[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

Geez I am now watching the subbed episode after watching the raw last night. It still makes me squirm. Like honestly. goodness me, he is even more sappy than I recalled. I can't even... my imagination NEVER even went NEAR what the writer wrote.

It's quite a marvel watching a good actor act in an obviously bad acting way. Unreal.

The karaoke scene and him trying to leave after? It elevates bad acting to a whole different level when I know it's done purposely. Far out Ye JW you need to keep your love life a secret for your colleagues sake. I wouldn't be able to bear such sappy behaviour at work. Talking about the physio dept squirming. I am squirming watching him.

He is adorable as all heck but man, none of the fans speculations even come close to what he is behaving like. How much more sappy could he possibly get? And can we stand it? We have a cold cold cold senior colleague at work. He did have a work romance but thankfully the girl switched jobs. But still within the same field. I just saw them last week and she's pregnant. Just watching him around her and smiling? I think I must have looked stunned. Could  not believe my eyes. I  am not even exaggerating. I thought he was cold blooded. Good at his work obviously but who knew he could even be human.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bella1025 Yesh, I totally agree about BY and how she is about how she would possibly deal with MH if he confessed to her.

BY is a strongly empathetic young woman but she also is not flip-flopping about who she likes. If she likes someone, she goes all in. I mean all the stuff she did for MH when she liked him. Even when she was liking JW with her crush, MH was reminded of all the gestures she did----poems, taking extra good care of the person---ie food , and staring lovely dovey (with MH playing soccer and JW working on patients).

I love how she is just her. She asked for the dating on the down low/secret in consideration of JW's past. She did not want him to repeat having scar/ and new wounds from dating her this time around. But I loved how JW said he was prepared for it as he liked her that much.  The guy denied his feelings for her initially against his better judgment but regretted it promptly enough especially when BY said to not be thoughtful and nice. To lose a treasured hoobae/colleague all of a sudden is tough on top of it, you liked them but are in denial and see them daily is hard. Plus his jealousy over the pic MH took secretly of BY when at the beach (she did not go to his presentation) when she formerly was so enthusiastic about anything he did.

But despite being considerate and caring about the other, she learned from situations, it is OK, to be honest and take care of yourself. She takes risks when she was caught saying she LOVES JW. She was going to play it off and then, in the end, went with the simple truth. Brave and difficult. But for her, better to know and get rejected and dwell on it never knowing. Granted she regretted the chance to be close colleagues and never confess. But those relationships are the worst as you feel you can never have something you want so bad as your self-confidence is not strong. Like telling JW after her rejection by him after he is trying to treat her/console her losing out opp to be FT since MC was not leaving. She hid her tears from JW but everyone else and poor MC saw it alot. But when he tried to console her, I am proud she used the story of the old man from the car accident who did not know his wife had passed on. My liking you is nothing compared to pain/relationships others have. So I won't be moving forward pretend to you to try to be happy but be more honest. Good going BY and her correctly asking him to not console or acknowledge her was right. Plus she still stuck to her guns to bad treatment ie for Gyumin (she always advocates for patients and feels so much. Even the interns at one point thought she was too much of a sunbae/superior to them ---too perfect./angel like who is liked by all). But later they had to agree after dealing with SW asking for favors---massage./hot pack to MC guilting them into going to the company dinner---BY still looks best. (Their jealousy talking but had to confess she is best as she is not one to force others to do stuff or give peer pressure).

So those moments when JW looked at her image on the screen from the training video, drinking with MC and SW due to not wanting to be alone for a drink and saying his heart hurt. I liked he realized it plus being a bit jealous doesn't hurt. Since he found out BY had a crush on MH and then later he tried to exact petty revenge for her in his way. (So we know JW seems like a robot but we know he is so NOT.) Glad he came to his senses sooner than later. I liked that he finally realized after the text from GM to not be a prisoner to his wounds/scars, a great way for him to realize. I can learn from this kid. I was helping him out but he is helping release me too. So like BY in that way, he is quick to acknowledge and take action. So he went straight to BY right away.

BY after getting JW's confession with her slapping her cheeks was funny. As we know her imagination is so vivid, glad she wanted to double check it was real and not fake. (I still love that imagined confession with "Be Mine", the banner and ring---so awesome.) After crying her eyes out and being sad and apologizing to JW about not realizing he suffered like GM & her impulsive and rash words saying he never suffered from having to give up your dreams. She was upset at herself jumping to conclusions and really thinking she misjudged JW as a warm person inside. (We know he is a marshmallow when it comes to her. Those secret smiles and now loving glances. ) In the car ride to work on their first day of dating, when he wanted to say let me give you some advice but then changed it to words of affection, just act like yourself. I LOVED IT!

