[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STELLA JANG – YOUTH THESE DAYS (요즘 청춘) A POEM A DAY OST PART 1

MARCH 26, 2018 POPGASA (English lyrics )

On my path that was dark and hazy

On days where even hope was shaking

Like a jewel, like a star in the night sky

A shining day will come

No where to rest, no one to talk to tonight

I’m comforting myself, on this tearfully lonely night

Everyone but me seems so happy, everyone seems so happy

Will good days ever come?

Love is so hard, making a living is so hard

Youth these days is so hard

Like a jewel, like a star in the night sky

A shining day will come

No where to rest, no one to talk to tonight

I’m comforting myself, on this tearfully lonely night

Everyone but me seems so happy, everyone seems so happy

Will good days ever come?

Love is so hard, making a living is so hard

Youth these days is so hard

Everyone has some sort of pain and baggage

But they still live through, just like you, just like me

You did a good job today, everyone great job

Bad days will always pass

Anyway, there will be days of laughter and good days too

Just believe in it and live

Just believe in it and live

source

8 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

First episode thoughts

So much of this episode is written as light-hearted and slapstick, but I already feel for Woo Bo Young ( Lee Yoo Bi), who manages to be funny and feisty and nice, even through hurt pride, quashed dreams, and disappointments.

Reveal hidden contents

Because he father died, leaving behind a mountain of debt and an illegitimate son, BY has to give up her plans to go to college as a writing major, and decides to go into vocational arts studying physical therapy instead so that she can get a job more quickly and more easily.

However, she was taken on at the hospital as a contract worker, and the hospital, as a cost saving measure, releases their contract worker just before they have to make them full time workers, instead choosing to hire new contract workers instead.

She wins an award as the most caring staff member based on her patient evaluations. BY is elated at this, thinking that the hospital will have to give her a full time position after giving her the award and all, only to find out at the end of the episode that that's not the case at all.

Unless, they give us more back story soon to soften the image, I already dislike Shin Min Ho and Kim Nam Woo.

Reveal hidden contents

Shin Min Ho comes across as a spoiled, petulant man-child. Coming from a family of doctors who own a hospital, MH wasn't able to get into a medical university, and so was pushed into physical therapy by his mother. His only plan is to finish to satisfy his mother, and then to weasel enough money to set up a cafe or something while he plays. He has a nasty habit of starting a sentence as if he's going to agree with something, only to change it to say that "It's all a lie, of course." before making fun of the other person.

The reason I don't like him right now is directly proportional to how much I like BY. BY develops a crush on MH after he comments that she seems cool for reading poetry, and starts giving him little notes with verses in it. He finally asks her if she likes him, and she responds honestly by saying yes she does. He responds by saying that he'll think about it then, only to then claim that is all a lie, and he's the kind of person who likes to say what's on his mind directly, before telling BY in a really mean way that he doesn't like her and that she's basically not good enough for him to even consider.

Kim Nam Woo used to be a rich kid whose father seems to have become bankrupt. As such, getting a job is what's uppermost in his mind. And, it seems that's the only thing that matters to him, so he will kiss up to anyone who he thinks may be able to put in a good word for him, but he's rather mean if he thinks that a person is of no use to him. So, he initially treats BY respectfully until hearing that she's just a contract worker at which point the way he addresses her becomes casual and careless and he pays her no mind. Also, when BY's colleagues ask about MH and BY, NW is the one who spills that MH totally rejected BY.

There does seem to some misunderstanding between MH and BY, with BY under the impression that MH was the one who told everyone he rejected her both the first time back in school as well as this time when everyone is out for the night. This second time, it was NM who spilled the beans, and the first time is a mysterious eavesdropper who filmed the interaction when MH thoroughly rejects BY.

I'm really looking forward to Ye Jae Wook entering the scene. Even in the preview, he seems to be a no-nonsense kind of man with an extremely dry sense of humor. I don't know if there will be a loveline between JW and BY (though I wouldn't mind), but I really hope even more than a loveline, that JW will be able to be a mentor and support to BY who just seems so alone right now.

I know the first episode is really just all about set up,, and probably tomorrow's episode as well. However, even before JW enters the scene, I know that I'm going to really like him. And, I can't wait to watch his interactions with BY. Please, let him be nice to BY. She's so nice that she doesn't deserve to be treated like a carpet who can be walked all over by the other staff. Even worse is seeing that BY is feisty, and she is trying to fight back against it, discretely, of course, but that because of her position and lack of background and her innate niceness, that she's not able to effectively hold her own.

Happy to not be the only one who feel that way. I want BY with JW and not MH so mutch.

I hope they don't give us the boring triangle and just make BY and JW grow as a couple and LH grow as a human on his own.

201803270758373105625_20180327075945_01_

Ost 2 releasing today after 6pm KST 

RATINGS -1.35%

I hope so ratings increased in upcoming episodes. 

I love this drama so much. Good start, I know  min ho and his friend both are troublemaker and hurt  Bo Young but in ending  I realised that min ho never spread rumours about Bo Young rejection and poem then who's it....may be his friend or someone else.

But jae wook help him realise what he lost by rejecting her.

Jae wook aura feels good .

But it will take time to ship Bo Young -Min Ho /jae wook.

Will Min Ho affect by jae wook and Bo Young .......let's wait and watch. 

Hi Chingus, just watched the first episode and am so happy that I took a chance.....after reading everyone's previous comments regarding the casting and the start of the show, I'm glad that I didn't let this one pass me by.  I really like it so far and am keeping my fingers crossed that the writers won't disappoint us after a good start.  

