Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

@bella1025  i have noticed that too , so  my guess is may be BY avoiding him or something that he can't bear with it and wanted to talk to her . If the patient was Dr Ye's previous patient,  probably the patient has got some issue before? we will find out next week.

• Like 4

소년의 but they used this word. Even the Korean dictonary says it is used for a juvenile. But why would the writer use this word for Ha Suk Jin? Since he clearly stated his name in the preview.

@stroppyse my guess could be wrong as I tend to just refer to the dictionary when I am lost. And don't actually know the common use for a lot of words.

If it was an adult they would use the word patient right? Not a male or female patient. As I watch so many dramas and they usually don't specify if it is an adult male patient or female unless they were making a point.

Anyway I am enjoying this drama. And couldn't care less to ship whichever guy.  It is not really relevant to me at this point unless one  guy is clearly ahead. Minho if he is the 2nd lead will have to see BY and Ye together first before he confesses. Since traditionally the 2nd lead always gets their timing wrong.

I am off to finish ep 3 and 4 for the Naked Fireman. I will say this guys. I prefer LJH playing Ye Jae Wook. A nice educated decent guy. Rather than the one in the drama I am watching now. Or the previous one FoS. He is a good actor. But I so much prefer watching him in a role where he plays a decent guy. And looking at his previous roles I can happily skip almost all his previous roles. Since they are so not my taste. So I must like LJH only because he plays Ye JW here.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

7 minutes ago, jellybing2009 said:

@bella1025  i have noticed that too , so  my guess is may be BY avoiding him or something that he can't bear with it and wanted to talk to her . If the patient was Dr Ye's previous patient,  probably the patient has got some issue before? we will find out next week.

I honestly want it to be HSJ. I'm trying to find any other cameo or casting news but TVN's too stingy with details. I only confirmed that this has 16 episodes because the next drama on the same timeslot lineup will premiere by May 21st. 

• Like 2

I like the scenes when MH and BY are together, and when MH is serious and honest.

They look completely natural.

But, looks like its too late for the two of them.

• Like 2

i re watch the preview again ..  i think the scene where HSJ and the scene where BY went in is a different room.  and according to the text preview , thats how explained BY shock face  , mayb the patient refuse to get treatment etc.

I suspect the two scene not related to each other haha ..

• Like 1

Thanks for the BTS for the dream sequences of the "confession" and "la la land" inspired dance scene.

I liked how Lee Yoo Bi was singing "Be Mine" a little while waiting to film the scene. They were both cute interacting and how the actor was a bit "shy" having to do those grandiose confession scene from JW to BY even if it is her vivid imagination.

JW looked so handsome tinkering at the piano practicing and then later diligently rehearsing his dance moves. The look of relief on their faces when they were done with the dance sequence. BTW NW looked handsome in his suit but too bad he was not shown wearing it (I cannot recall). He always wears his alligator polo that he is afraid that falls off (now that it fell off ---as someone mentioned before he has to change his wardrobe).

Even the club scenes when MH is obssessed with Lee Yoo Bi (Loved the meta she is using her real name here) and then she is upset when she finds out MH likes her due to her looks to BY . But he doesn't ingratiate her more when he spouts out accidentally BY. LOL.

Also @stroppyse I appreciate all the work you do. Do what you can as you are SOOOOO busy I cannot believe you do it!  Any translations you are able to do it is always appreciated by moi. Your versions of the poems have more depth of feeling/ so lovely and I agree the version that i have watched subbed (lacks the oomph and finesse your translations bring to the poems). But any you can do, is appreciated. Hwaiting!

• Like 9

@screwdila did this come up in any episodes yet? or was it the teaser (since BY looks so happy here ^^ )? it's always nice to see bts pictures :) thanks for sharing this! ^^

• Like 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfC8jDVr8E_wdoZdSQzOVimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpn3iSMV3GSBBeRoNezZvimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvx9Qob07_3Dq4bI_DDVY

Watching BY is such an emotional and exciting journey even when you're not focused on the story itself.  Lee Yu Bi embraces this character so well.  That you never have to wonder what or how she is feeling for her endless expressions light up the screen.  Each one so telling it's as if her heart is speaking before he mind has time to filter it.  Not unlike a child's heart and mind that is pure, honest, straight forward and speaks freely and willingly...

