simple things like the curves of a loved ones face or the feel of their lips that people often overlook and take for granted.  Having the warmth of someone you love beside you or laying in bed listening to them breathe or your head pressed against their chest and hearing their heartbeat while they are at rest...

My mind wondered and reflected in just watching our OTP and thinking what was MH's view whether under the stars or beside the ocean.  He said " the stars comforted me " how right he is.  That often we are humbled by life itself in realizing how small we are and how big everything is around us.  You can see it in a shooting star, you can hear it in listening to the waves rush to shore.  Feeling life moving all around you and most likely him wanting to soak up every part of it he can.  Wanting and needing nothing more than time.  Time to breathe in every scent and moment he can with SJ...

Realizing tonight why he felt guilty and why he never made a move closer to her when he had so many chances is a part of that sadness. Always so close to her and yet so far.  Always within reach but never holding on.  Always wanting forgiveness through his actions, comforts and deeds.  Yet never being able to say the words. I'm sorry... Forgive me... Please...

Somehow as the flashbacks came to mind I was thinking if I were SJ and thought back to all those times MH was there for her.  Even thought about the times like paying off her debt that she didn't know that he had been there for her.  Always like a shadow one step behind her with his humble heart in his hands...  How could she not love this man?

If the Writer and PD could really grant a wish or a miracle it would be so nice if it was a gift for MH...  LIFE...

Funny, beautiful, sweet, funny, sad, episode.

I thought I had post \ed my evolving theory of MH connection to SJ daughter's death, but I hadn't.

I had begun to think that MH association in the tragedy was a failure to act.  Something along the idea that MH had seen the accident was about to happen, and instead of running in and snatching the child out of harm's way, he froze. 

I am totally surprised to see that the inaction was a deliberately made choice.

I guess one sub-lesson of this drama is that impending death improves personality.  I suspect the MH, whom I adore for his generosity and patience, current personality is a result of his original cancer scare. 

The drama gave us access of the truth of who MH was previously: unforgiving, unloving, and unwilling to lie even to comfort someone. Unfortunately the message came from a messenger we were destined to dislike, MH ex-wife. To the audience she was interfering, unfaithful, snobbish and a threat to our OTP, therefore it was easy to dismiss or minimize everything she said.

With the new lawsuit MH and SJ are on a collision path.

I guess the overall message of the drama will be about making amends, forgiveness, letting go and going on.

my first post.  OMG!!!!!! KSA what an actress she is !!!!!! Wow!!!! i love her to pieces.  Her witty acting!!!!!  KWS is my new addict.  woah!!!!!! these two are bringing my screen on fire back and forth.  So many meaningful dialogues.  What an arrogant bas**** SMH was when he was 8 years ago? I think after that he would have been diagnosed  with the cancer. 

He should be the petitioner who shd have applied for the retrial against the apollo confectionary which he missed 8 years ago.  I think she will get a huge compensation money in this and i also think he will leave her back his inheritance.  Hope that the writer does not kill our SMH character.  I dont think there will  be baby scenario.  Its difficult for  a cancer patient who is on the recovery will be strong enough in baby-making.  

SID will realize her mistake and confess her wrong doing, becoz  of which ASJ will get her flight attendant job back  She will finally get all at once but cannot enjoy it.  I mean, the compensation money, her job and SMH's inheritance but will be left alone with his memories.  I dont like it.  so please writernim, if there is a time jump, please saver uri SMH ssi.  cheabal yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we were to follow logic, then MH will die. He should die. I mean, he has stage 4 cancer, not operable, not treatable. His future is very bleak. Best case scenario? Drag it for a few months. But for the show to remain realistic, he must die. I don't hate that man. But I'm looking at this STORY.

As they get more tangled in love, MH's passing will be a heavy burden for SJ to bear. From Apollo she wants apologies and compensation. MH, who indirectly played a part in SJ's predicament is sorry and his death will compensate SJ material wise. The baby theory is nice but sad too.

My evil guess

Spoiler

is MH dies. SJ gets preggers, but passed away in childbirth. Baby is saved and will be adopted by IW and MR. But because this show is great, it will not be a total MakJang, there will be heartwarming funny scenes here and there.

I'm glad they didn't turn SY into a full fledged b****. I also wonder if SY and YD know/understand that MH is dying.

Remember when MH's colleague told her workmates how MH lost his will 6 years ago? No wonder he is always ignoring things. But you see the fire in his eyes when he gets firm/determined about certain things. For instance, MH's face when he wants SJ to return his book, when he scolded her after he found out she moved, the confrontation with SY about marrying SJ and his arrogant young self.

It occurred to me that it might have been MH's property SJ trespassed and vandalized. And MH might have been the one to press charges against her.