Hi @triplem and @RPMjust wanted to add a few comments to your latest post regarding Min Ho and his relationship with Bo Young....I agree with your assessment of Min Ho's character-playful, immature, spoiled and selfish....however, I don't agree that he was "honest" with Bo Young.  Of course, he did turn her down, but he didn't do it in a kind way.  When he was first introduced to her it was because no other study group would have him.  It was in his best interest to "charm" his way in - giving her a ride bc she was running late for work he put the dating idea into her head (not on purpose I'm sure, just his way of interacting) if he got her there on time.  When he found the poetry book in his car, he knew it was her's and told her she was "cool". without meaning it....  Now, who else would be writing him poetry but the poetry girl?  

Like  I said above, he didn't turn her down in a kind way.  He told her that her poems gave him chills....and his initial false hope at the start of her confession was a crappy thing to do.

I'm sure writers will redeem him enough that we will all be shipping them together sooner than expected and he will grow to love, appreciate and treasure Bo Young....however, it's sad that he will only be able to do it through the eyes of LJH and that he, at least from what we've seen so far,  can't see what we see....a great, sweet giving woman who sacrificed her first love...poetry to support her family.  She is the complete opposite to Min Ho.

I thought that her smacking him on the head with the fish was hilarious....one thing I hope for Bo Young is that she will end up the type of person that people don't talk about behind her back.  They all (work colleagues, juniors, her neighbor, Min Ho and his friend, college students) seem to in some way look down on her....she is pitiful, how sad, a pathetic figure....no respect and an object of ridicule...that's why the scene of her lying in the garbage at the feet of the man who crushed her (insulting her love of poetry) is so telling...I don't think his reaction was anything more than how others see her.  That's why I hope it really hurts when it comes time for Min Ho to feel like he has lost her, and he faces his life or lack of it.

At least today, I'm shipping her and LJH....but I'm sure that will change as it's meant to...:)

After watching few clips on youtube jae wook character seems to be little suspicious not fully sure I need subtitles . 

I like Bo Young with min ho and jae wook both. But it's all depends on writer ,which one choose for Bo Young. 

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

After watching few clips on youtube jae wook character seems to be little suspicious not fully sure I need subtitles . 

I like Bo Young with min ho and jae wook both. But it's all depends on writer ,which one choose for Bo Young. 

I think JW is going to be more of a mentor to the other 2.

12 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I think JW is going to be more of a mentor to the other 2.

I'm also thinking about this. As a mentor to both of them. 

All trailers and most of the part always indicating of  bo young and Min Ho together. But jae wook and Bo young part always seems to different track.

who knows what writer planning. 

5 hours ago, RPM said:

At this point, I think is 51% Min Ho and 49% Jae Wook. But, as you said, it's all depends on writer and how the storyline evolutione. I only hope that there isn't a love triangle until the end about 'Who will be the chosen one?'

After watching 2 episodes I'm also feeling there's no story in this drama left for upcoming episodes what writer planned is totally out of imagination. 

OK lets say jae wook case or issue but how much they can roll on only this story.  Still I'm feeling suspicious to jae wook.  ( I'm feeling like jae wook choose that hospital purposly because of her....)

Min ho is now slowly changed into good boy , the look over his face.....totally change over. 

I hope there's something more interesting is there in upcoming episodes. 

Well my mind is already set to watch until the end because I've waited for this drama for long.

( Well  how many breaks he takes --- music video...drama .......recognising of actor wah....that was hilarious :joy:)

Just watched the 2 episodes and i felt really aad for bo young,so many unlucky things happened to her but at least she is still very optimistic...lee yu bi is such a great actress and really cute...im kinda liking her ending up with jae wook cause her personality and his personality will complement each other. I hope this drama will get good ratings...its fun to watch and very touching

684442886.jpg?mw=1920&mh=1080&q=70images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgC_a6o-D6aBXi4DHiH6Qimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAp2kLi3-4PEM7hN5zDwz

A Poem A Day

I don't yet know what this story has to say.  And yet it took only one apple to move my heart today...

The say never judge a book by it's cover or a person by what you see.  I guess this writer through one sliced apple would prove that to me.  As bad as I hate to admit it I was one of those who judged that sick man so quickly in believing him to be.  Someone just laying there being needy because that's all I chose to see.

Though while walking into that room with BY & MH through only my eyes alone and seeing that he was gone not to his home but for good.  My heart sank a little in watching their expressions where they silently stood.

Even later when going to pay their last respects and hearing the words of his wife. Her humble thank you that must have given them both along with myself a bit of unrest.  Hearing that she had been awake listening with her heart, him asking them not for himself but instead for her sake.  That he knew she loved apples although her hands were to weak.  He wanted to give her something, this woman whom he loved sitting there asleep.    For it was her birthday there was little he could give so he asked them to slice some apples although neither of them were eager to do. Yet It would be his last gift and way of saying to her.

I love you...

I don't know what the writers intention was or what they were trying to say.  I only know this that I don't think I will ever look at another apple in the same way...:heart:

This drama is super light and a nice balance between the crazy hilarious slapstick that is Waikiki.

I also really enjoy learning about Korean poems and how it's input into each episode.

The story doesn't feel strong at the moment but at the same time, I'm wondering if there needs to be.

I'm enjoying the characters, although some are already a bit repetitive with their roles, but I have a feeling the main focus will be seeing the growth of Minho and perhaps how Bo Young will figure out her life and a way to continue to use poems to help others. 

Either way I'm going to stick with this one till the end.

Archived