[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

11 minutes ago, bella1025 said:

MG.. I can't even tell which scenes she's imagining and which are real. XD I absolutely love them together, and I must say, JW can deny himself all he wants but he really does have eyes only for BY. 

As for MH, man.. I almost feel bad for you for assuming she's still not over you. ALMOST. You went back to jerk territory when you took a video of her humiliating herself. I really hope that doesn't get posted or worse.. go viral. I hope the writer won't go there. There's cute tsundere like ShikaTema, and then there's MH... who keeps on telling BY to keep her distance but is a constant humiliation-waiting-to-happen whenever he's around her. I don't even want him to end up with anyone in the drama's timeline. He should reflect and regret his misdeeds right at the end.  

Well, even if I hope that he look at her diferently but doesn't realise it yet, I just think that it's normal for him and there is nothing special about it.

MH hurt her again and again for his own amusement, I think she will hurt him without doing anything (seeing her crushing on JH that mutch). Maybe MH doesn't like her still but want her to like him ? I just hope that they won't make him a victim. He was a jerk and doesn't deserve her.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, yusefull said:

Well, even if I hope that he look at her diferently but doesn't realise it yet, I just think that it's normal for him and there is nothing special about it.

MH hurt her again and again for his own amusement, I think she will hurt him without doing anything (seeing her crushing on JH that mutch). Maybe MH doesn't like her still but want her to like him ? I just hope that they won't make him a victim. He was a jerk and doesn't deserve her.

I agree. 

I don't know what the back story is behind him rejecting BY in the past. And I really don't mind that he did it. It could be significant to the storyline or it could just be a classic taste of "he's just not into you but he's into using you" as per Namwoo's story, so I'll hold my judgement on it. What I really can't get over with is the numerous times he has humiliated and/or mocked BY just because her body reactions gives him a laugh. Like... dude? Richard Simmons.

If that's his way of hiding his feelings then it's really a sucky way. I'm getting Full House and Boys Over Flowers flashbacks here. When I'm already wishing the heroine to do the other person some (light?) bodily harm, then that must mean I no longer find the action cute. 

Also, you can say all you want with JW but he has never reprimanded anyone that isn't beyond hospital rules/reason. 

1 minute ago, bella1025 said:

I agree. 

I don't know what the back story is behind him rejecting BY in the past. And I really don't mind that he did it. It could be significant to the storyline or it could just be a classic taste of "he's just not into you but he's into using you" as per Namwoo's story, so I'll hold my judgement on it. What I really can't get over with is the numerous times he has humiliated and/or mocked BY just because her body reactions gives him a laugh. Like... dude? WTF.

If that's his way of hiding his feelings then it's really a sucky way. I'm giving Full House and Boys Over Flowers flashbacks here. When I'm already wishing the heroine to do the other person some (light?) bodily harm, then that must mean I no longer find the action cute. 

Also, you can say all you want with JW but he has never reprimanded anyone that isn't beyond hospital rules/reason. 

He not just mocked her or humiliated her, two time in episode 3 and 4 he did something that "hurt" her/make her fall.

I am tired too of the guy being mean to the girl and I never found it cute. Never a good reason to hurt someone. He doesn't want to be with her, that's okay but you leave her alone. He used her for years.

JW has only be profesional with other. He tell them that they must work as mutch as BY and he told YJ to focus on her job. He never scream at them or even reprimend them in front of patient.

1 hour ago, yusefull said:

I find you a little hard with minho, you really believe that BY was in love with him?:wink: I do not think so but I think she had an attraction for him, since the beginning now their relationship has always the same, he makes fun of her and she hides, I mean it's true that it's humiliating but at the same time she does not take these distances with him and do not tell me that it is because they work together:ph34r:. So please, take break, girl:rolleyes:
Well I find with JW  things are moving slowly, he starts to look at her, maybe romance around ep 9 or 10
If not globally, it's a quiet drama to follow, not the best, but at least the time passes

for the eyes, we are lucky, there are beautiful boys:D:tongue::wub:

51 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I find you a little hard with minho, you really believe that BY was in love with him?:wink: I do not think so but I think she had an attraction for him, since the beginning now their relationship has always the same, he makes fun of her and she hides, I mean it's true that it's humiliating but at the same time she does not take these distances with him and do not tell me that it is because they work together:ph34r:. So please, take break, girl:rolleyes:
Well I find with JW  things are moving slowly, he starts to look at her, maybe romance around ep 9 or 10
If not globally, it's a quiet drama to follow, not the best, but at least the time passes

for the eyes, we are lucky, there are beautiful boys:D:tongue::wub:

hi. :)

We havent seen most of the background story that ultimately resulted in that rejection, but from the flashbacks, I gathered that BY fell for him because he paid attention to her and seemed to care for her a little. One might say that she could've misinterpreted his attention and that's what led to her confession perhaps? I cant remember if she confessed or not but I do remember MH stating that he was creeped out with her poetry. I really cant tell with MH tbph, because I sometimes feel like he says these hurtful words.. and then turns it around implying that he isn't that bad just clueless, I guess? Namwoo even pointed it out to him, how he used BY's feelings in t he past and he seems oblvious to it. 