I don't think it is likely, but I do think it is possible having met MH from 8 years ago.

Trying to keep track of the flashback/ story of their past.  I misremembered them all happening at the end of the even episodes, which they did, but many also happened within the episodes and I couldn't check those. 

E2: 6 years earlier. Something she forgot. MH follows SJ from the airport. She drinks alcohol in her water bottle. MH discard his family (picture).  SJ throws away and retrieves MH family picture.

E4: Something he cherished, something she forgot. Continuation of 6 years ago. Trip from airport to the zoo. SJ crying. 

E6: Something he cherished, something she forgot. Continuation of 6 years ago. Suicide attempt. trip in ambulance. MH whispers to SJ.

E8: Something he cherished, something she forgot. Continuation of 6 years ago. After suicide attempt SJ wakes up and repeats what MH said to her.

E10:  11 years earlier. Something he cherished, something she forgot. The cemetery. MH very practical and unsentimental with his wife. Hears and see SJ crying.

First time I saw her she was crying, Second, third, fourth time she was crying [paraphrase]

1- Cemetery-?

2- his office asking for help?

3- Airport to hospital?

4 - ?

E12: no flashback. Just, "We are not allowed to love each other."

E14: no flashback. MH's voice over.

E16: Two months ago. What you cherish cannot be forgotten. MH told he has three months to live.  He had surgery six years go. [This is in the same time range of SJ's suicide attempt. The shift in his worldview is probably related to both these events.]

E18: Memory over love. MH and SJ's wedding.

E20: Eight years ago. In between time. SJ ask MH's help in her law suit regarding he child's death. He doesn't even consider it.  He walks pass her grieving in the snow.

At some point SJ hasd the vandalism charge and some mental health issues.

MH told his ex-wife that he knew about 2008 (which would be 10 or 11 years ago).  MH  told his ex-wife that SJ was a criminal she was sixck.  If he believe that 10 years ago then it makes his behavior reprehensible 8 years ago.  If he came to understand that after seeing her through her suicide attempt then it is less egregious.

Whatever triggered SJ's "traumatic amnesia" what caused her to not recognize HM but have happened after he ignore her cry for help. I wonder if she recognized him on the flight and seeing him was a part of the reason that triggered her suicide attempt.

I can't remember how old her ex-husband daughter is and how long he's been re-married.

I simply love ep 19 to bits! MUJIN'S honeymoon trip is PURE GOLD! Our MUJIN wearing couple sunglasses. SJ's comment to the young guy after MH's jealous action , "One gets angry easily when one gets old!" The bickering between MUJIN is soooo witty and SJ even called him "ahjushi".:D

But the BEST moment for me was at RAILBIKE ride when MH cheekily told SJ to be responsible for aggravating his week knees when she pestered him to ride faster. Their argument stopped when the other older riders behind them sang the trot classic, "What's Wrong With My Age!" I love the song and this  hilarious moment!:blush:

The scene of all scenes happened in the beautifully litted TUNNEL (with the haunting OST being played)when our  MUJIN marvelled at its beauty and MH apologised to each other. They look soooo happy together! My heart fluttered seeing KWS's dimples while he smiled!:wub:

@pad-hariwelcome to this nice and cozy thread! I only post on QUIET threads as I dont go for internationally acclaimed dramas. It's been a while since 1%! You'll love KWS as much as HSJ!:tongue:

From your recap of the flashbacks

11 years ago...he first saw her in the cemetery...

Then she was likely grieving for 2-3 years and starting her lawsuit 

This would bring us to 8 years ago

In which time her husband then started an affair and got jimin pregnant

They then divorced 2 years later...they met at the court steps.

This would be 6 years ago...coinciding with his diagnosis of his cancer/breakdown of his own marriage...

Then the airplane incident and he followed her to the zoo, she then attempted suicide at the zoo..

So the crunch time when he might have a part to play in her misery was between 8 to 11 years ago....

@hushhh, allow me to rearrange the flashbacks

(2007) 11 years earlier

E10: Something he cherished, something she forgot. The cemetery. MH very practical and unsentimental with his wife. Heard and saw SJ crying.

-Death of SJ's daughter.

-MH saw SJ for the first time.

(2008)

-SJ's first offense - according to police

(2010) 8 years earlier

E20: In between time. SJ asked MH's help in her law suit regarding he child's death. He didn't even consider it.  He walked pass her grieving in the snow.

-SJ went to MH's office.

-MH ignored SJ's request.

-SJ's second offense - according to police.

(2012) 6 years earlier

E02: Something she forgot. MH followed SJ from the airport. She drank alcohol in her water bottle. MH discarded his family (picture).  SJ threw away and retrieved MH family picture.

E04: Something he cherished, something she forgot. Continuation of 6 years ago. Trip from airport to the zoo. SJ crying. 

