[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

11 hours ago, ruzikie said:

but i am shipping Bo Young with Min Ho already, so what should i do ? LMAO

I think we're doomed. I can already sense I'm on the wrong ship and I already want to hug Min Ho but also kick him in the butt for being an immature silly dork.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, packmule3 said:

I always knew you had violent tendencies. hahaha. But word of advice: don't punch a guy who can flatten you like a pancake with just one leg. Did you see the massive size of Defcon??

Always? Hahahaha. :D He stressed me out along with the acidity problems I'm having so don't blame me. :tongue: I am looking forward to what more shenanigans he's going to throw at us haha. 

3 hours ago, packmule3 said:

That was an inside joke, too, from 2D1N. Defcon is such a foodie that he knows the specialty of each region that 2D1N members visit on the show. On one episode, they searched for the best hang-over soup and he proved to be a reliable resource person.

Oh really? Wow, this information has been used quite smartly then! Haha, unlike reply, the main leads are quite sorted out here and we know what's going to happen. But unlike Jung Hwan, Min Ho here has his reason to act sour towards bo young [that's what I guessed from the first episode], so I feel this sympathy towards him, which wasn't there in case of Jung Hwan. Regardless,  will watch 2nd episode and give feedback to your musings. B)

Dang,i'm starting to really really like the duo of the two outsiders aka DaeBang Sunbae and Joo Young,they are so hilarious together,both of them being totally oblivious that are treated as outsiders by the rest of the peers and feeling all that pity for the other party,their friendship will be quite endering i might say(again Joo Young really has a difficult personality)...For some reason i have this impression that Jae Wook might know Bo Young from way before,maybe when she was little or something,i might be wrong but that's the subtle impression i got...I was actually quite happy that he saw all her hardwork and put things straight into their place and even took her to the Seminar,hope by the end she will get a full time contract job...I felt a bit sad for Bo Young's glass Sunbae as he has quite the hard time at home but that doesn't excuse at all his way of treating her,making her do his work and all the bullying he does,not at all...Everyone has problems in their personal lives,that doesn't mean all of us need to act like that to those around us...Ah,Bo Young,she will be so embarrassed when she wakes up from her state and remembers all the babbling she told Jae Wook...

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Here, there also seems to be a plot line where BY thinks that maybe JW likes her and even expresses her thoughts about it when she's drunk which she's totally going to have to back off on when she's sober. I hope that if her romance is with JW that she's able to finally get her man. :)

As for MH, still not sure what makes him really tick, and why he's still proverbially pulling on BY's braids, and I think he's supposed to be maturing as he interacts with patients and his colleagues, but not sure.

So, I have to admit I have 2 complaints about this drama.

1. Things are kept rather mysterious, but to the point that it's getting tiresome, e.g. with the reason that JW is at this hospital and what really happened to his past.

2. I know it's supposed to be slice of life, but it's a bit on the boring side, for which I blame the writing.

The things I do like are the poems, even if their pertinence to the episode is a bit ham-fisted for my taste. Also, Dae Bang Sunbae and Joo Young (Defconn and Park Sun Ho) are actually starting to grow on me rather than being annoying.

Another one on the team.

Yesterday episode totally killed MH character for me as a romantic partner to BY. He remind me of the characters from things like boys before flovers and all were the guy is mean to the girl (when he scare her so she fail just for his laugh make me really angry). I hated them and found them boring.

You find not knowing JW past a little tiresome but he appear for the first time last minute of first episode and maybe 3 minutes in episode 2. I think we can forgive them since it's probably a 16 episodes drama and that they don't told us everything episode 3.

For the poems, I don't speak korean like you but it is possible that it sound better in korean ?

I do not know, but I remember reading here that Lee Jun Hyeok is the male lead? I think matter of importance, yes, but Jang Dong Yoon has more screen time than him.
All in all, for the moment this drama seems pretty obvious, the girl will surely finish with jae wuk. he seems rational, mature, and yes he is very sexy and his smile so cute:wub::D.

