[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

Next is girl's night out at the noraebang. (Man I want to do noraebang!)

Mainly the gals singing and posturing about int he noraebang room. One of the nurses got a text from an annoying ex bf.

BY is looking at the nurses and Dr. Kim dancing about having a grand ole time. BY talks to herself saying hmm it looks like she is ok and what was I worried about? She smiles at them.

They got 100 score for their last song. Round of drinks---cheers!

Dr. Kim is like---oh BY how long are you going to stay in your seat sitting there?! Then she grabs a piece of fruit.

One of the nurses looking her cell phone says---what is up with that  richard simmons contacting me?

The other nurse---what is going on?

The nurse who got the text (hair up in a bun) my ex bf just sent a kakaotalk to me. (Kakaotalk just in case you don't know is a popular communication web app used by Koreans for texting/voice calls and video calls) He is with another gal. (She says something else not sure. The gals all make a face of concern for her.) 

Dr. Kim ok then we should sing a song in light of this situation---let's get it.

They all say oppa's baby oppa's baby looking cutely at the screen and saying it twice then say "trash trash"

They dance some more and say "trash trash" repeated a number of times with in sync dance moves and hard techno like beat. Oppa's trash.

Not sure what "dda oi" means but they acting silly and even Dr. Kim kiddingly smacks BY's butt. One nurse does a cut your throat motion across her throat. BY holds a trash can and Dr. Kim crumples and throws trash into it. While BY makes a face.

Cut to the bathroom, BY is washing her hands grabbing the towels. Yoon Sem's prior bf ugggh so not good.

Then BY says something about Dr. Ye compared to other guys is one to date /meet (?)

Then BY looks at the towel and makes in a round shape and reminds her of their earlier time together with cotton candy and she smiles sweetly at the paper towel in a sweet daydream daze with an expression wanting to eat it. Awww cotton candy and proceeds to want to put the paper towel in her mouth.

Short haired nurse, what are you doing BY? What are you doing with the paper towel?

BY caught red handed and embarrassed BY says it's nothing. really nothing and proceeds to throw it away.

The short haired nurse just plays it off---oh you must be buzzed/drunk then. She proceeds to enter a stall.

BY looks at her reflection and she's "I must be crazy. I must be crazy."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad scene--- awww makes me sad Dr. Kim wasn't up front with her ex. She didn't give him a chance to react if she was TOTALLY honest with him and she wasn't. She really loved him and wanted to spare him the pain. But why dearie cause yourself so much pain and not being candid. GRRR. He was a handsome and nice guy to you. Awwww what we do for love but you lose out and didn't want to deny him happiness not having a baby--- so big of you but that is a HEAVY cost even when he asks you point blank. You don't want him to know that was the real reason. 

The scene starts her ex bows to her and says---Nice to meet you (first time meeting someone new). Dr. Kim looks convoluted and wants to say something as it is might awkward. But she looks over at his happy very pregnant wife. BY sees them and looks pensive.

Cut to outside of the hospital and she walks out with him following her.

Dr. Kim---oh so you got remarried. I didn't hear about it.

Ex---oh yes I did. I am sorry to create this situation. My wife was in this situation (accident not sure) and this was the closest hospital. So we are able to see each other again as a result. But you had told me before you never wanted to see me again.

Dr Kim smiles and says it's not a problem. It's a relief, you look/appear to be so happy. Your wife seems like a good person.

Ex-Yes. Lately, you don't have a person you are seeing then?

Dr Kim---yeah (Not meeting anyone right now) Not yet.

Ex--We broke up already for three years. YJ you also should hurry and meet a good person as well. 

Dr Kim ---Yes, I should. Oh, I should get going and head back.

Ex-YJ are you able to tell me the reason? At that time why did you break up with me...

Dr Kim--shocked--what?

Ex- At that time we didn't fight or have conflicts (?) I thought we were living well together. So when  you suddenly broke to me you wanted to divorce. I was very confused and out of sorts. But now I know the real reason behind your wanting to divorce/break up.

Dr. Kim--let's out a sigh/breathe and smiles. I already told you before. It was just I did not want to live with you anymore. It's I just had a change of heart.

Ex-- Is really true, is it really the whole story/reason?

Dr. Kim--yes this is it.

Ex is receiving a call from his wife.

Dr. Kim---see you should go back, your wife is looking for you.

Cute scene of JW smiling---I love his smile.

