[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the first 6 episodes and some video of the one from today, I realised that I want BY and JW to begin dating in tomorrow episode.

I want them to show us them dating and facing problem together more than a stupid triangle until episode 15 or something like that. It's a sice of life and the triangle begin to seriously annoy me.

I want them to show us the begining of the ship with them at first hiding and them growing as a couple more than MH realising what kind of guy he is (even if he realise that he like BY, he still don't understand that he is a jerk with her) and letting us wait that long before she chooses.

@triplem

I was just a hancinema.. didnt notice that. Thank you for posting. Although, JDY did replace Gong Myung as one of the cast. 

Man, TVN is really stingy with spoilers. LOL

On MH sending those embarrassing pics. Wow. that really backfired on his behind. He's playing dirty and I dont find it cute at all. It's like he wants her to be unlikable enough to JW.. so that she'll continue to be miserable and go back to paying attention to him alone. What a selfish brat! 

I absolutely love BY's cutesy way of telling JW off about the pictures. You can just tell how she went from embarrassed to joyous in that scene. lol

@stroppyse Thanks for clarifying. I did think it was probably one-sided since it was pointed towards JW only. But you're right. there's a good chance that the chart's just there to provide the initial relationship since the writer probably wanted to have the OTP remain ambiguous until after the first half of the drama. 

I'm so miffed at MH. He embodies such an exasperating character, but props to the actor if that's really his characterization because he's doing a fine job at it. Goodness.  After spending the whole day mocking BY and letting her lose face in front of someone she really likes, he then has the gall to forcibly hug her. Is this in an effort to let his feelings be known? He's doing a rather sucky job at it imo. Tch. And is the audience still supposed to blame his upbringing for him acting like an unrepentant jerk to her, and to suddenly swoon that he has let his jealousy known?  I hope to h3sll BY pushes his sorry behind away from her person, but she probably won't since she's a softie. Sigh.   

The only saving grace is the preview. I hope we get some good Ye Line scenes tomorrow night. :)

I would like to add that while I find myself cheering for Ye Line, I actually find myself enjoying the ride, even getting exasperated with MH. After 7 episodes, he has grown on me. While I don't wish for BY to end up with him, I do wish that he'd find maturity and his passion when the drama ends. Every character must meet some sort of personal resolution in the end. JW is slowly coming out of his shell .. and is not as cynical (at least towards BY) as before, while BY is finally realizing how valuable she is especially to those who sees her for who she truly is outside the clumsy and foot-in-your-mouth (albeit cute) demeanor. NW has to eventually let go of his glorious lifestyle in the past and face what he has now etc.

I actually foresee JW initially rejecting BY first, because having them get together at episode 8 will probably bore me. There's just enough cute I can take. LOL And I find that I love the chase more than the aegyo relationship scenes, in the dramas. HA! There has to be the push & pull scenes between JW & BY and I have to admit that having MH thwart them at every turn does serve its purpose. It makes them more aware of each other's feelings even if they aren't fully aware of it themselves. And ironically, MH sees that more than these two. LOL  

JW seems to find evrything about bo young good.  It is only with her that he displays different emotions. I also find it cute that no matter how others humiliate bo young he still sees her in a positive way..im not sure thougn if he is aware of his own reactions...i truly hope they'll end up together.

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I love that JW appreciates BY's qualities, even finding her clumsiness cute rather than something to make fun of, understanding that the tears that come too often to her is an indication of empathy rather than of weakness, and perhaps recognizing her poet's soul in the pragmatic garb of a physical therapist.

3 minutes ago, sophielleann said:

JW seems to find evrything about bo young good.  It is only with her that he displays different emotions. I also find it cute that no matter how others humiliate bo young he still sees her in a positive way..im not sure thougn if he is aware of his own reactions...i truly hope they'll end up together.

The look at the end of the episode when he leave her with MH alone. It give me hope.