BY and JW in love--I am loving it. Looking forward to more lovey dovey scenes. I mean seriously her saying having him by her side gives her strength. Awwwwww. You hear JW telling others to mind their own business about his dating life. Though he says he doesn't' mind others knowing, he still defers to now share. Or when eating together, he tenderly touches her face and stares lovingly at her, she wonders why. Swoon saying to her--because you are pretty. My heart. Give me more scenes of our OTP for the next 4 episodes.

What obstacles will come their way? Just continue giving me more sweet moments but another kiss too---YESH.

When Minho find out that BY & JW are dating I think if he really loves her then he should set her free. Because he knows how much BY loves JW. Hope he can find someone else to love.

12 hours ago, bella1025 said:

Im not sure about him not knowing because there was a still that I posted earlier that had him looking like this... 

o there's a good chance that he might have already known thay JW confessed and that BY accepted. My guess is he took a leave because of that. But I might be wrong so we'll have to wait for the subs. Sorry, chinggu! :(

He took a leave of absence for 2 days because when he was running to confess to BY , he was run over by a man driving a motorcycle.

While I was busy spazzing last night til the wee hours of the morning, I realize that there's still some doubt as to the end game creeping inside my heart. This is due to MH not having confessed yet, and BY's reaction to it. I have no doubt that BY will still choose JW, however, this being a slice of life drama and poetry-themed made me worry about the challenges that might come their way. Buuuuuuuuuuuut I still want to remain positive and surprise surprise.. this exchange between our couple actually managed to reassure me about them staying together til the end. 

JW: Don't worry, Dr. Woo. I only started this because I'm ready to face whatever might come our way. 

BY: Okay. 

11 hours ago, yusefull said:

It's amazing how different the quiet guy act when they start dating.

JW there, SH in because it's my first life, GD in just between lovers, CW in jugglers, ....

This pretty much describes every single male lead that I love ( except for the 3rd one as I hv yet to watch) . In fact I see a lot of similarities btwn SH , CW and JW here - all three having been scarred by past relationships & hence locking their own emotions in. But when in love , it really brings out the best in them in terms of affection for their partners 

@stroppyse Yes, you do know my love For these tsundere males. I was giggling like mad especially at BY’s reactions. And then completely melted into a puddle at all his cute antics. 

Can’t wait to go back today to watch the subbed episode. 

@bella1025 It seems like the writer is following the same framework & storyboard with Drinking Solo. OTP got together in eps 12 & kissed. The 2nd lead was going to confess but did not hv a chance. He found out later . But everything was nicely wrapped up for all characters 

From the beginning til now , BY has been very honest to JW with her feelings/ comment / opinions besides she likes him ( before she confess) , after confess as well , she is very frank to JW that he doesnt need to take care of her even she is in difficult situation. i like those relationship where both of them talked to each other what they thought of , even very frank on keeping this relationship to be a secret from their colleagues. I hope the next few episodes even they have confliction they will talk through out .

Actually MH don't confess is the best for him , if want to keep this friendship.

@triplem Really? I'm crossing my fingers that they follow that format. I cannot deny that despite them getting together, there's still remained a shadow of doubt on where they're taking this. This being TVN reminds me of the reply series. However, FBND had a nice way of wrapping up the 2nd lead's story without letting him be heartbroken for long. I must admit that while I was super annoyed with MH... I felt bad for his expectations this episode. Probably because I've seen BY get excited and then eventually get denied, so it made me hope that he can confess and they can wrap up his feelings quite nicely. Still, wouldn't mind if they can follow the drinking solo storyboard on how to deal with the 2nd lead's feelings. 

@triplem i really hope that the writer will still follow the pattern for Drinking Solo . this is my first time to see LJH act in such character , and i am happy for him that he got the main role this time.

I dunno will the writer still dig out his past history with his ex , as i think they should have a better closure there for him . the writer started with the past story and compare to now ,   eg, MH-BY confessed last time ,  and compare to the  confession now to JW , though it is still rejection from the start ,  but JW didnt reject in a very bad manner. BY did the same thing as before , but the turn out is different. If the same situation happened in this hospital on JW , i think the turn out should be better and different from the past .

what closure are people seeking for LJH with the ex..

I thought that story was neatly wrapped up..

we know the entire sequence of events and how he has put a lid on it.. AND the girl has accepted it..

there is nothing more to tell at that end

1 hour ago, bella1025 said:

@triplem Really? I'm crossing my fingers that they follow that format. I cannot deny that despite them getting together, there's still remained a shadow of doubt on where they're taking this. This being TVN reminds me of the reply series. However, FBND had a nice way of wrapping up the 2nd lead's story without letting him be heartbroken for long. I must admit that while I was super annoyed with MH... I felt bad for his expectations this episode. Probably because I've seen BY get excited and then eventually get denied, so it made me hope that he can confess and they can wrap up his feelings quite nicely. Still, wouldn't mind if they can follow the drinking solo storyboard on how to deal with the 2nd lead's feelings. 

what happened in drinking solo

@enigmatic_zephy   I think its because we happened to see JW with the ex prior to him having an epiphany, that he wont be letting his wounds imprison him anymore. Then again, there's no better way to end a sour relationship with a cheater but to be abrupt and firm in nipping it in the bud.:D

I didnt watch drinking solo, but as per @triplem the OTP there got together and kissed in epi12 (like in this drama, and it was 16 episodes too), and the 2nd lead didnt manage to confess as well. The reference is due to having the same writer for both dramas. 