Oh and as far as their closeness is concerned, I think its because BY has been friends with both the interns since college. They do work together so hanging out is pretty normal IMO. Besides, I dont think BY bears any grudges for long.. with anyone really. She's not hateful and is the type to give chances. I still remeber her internally whining about her sunbaes but still following their instructions. One might argue that its bec of her position in the clinic.. but I dont think that's the only reason. JW sees her good working attitude. 

I would also like to mention how it bothers me whenever MH tells BY to not show her true self.  I dont really understand where that is coming from. 

I'm already expecting a slow development between JW and BY since that seems to be in-character.. and based from his experience with his ex. I cant say I blame him for getting burned. 

What I love about him though is that he may seem bitter or jaded at first glance.. yet his interactions with BY contradicts his self-inflicted rule. I think he's starting to see that he really gravitates towards BY and there's a reason behind it. 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I don't remember this, however. Do you know what scene this was when he told her not to be herself? Btw, I haven't watched today's episode yet, so maybe it was just in today's episode.

I believe he's said it earlier, but he definitely said it in ep. 4 when he fooled her and got her to the roof.  He told her not to get drunk and show her true self because it was really disgusting.  

BTW: I marathoned this over the weekend, that is the only reason I remember :)

I saw some of the clips of ep.5 it was hilarious!:D bo young's imagination is something!!!if.i were on her place i would have died at that moment...seriously the chemistry between bo young and jae wook is something...i think jae wook needs bo young more than she needs him..i hope the full ep will get subbed fast...i.like reading different opinions here it makes this forum alive and interesting...min ho's action is inexcusable,him taking a video of bo young embarassing her self is just a proof that he thinks of her as his"toy" that is why if he will find out that she likes someone else he will get jealous.and tries to get her back again

16 minutes ago, sophielleann said:

I saw some of the clips of ep.5 it was hilarious!:D bo young's imagination is something!!!if.i were on her place i would have died at that moment...seriously the chemistry between bo young and jae wook is something...i think jae wook needs bo young more than she needs him..i hope the full ep will get subbed fast...i.like reading different opinions here it makes this forum alive and interesting...min ho's action is inexcusable,him taking a video of bo young embarassing her self is just a proof that she thinks of her as her "toy" that is why if he will find out that she likes someone else he will get jealous.and tries to get her back again

I haven't seen today's episode, but to me, MH seems like the boy on the playground that pulls the pigtails of the girl he likes.  He mentioned in ep. 4 that he has no trouble seeing BY's "good side".  

However, even though I think I may understand him, he doesn't deserve BY, I want her with JW:heart:

5 hours ago, aunniek said:

I believe he's said it earlier, but he definitely said it in ep. 4 when he fooled her and got her to the roof.  He told her not to get drunk and show her true self because it was really disgusting.  

BTW: I marathoned this over the weekend, that is the only reason I remember :)

Yes, I noticed that he says this to her whenever he sees her drunk and/or does something clutzy/clumsy that winds up humiliating herself. He has the gall to warn her when often enough, he causes hern to make a fool of herself and then takes pictures of her not-so-fine-moments. What a gentleman...NOT!

tumblr_p6pe5eTNAx1venx4qo5_250.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTT_x5iBxOybE-tLAKBeL8451_0-58198200-1523052349_5-bpfbt.jpg

She Has Kindness In Her Soul...  And Grace Within Her Heart:heart:

It's easy to see and understand why BY has the attention of more than one man and who knows maybe in a small way their hearts as well.  Not to mention she is loved by her patients because they know and see that she is willing to meet their needs where ever and what ever they are.  Chasing chickens, pushing carts, or playing video cupid she will always do her best for they will never be just a number..  That's what sets her apart, makes her unique and different than the rest...

Although MH rejected BY in the past and often acts as if he is shallow and over confident in thinking he is beyond her reach.  Still when he allows himself to open his heart as well as his eyes.  He sees what he can't deny, that goodness that shines so brightly he just can't seem to forget or look away. He acts as if he isn't interested and never was but his heart in silence says something different and I think in times we will understand how come...

