Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

As a person who recently was obsessed over the first half of Pretty noona and the second half of My mister, I was hooked to APAD from ep 1 to ep 16 and lost my sleep to finish it. (Thanks to some Pretty noona fan who mentioned some Dr Ye in that thread, I got interested and had to go around looking for a drama with Dr Ye ha ha ha). It also showed I almost never commented. But I had to for this. 

That I love Dr Ye character. 

That I did not even once and certainly can not consider or imagine Min Ho as the end game with Bo Young, first love, puppy love, yes. 

The little things that Dr Ye does as well as his principles attract and tell me that he is someone BY can rely on. He is not the romantic type but he tries. He's protective and also considerate in how he handles the chief, the hospital issues and especially Min Ho's issue. 

I dont deny Min Ho has his own charms but as a viewer, I'm so happy with this ending and cannot fathom it any other way, unless they have more intimate time together, Dr Ye and BY of course. Ha ha ha 

• Like 14

We're happy that Dr. Ye is the end game because we want the best for BY and we want a Dr. Ye for ourselves. What matters to me is not the main lead but the main squeeze. He's deserving of our uri BY's love, devotion and body gags. 

And like I joked before but luh it did come true, this drama is about MH's evolution from a jerk to a less of a jerk. He deserves to be loved by someone as he's become love itself (remember the poem?). But you know that that someone is not BY. The writer chose to make her heart anchored to Dr. Ye's shores. If it's because of public sentiment, then all the better. We do not owe someone our love just because they've become nice to us. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I am kind of picky with kdrama , and i am happy to watch this ( even follow live :D)  .  Thanks @triplem for providing so many info for APAD .  I am waiting for LJH's next drama  but i think i will observe first coz i still can't get rid of Dr ye character from him ( hope he is not villain in new drama).

If i am not wrong , JDY also filming Law of Jungle , i am glad they are  having new projects, hope there are more to come :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Is it safe to come back in here?

Did I start something? Because I sure didn't mean to. :o I feel like I came into the middle of a ship war.

@triplem You and I are definitely drama buddies. Yeah... I ended up really liking this show... it's very low key, very sweet. tvN scores again in the slice of life genre.

I was really surprised how much of a growing up story was incorporated into the overall narrative and I really enjoyed the humour after all the ridiculous stuff in the early episodes got toned down. I think the development of various characters were a mixed bag. Some were just there for decorative purposes and others to provide comic relief. It does make a bit of sense on some level although I wondered why there's so much focus on some of the so-called supporting characters like Therapist Park for instance. His and Nam Woo's temporary nihilism was funny for a bit but it got old after a while. 

This, I think highlights the weakness/difficulties with the approach taken here. In order to align thematically to tie in with the poem of the day, character development was sacrificed on some level or at least relegated to second fiddle in order to fit in with the theme.

The other thing that really struck me was how much "the full-time job" became BY's holy grail, as it were. Obviously that's a major issue for professionals these days... to move from being contract workers to permanency. Most of us just go from contract to contract sadly and then we have to go through the indignity of re-applying for our jobs because no one at the top can be bothered with doing proper performance reviews. I'm glad for her to get permanency which is the happy ending she was really craving for. Falling in love was the icing on the cake.

When I joked a bit about the fact that this show seems to be primarily known for its rival ships rather than all the far more important aspects of the story, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. I'd seen comments in other places first before I read the ones here. 

Although I did watch this for LJH, I actually did come to really like his character. I thought he was a good match for BY even if he did have his quirks and was legalistic to a fault. But he had strong boundaries and he respected other's, most especially BY's. Despite being the rock star of SK physiotherapy, he remained level headed and kept to his principles. Still I cackled with laughter at how bad he was at keeping his happiness under check and was leaking his newfound emotions everywhere in the workplace. Being in a relationship with BY loosened him up but he was still essentially a bit of a Mr Darcy. I don't why their colleagues didn't cotton on to his feelings for her but at the party celebrating her appointment to full-time position, the way he was looking at her and smiling... surely no one can misunderstand what that means.