Dr Yang is noticing JW is smiling. He is curious and I love he is looking at the little patient eating the cotton candy. (I wonder as I have not seen the episode -it is from BY after their lunch date?) That cute smile on JW---love it!

Dr Yang is wondering what is good thing ia happen to prompt a smile. True to form, JW doesn't answer him and says---patient just arrived.

Then Dr Yang talks to himself (I did not get all of it.) But as usual I am thinking he is misconstruing the situation as usual.

Next MH and NW are walking together in out of their lab coats. MH is talking to himself--what the heck was that all about.

NW then runs over and holds MH. (??? Not sure what he said)

MH annoyed lets go and say seriously gosh. Grabs NW collar, how many times do I have to tell you I don't like BY.

NW does his usual hey don't grab my crocodile (how many times) LOL it's going to fall off

MH this won't do. Tonight let's go clubbing and it's on me.

YJ comes out--aren't you heading home? and they invite him to go clubbing to meet pretty girls.

Club scene

JY and NW are talking. NW finds out that JY was clubbing recently. (He is surprised)

Hot gal comes by and asks if she can sit down.

Both rush you can. She decides to sit next to NW.

How old are you? NW answers his age and she says---oh we are the same age. Do you have a gf?

JY answers he doesn't have a gf but mentions he cannot have one due to 10 yrs ago his family situation went bankrupt. Look at his clothes and says something.

Gal says something (not sure). NW not happy with JY. She says---wow your life sounds like a movie story.

NW (not taking it lying down) says something about JY to fight back but not sure exactly.

(They are so caught up in it the pretty hot chick walks away without them noticing)

One part NW--you don't have friends...etc

JY 0h there is no more gal.

NW throws snacks at JY---it is all because of YOU!

JY-NO it is because of YOU!

JY sight MH dancing with BY doppelganger. Isn't that chick BY?!

NW what? Sees the two from afar dancing and just clink their beer bottles.

JY says---you said your name is Lee Yoobi (I love that they use the actress' real name here BLAHAHA HA)

NW-it isn't BY right?

MH annoyed---why you are saying BY's name now.

NW---well she looks so alike to BY.

LYB---Who is BY?

NW--there is someone. Rejected by MH, gave him poems and  etc while she liked him etc

LYB---hmmm oh? Then she makes expression and puts her fingers to her nose and looks down.

JY ---makes a face (OMG so like BY)

NW---not only her face looks like BY but her gestures too (OMG) BY also likes to cry too

LYB--(pretending to hold back her tears---noooooo)

NW--like if you are rejected you are sad and likes this before you cry right?

LYB- Looks back up---nope that is NOT it.What you oppa's stories (Not sure what she said) her reaction to it.

MH smiles.He says something (not sure)

LYB--clinks bottles . Oh so this oppa has fallen for me? Ah I don't know. Let's have some drinks (liquor and beer together?)

MH and LYB --call. (Le'ts do it.)

NW and JY say soomething about LYB not sure about her way of saying words.

JW was "hard" on MH to get revenge on BY. I like it even more because he didn't like how he react. It make me think that he got feeling for BY, don't fully realised it yet and unlike MH, he doesn't want to be mean to other.

He is the opposite of MH. You got MH who when he didn't know he liked her was mean to her but him is nice.

I think the endgame should be JW and BY with MH helping JW realising/not fearing his feeling for BY with idealy that she never learn of his help. That's ways, it would trully show growth. He should be kind to her and not needing her to know.

I still believe that the ring is a fantasy or just not for her at all. Like he keep it from a friend or something like that.

BY has definitely fallen for hin as evidenced by her spacing out, almost eating 3 items in place of cotton candy, and is constantly reminded of him. JW, on the other hand, is already showing his thoughts: car scene he flashedback to MH's drunken scene, bathroom scene when he berated himself for taking revenge on MH for BY, and getting distracted by the little girl eating cotton candy!!!! I know he didnt flashed back to the date, but he smiled and we all know he's reminded of BY. 

