Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

@screwdila LOL the BTS. The way Bo Young and Dr. Ye look at each other makes me imagine a scene in the elevator, they both are so in love with each other and people around them feel awkward to see this two being like that :joy: LMAO I can replace Bo Young with my silly imaginations...

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

@bella1025 and @Nodame, the text preview does use a word that specifically indicates a juvenile boy, so I was not thinking that it referred to HSJ's cameo. Especially, since HSJ doesn't seem that depressed in the preview, at least whereas the boy is supposed to be in despair and refusing treatment. Heck, HSJ is flirting up a storm with BY and asking if she has a boyfriend already.  So, I"m holding onto the Ha Line as the only male character we've seen thus far who has shown unabashed appreciation of BY as a woman. :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

am off to finish ep 3 and 4 for the Naked Fireman. I will say this guys. I prefer LJH playing Ye Jae Wook. A nice educated decent guy. Rather than the one in the drama I am watching now. Or the previous one FoS. He is a good actor. But I so much prefer watching him in a role where he plays a decent guy. And looking at his previous roles I can happily skip almost all his previous roles. Since they are so not my taste. So I must like LJH only because he plays Ye JW here.

It feels like Jae Wook’s quiet & calm demeanour is the closest to his real life personality as well, at least that’s what he said in an interview for this drama.

Spoiler

I’m watching him now in The  House of Bluebird ( let’s see if I can last the 50 episodes  :lol:) and I like his personality there. No FoS sleaziness or the cheekiness of Naked Fireman. Decent principled young chap having a tough time landing a job that he wants despite being a hard worker who put himself through college. But I may have to abuse the FF button for the other family type scenes. Fortunately the main cast are actors I like & easy to look at . 

@bella1025 I have a feeling that Min Ho will confess first . Coz if JW tells her first, there’ll be no story left to tell. She would just jump in his arms given what we’ve just seen in eps 10. 

Edited by triplem
Typo
  • Like 8

@stroppyse Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah I was thinking that BY is upset with JW in regards to the little boy treatment. So later when in the preview---in my words/she says back yeah in "your words" and walks away. JW does look duly chastened. Def if BY is taking on the young boy who doesn't want treatment. I think BY will be better than JW to reach him and find out WHY he is not wanting to have treatment. We all have emotional scars in the heart and reasons.  While in theory I get JW for not wanting to help someone who DOESN'T want to help himself (mainly true). In this case, it is a young boy. He just not has the will/fire/drive to want to improve. Maybe pretty nuna BY will change that? Plus her empathy, emotion and warmth will reach the young boy.

As for HSJ hitting on BY, I still think it is JY , he is hitting on. The gal who is doing his treatment (has brown hair) and head is down and he is looking keenly at the female. (Other sharp eyed people saw it. I watched the preview too many times and I think I agree with them.) As we know our lovely BY doesn't have brown hair, plus the way they cut the preview to make it look like HSJ was hitting on her. 

I DO appreciate that JW when he hears fair/just advice/or words he does take it into account. Look back when he jumped to conclusion about MC mom sending stuff and he thought it was from a patient and unethical. So MC was pissed I cannot get stuff from my MOM!? So JW did look duly chastened/embarrassed.

• Like 9

@stroppyse Thank you! I was confuse about that part. Just couldnt find any guest actor or cameo other than HSJ. 

@triplem I agree. MH would have to confess first, instead of having him witness JW's confession if its going to be the Yeline. I'd like to finally put an end to the question, who's the second lead in this drama? :tongue: 

Besides, I'd like JW to stew a little in a soup of his own making. Ha!

Am I reaching for the moon in asking for a heartfelt kiss between JW & BY next week?  :tongue:

After reading @Nodame's post, can I just say how proud I am of BY for finally standing up for herself the past few episodes? To MH, To SJ, and next episode to someone she loves and admires. I want to pat her head and tell her she's doing a good job. Gone are the days when she used to be a pushover. The irony here is that JW was the one who actually taught her to place value on her beliefd, ability and conviction, and yes.. he's properly chastened by his student. :lol:

If this ends with Yeline, the last dialogue should come from BY and should go start with,  "Can I give you an advice?", then ends with a kissm :wub::tongue:

=========

To add...