I thought the show was pretty consistent with MH's character. In truth, people don't change that much in such a short space of time. While he softened towards BY as he fell for her, his coping mechanism for not getting what he wanted saw him revert to his old ways. I'm not unsympathetic to his family issues: the weight of parental expectations and his being treated like the black sheep. Clearly his bad behaviour is bravado and bluster stemming from a sensitive disposition. But I think it's because of that among other things that I don't root for him to be with BY. (And I don't generally root for Domyoji clones either and MH'ss right off the assembly line) But most importantly BY made her choice and stuck to her guns.

Anyway, this was an entertaining diversion. I had a few laughs and got teary now and again. Glad I caught this gem.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @40somethingahjumma in this respect. Despite Hana Yori Dango being my all time favourite drama that characters like Doumyouji are not the type of characters I root for and I really dislike those type of characters in general and rewarding them with a person like BY is really a disfavour to the type of person she is.

Dr Ye was a wonderful character yes he was a bit boring but he had such great qualities that Min Ho just paled in comparison in my eyes. Min Ho's behaviour from the very beginning turned me off him completely and in spite of the fact that he had a more fleshed out character story he does not deserve BY and should not get her. There are many more reasons why BY both loved and respected Dr Ye and their relationship in a sea of dramas celebrating bad boy who are borderline abusive and mind you Doumyouji was abusive in my book is a breath of fresh air.

Dr.Ye's expression was so obvious I agree and he was adorably dorky about his attraction and love for BY that it melted my heart.

Thank you drama I really loved this one very much and enjoyed the physiotherapist aspect which is an aspect that was surprisingly interesting. All round good drama and the poems rocked. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

You and I are definitely drama buddies. Yeah... I ended up really liking this show... it's very low key, very sweet. tvN scores again in the slice of life genre.

We are indeed. It's always a pleasure to read you on the threads. I still remember reading you on Missing Nine the very first time. Honestly that was a crazy show, but I am not sure why I carried on & somehow enjoyed it. :lol: i  think by the end of the drama there was only 3 or 4 of us left on the thread. Currently hanging onto  Greasy Melo mainly out my love for jang Hyuk. Thankfully Lawless Lawyer is really enjoyable.  But like you , it is Life on Mars that I have been waiting for.

I think TVN has done some really good ones of late (Prison Playbook, Live and the recently completed My Ahjussi (which I have yet to start on) ) .This one flew under the radar for most, but I think it's just one those lovely conflict free dramas ( more conflict on the forums  :lol:) , soft and sweet like the cotton candy that Ye gave BY.  I do agree that some character development has been sacrificed to fit the poems in. I can't remember if it was here or on Dramabeans where a comment was made about how sometimes it feels like the writer may have found the poems first then fitted the story around it.

@hyall I am glad you found this drama too. I completely agree with your assessment of Ye.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, hyall said:

Dr Ye was a wonderful character yes he was a bit boring but he had such great qualities that Min Ho just paled in comparison in my eyes. Min Ho's behaviour from the very beginning turned me off him completely and in spite of the fact that he had a more fleshed out character story he does not deserve BY and should not get her. There are many more reasons why BY both loved and respected Dr Ye and their relationship in a sea of dramas celebrating bad boy who are borderline abusive and mind you Doumyouji was abusive in my book is a breath of fresh air.

Dr.Ye's expression was so obvious I agree and he was adorably dorky about his attraction and love for BY that it melted my heart.

Thank you drama I really loved this one very much and enjoyed the physiotherapist aspect which is an aspect that was surprisingly interesting. All round good drama and the poems rocked. 

The thing is, I never found YJW boring. He was unexpectedly sweet for a man who on appearance was abrasive and perfectionistic. I was amused by his mannerisms, his personality quirks and charmed by his respect for BY especially when contrasted by how MH was denigrating her person, disrespecting her likes and dislikes. He was quietly admirable and amusing. If MH was "more interesting", it was because he bulldozed his way around BY noisily and trampled on her boundaries before finally falling for her and acknowledging his feelings in a rather backhanded self-centred fashion.