But unlike most here, I love minho:wub::tongue:, ok he's annoying, immature, he needs an iron fist but he's really funny. Looking from the beginning, I'm not sure that yu bi was really in love with him. but he is so cute. it is obvious that he will not have the girl, I feel a little bad for him, he seems to hold on to her but rejects her at the same time, besides he is sometimes naughty with her, very awkward, especially since he has left his chance, I do not see how yu bi can want to come to him again. I hope there will be no love triangle LOL.:ph34r:

preview of episode 5 seems to show an improved relationship between yu bi and jae wuk

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

About his past, I just hope it's not that big of a thing. The slice of life feeling would be killed if it was unrealistic.

I like that it's not the way he treat BY as mutch as the way he treat people. He saw a hardworking person that everyone was using and found it unacceptable so he decide to act. He didn't do it because she was a woman and him a man but just because it was the right thing to do. I am tired of male lead that treat the girl/everyone poorly.

I hope that BY realise that he didn't help "her" but someone and that make her like him because of that quality instead of her having a fantasy that he help her because he "like" her (he may do too).

For the poem, I think it would have been more interesting to do the opposite with taking a writer to create a verse for the episode and maybe said it's from YB and that she write a poem/verse a day.

4/16? episodes. They have the time to give us a boring triangle (I hate triangle). I hope that BY will realise that even if he like her now (I don't know if he does or will), MH should never have threaten her like that. In episode 3, he realise that he used her but he doesn't apologise and keep being mean. If you add the part that he didn't think about it himself but had to have everything explain to him. I truly hope he doesn't end up with her. Grown up, suffer a little and move on.

51 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Translation for episode 5 preview

Thanks for trans the preview.

MH still egocentric and childish can only thing about himself, it's tiring.

I don't know many grumpy docs who end up with the feisty female lead. 

I used to write poems while doing science lab work. When I shifted to literature, I learned that lit is very much interrelated with any field. I do agree that the poems are possibly better appreciated and better written in Korean. Since I don't know Korean, I can't contribute much. 

I  like jae wook mysterious character and his interaction with Bo Young. (Advice machine lol:joy:

Heartbreaking brothers lol:joy:

I like Min Ho and I'm hurt because I'm feeling like he's falling for her now. Not sure what writer planning (Im still not over from the trauma of drinking solo...When gong myung - character endup hurt )

I like both jae wook and Min Ho with Bo Young but I'm gonna hurt too much if writer make Min Ho character hurt too much. 

After watching upto ep 4 feeling good . Episode by episode improved. 

1 hour ago, RPM said:

I like Min Ho and I'm hurt because I'm feeling like he's falling for her now. Not sure what writer planning (Im still not over from the trauma of drinking solo...When gong myung - character endup hurt )

I like both jae wook and Min Ho with Bo Young but I'm gonna hurt too much if writer make Min Ho character hurt too much. 

After watching upto ep 4 feeling good . Episode by episode improved. 

58 minutes ago, echotiner said:

i definitely will drop this drama if Min ho is not with BY .. its hurt that i ship 2nd lead .. :bawling::bawling:

I don't know if you are men or women but doesn't he botter the way MH treat BY ?

Even in episode 4, he doesn't reflect on himself and has to have someone tell him that he is a jerk. He only think about himself and hurt BY as long as he found it "fun".

9 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah this girl fall for people way to quick she going to get her heart broken` again.

At least this time she fall for a guy who don't lie to her or give her false hope. JW was honest with her and that's all. I hope they won't do the dumb thing like he will hurt her by telling her he doesn't have feeling for her then realise he does and try to be with her.

Finished watching ep.3&4...i must say im really into jae wook -bo young ship..they have this spark when they are together...his seriousness was balnced by her sincerity and cuteness...im just bothered with the character that keeps on textng and calling jae wook i hope he is truly over with that girl:flushed:

Archived