Good-Witch-p001.jpg

English title: Good Witch

original title: 착한마녀전

Episodes: 40

Genre: family, melodrama

Aired: March 17th, 2018 - May 6th, 2018

Network: SBS

Duration: 35 min

Air time: saturdays 20:45 (4 episodes back to back)

Official site: http://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/nicewitch

Sinopsis:

Cha Sun-Hee  is a housewife and she is married to Bong Cheon-Dae. Her husband is currently unemployed. She has a twin sister, Cha Do-Hee, who works as a flight attendant. Although they are identical twins, they have completely opposite personalities. Cha Do-Hee becomes involved in a situation which leads to Cha Sun-Hee pretending to be her flight attendant sister. She then meets co-pilot Song Woo-Jin.

Cast

Lee Da Hae as Cha Sun Hee / Cha Do Hee

Ryu Soo Young  as Song Woo-Jin

Baa Soo Bin as Bong Chun Dae (Sun Hee's husband) 

source: asianwiki

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@0ly40 Thanks for creating this thread :heart: Didn't notice it until I made another thread for the drama (should have searched more before I did that :D )

Anyway, I am excited to be back on kdrama threads, have been sometime. Like Dahae it is a comeback after 3+ years, kkk :D I miss those deep drama discussions ^^

For updated info about the drama and cast, find the wiki 

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/착한마녀전

Seems the drama now set to air in March (Most likely because of the Olympics which will be held in February) and also the Episodes count is now 60 Episodes 

More cast members:

• Lee Duk Hwa -- Confirmed
  • Yoon Se Ah -- Confirmed
  • An Woo Yeon -- Confirmed
  • Choi Jun Yong
  • Lee Jung Kil
  • Jung Eun Woo
  • Yang Geum Seok
  • Lee Hye Sook
  • Choi Yoon So
  • Kil Yong Woo

Writer: Yoon Young Mi 
PD: Oh Se Gang

The cast dining after initial script reading. Seems another script reading was held yesterday and they also started filming (may be some test or promo shots?!)

And seems they are starting to work on preparing the drama OST

And Dahae from the filming set

gw-set-2.jpg?w=468&h=gw-set-1.jpg?w=468&h=

2 hours ago, apqaria said:

Welcome @apqaria to this thread. It's a pleasure to meet you here.

I am really getting impatient here and wondering why they didn't release official confirmed news about the main cast till now!!! or will they directly give us photos of the script reading!!

Anyway, while waiting from the confirmed news of some of the secondary characters we got some info

Lee Duk-hwa takes on the role of Oh Pyeong-pan, a CEO of the greatest airline in Korea and Yoon Se-ah takes the role of Oh Tae-ri, a woman who has everything she could ever want. her father is Oh Pyeong-pan (Lee Duk-hwa)

Here are the translated reports of those news (CR. Hancinema)

https://www.hancinema.net/lee-duk-hwa-to-star-in-sbs-nice-witch-113262.html

https://www.hancinema.net/yoon-se-ah-to-become-rich-in-nice-witch-113293.html

So did they hear me complaining ?! :wink: 

Finally the production released the official news confirming the drama lineup and along with the news some pictures for the main cast.

The pictures shows, Lee Da hae,  Ryu Soo Young, Bae Soo Bin, Yoon Se Ah and An Woo Yeon  in their characters :wub:

Bae Soo Bin looks quite weird though!! I did laugh on his look and pose :D 

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201712200100149100010606&servicedate=20171219

20171219_1513646557_24118500_1.jpg

@quockhanh45  Yah I saw that a while ago too but it was only 1 report by insiders rather than official statement from SBS and that is why even the cast names weren't added to the drama main page on Naver or Nate until today when the official news cameout. Even dahae was cautious mentioning the drama in her SNS update.

So although I knew it was already a done deal and that the cast already met and filmed something for the drama I was still waiting for the confirmation news so we can be sure because you know that anything can happen.

Anyway, I am happy I got what I was waiting for and also with some new pictures of the actors in characters.

BTW, I don't see news about Hye Jeong still which is weird since she was supposed to be one of the lead roles so I am not quite sure if she decided not to appear or what. We will see!!

Wow! Thanks for all the updates on this thread so far. I am a bit confused as to who the male lead is, it seems the pilot will fall in love with the good witch who is in love with her real husband, but the reports seem to focus more on the pilot than the husband...is it because the actor playing the pilot is more famous? 