BY may have started her romance with JW by crushing on him but she fell for him even more because he treated her with respect despite all of MH's efforts to diminish her in JW's eyes. Besides that he's a poetry-reading kindred spirit and he saw all of BY's good qualities way before MH was capable of understanding them.

I actually think the show is quite logical in its unfolding of the romance because BY made the right choice for her temperament.

That's why it's quite reprehensible for the writer to come out and say those things. It's as if he/she has no moral fortitude to defend their writing decisions and take responsibility for them. There will always be disappointments where love triangles are concerned and a segment of the population just has to deal with it. I had to for other things... but thankfully not often.

• Like 10

thanks @triplem !  I wonder if there is still sub for rest of his v live .. haha

@40somethingahjumma i like how you explained of the drama , very logical.  Probably the story is too normal and "logical" that  ppl didnt find it is interesting to watch as an entertainment. However, i am glad that writer go for the logical way . I repeat the whole drama again ,  and i found  that the flow was actually fine if watch continuously ( as i was following live weekly ) , just realized that Dr Ye couldn't remember the name of the intern or care about others personal business,  he actually from the start that remembered the compliment card was from BY , he was actually care about BY when BY seems not having eye contact with him or tried to avoid him and also  remembered what BY said about the  Dubai chaebol ,  she likes walking etc .. hhaa that shows that he has already noticed BY and started to like her day by day when he gets to know her more ..

• Like 8

22 hours ago, jellybing2009 said:

thanks @triplem !  I wonder if there is still sub for rest of his v live .. haha

@40somethingahjumma i like how you explained of the drama , very logical.  Probably the story is too normal and "logical" that  ppl didnt find it is interesting to watch as an entertainment. However, i am glad that writer go for the logical way . I repeat the whole drama again ,  and i found  that the flow was actually fine if watch continuously ( as i was following live weekly ) , just realized that Dr Ye couldn't remember the name of the intern or care about others personal business,  he actually from the start that remembered the compliment card was from BY , he was actually care about BY when BY seems not having eye contact with him or tried to avoid him and also  remembered what BY said about the  Dubai chaebol ,  she likes walking etc .. hhaa that shows that he has already noticed BY and started to like her day by day when he gets to know her more ..

Probably. :wink: Although like you, I thought it was a breath of fresh air.

There are definitely advantages to marathoning a show straight through... lack of quality sleep notwithstanding... and you really get a real sense of the continuity. Even in episodes 5, 6 and 7, it's clear that YJW singles BY out for attention in a way he doesn't for anyone else. He even notices that she's struggling and tries in his own way to cheer her up. That surprised me. He was thoughtful enough to think of taking her to the literary museum dedicated to her favourite poet. (I don't think that even my husband would even think of that). Although she was stewing (and so was I) at the way MH was trying to make fun her in front of JW, every single tactic hilariously backfired. JW only saw the good. He was way ahead in the game. :lol:  BY chose well IMO... Smart girl. The only reason why she was comfortable with MH was because she didn't see him as a man. GIven their history, can we blame her? It completely inoculated her from falling for him. :D

• Like 9

@triplemThanks for the Vlive translation info, I was hunting for it!  By the way, for those who like LJH, maybe you can share his info or pen a few words at his tread in Soompi becos it is so so quiet with no updates.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jisungfan said:

@triplemThanks for the Vlive translation info, I was hunting for it!  By the way, for those who like LJH, maybe you can share his info or pen a few words at his tread in Soompi becos it is so so quiet with no updates.

Ok i started spamming :lol:

For those interested , this is his page . Come say hi. I’ll try to keep it updated

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5

From dramafever

A Poem A Day's Lee Yu Bi fell for Lee Joon Hyuk on screen and here’s why

by whatakdrama on Wed, May 23, 2018 

6c64131f-9d0c-4e79-9d3d-7d9757a50f31.jpg

The final episode of A Poem A Day aired last Tuesday. In case you still can’t get more of this sitcom-like “co-medical” drama, actress Lee Yoo Bi shared her parting thoughts in an interview with News1 on Tuesday.