On another note, I think that we'll be getting angsty by episode 9 or 10, after BY's confession. There's a high chance that the ring is just her wishful thinking, and there's a looming chance of heartbreak should JW (as per my suspicion) rejects her due to personal issuea that he's dealing with. We'll be having the push and pull now so hang in there tight chinggus!

tVN with another gem and choosing Poetry and Rehab Therapist as center of the drama. It is interesting that it made me slide SBS and JTBC current drama just to focus on A Poem A Day :tongue:

Lee Yoobi is so cute I just wanna hug and comfort her. So, it is justifiable that both men fall for her (although I dunno why other docs love to tease her. Maybe cuz she's a crybaby) Have decided on Yeboyoung ship, but could possibly change after episode 8 poetry, The Point of No Return; if it refers to Dr Ye :mellow:

Caught up to this drama and now on ep7. I know MH is lead guy but I’m really rooting for JW and suffering major second lead syndrome. I sympathize with Mhs background but the fact how he threw that tantrum with his parents, how he’s treated BY and overall behaved till now makes him insufferable to me. I can’t see him-or rather don’t want him-to be the one who ends up with BY. He took her for granted in the past, he’s acted all self absorbed till now thinking he was the one she liked and then all full of himself for being ‘relieved’ that she didn’t and now suddenly likes her after realizing how good she treated him. Well duh, of course you’re gonna think that now that she’s interested in someone else. I just feel like he’s such a selfish person and if there’s any right decision he could make after all the cruddy mistakes he’s made so far, it would be to support BY and JW.

@philosophie dont worry i dont think MH is the main lead. In my opinion the back story of MH and BY is one way of confusing that they will end up together but nothing is certain yet.it could be that those are the only scenes that BY shown romantic interest towards MH. Whats important is her present,she feels this now towards JW.what im worried about is JWs feelings.

The feeling of being on tenterhooks and those butterflies fluttering inside of your stomach while waiting for that important reply. I know the feeling BY, yes... I do. :wub::D And then when thay guy replies.. the internal squee hahahahha. Priceless.

I'm glad they chose Lee Yubi for the heroine. And i actually ljke the fact that she's paired off with Lee Joon Hyuk, whose romatic drama characters have never really moved me except here. He's just full of surprises. Props to Jang dong yoon as well for reminding me of those past drama heroes I used to root for. LMAO. He's really doing a great job as well because he makes me want to knock some hard sense into him real bad. Ha! 

Also, I find myself rooting for the older.. more dependable leads as I grow older. Lol. And I used to root for Yubi's character in Pinocchio to have a loveline with Lee Pilmo's! Dont judge me please! Ahahahah.. they did tease at it. Lmao. 

K-DRAMA REACTION: A POEM A DAY | EPISODE 4

Have you ever done something so regrettable because of drunkenness? Well, Bo-young (Lee Yu-bi) did. It’s been revealed that she did not only talked about the Ye Line in front of Dr. Ye Jae-wook (Lee Joon-hyuk) himself but she also unabashedly told him he like him and sent him poems via text. Hah.

picsart_04-18-05-42-40.png?w=840

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/04/18/k-drama-reaction-a-poem-a-day-episode-4/

Hello everyone! It is Wednesday morning here and another week to wait for the next 2 episodes. Sorry I couldn't translate all the TVN clips. I was lucky to do the few I could do. Due to our annual federal tax deadline I had to stay late at work. TT Glad it is OVER now!

As mentioned by others and myself, I am Ye line. BUT I want our lovely BY happy. As @stroppyse  mentioned, it is refreshing to have the "mystery lifted and get more of what he thinks. He is NOT immune to BY. He usually is not in touch with his inner emotions and as for the former ostracism from his colleagues taking the side of the patient, plus being double crossed by your gf to cheat on  you with the doctor in  your court case, I can see why his heart CHILLED. He is a principled man who is fair and just. But as we saw in last episode, jealousy even makes the most fair person a bit petty and he was a little childish (for him) making MH say out loud his POOR 1.8 GPA. Emphasizing the fact this was info he did not want shared (MH), but JW was doing that for BY's revenge. LOL. His advising himself at the mirror in the bathroom was hilarious. He knew he was wrong, so it shows he even doesn't let HIMSELF go from getting advice. The touch where the cleaning lady made him move so she could wipe the mirror was hilarious.

MH was horrible. He forgot what he did and later tried to play it off that he was unsteady. Plus he was saying not to date JW was for her own good. So GOOD for BY to stand up and saying to him she will HANDLE her life rejection and heartbreak her way. He doesn't need to be that supposedly 'caring" friend when in fact we know he has always been petty and doing mean things. Plus don't forget he was doing his darnedest to put BY in a horrible unattractive light constantly but failed each time miserably. The straw hit the camel's back when drunk he had to spout out how he rejected her and shared what she does when she has a crush. 

