[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

Just saw this on youtube. Don't know if it's correct though.

Translation:

Ha Suk Jin (cameo): Nice to meet you, I'm Ha Suk Jin. Please take good care of me.
SJ: The doctor in charge of me sure is a beauty
SJ: Do you have a boyfriend?
Dr Ye: Excuse me
Dr Ye: What are you doing right now? (to BY)
BY: Instead of that Dr Ye what are you doing right now? (something probably happened)
MH: Take this chance to resolve your feelings (to BY)
MH: A good timing to confess?
Dr Ye: Dr Woo, let's meet now, I have something to say

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the angst, I'm very thankful that BY has 3 supportive friends in MH, NW and JY. I'm so protective of BY that I want to wrap her up in a cocoon and just reprimand all those people causing her to cry. Yes, especially JW. This is why I am so freakin' glaaaaaaaaaad that Ha Seok Jin will be doing a cameo next episode!!! And lookie here, got my wish!! He and his shirtless self.. LOL.. interacts with BY. What a way to heal a broken ...heart. :D Then JW's entry was just right. I cannot wait!!!! 

===================

EPISODE 10 RAW is out. Thanks to @rischassie

Part 1

Part 2

@bingewatcher thanks for the videos. Great episode. Well great episode if you want it hurting so good. The one I liked is where they had a drink together. 

And yes the translation you posted is correct. I squealed when I heard him ask to meet her. Good preview * rubbing my hands together * great preview even.

Thanks for the clips. Now I can go to sleep since I actually understand the conversations. It's only the poetry which gets me since I can only understand about 1 /2 of it. Even though I got the gist.

I especially enjoyed it when the Chief told him BY was crying. And it wasn't because of the job. I have since discovered I like a guilt stricken Ye.

@triplem you know it suddenly struck me that I don't recall if Ye knew MH liked BY. Both poems were good today. But the 1st one is better.

Guess it won't be sorted this week. But on the other hand, Ye is sort of killing me with his heartbroken eyes today. Which is saying something since I still recall his sleazeball behaviour in FoS. The actor- still don't know his name- is so good.

But seriously, did he even KNOW he liked WBY that much? Cos' he seemed to have gone from this totally cool guy to a guilt stricken  and lovesick man today. Just from lòoking at his expression.

Hello guys!

I never thought there will be a day when I log in again into soompi after my favorite show "My Golden Life" ended, but "A poem a day" had other ideas and pulled me back into the vortex of kdramas.

I'm not a poem person but the way the writer/director chose to spin it in the story makes this slice of life drama a gem. IMO, I feel every episode has a "don't jump to conclusions" theme as the base because so far (I have watched till episode 8) we assumed Dr.Park to be a slacker but he had real family problems, we connected Dr.Kim yoon to  ex wife of Dr.Kim Dae but the story turned to  be a complete 360 degree, Dr.Myung to be 'don't care' chief and Dr.Han to be a studious guy but that went left :D So everything may not appear as it is to be.

Anyway it's a 16 ep drama right? Usually by ep 9/10 we have the leads kissing, so was there  kiss in ep 9/10 ? I'm curious because I'm  Minho-BoYoung shipper <3 If Dr.Ye and Dr.Young din' kiss then we MB shippers have a slight chance(Slight because the actor playing Dr.Ye has his name before Jang Dong Yoon in wiki and Tvn's youtube clips are mostly of Dr.Ye+Dr.Young

Tonight’s preview is somewhat confusing.. especially the part when BY is talking with JW. I wonder what happened. Dr. Ye would probably come to BY and will admit his feelings for her while MH is also decided to confess his true feelings for BY.  

But yeah, todays episode was full of realization of Dr. Ye’s true feelings for BY. 

So who do you think guys is the main lead?

3 minutes ago, meandjw29 said:

Tonight’s preview is somewhat confusing.. especially the part when BY is talking with JW. I wonder what happened. Dr. Ye would probably come to BY and will admit his feelings for her while MH is also decided to confess his true feelings for BY.  

But yeah, todays episode was full of realization of Dr. Ye’s true feelings for BY. 

So who do you think guys is the main lead?

aww.. u mean Minho did nothing in this episode?

The preview felt like a race, especially the part were both JW and MH seem to want to confess to BY. BY's like ... you both rejected me so I'll be with HSJ this time around. Buhbye! LOL

On a serious note, I love love love JW finally taking action.. .after 10 episodes! XD Good luck winning her back JW. I'm still rooting for you though I wouldn't say no to a nice jealousy-induced scenario. Kekeke. 

Episode 11 is the window. JW will have to act fast or MH will have his chance. I know MH doesn't mean to because he's only aware of the fact that JW already rejected BY, but as an audience rooting for Ye, it felt like he was conspiring to do something bad. LOL I know he means well and he has feelings for BY. After these two confess, the ball will now be in BY's hands. 

Can we have HSJ ask BY out on a date? Can we have him be a patient for two episodes? Can I have his address? Please! :lol::tongue:

15 minutes ago, emsel said:

I'm not a poem person but the way the writer/director chose to spin it in the story makes this slice of life drama a gem. IMO, I feel every episode has a "don't jump to conclusions"

Exactly, @emsel! I think poetry is a special way of using language that makes us see things through a different perspective and that's also what this show is doing with us viewers. This series is showing everyday life through a poetic view. I really enjoy the balance between the comedic and the poignant scenes. 

i cant help but watched the raw today,  even without knowing what they are talking about, but i can understand their  feeling bu their acting haha..  ,  i think writer is trying to confuse us who is the lead , but today episode , more or less i think Ye Line will ship strong . Even BY with MH + friends , she is still can imagine herself with  Dr Ye ,  when u like someone so much ,  u definitely wish that everything u do right now , the one who u love will be by your side to share the happiness with him .  Dr Ye need to let BY know that he also has feeling towards her.