E06: Something he cherished, something she forgot. Continuation of 6 years ago. Suicide attempt. Trip in ambulance. MH whispered to SJ.

E08: Something he cherished, something she forgot. Continuation of 6 years ago. After suicide attempt SJ woke up and repeated what MH said to her.

-MH encountered SJ in flight.

-SJ attempted suicide.

-MH saved SJ.

-MH had treatment and surgery to remove cancer.

(2014) 4 years earlier

-MH went to court (to finalise divorce?)

-SJ-KS fighting at court steps

-KS cheating with JM is mentioned

-MH saw SJ crying at steps?

2 months ago

E16: What you cherish cannot be forgotten. MH told he has three months to live.

-MH's cancer recurred. Stage 4. Not operable.

Several weeks before proposal

E12: What is kept won't be forgotten. MH paid off SJ's loanshark. "We are not allowed to love each other."

E14: Something you kept you won't forget. MH-SJ went out together to spread Byeol's ashes during the weekend. Car broke down. "O genki desu ka?"

-All events before proposal: arranged date, faux seduction, enter YD, SJ fired, start share bed, Byeol died, enter SY, consummation of relationship.

Time 0

-MH proposed marriage to SJ

-SJ moved in.

-Countdown final month for MH :bawling::bawling:

? week(s) after

E18: Memory over love. MH and SJ's wedding.

-SJ's petition accepted.

-Honeymoon.

-MH collapsed.

Some translation were given as first day, second day etc, while others first time, second time etc. But if the correct translation is time, then:

3 hours ago, hushhh said:

First time I saw her she was crying, Second, third, fourth time she was crying [paraphrase]

1- Cemetery-?

2- his office asking for help?

3- Airport to hospital? In front of court

4 - Airport to hospital?

On 20/3/2018 at 11:15 AM, gladys57 said:

The OSTs used for this drama are soooo appropriate. Love the one used for our MUJIN's happy moments which is jazzy (very Frenchlike and romantic) and suitable for their age group! I love last night's moment when SJ played "hard to get" when MH asked her to eat with him and her expression after tasting his food. MH's expression was cute too! :D

Then that sad, haunting OST used for MUJIN's sad moments was simply so sentimental. B)

The BGM for the wedding scene is just MAGICAL to compliment our MUJIN couple!:wub: 

"Should we kiss first" was trending in Top 3 on Naver for a long time last night, and "Should we kiss first OST", "Should we kiss first's Plot" was also in Top 20! So happy the drama is doing well!

I just can't get enough of MuJin Couple in last night Eps. They are sooo adorable together, MH's gazes at SJ are filled with love and longing.... Love the scene where MH patiently teaches SJ about the stars.... KSA and KWS's chemistry is amazing!! :wub:

(edit)

Pi4CQ4t.gif

2y9SZi3.gif

kE7EUZJ.gif

Cr. SWKF DC

======

Kim Sun Ah IG update:

Spoiler

29511971_2083223998362319_38422571271585

29511959_2083224268362292_26254770867221

29511663_2083224331695619_3186452875605704704_n.jpg?oh=8fd0a4a3510de49be519f68007ee070c&oe=5B3E6967

29511294_2083224491695603_4262814213044436992_n.jpg?oh=3466f59c02898f69cb74f6398d375a6a&oe=5B2F58AD

The honeymoon trip was so wonderful! They were like a celebrity couple with their couple sunglasses and `let's go' walk. The pedal bike ride into the beautiful lit up tunnel was magical and when they both apologised to each other, it was pure love. I laughed so much when he stopped her repeatedly from eating the barbequed meat as she did not handle the wrap leaf the right way. They bickered like an old married couple but their love and gaze for each other was that of a much loved just married couple.

My heart ached so bad during the star-gazing moment when he told her that although we do not see the stars during the day, it does not mean that they are not there. The stars are with us day and night. He impressed upon her to remember that fact, preparing her for the eventuality of his death. Would SJ really be able to handle his death?  When she stood in front of the hospital, she had a flashback to the death of her daughter and she thought to herself that she would not be able to live through another death of a loved one.

So in episode 20 we learnt that MH's guilt towards SJ was in not helping SJ with her lawsuit against Apollo Confectionary when she called and begged for help at his office 8 years ago. The younger, uncaring MH was really so different from the current 50 year old gentleman MH. I noticed that he wore ear rings then. 

I also hope that MH will receive a gift (so well-said by @USAFarmgirl) - that of Life! I know that the way the story goes, it is more logical that he will die but in real life there are miracles too and if he has so much more to live now with SJ's love, wouldn't it be possible for our MUJIN couple to live together and love each other for a long long time?