JW often has a robotic feel to him and his emotions which sometimes comes across opposite of his meaning and I for one don't believe the gossip about his past is fully true.  Although he has no sense of fluff it's just this feeling of what you see is what you get. Yet it's not because he doesn't care but maybe in just not knowing how to communicate his feelings like others.  He is sensitive as sees around him what most people miss and he truly tries to meet their need.  He is willing to place himself in front and protect others.  I get this feeling he is confident in his passion for his work but when it comes to his feeling or emotions.  He is somewhat like a child he couldn't even understand why he was so worried about BY ignoring him...   

Which is why I think BY is such an attraction to him you don't have to guess how she feels.  You know what she is feeling because her emotions are out there for everyone to see.  She is who she is and in a lot of ways that takes more courage in not caring and just following her heart no matter where it leads or how much it might cost her...  Her true gift is in taking the time with those she comes into contact with and noticing not just their healthcare needs but even more their heartcare needs...

I do think BY & JW share that in common in seeing the need not of the body only but of the mind and heart in treating a patient completely as a whole.  The only difference is what BY does without even thinking it's just in her nature.  She looks at people and thinks of herself and understands that listening, speaking and giving comfort through words like poetry is the best kind of bedside manors there are.  For what every patient needs more than bodily care.  Are those comforting words and gentle reminders, that they are not alone in good hands and that breath of hope that says it's going to be OK...

I love the poems and the patients stories that are the heartbeat of this drama.  Which are just lessons for our hearts in disguise....:heart:

Anyone else noticed how the paraplegic love story somewhat taught BY a lesson in not giving up? 

Upon learning about JW's back story everyone else was keen to not bring up his past.. even Dr. Kim advised BY against hoping.

When BY encountered the patient's bf... on the fire exit staircase... she was thinking a long the lines of the-bf-should-understand-the-gf's-struggle and leave her alone. And she did advise him later on about it.. citing that its not good to cause the patient undue distress--until the bf informed her that Jinah is just being noble because she doesnt want to burden her bf.

Now flashback to the staircase scene... JWs backstory being revealed.. which inadvertedly caused BY to behave around JW. She felt, like the others, that JW drew the line when she mentioned not wanting to date anyone from the hospital.

Now, return back to the flashmob proposal.. and BY learned a very good lesson. She learned that those who have struggles don't necessarily mean it when they seem to want to shut everyone else--like JW. She then decided to give her heart.. without knowing whether it'd be reciprocated. She gave her heart through a poem, and was thoughtful enough to ask if what she's doing is burdensome to him. And when he said that it wasnt... you can actually feel her heart floating in midair. ♡♡♡

Just a quick drop by and thanks for humoring me, I had to spazz a little. Tax season and a bit busy here for me.

OMG love this drama and love seeing faces I have not seen in awhile as I have not been in the forums in ages. Thanks for the commentary, opinions and thoughts. i love the thoughtful nature of BY and her care, thoughtfulness and willingness to learn through her experiences. Living with your heart on your sleeve is tough, but I LOVE LOVE JW noticing her. I loved that he is attuned to her moods, avoiding him, and even caring for her ankle. He is a fair person and when the unfair rumors were squashed by the interns, it was good to know. Though he is drawing the line with everyone at the hospital due to his past experience, it is understandable. But BY is just too sweet, hard working and caring it is HARD to ignore her goodness and personality. MH is learning it now and opening his eyes. He doesn't DEFINITELY not deserve her. I get that boys tease the gals they like. He is just plain MEAN tripping her and deliberately videotaping her etc. Then he turns around gives her rides, covers her with his jacket. So yeah he is slowly realizing he might like her but won't admit it. They look of realization that she is NOT into him but Dr. Ye (though reading her personal text was WRONG) was awesome!

End of spazz.

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

Yes. I noticed that. It’s a hint for us too. 

What JW has now is trust issues in a sense that he is not willing to open up to anyone at work given his past betrayal. But BY being the caring & sensitive soul that she is will be able to help him open up

Lovely post @USAFarmgirl

BTS of BY - JW scenes

He smile so mutch in the preview that it's amazing.

I don't understand korean but in a video of today episode, it seem as if MH after remembering how many things BY did for his birthdays and apparently nobody in his family did decide to accept her love but when he come tell her, he hear her on the phone with JW and see her smiling.

Jealousy ensues in the next episode. Poor MH. You reap what you sow.

I'm still not clear who BY is going to end up with since tonight's episode and the next seems to be focused on the growing closeness between BY and JW, coupled with some jealousy induced scenes from MH. I really dont know where the story will take us since it's too early too tell, but I'm still hoping she winds up with JW in the end. 