MH cannot even take a dose of his own medicine. JEEZ it is always harder. You can dish it but you cannot take it. Gosh even if he was in denial about liking BY but like a gal who is her exact doppelganger at the club was a bit much. Then trying to say no it is not the case and then spouting out BY (you deserved to be rejected in the end). Cute seeing Lee Yoobi the actress act using her real name even though her character was a bit more wilder than her BY lookalike counterpart. Then when the boys pushed him, he couldn't deny it anymore. I mean seriously JY and NW saw him being rejected the night before (after BY and MH had dinner with JW). So MH cannot really handle his liquor and blacks out. YIKES  he is a bad drunk and it is true they say the truth comes out when you are drunk. I cannot believe he tried to toss it off he didn't like her and was only doing it for her own good warning her off JW. But he was horrid to say ALL the things she did not want him to know to JW. (But as we know, just his childish and immature ways is opening up JW's eyes. Everything about BY

JW is DEFINITELY caring and sensitive to BY and it is out in full force this episode. (But as others have said, the ring he give her and saying he likes her in the preview def smells of BY's overactive imagination. Yes he is starting to like her or realizing he has good feelings for her, but DEF not to the level of love yet. He is still recovering from heartbreak and being the outsider (skills, good specs aside that did not help him at all) people are petty. The fact he was willing to share with her, he wanted to take her to lunch (outside of the cafeteria) was to cheer her up.He saw she was upset and did not like she was not feeling upset. He knew she was a sensitive person. Also the fact he added he also went through it and wanted to extend some empathy to her was sweet. She admitted it was not about the hospital colleagues (that was his situation) but more of that she didn't want the person she likes to hear of it. To think she easily likes people like that when she doesn't. The panicked look on her face when JW asked innocently, Oh you like someone? She had to change it to ---if it there was someone I like. (So it seems, JW takes things literally and doesn't overthink too much which I can appreciate it. We women over think EVERYTHING gesture and thing. He really thought her looking at him was due to her interest in the sling therapy he specializes in. But seriously how can he miss the HEARTS shooting out of her eyes? Lol) But the disclosure from MH is making him realize ---wait she is doing the same to me. But the fact she was fearful the person who she likes hears of her past, I loved how he said. My advice, don't worry that future person you like will look positively on your past. (SWOON and YESH he is right.)

I loved his small smiles here and there whenever his thoughts went to BY. (The cutest was when he was staring at the little girl eating the cotton candy. YUP he totally was thinking of BY. As well as our cutie BY was thinking of cotton candy with the cotton puff and later paper towel due to her giddiness recalling hanging out on her "lunch cheer up date" with JW.) The fact he has a smidgeon and showing his happiness and joy around our lovely BY is priceless. We ALL need joy and smiles in our lives. He even got her the cotton candy when she never saw cotton candy looking that adorable. Just strolling around looking cute and eating cotton candy---I am still squeeing thinking of it.

Later when he sees the USB in his car, originally JW was going to give it to her the next day. But instead called her to drop it off and go for a walk. (But something came up and he had to cancel I wonder if it is a funeral of a sunbae/mentor from the prior hospital). We know he would not go willingly to see his ex gf plus both were dressed in black so I feel confident he went to funeral/wake at the end of the episode.

Or his advice to Dr. Kim and BY in the elevator to be quieter in public places, I think he was trying to help out BY. She was oversensitive and did not want to talk about MH in front of JW. Plus Dr Kim misconstruing her rejection to thinking she wanting MH was a bit annoying. But BY could have done better just saying---let's not talk now how about later and it is not like that. But I guess after being embarrassed and having your CRUSH hear your BIG rejection from MH, I can see her wanting to die and run for cover. But Dr. Kim was a bit overboard with her petty reactions. Later filling the schedule making it unbalanced and not willing to take some patients to let BY review for a conference. Also using the language of no more "unni" to you. Even though we live together, you got to show respect to your sunbaes. (Luckily it passed quickly when BY cried seeing her with her ex hubby. Also she was aware she was wrong and oversensitive. It was true Dr. Kim was nosy and got it wrong, her heart was not in the wrong place. She wanted to help BY just she did not realize she was NOT helping BY.

Have already said in my previous post that i am no Kdrama guru but i thought there is such a thing as a 2nd lead syndrome? I thought the more likeable and dreamlike a guy is, could actually mean a stronger possibility of him being the 2nd lead? Dr Ye to me seem to fit this description. He is definitely a better man than MH.