The producers and staff were so worried about the shipping war, that they probabyl decided against adding HSJ into the fold.  :lol: :lol: :tongue: 

AlThough Im pretty sure that a lot of people are willing to make sacrifices and take HSJ out of their hands.  :tongue:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

BY's poem about being in love from episode 8.

To You - Lee Jong Hwa

It’s all you.
The world is a road that always leads to you,
It is a song for you.
Your brightness dazzles my eyes.
All the many people around,
Look to be just the one person you.
In all the flowers that bloom on the road, I see you.
In the lip-smackingly delicious coffee, you are there.
In the mountain ranges where the sun goes down, without fail, you are drawn.
Everything in the world looks differently better somehow,
And the words for waiting have disappeared from the dictionary.
I am always completely here for you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

51 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Me - Kim Yong Taek

Thinking of you,
In the Spring shower laden May, I look towards the mountain.
Oh! My breath,
Fills completely up to my chin.
Before I can swallow my breath,
Me, take all of me.

This is straight up Romanticism.

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

To You - Lee Jong Hwa

It’s all you.
The world is a road that always leads to you,
It is a song for you.
Your brightness blinds my eyes.
All the many people around,
Look to be just the one person you.
In all the flowers that bloom on the road, I see you.
In the lip-smackingly delicious coffee, you are there.
In the mountain ranges where the sun goes down, without fail, you are drawn.
Everything in the world looks differently better somehow,
And the words for waiting have disappeared from the dictionary.
I am always completely here for you.

And this is like an English translation of a Kpop song probably written by Woozi or Jung Jin Young. 

Thanks a lot @stroppyse. I owe you some coffee. Here:

<coffee.jpg>

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

3 minutes ago, jeijei said:

This is straight up Romanticism.

And this is like an English translation of a Kpop song probably written by Woozi or Jung Jin Young. 

Thanks a lot @stroppyse. I owe you some coffee. Here:

<coffee.jpg>

I agree on the Romanticism, not sure about the kpop comparison. Most kpop songs that I know are a tad more simplistic, but then again, I don't know that many kpop songs. For the second one, I was thinking it was more balladeer style, maybe Sung Shi Kyung, thought perhaps more storyteller-ish like Lee Juck?

Thanks for the coffee. I needed some caffeine.  :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Exactly, those 2 songwriters write ballads/feel-good songs and then they sometimes throw in some WTF lines like "And the words for waiting have disappeared from the dictionary" for good measure. This poem is like a Seventeen B-side song. 

• LOL 4

2 hours ago, jeijei said:

Exactly, those 2 songwriters write ballads/feel-good songs and then they sometimes throw in some WTF lines like "And the words for waiting have disappeared from the dictionary" for good measure. This poem is like a Seventeen B-side song. 

Hmm, perhaps it's the fault of the translation in that I translated it too literally. To me, that line about the words for waiting having disappeared from the dictionary means that he doesn't have to wait at all anymore to meet the love of his life since he's met her and everything is about her.

Though, I see what you mean about it being a tad left field in terms of drawing the analogy. :)

• Like 3

so finish episode 10. It was heartwarming seeing MH trying to comfort BY and it is nice seeing him mature and being there for her without having other intention. suddenly they where like parents to NW and JJ :lol:  the biggest event was that the alligator left NW shirt :tongue: poor alligator. 

seems like JW to late realize his feelings. what is he gonna do now? It was sad seeing him so down.. next episode BY gonna see a new side to him. we have seen his good side true BY but is this something that gonna make her stop her feelings? to me she have put him on a pedestal and she fantasize allot about him... not that she cant grow real feelings for him, but to me she have not seen all of him in her candy corn cloud. she never actually asked him personal question or learned about his private life. the only personal thing we know about him is about his former girlfriend and how he left hospital last time. we know more about the other staffs private life and they actually have showed MH and BY family. of course it was a event that have shaped him to who he is now. 