This is probably wishful thinking on my part.. but MH showing his jealousy.. could actually trigger JW's awareness of BY as a woman who can potentially make him happy. So, if the drama's showcasing MH in a jealous light this early.. then there's still hope for the Ye line. 

1 minute ago, yusefull said:

He smile so mutch in the preview that it's amazing.

I don't understand korean but in a video of today episode, it seem as if MH after remembering how many things BY did for his birthdays and apparently nobody in his family did decide to accept her love but when he come tell her, he hear her on the phone with JW and see her smiling.

Because he's years too late. I used to think MH's sort of childish behavior constitutes to being the best male lead.. but not anymore. LOL 

Getting older will want you to have someone like JW. Hee! :wub:

9 minutes ago, bella1025 said:

Because he's years too late. I used to think MH's sort of childish behavior constitutes to being the best male lead.. but not anymore. LOL 

Getting older will want you to have someone like JW. Hee! :wub:

Personaly as a man I don't want to have someone like JW and I would be lucky with someone as BY but treating someone like MH would make me angry at myself.

Funny is that I don't feel bad for MH at all when he suffer. Even when it's not my lead that suffer before, I don't particulary like it but there I love it.

ep 6 clips (I have some Korean skills so sorry if there are inaccuracies)

*The clip that MH shows his jealousy and chastising BY for sending poems to the person she likes. She admits she likes Dr. Ye. Then he tries to use the rumors to have her not like him about his firing from his previous place of work. BY tells him straight it is not the rumors. So MH wants to know why she cannot like him? BY wont' tell the real reason but alludes he is just out of her league. Then later he complains to his roomies . He even sighs and shares that BY likes Dr. Ye. He is sharing he is not upset but lies about it.

This clip BY goes in early to the hospital taking care of Dr Ye's office and even cleaning it up. She is so happy.  The boys her cleaning up Dr. Ye's office. Then MH recalls BY cleaning up his car (when she was liking him).

I think the Dr Yang of the dept (sorry not sure) asks for favor from Dr . Ye to see his friend. Not sure what it is about but more about squeezing in his friend. But then Dr Ye is like let me give you some advice. It would interrupt the rightful's person's appt. Definitely Dr Ye is very clear about keeping lines. Later shows Dr Han JY taking care a boy. Then the Dr. Kim comes by looking for Dr. Kim DB. He feels awkward to ask Dr. Han as he usually asks Dr. Kim DB. But after pressed he asks his question.

ep 6 continued 

dr Kim YJ (BY roomie) is salivating at looking at the athlete doing therapy by Dr. Ye and BY is just googly eyed to Dr. Ye.  Then Dr Yang sees who Dr Ye is treating. Both ask for Dr. Ye to ask him to get the athlete back for pics and autographs. Dr.Ye is not happy with them for wanting him to do that--he refuses. He asks them to stop we should concentrate on healing, we are not a famous restaurant etc. (In Korea, restaurants show alot of pics and autographs of famous people if they go to their place.)  Dr. Han is asking if it will be awkward of Dr Kim DB to go with him to have dinner with his father.

Next Dr. Yang is making a speech about people should act (not sure of what he is saying) and then Dr. Kim Jb are talking but Dr. Ye (is ignoring them as he is on his cell phone). BY is taking excellent care of Dr Ye giving him lots of goodies and just kind of gives scraps to MH and NW. NW is worried about his alligator again and cleaning of the stain. MH complains about about BY is treating Dr. Ye. Then MH remembers a memory in college she brought food for their study group I guess and gives this crazy big kimbap ONLY for MH. (She is obvious who she likes even back then.) 

Dr. Han JY is talking to his mom. Mom says something about the dad that gets him surprised. She mentions (I think he is no longer at his job that he put in long, hard hours and stress? ) This scene Dr yang has some red ginseng (Korean prize this and use it for energy) and his own relative and wants to share this sudden present to Dr. Kim JB and Dr. Kim JY. He offers Dr. Ye but he says don't accept presents from patients and starts to put it back in the box etc. Then Dr. Yang is mad and tells him it is from my Unni. So then Dr. Ye is chastised and then Dr Yang gives his word of advice as well. So Dr. Ye actually says thanks and when he wants to grab the red ginseng Dr Yang refuses to give him one. Dr Yang is surprised that Dr Ye said thanks.

@Nodame

Thanks for the translations. :)

I can't believe MH would stoop that low and tell BY off for liking JW and for giving him poems, and then bring up the rumors to pressure her. Man. I know he doesn't realize he's jealous.. but wow. So petty. *shaking my head*

Archived