[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Whew! I just finished this show and reading this thread. I didn’t get the confusion over which actor was the main lead perhaps because on DramaFever only the actors for BY and Dr. Ye were listed. The opening credits also showed the actor for Dr. Ye right after BY. ^_^ I’m glad it turned out that way too because it was nice seeing their relationship blossom from mutual respect to something dearer. I think they really suited each other. I also never found them boring and never found Dr. Ye boring. I quite like his character even when he’s dishing out unsolicited advice. LOL It’s kind of ironic because I found him funnier than a lot of the other things that were meant to be funny. 

Gosh, Dr. YJ’s story just crushed me. It’s so sad that she chose to break off her marriage without even giving her husband a chance to decide what he wanted to do. Her decision didn’t sit well with me at all even if she thought it was the best thing for him since he wanted children. Well, it’s water under the bridge now but it was still sad that she didn’t give him an honest answer even after all that time. At least he would know that he didn’t fail her.

22 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Whew! I just finished this show and reading this thread. I didn’t get the confusion over which actor was the main lead perhaps because on DramaFever only the actors for BY and Dr. Ye were listed. The opening credits also showed the actor for Dr. Ye right after BY. ^_^ I’m glad it turned out that way too because it was nice seeing their relationship blossom from mutual respect to something dearer. I think they really suited each other. I also never found them boring and never found Dr. Ye boring. I quite like his character even when he’s dishing out unsolicited advice. LOL It’s kind of ironic because I found him funnier than a lot of the other things that were meant to be funny. 

I agree. All the stuff he got up to after they became an item was very funny to. Drawing hearts, panicking and getting angry with Therapist Park for pushing BY onto the floor. But my favourite has got to be when he tries to leave early after a staff dinner on the pretext of being tired (so that he can sneak off and spend quality time with BY). That was gold. Deliberate bad acting. Dear me... why is LJH so underrated?

23 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Gosh, Dr. YJ’s story just crushed me. It’s so sad that she chose to break off her marriage without even giving her husband a chance to decide what he wanted to do. Her decision didn’t sit well with me at all even if she thought it was the best thing for him since he wanted children. Well, it’s water under the bridge now but it was still sad that she didn’t give him an honest answer even after all that time. At least he would know that he didn’t fail her.

It's an odd sort of noble idiocy. Has she not heard of something called "adoption"? Why this unnecessary sort of self-inflicted pain? Is she never going to date again? And if she does, is she going to let the guy know up front that she can't have kids?

@40somethingahjumma, I was also very pleased with how mature BY and JW handled the fact that she chose to hide her job situation from him. I was dreading the usual dramatic handling of this kind of situation in the hand of script writers but thankfully the situation wasn’t blown up but rather cleared up very much in line with their characters. 

Some of the side stories that really touched me were the paraplegic woman and her fiancé, the doctor who got sick and wanted to transfer to another hospital, the radiologist doctor who wasn’t sure how to work the examination machine and the grandma who delayed surgery because of her grand daughter. Nice slice of life drama. 

I know that I am very late to join this thread but I am really in love with the Yeline, especially with Lee Jun Hyuk. God, I have also heard about the shipwar back when the drama was still airing but I have to say that I was already on the Yeline ship even in the beginning of the drama. When Dr Ye character first popped up, I was already smitten by his handsome face and his mysterious aura. And when he finally smiled in the end of ep 4 when he looked at Bo Young's shadow, God, I was onboard on that ship! If anyone says that his character is not a first male lead material, IMO, he is a really first male lead material. He has that mysterious aura in him and he is also distant to others and I find his character is quite a mixed of various first male lead, except that he does not have a lovehate relationship with our female lead, but he is just making a distance. I really love that he is so mature and when Bo Young lied when she went to the interview, he did not get mad at her, instead, he thought that it was his mistake that he was unapproachable to her. He tried to fix his unapproachable behavior and thus made our female lead become more smitten to him. How thoughtful he is. He is so lovable in his own way. And I agree that when I really love someone, I try to show my best side of me to him and it is not because I am not comfortable to him, it is just I want him to know that he also loves the right woman. Dr Ye is a really good listener and finally Bo Young can open up to him. A relationship like that, IMO, will last forever because the man is really mature and the woman understands her man really well and tries to understand him and his own way to love her. A relationship when the couple try to learn each other slowly but surely like that is my favorite. I knew Lee Jun Hyuk since City Hunter and I remembered I loved his character so much back then. He has an amazing acting skill, killer smile, and a very handsome face. Truly a male lead material. I hope to see him in a drama again soon and also Lee Yu Bi. I love her in a comedic like this.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@screwdila I lurve it... so excited for his new drama. Though I am hoping he'd do another romance one some time in the future.

My LJH fever has resurfaced again...I have been watching old clips and MVs of APAD :D

• 10 months later...

Archived