MH have stepped up and showed that he can put other before himself. well I think when a person is capable to grow as a person they have right to a second change. and next episode he gonna read poetry! Just thinking about him writing BY a confession poem gives me butterfly :wub:  It is a nice turn around from her writing him poem. 

so far we have two guys that are good men in their own way. even though they have their flaws. so it is not hard to see her with one of them in the end. the question is who is in her heart for real. wish the best for our girl :D 

• Like 8

@stroppyse wow that is certainly a romantic poem for ep 6. Thank you.

It does sound more like a ballad. But ballads and OSTs sound even more romantic. I think I mentioned my friend does the song lyrics esp OSTs ones on viki? Her translations make it sound as it is poetry. That's why I like this drama. The other mainstream site which does Korean song translations usually does it badly.

And geez @screwdila I am one of those who haven't watched City Hunter. Just fyi, any time any character dies in a drama, especially if there are fans of the actors- please give a spoiler warning. As in please read at your own risk. I am still not sure if I will watch that drama but now I definitely won't. I hate it when one of my current fave actor dies.... why would I want to watch it?

@triplem might give the House of Bluebird a go then. 

Back to the drama again. I actually Googled Sling therapy. There are not many places that actually has it in my city. Now my curiosity is up and I will go ask the physiotherapists if there are any in the hospitals. I know there are hydrotherapy pools just not sling therapy. And man it's all jammed into the one room. 

I must say though the writer only did a token job with the radiotherapy department. It must be a really small hospital. I am just thinking that we have 3 times the number in just the x-ray dept at any time in ED. And that is manned 24/7. Much less the main xray dept. And then there is the MRI, CT, ultrasound and the 2D echo sections.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

The recent OSt from Migyo that brought the emotional part from me when i watch this drama , so i am very much to wish that  Dr Ye can have a better chance ( given by the writer :lol: ).To be honest , i never really follow LJH's  drama since Three Brothers ,  but whenever i saw him on a drama ,  i always get attracted by him haha .  I never dislike MH ,  from the start i know he is a kind hearted boy , from the way he treat NW.  i realised that the crew are filming next week episode ?  the schedule is so tight for them to complete.

• Like 5

K-DRAMA REACTION: A POEM A DAY | EPISODE 6

PicsArt_04-25-10.11.09There are no other stories like the ones about the family that can move me to tears very easily. That is why this episode has become my favorite so far.

The meaning of family

The drama has successfully explored differing concepts of family through the eyes of Bo-young and Min-ho. Bo-young’s mother treats Bo-young’s half-brother as her own and showers him with love. She said that the power of nurture is stronger than the power of giving birth, and I couldn’t agree any less.

Full: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/04/25/k-drama-reaction-a-poem-a-day-episode-6/

• Like 5

The poem illustrated by the choices made by Teacher Kim, MH, and Teacher Yang from episode 8.  I call this the noble idiocy poem, though that is too flippant for the level of sacrifice this poem addresses, all kept inside. But, here is a translation of it.

The Road You Can’t Turn Back - Kim Chul Hyun

Leaving behind the person you love,
Acting as if you didn’t love them,
The road that turns away.

Hiding a heart that’s really hurting,
Acting as if one’s heart doesn’t hurt,

Hiding that it’s a parting that you don’t want,
Acting as if it wasn’t anything at all,

Holding back the flowing tears,
Acting as if one wasn’t weakened,

If you love,
Because you love, ultimately,
It’s a road you can’t turn back.

So, I guess I'm working backwards through the episodes in terms of translating the poems. Not sure when I'll get to them all, but hope you enjoy while waiting for the next episodes anyway. :) 

This poem also makes me curious about MH, whether he had what he thought was a good reason for turning BY down back when they were in school. Though, regardless of the reason, the way he did it was what put me off him.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

thank you @stroppysefor the translation of the poem in ep 8 .

What my interpretation for this poem is  whatever have been done is done , no turning back . What decision you had made before ,  there is no way to regret ( to love or being loved )  and no way to  turn back the clock. This poem to ask ppl to move on ..

this is how i interpret .

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jellybing2009 said:

thank you @stroppysefor the translation of the poem in ep 8 .