@stroppyse I agree. The younger actor can be the male lead. However cynical me says it is usually if they are more "popular". SJR is more experienced but not as popular. In the mass audience sense. Since I have seen how fervently some of his (SJR) fans are, this is nothing to do with his talent or looks. I am talking about how the writer, tv station wants the ratings.

Re the relationship chart- bugger- only a crush? No wonder there is confusion. I am enjoying this drama quite a bit. And the actor playing MH one of my favourites in School 2017; so enjoy seeing him. Not so much the * deny to the max * denials re his feelings. I would take that over having a richard simmons 2nd female lead around. So its ok.

My biggest dilemma this morning is NOT watching ep 7 till ep 8 has aired. I quite enjoyed watching episode after episode. Rather than the torture of one episode 2 times a week. So going back to My Husband Oh Jak Doo ep 7 now. I have purposely held off watching all these dramas till a few episodes have passed. So I can watch it in one hit to see if the story flow is good... for me to continue with the series. So far have been pretty happy with these 2. There was another- Shall we live together- which has been a huge disappointment. 2 of my favourite actors are there too. So if anyone has any easy to watch drama- which has several episodes banked up- please recommend. I usually have 4 to 5 dramas weekly to watch. Currently I am down to 2.

Gosh it's hard trying NOT to watch ep 7. Since I like Ye and BY here. 

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

However, I definitely do not want him to be with BY. He has a bit of a mean steak to him, and he's old enough to take responsibility for his actions. The fact that he doesn't, and just acts out all the time is another sign of his willful immaturity.

What if this drama is a story of his healing from being an obnoxious person to becoming a better version of himself? hahaha 

I don't have time to write a review of the poems because of real-life priorities and bc I don't find the translations satisfactory. But what I can say as a general comment is that this "healing drama" introduces the viewers to poetry therapy. The poem in Ep. 1 showcases the language of clinical empathy. The most emphatic doctor in the hospital becomes a patient herself needing of encouragement, reminding us not only of the transformative power of relatable poems but of the nature of medical professionals as vulnerable humans. 

One of my many favorite scenes in episode 7.

BY: I have no idea what made me think that someone could fall for me at first sight. (See how BY berates herself here. This is due to the mocking that she has endured every time she's teased, or in MH's case, berated.)

JW: Why? When I heard that, I believed it. I didn't question it one bit. Because... YOU'RE AN ATTRACTIVE PERSON IN ANYONE'S EYES.  (And then JW lifts her spirits up.)

I'm now kinda enjoying the fact that we haven't heard JW's thoughts, and have only ever heard what he says. I'm curious than ever to find out if what he really thinks translates accurately to what he says, or if he's holding back. Kekekeke. 

<3 these two together. Hope someone can make GIFs out of their scenes. :D

Also, can anyone agree with me that JW is well aware that BY like likes him? Right?! There's just no way a guy can't tell from how BY fawns over him, and is vocal about not wanting to lose face in front of him. LOL

OMG I'm watching it scene by scene now so forgive me if I'm posting too much. When Dr. Ye scolded the chief about setting up therapists with patients, I don't think it was about Dr. Kim. I think that was about BY. He did just talked to her and comforted her. And then remember how MH told BY that JW isn't interested in her because he didn't even reacted or protested when the chief urged BY to date the Dubai guy? Well, how you like 'em apples, MH? :))

After drunkenly spilling all BY's secrets, we go from forcibly hugging her to this

Capture.jpg

Good thing BY reacted the way I wanted her to. Hope the preview's accurate in this case, because she didn't seem moved by MH's drunken gesture. And then we go to this.

Capture2.jpg

And then he smiles...

Capture3.jpg

And reassures her... ^^

Spoiler

Capture4.jpg

Here's to you MH. 