Can't wait for next week episode.. hope writernim don't put any more cliff hanger..

As a Yeliner, felt like we've been experiencing drought for so long what with the denial and obliviousness from JW. And HSJ's back looked like all the water I can drink.. bathe with--, I err.. see.. yes SEE.

I cannot believe we'll have to wait another week to see HSJ, and ... episode 11. I'm so thrilled that JW is finally doing something. Just no to accidents, drama. That confrontation scene in the preview was soooo emotionally-driven... I really felt BY's heart breaking and JW's plea for her attention/time. 

I have nothing much to say right now. But I want to say, Lee Joon Hyuk's voice when he narrates the poem is so :wub::wub: I'm gonna rewatch it again before sleep :phew:

Wow the fierce battle between both guys next week... I think it will be Bo Young's turn to reject both of them. Fair and square, right :tongue: (just kidding) 

Or will the time Dr. Ye confess to Bo Young is the same time Min Ho wants to confess?? :blink: Well, the second lead usually have to see the OTP being happy together. You know, that's the cruel fact in K-Drama...

25 minutes ago, jellybing2009 said:

i cant help but watched the raw today,  even without knowing what they are talking about, but i can understand their  feeling bu their acting haha..  ,  i think writer is trying to confuse us who is the lead , but today episode , more or less i think Ye Line will ship strong . Even BY with MH + friends , she is still can imagine herself with  Dr Ye ,  when u like someone so much ,  u definitely wish that everything u do right now , the one who u love will be by your side to share the happiness with him .  Dr Ye need to let BY know that he also has feeling towards her.

Can't wait for next week episode.. hope writernim don't put any more cliff hanger..

but is not it a little normal that she still thinks of JW? since she was in love with him.
But I'm still not convinced that BY will end up with JW.:blink: I hope a surprise.B)
I mean he seems distant from her, and on the other side Minho is getting closer. It would be hard for JW to have a romantic relationship with her when she is so close to Minho, both physically and mentally and yes I know she is close to the others but it does not matter.
Especially as most have already here, writers emit a confusion on which boys is the male lead (I know that the majority is for JW, he is very sexy humm, sorry lol:blush:)
This is just my analysis, I could be wrong, if there are really 16 episodes soon the end, we will fix:ph34r:

I just saw a comment on YouTube that said "I saw a comment in Naver that pointed out the one who is taking care of Ha Seok Jin and the one whom he asked about boyfriend is Dr. Kim instead of Boyoung because of the hair color :") Dr. Ye might misunderstand it and got jealous tho ㅋㅋ". And after rewatching the preview again, i found out that the hair color is brown!!

If so, the preview now makes sense. BY was accompanying Dr. Kim to Ha SukJin. and then Dr. Ye overheard Ha SukJin ask if the docter has a bf already or not. He then got mad/jealous and did something that embarrassed BY, which is why BY got mad at Dr. Ye. That's why BY was upset (I think she was saying how she originally thought that Dr. Ye was openhearted/nice? (not sure about this) -> so basically she was upset that Dr.Ye embarrassed her in public unlike how he usually is), which is when MH told BY this was the right time to commit to letting go of her feelings.  And after Dr.Ye thought the past events that happened on that day & rethink about his feelings, he decided to meet BY and confess to her? 

Well.. This is my theory based on the preview & the comment from YouTube. But for now, this is the one that makes most sense to me. I'm pretty sure that BY would try (yet fail) to forget about Dr. Ye though.. for her past love with MH, MH didn't really do anything nice to BY and instead took advantage of her. On the other hand, Dr. Ye was always unconsciously protecting & appreciating BY, which is why she fell in love with her. This is why I feel that BY's feelings for Dr. Ye isn't really infatuation anymore (after episode 5) but like/love. On the other hand, her feelings for MH was infatuation because she liked him because of his looks (nothing really substantive).

What do you all think? What's your theories for ep. 11?

@marrez1 i feel that too , BY is getting closer with MH , but to me she would not think that MH will like her at this moment, even that hug from MH was caused her feeling awkward too. So i expect no kiss scene till ep 12?  coz it is very weird for either JW + BY  or MH + BY would have a kiss scene.  On the other hand , JW definite changed from EP 1 till now after he met BY and he feels good everytime BY sent him poem.  If there is no cliff hanger on ep 12 , then we would know who is the one got to confess to BY ? haha i dislike this kind of " dont know where to head " feeling . I will be very sad if JW is not the one to be chosen..   coz i watch this drama because of him from the beginning .. i am happy so far that he got more screening time than before.. not just a " normal" second lead

@gracebkk I'm digging your scenario. Dr Ye's so self-righteous at times that he might actually make that mistake and jump to conclusions. He did say that it's not impossible for anyone to fall in love at first sight with BY but he's also a stickler for rules, so it is a possible scenario. Feelings with heaps of misunderstandings.. will often lead to confrontation. Hope your theory's right! :D 

Archived