Although i have to say i dont like how Dr Ye embarassed MH in front of the other people in the clinic. I know he was trying to make a point but MH is a trainee, and Dr Ye is the one who holds power. To call out an intern that way is something I have never done, will never do and will never tolerate from my collegues. I dont approve of MH's drunken act of embarassing BY but in the very least, he has alcohol as an excuse. Dr Ye's excuse could be jealousy but what he did is outright powertiping and unethical.

As for Dr. Kim, I mentioned before, though her past was sad. I tend to agree with others she brought it onto herself. Being a functional adult I would assume your communications are important with your partner in life. I felt bad for the ex hubby as he seems like a good person. The take away the decision for HIM to not let him know why you want to break up. I agree it is was sudden and NO apparent reason. It was not like they argued, had a chilly wall or had lack of love. It was lack of respect and communication on her part to him. Even after 3 years and he is with a loving wife, he still wanted to know the reason. (I cannot blame him. He wants honest disclosure to have closure with her. Though she broke up with him, he still wanted her to find a good person and be happy. Despite it all he is caring of her and he even apologized for having her see him when she explicitly said she NEVER wanted to see his face again.) Man she was harsh.

She still loves him and won't get over him. I cannot blame her as she was madly in love the both of them were together.The scene of them together was lovely and talking about their future child. There are miracle babies and other ways. Granted adoption is not popular option in Korea it seems or surrogates /invitro etc.  BUT her actions make me think she is selfish. You are not acting SELFLESS even though he wants kids, who are you to judge if he will leave you if you cannot have kids? You didn't try. You could think you are saving him pain and suffering if you try to have kids and unsuccessfully but that is a struggle/journey and choice HE should make not for you to make for him.

Granted he looks happy and amazed and cherishes his current wife, but he should have had the choice and should have known. Instead she rather cut it off and suffer alone

Even the interns couldn't help but notice how handsome her ex (not knowing he was Dr. Kim's ex hubby).  Wow rare combo handsome and a great guy . Yeah to still be mindful of Dr Kim's feelings and still want to know the reason. Awww. Breaks my heart.

I met someone who was older than her much younger bf. When they met she could not have children and she learned of his desire to have children. She broke up with him even though he was heart broken.  Later he met someone and they now are happy with 3 kids. I know a close friends who doesn't want kids. When got married to her ex she was 50/50 about kids. As she got older she didn't want them. She divorced her ex to let him re-marry. He never did.  But both situations the women were hurt and the men too but they were upfront of their situation.

1 minute ago, angelleigh said:

Have already said in my previous post that i am no Kdrama guru but i thought there is such a thing as a 2nd lead syndrome? I thought the more likeable and dreamlike a guy is, could actually mean a stronger possibility of him being the 2nd lead? Dr Ye to me seem to fit this description. He is definitely a better man than MH.

Although i have to say i dont like how Dr Ye embarassed MH in front of the other people in the clinic. I know he was trying to make a point but MH is a trainee, and Dr Ye is the one who holds power. To call out an intern that way is something I have never done, will never do and will never tolerate from my collegues. I dont approve of MH's drunken act of embarassing BY but in the very least, he has alcohol as an excuse. Dr Ye's excuse could be jealousy but what he did is outright powertiping and unethical.

First, MH embarassed BY all the time even when not drunk and sometimes in front of JW (withthe chicken for exemple) and he keep trying to make her look bad too (when he sent him BY picture or talk about her crying).

Second, unlike MH, JW didn't like what he just did and was angry at himself and felt bad.

Third, they call MH doctor but the guy don't study and know nothing. I think he is just dangereous.

It has never been set as a rule that the "better" guy was forcibly the second lead. It's just that for a while, they take a guy with a "scar" who was mean but become better because of the girl (and generally the guy was rich and that's the reason he was mean) while having a "sensitive" guy around. Now, we got more and more first lead that are just great guy.

@angelleigh Yeah though I love JW. I agree that Dr. Ye was a bit out of line . At least, he realized he shouldn't have done it when he chastised himself in the bathroom fully knowing what he did was petty and inappropriate. So he is not PERFECT and a robot. He has feelings and he doesn't realize yet how strong his feelings are becoming towards BY. It doesn't justify his action but he is not level mean as  MH has been to BY.

Archived