‘A Poem A Day’ was Yoo Bi’s first K-drama since the 2015 drama The Scholar Who Walks the Night, and a lighter web drama Somehow 18 of last summer. “Although the ratings were a flop, ‘A Poem A Day’ was a turning point for me,” Yu Bi said, adding that she’d learned a ton from her character Woo Bo Young. She elaborated, “Bo Young is so cheerful that I received a lot of positive energy from her … I liked how she dived into work and love without reservation.” 

While comparing her personality to Bo Young’s, Yu Bi said, “I tend to dive into work and love head first as well. When Bo Young is going through tough times, she reads poetry to feel better. I’m pretty simple minded like her when it comes to overcoming struggles.”

2397cf6d-e867-42ea-8511-84574cef58d5.jpg

Throughout the show, some fans rooted for Bo Young and Ye Jae Wook (Lee Joon Hyuk), while others hoped to see her with the second male lead Shin Min Ho (Jang Dong Yoon of School 2017). “It was so nice working with both. Joon Hyuk oppa is really caring, and he helped me a lot. Dong Yoon is new to acting. I wish I’d done more to care for him,” she said. 

ab66056f-5391-47e1-ae26-16d7d9afba0c.jpg

Like many fans have predicted, Bo Young ended up with Jae Wook. “Ye Jae Wook was the only person who recognized Bo Young’s efforts,” Yu Bi said on their on-screen romance. Yu Bi went further to say she’d fall for someone like Ye Jae Wook in real life. “He seems cold headed, but once you get to know him, he’s warm and caring, which is why I think Bo Young was drawn into him. Actually, someone who’s mature and caring like Ye Jae Wook is my ideal type.”

https://www.dramafever.com/news/a-poem-a-days-lee-yu-bi-fell-for-lee-joon-hyuk-on-screen-and-heres-why/

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, sophielleann said:

@triplem hi i dont know how to post a youtube link but can you check this out.its an interview with yu bi. She was asked to choose between LJH and JDY she chose LJH ...i think...:D  https://youtu.be/Wv77JrIqOS8 

Lololol. I always knew she had an oppa crush ....kkkkkk yes she was asked in 1:39 btwn LJH & JDY , and lol, she immediately said LJH . Then she quickly said sorry to JDY 

• Like 2

@triplem can you translate the entire video?:D i just miss them so much that i drop by this forum hoping for recent updates...my mondays and tuesdays is so boring now:(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sophielleann said:

@triplem can you translate the entire video?:D i just miss them so much that i drop by this forum hoping for recent updates...my mondays and tuesdays is so boring now:(

Sorry dear . I can’t understand Korean .i only recognised that part.  I don’t know if maybe @stroppyse or @Nodame can take a look .

• Like 2

@triplem  @sophielleann

For you both, here you go.

They are making her make choices 

1) sunshine and alternative (?) (not sure the answer)

2)Jampong over Jjajang

3) Lack of over broke (?) 

4)Naengmyun over Bibim naengmyun (sub---very difficult)

5)Americano over latte

6) Half /half (choices --fried chicken or seasoned fried chicken) (Is Half /half not allowed?)

7) Chicken legs over chicken breast

8) Summer over winter (then no) It seems to be better subs --Winter

9) Text over phone call

10) Half steep /ripe (??? not sure of this)

11) Pork over beef

12) Soju over beer

13) Snack vs Bread (she says she wants to eat both of them) Ends up choosing bread

14) Morning night over sleeping in (?)

15) I will vs  I won't (She won't do something ? regards to ramen)

16) Cider vs Cola

17)kimchee soup/chigae over Soybean paste soup 

18)  KEKE over HE HE

19)If you could be born again woman over man

20) Usually I would choose love but right now I choose friendship because I don't have love 

21) Song over dance

22) Show the Money or monthly price (??? not sure of this one) Show me the money---then says Hip Hop

23)winter wearing hanbok filming  over  Filming in summer in summer clothing 

24) starving vs overnight  (text 3 days) chose overnight

25) she looks flabbergasted (text love triangle in the drama Lee Yoo Bi's decison) lee jun hyuk over jang dong yoon  (Dong Yun I am sorry!)

26) Chose 1 year with no manager over 1 year of no cell phone 

Some I was not sure but that is the jist enjoy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2