7 hours ago, dzareth said:

@hushhh, allow me to rearrange the flashbacks

Thank you.

This was exactly what I hoped would happen. 

I didn't have the time to do it myself so I was hoping a more detailed person wuld add the missing information to create a more complete list. 

flying-kiss.gif

@dzareth It just occurred to me that we are not done with six years ago.  I'm not sure we know what SJ has forgotten, (since she seems to have remember what we were shown) and we don't know exactly what MH cherished.

I must say that MH has a extreme style change between 2007 and 2010 when his wife was out of the country.

Ear rings.  I notice a lot of actors have earring piercing but few wear ear rings as characters. I wondered when I saw MH ear ring if it was a signifier for "bad boy-ness" or immorality and anti-social behavior.

@hushhh. You are most welcomed. It is not that I am free, I just couldn't let go -_-

9 hours ago, hushhh said:

I'm not sure we know what SJ has forgotten, (since she seems to have remember what we were shown) and we don't know exactly what MH cherished.

I must say that MH has a extreme style change between 2007 and 2010 when his wife was out of the country.

Ear rings.  I notice a lot of actors have earring piercing but few wear ear rings as characters. I wondered when I saw MH ear ring if it was a signifier for "bad boy-ness" or immorality and anti-social behavior.

Interesting. Though I still have no clue what is it that MH cherishes, I always assume what SJ forgot is their encounter.

Past-MH was an artist at the peak of his career. His colleague did say he was very talented and he won numerous awards in his field. He probably had that anti-establishment kind of attitude. But look at him now... To quote SJ's nephew "Haraboji..." hehe.

I didn't realize how fast-paced this drama is. We still have 3 weeks to watch which is amazing. Terminal illness is typically revealed in the last third of the whole drama run right?

27 minutes ago, dzareth said:

@hushhh. You are most welcomed. It is not that I am free, I just couldn't let go -_-

Interesting. Though I still have no clue what is it that MH cherishes, I always assume what SJ forgot is their encounter. Which encounter? Outside his office it seems like, but I'm not 100% sure.

Past-MH was an artist at the peak of his career. His colleague did say he was very talented and he won numerous awards in his field. He probably had that anti-establishment kind of attitude. But look at him now... To quote SJ's nephew "Haraboji..." hehe. I get that. But I think he was also on top during 2011 and there was no hint of that style.  Unless that "style" was his rebellion in response to his wife being away.

I didn't realize how fast-paced this drama is. We still have 3 weeks to watch which is amazing. Terminal illness is typically revealed in the last third of the whole drama run right? Sometimes it is the starting premise i.e. Scent of a Woman or Contract Marriage.

KWS wore earrings for the SWKF presscom and he looks super SMEXY! I love his hairstyle which he uses for his MH character. When he smiles, his dimples have me SWOONING. From the presscom we can immediately see our OTP's CHEMISTRY! Too bad there wasn't any subs for the presscom or BTS videos.:D

If I'm not mistaken, KWS is quite an established artist in Korea in real life too. Which is why MH's character suits him (except for the illness) perfectly.  He can do the split effortlessly and is good at yoga as shown in 1 of the BTS videos. I'm a halmoni (grandma) so I dont know how to post videos. :blush:

1 hour ago, gladys57 said:

KWS wore earrings for the SWKF presscom and he looks super SMEXY! I love his hairstyle which he uses for his MH character. When he smiles, his dimples have me SWOONING. From the presscom we can immediately see our OTP's CHEMISTRY! Too bad there wasn't any subs for the presscom or BTS videos.:D

If I'm not mistaken, KWS is quite an established artist in Korea in real life too. Which is why MH's character suits him (except for the illness) perfectly.  He can do the split effortlessly and is good at yoga as shown in 1 of the BTS videos. I'm a halmoni (grandma) so I dont know how to post videos. :blush:

Agree...he is soxy..very cool and sexy ahjussi..unfortunately he already married, if not, I will ship him with KSA. 

I am totally fall in love with KWS and SMJ character. I love the way he look at ASJ with full of love. And his smile...omg..how can't you not fall in love with him, after he look at you the way he look at ASJ..

Although I do ache for Soo Jin and the profound loss of her daughter and the tremendous grief and the long range effects the loss has had on her life, I find it difficult to like Soo Jin. Her quirkiness in remarks and actions, the premeditated marital thoughts that her friend encourages Soo Jin to take action on to snag Mu Han, and her cutesy poo gestures are all what I found unappealing in this character.  I do not find humor nor cuteness in most of her actions. In fact, I find her utterances and thoughts annoying.  I do not see what Mu Han finds appealing in her character except to feel sympathetic to all that she feels and has undergone due to her child's death.  If it is loneliness which serves to draw them together, so be it.  And that is understandable.  

Archived