Spoiler

Capture5.jpg

14 minutes ago, sophielleann said:

@bella1025 thanks for your posts,i dont find it annoying actually im happy with your posts...i truly hope that the previews will not deceive our hearts and that JW and BY are going on a "date":blush:

Thanks. :blush: I initally though that we'd have alot of MH-BY scenes in episode 7, so I was pleasantly surprised to see some solid progress in the Ye Line. I hope the writer doesn't make BY into someone who's a glutton for punishment by dating MH. No amount of pity party should ever allow anyone to be that mean to a person. TBPH I"m a little worried that they may use that to sway BY into "understanding" MH's attitude. 

All thanks for the clips and thoughts of today’s episode. I took today off from work to volunteer for the Boston Marathon. So this forum kept me going from squealing overload!

Yesh to finally knowing what DR Ye thinks!! From smiling at BY body gag pics saying she is not ugly but cute! I loved it! Or thinking her furtive glances meant she wanted to learn sling therapy lol. Noticing BY embarrassment about Dr Yang error on the Dubai VVIP thinking BY was his crush as he said the gal has the pure big innocent eyes of a young both old camel. Then realizing it was her roomie DR Kim he retorted your eyes are the camels mom! At least he thought BY was attractive too! I dislike Dr Park. He and MH are jerky to our lovely BY. The fake crying fluttering the hands to avoid the about to come tears! Grr.

Dr Ye thanking BY for always sending lovely poems and liking them. Even comforting her saying he didn’t question the crush as she IS attractive! Our gal BY is amazing  and glad she was told to lift her head up high! Even Dr Yang realized he was in the wrong acting as a matchmaker, when Dr Ye yet advised him that he wasn’t appropriate before and should not have tried to set Dr Kim up with the VVIP.. But what was sweeter was that DR Ye after the recording session took BY to the Literature museum thinking of her and being curious enough to ask why she started to like poetry. Def cares and interested even if he doesn’t realized it yet! So thoughtful to want to do that and cheer her up.

Even when she couldn’t look at Dr Ye in the eyes, I loved how he told her to don’t be embarrassed & she is a worthy of a crush at love at first sight. Even when BY sighted Dr Ye she tried to scurry away and hide from him. But she being our clumsy BY dragged the chair with her bag strap caught by the chair leg. Totally oops and Dr Ye comes over to untangle the bag strap.

On the recording he deliberately didn’t ask her to help knowing she was busy with conference prep. But NW had a family wedding & was bummed at this missed opportunity. BY looked too ecstatic and happy smiley for MH’s jealous heart. Seriously doing shot gun, sending body gag pic, telling the filming BY smiling too much and felt no appropriate and MH ditched with her to be the patient. Thinking his tactics will show Dr Ye doesn’t see her as a woman of interest he is realizing oops Dr Ye can give compliments not only be an advice machine.

Dr Ye if he refused to face the facts before or notice BY, MH literally spelling out BY liking him he wasn’t upset or disliking it. Poor BY, but we know he will know eventually. As her memories of him when MH told her give up on DR Ye. MH did managed to do the opposite but not  if Dr Ye JW interest at all in her  but he DOES show his awareness of her.  Her recollections of her interactions with Dr Ye show otherwise - I am usually not interested in others but I find I am with you ( helping with the beds for NW and MH only due to her recommendation ). Being not happy when she was distant with him and did not ask to borrow money from him. Or due to her embarrassment about basically professing to him using poetry her affections. Plus she was the only one Dr Ye made a point of saying I look forward to working together after handing back her compliment card. Even if Dr Ye doesn’t like her, I don’t want her with immature bratty MH. The actor is great but MH character rots!

looking forward to more of Dr Ye & BY tomorrow!

The reason why Im not so worried about the flashbacks showing how BY used to like MH.. is because they're that--flashbacks. And these flashbacks were all from MH's POV. Which begs the question, does BY even want to remember her past antics towards MH and are they even worth remembering. Her expressions everytime MH brought it up shows cringing and irritation, so thay answers that. MH just cannot ger over the fact that she's over him and he doesnt have anyone to fawn over him anymore. Must suck to find youre number 1 fan no longer sniffing the air you breathe.. yet whose fault is that?

Archived