I like her look here a lot! The jacket she is wearing is the same as the one she wore to China last year or the year before.

@ELY_397 It was apparent from the start that RSY has a bigger role but I thought BSB will have quite a big role too but now I think it may be less than I thought but I still look forward to seeing him in this husband role. And if I understood correctly An Woo Yeon will have quite an important role with our heroine too as he plays the CEO (Duk Hwa) younger son and Yoon Se Ah brother.

I also not sure how things will work out for "co-pilot and house wife pretending to be her younger sister" love line, how they will make you root for them when she is a married woman ?!

Here is the plot translation from Asian Wiki

http://asianwiki.com/Good_Witch

Cha Sun-Hee (Lee Da-Hae) is a housewife and she is married to Bong Cheon-Dae (Bae Soo-Bin). Her husband is currently unemployed. She has a twin sister, Cha Do-Hee (Lee Da-Hae), who works as a flight attendant. Although they are identical twins, they have completely opposite personalities. Cha Do-Hee becomes involved in a situation which leads to Cha Sun-Hee pretending to be her flight attendant sister. She then meets co-pilot Song Woo-Jin (Ryu Soo-Young).

Reading this article most of the character will be related to airlines.

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g_menu=700210&g_serial=1066973

'Good Witch I' is a very good double housewife who is a good housewife suffering from a double life until the life of a mischievous twin sister nicknamed 'Wank Witch' by a housewife who was so good.

As a performer to demonstrate a personality-strong charismatic performance while digesting the opposite twins, SBS is returning to the lead role in the drama 'Blowup Party' after about 10 years, and the girl who is a good girl who is good, and Cha Doo-hee, a female witch and a female witch Cha Doohee will challenge two.

Ryoo Soo-young plays the role of Song Joo-jin, the representative of the Yolo people. In the life of Song Woo-jin, a nonhaher who is a non-married person, Cha's life is going to shake up with a woman named Cha sun-hee.

It was a bundle of incidents that could not be avoided, and Oh Young Yang, the youngest son of the airline CEO, took over. Ahn Yeon-yeon, who had taken a snowboard in 'Youth era 2', is expected to present a different chemistry with Ryu Soo-young.

Then, Bae Su - bin will appear as the husband of. Bongcheon University, a brilliant rationalist and sensible person, is an unemployed husband who is in charge of SNS management rather than seeking job.

Yunsea is the eldest daughter of an airline CEO who is born with a gold spoon, and is an aviation executive, digesting a hot blooded character, Otani.

@Annya Yah true and what about flight attendant in 2018, another SBS drama "Should We Kiss First" will also have its heroine as flight attendant :D 

I see the wiki now updated, Hye Jeong name is still there and they added actress Jung Hye-Sun to the supporting cast.

Also I see the number of episodes again changed to 40 Eps!! They are trying to confuse me :D I guess I should stop thinking about it and just receive what they give us :wink: 

what does an "unemployed husband who is in charge of SNS management rather than seeking job" actually do? Does he look at his phone all day? Lol

If the husband is a rational and sensible person, does that mean he is also unemotional? I don't want to see adultery in the story no matter how bad the husband is...the last drama about adultery I watched was On the way to the airport and I found some of the scenes quite icky. Let's hope this is a light hearted drama!

@ELY_397 Yah I am also concerned about the possibility of them pushing "affair" to this plot. Would she actually be described as "Good" with that?! I had problem with "My Love Eun Dong" and dropped it for that reason. So here is to hope the writer don't offer us something we struggle to swallow as we watch this drama *fingers crossed*

@ELY_397 Haha i cracked reading ur thought but it was exactly what i was wondering.I feel all this 5 actor have important role in series which were mentioned today in article.

Lets not speculated abt Cha sun hee husband we don't know much abt him lol.

@apqaria Which role Hye Jeong was supposed to play ? And abt no of episode for time being forget it till u see conference and any article with no of episodes in it.

I am happy to see 2 lee da hey instead of one :DJust imagine lee da hey talking to other lee da hey.

Looks like this person is going to compose the music of drama or BGM .

@Annya She was supposed to be a flight attendant as well. 

And yah although I am not sure the situation the mean sister will face will allow much of those type of scenes but I am also looking forward to 2 da hae's on our screen. That never happened before :D 

I am wondering if that Dahae look in the latest picture of the drama is the housewife look so we should get to see another look for the twin sister and which later will be also wore by the housewife.

Archived