What my interpretation for this poem is  whatever have been done is done , no turning back . What decision you had made before ,  there is no way to regret ( to love or being loved )  and no way to  turn back the clock. This poem to ask ppl to move on ..

this is how i interpret .

I think so as well. However, the final lines of the poem is why I call it noble idiocy. It talks about loving someone, and thus for the sake of loving that someone, of having gone down that path and not being able to turn back regardless of how one feels now.

• Like 3

I confess that this is now the drama I am most excited about out of all the ones I am watching. Ironic given i was almost going to drop it. Maybe it's because the drama has this quirkiness to it. Maybe it's because the viewers can relate to the characters. Maybe it's  because the writer knows how to pull our heartstrings and make us change our minds perpetually over who the male lead is here.  (it's amazing how much debate and shipping is going on out there on every site I have seen - subbed sites, Asianwiki, twitter etc )  Kim Daebang should definitely weigh in on this. Can you imagine him having a meltdown deciding on who it is? Dr Ye ? Min Ho ? Dr Ye ? Min Ho? :lol:

BY's colleagues remind me of mine - they can rub you in the wrong way. They can be selfish , narcissistic and thoughtless in their comments. And you want to hate them but them you realise they are only human. Everyone has things that weigh him down and needs his spirit uplifted from time to time. The theme of this entire drama is really about letting go of the burdens of your past, and learning to move forward, take risks and start anew. You can see that in the back story of every character.

Also while using one of the subbed sites which I cannot name, I came across this interesting comment that will warm the hearts of all Ye Liners. credit to  commenter Sunny Bunny of this particular site.

Spoiler

Obviously the writer is trying to confuse the viewers so we can be more excited for the next episodes to come but the title is what really helps us to see WHO will be the MAIN LEAD.

We all know that when Boyoung likes someone, she sends poems to the guy. There's two variations of the drama title and it's, "A Poem a Day" and "You Who Forgot Poetry" 
We also know the fact that Boyoung sent poetry both to MH + Dr Ye and they're both broken in their own ways.

Although Minho also has a broken backstory, Dr. Ye is the true broken one who has lost his sense of living his best life as the title states, "You Who Forgot Poetry" Poetry is kind of like a "life" and it teaches us lots of things in life and it can us get past the pain and sorrow.

Dr. Ye isn't very much in touch with his emotions and expressions and he also doesn't cry much as stated when he went on a 'date' to the poetry museum with Boyoung + Minho.

After Boyoung started liking Dr. Ye, she obviously sent Dr. Ye poems every day thus the title states, "A Poem A Day"

Dr. Ye started regaining his "life" back because he is showing different sides of him we never saw in the previous episodes and we know that this is kind of shocking because he is someone who is hard to open up.

1.) Dr Ye started getting jealous slowly

Two of the many examples:

- Hearing Doctor Kim ask Boyoung about Minho in the elevator- You can see it in his eyes.

- As well as getting revenge for Boyoung when Minho revealed that Boyoung liked him in the past and mentioned embarrassing stuff that she did for him)

2.) Dr. Ye took care of Boyoung in many different ways.

- Told her to take care of her body when she was exhausted/tired.
- Told her he was bothered when Boyoung avoided him.
- He usually doesn't take care of people but Boyoung is a exception.

3.) Dr. Ye smiled when he saw the child eating cotton candy after going on a 'date' with Boyoung and buying her cotton candy.

4.) Has had loving flashbacks of the first time when they met after he rejected Boyoung

5.) You can see it all in his eyes that he loves her

Basically Dr. Ye is now regaining his life and emotions back through Boyoung's love and poetry and that pretty much sums up the title, "You Who Forgot Poetry." <333

We will all see how this will unfold next week but I am sure at this point that Dr. Ye is the main lead. The writer just loves to confuse viewers haha! There's lots of episodes left but we can see it in the preview that he doesn't like the patient Boyoung was supposed to take care of flirting with her and takes over her job. As well as the confession coming soon when Dr. Ye says he wants to meet up with Boyoung and talk with her because he has something to *SAY!!

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7
  • LOL 2