Her love and confessions come as no surprise because she is so unlike most of us never holds back or lacks courage in following her heart.  No matter if it's her work, love life or even friendship she is sentimental in all the right ways even when the end results often leave her in heartbreak & pain...

Her character has taken my heart prisoner and I plan to stay.

Because watching BY is even better than listening to A Poem A Day...:heart:

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQMqkYytbbzj5ZNg3vUU3fullsizephoto951780.jpg30602748_163423731014318_222165537955984hqdefault.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlPpdmWfL8pF4A_xpaIzu690453262_1280x720.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjFdZ7JtgVnle7W_jJoXnimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdPjGQ4UvqYbCnwweWiNW4ff5c950-fdfc-4928-ad5d-8187ddb05b43.PNG

As the preview for the next episode, my take is that something happens that BY sees JW in a different, unflattering light. But seems enough for her to be surprised and probably might be time to get over JW. Of course, when she says this to MH, he is thinking this is his chance . Timing for confessions/relationships is important. Maybe he uses the poem as a source of inspiration or try to get better in with BY.

I am excited about Ha Suk Jin's cameo but I am thinking based on what others have written. He is being treated by YJ and he hits on her (as the Dubai chaebol) did with her but he is able do it directly without a translator. I doubt he will have anything much to do with our OTP. Still it will be good to see him be flirty and shirtless. (Heheheheee no matter how brief or long his cameo will be in the drama).

The preview alludes that JW will say something urgent to BY. Will he confess? Will he acknowledge the pain/missing BY in his heart and listen to his colleague (that professor) and grab the bull by the horns and not let the woman who broke through his high walls and barriers to unfreeze his frozen heart after his last relationship?! BY was chipping away and he was enjoying her warmth, smiles, company. He always treated BY differently and EVERYONE noted it from the get go. So when he said you are a treasured colleague that is true. But he was forcing himself to not repeat the mistake of dating a colleague. But the heart doesn't always follow our brains as he is finding out.

After watching last night subbed ep 10, I LOVED how he was miserable and saying why does his heart hurt so? He thought he was making the right decision. But coupled with BY telling him to NOT be nice, not pay her attention this would take away any friendly interaction as she wants to overcome liking him. I liked how she said, my liking you compared those who have been in love for many years is nothing. I can survive. (She survived getting over MH.) Though she is having a hard time, she is trying. Bless her sweet heart worrying having him see her suffer she tried to hide it from JW . Only to hear from MC that she is constantly crying. He things about the loss of the FT Job opportunity but JW believed it. But he did add when talking to BY, he did not help matters by adding to her pain/suffering. BY ever so kind, well if you are going to reject me, timing is never good. (Just sucked real bad for her that night and for her to still be considerate. So when she was accusing herself she was so selfish to push her confession onto JW. I agreed with MH, she is not selfish. Interesting and honest finally MH admitted to himself he was selfish being happy to hear of her rejection. Though he was trying to take the high road, it as all a facade.)

Again the timing, but if in this drama world I am pretty sure our OTP will sail. MH will be sad but he is growing to be a good man for the person who will truly learn to love and treasure. He hasn't been shown  much love and consideration and I am glad he is growing to be less of a jerk/mean.

I love our JW, but I am glad he is being pushed and made to suffer. Our poor BY should not be suffering alone. DEF as he seems urgent in the preview to see her ---he is totally missing her. Come on, she is the happy virus of the workplace. To have her light, energy and smiles change to just professional impersonal bows of acknowledgement/hello and nothing beyond the needed work discussion (you betcha JW will miss her !!!!!) I cannot wait to see more angst on his part.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@USAFarmgirl I totally agree! I love her for HER! Even when she decided to hide her pain initially after talking to JW and telling her to ignore her and not be so caring she decided to be more HONEST moving forward. You go GIRL! Plus I love your commentary and thoughts. Glad to see you here!  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I love Lee Yoo Bi as our BY. She has the right innocence, quirky, klutzy, but also warmth and her voice is sweet and kind. She is the epitome of BY and I love the drama as well due to her and the handsome JW. Not going to lie about the eye candy but, this slice of life drama is making me smile through this cold and rainy spring here in Boston.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

@screwdila did this come up in any episodes yet? or was it the teaser (since BY looks so happy here ^^ )? it's always nice to see bts pictures :) thanks for sharing this! ^^

I think its from the upcoming episodes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jinki21 said:

I'm really sorry for YJW - WBY shipper. 

But I cant deny myself for shipping SMH - WBY.

After 10 episodes, my instinct still says that they will end up together. When BY fell for JW, it was all her own. I mean JW was not intentionally making her fall, he was just naturally kind and nice to her which are pretty good reasons to fall for someone but I kinda like the idea of a girl actually falling because someone the guy made an effort to woo her and make her fall. I can see MH slowly turning into such a man.  Caring for her and just being there to cheer her up.  Also, BY and MH working closely together would help a lot in having BY see how far MH will mature. Coincidentally, I feel the situation had been alluded witn MH berating his friends for making BY fall into the sea which the 2 boys say BY fell on her own...

Also there is a quote from Meteor Garden(my favorite drama ever) that goes like "dreams and love aren't the same after all. Dreams are beautiful, love is the real thing." For some reason, all of BY's imaginations makes me think she has placed JW in a fantasy kind of love. There are many kinds of love and all are "real" but for me, I always believe the kind of love that gradually progressed is better. 

Anyway, either a JW-BY or MH-BY ending is fine with me. I thank the writers for creating a nice drama in a rehabilitation setting. This episode was so good for my profession to correct he constant misconception of massage equals phyical therapy.

Edited by angelleigh
  • Like 5

If there's one thing I learned about love, the opposite isnt't anger or hate but indifference. The fact that JW's actions (which based from the preview is not wanting to push a patient to get treatment if he's unwilling, while BY thinks otherwise) can still cause such great concern and disappointment from our heroine is actually encouraging to me. MH will of course see this as a way to make his move, but BY (and probably MH too?)will learn that despite JW's flaws now being out in the open for her.. it still wont be easy to just dismiss her feelings for him. 

I'm really liking how they're showcasing JW's flaws and vulnerability bit by bit. I think this is the real him that he's so afraid BY will know. She has an ideal picture of JW in her mind, that having that perfect facade of his shattered is what'll make her feelings raw and clear. How will she react (and feel about)to a not-so-perfect version of Ye? 

• Like 9

@bella1025 and @angelleigh I agree with you both. She has a very nice image of JW so she likes that about him. But there is NO perfect person and she is learning in the next episode. I like the gradual progression to love/like someone as well. it is more natural and like peeling the layers of an onion. You could be first attracted to the outer layer. But as you slowly go deeper you like that person ESPECIALLY if that person is noticing you and good to you.

I was rewatching the preview yet again. I liked that BY was expressing her displeasure and disappointment to JW. (MH cannot blame him for jumping on the bandwagon to use that situation to 100% finally get over JW hehehe). But BY has been honest with good and bad with him. She rightfully chastises him. Go girl! 

She is a gal who is braver than the average person. Plus she is free with her emotions and I love how MC and JW both acknowledged that her TEARS are an advantage. Though being in touch with your feelings you are hurt and it is painful, you are braver and living a fuller life as you are not DEAD emotionally. She is growing as therapist from each patient experience. Then she uses those experiences to grow and be a better therapist and person. Bless her heart.

Yes, I agree DB when he stood up for YJ about the difference of therapy and massage. He did look cool! (Why did he have to kill the good impression by being his normal goofy indecisiveness sending her all those restaurant recommendations LOL?) If you want a massage, go to a masseuse--good job DB. I could not believe the guardian actually thought what YJ did was massages. Yes she seems like she does massage but they are not but for treatment for the patient for their various physical conditions to heal them and improve. So go DB! 

• Like 5

I re watch the preview again,,,,,,

MH : a good time to confess my filling to her
and JW : want to meet with BY

my imagination is :
sooo in the scene JW see MH together with BY and confess to her awwwwwww :heart::heart:

• Like 1

My heart broke for the old ahjusshi hoping to reunite with wife. :bawling: I love that BY used that in order to pick her broken self up.

That bit about, realizing that whatever pain she's dealing with is nothing in comparison to what she just witnessed. That's pure BY.

And i think.. instead of decidedly ending things with JW, she actually opened another can of worms. She made him fall in love with her more when he was already knee-deep.

• Like 6

BY's poem from episode 9 when she still thought JW might like her back.

Me - Kim Yong Taek

Thinking of you,
In the Spring shower laden May, I look towards the mountain.
Oh! My breath,
Fills completely up to my chin.
Before I can swallow my breath,
Me, take all of me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5