I've read in some forums, and it made me think as well, that they believe the otp got together too early.  i did express doubts but the i remembered thay most 16 episode dramas ive seen have otps gettig together by episode 8 or 10. They will then have to face challenges throughout the dating period until brealing up by 14 or 15. 

This drama though is a little different because we've seen these two faced challenges before they got together... so there's a good chance that any challenge henceforth will be overcome by these two head on.

@triplem did the otp in DS break up after episode 12?

47 minutes ago, bella1025 said:

did the otp in DS break up after episode 12

Nope. But female lead like BY also Wanted to be chilled & keep relationship under wrap. But male lead had no chill ...he did all The uncharacteristic things like JW , even joining the team hiking event much to his colleagues surprise. 2nd male lead moped a bit for a couple of episodes but was alright . Like Min Ho he needed to find his own direction in life etc

edit - sorry they did but it was because both male lead & second lead were brothers & there was this big rift btwn them . But rest assured they do get back at the end.  This was a major contention that I had about drinking solo!

4 hours ago, Nodame said:

MH-yeah he lost his timing with BY. He is overanalyzing her concern (for a friend) as her interest in him. She no longer does her grand gestures to him as she did when she liked him. She is comfortable in his friendship being herself. Now he is doing things out of character and being attentive and thoughtful.

IE Wanting to get the book of poems (out of print) for her and making a rsvp to a hotel buffet as she has never gone to one (remembering an earlier conversation they had together).

Taking her to the beach and deferring to her for lunch choices/even though he dissed fireworks, he immediately bought some when BY said she liked them

Seeking her out after hearing she was no longer going to get a chance at being FT, he was being a homebody but came out to find her drinking alone outside sitting on a bench

After she was chastised by all in the volunteer outing, he covered her with his jacket (at the beach too) and had a warm can for her hands and to drink (very sweet gesture)

But his mean moments do make me remind me he is growing as a person and maturing before our eyes (as we all saw coming)

Tripping BY

Revealing things she did  not want others to know especially JW--her liking MH

Showing her body gag pic (he took it after she fell after he startled her)

He rejected rather unkindly when she confessed to liking him in college

Despite all that, she still helped cheer him up---when his parents forgot his bday (then he is remembering she celebrated his bday with him during college)

She showed favor cleaning his car

She gave him the HUGE gimbap during for meal for study session

Constantly sending him poems (but he was rude about telling her he hated poems)

MH will have heartbreak, but it is only fair as he has been relative carefree (not sure of his past dating) but though sad for him for his rejection /heartbreak. But he needs to get it as we have been learning about the other staff's history. I like that their lives are incorporated. We prob for the last few episodes find out more about DB and in particular MC as well as JY?

That's what i want to tell people who are pity with MH because they feel MH doesn't deserve it all, are they didn't know how much BY like him at uni and he rejected her just because a poem that she really love, he didn't like it when they meet again, mean to her and else..he just admits he like her when she has move on and love JW...BY is really mature and bubly girl that she can be a friend with MH now despite their past story.

43 minutes ago, triplem said:

Nope. But female lead like BY also Wanted to be chilled & keep relationship under wrap. But male lead had no chill ...he did all The uncharacteristic things like JW , even joining the team hiking event much to his colleagues surprise. 2nd male lead moped a bit for a couple of episodes but was alright . Like Min Ho he needed to find his own direction in life etc

edit - sorry they did but it was because both male lead & second lead were brothers & there was this big rift btwn them . But rest assured they do get back at the end.  This was a major contention that I had about drinking solo!

@bella1025 Even though second male lead in drinking solo was a real sweet heart ( he was actually a lot more likeable then the male lead Premium Trash ) , he was never the end game because the female lead’s feelings were for male lead. He gave a lot of support to her but she made it clear that she was not for him. So don’t worry. My only hope is that the writer does not mess up the last two episodes the way she did with Drinking Solo. Here at least JW & BY has many sweet moments together & he never treated her like trash & is completely sure of his feelings. 

@jellybing2009 Tagging you here as i know u read my post , and I just realised I was wrong In my previous post 

55 minutes ago, jeijei said:

This is not a slice of life. If it is, then where is my Dr. Ye? It's usually a Mr. No.  

Lemme just find my Dr. Ye at the nearest hospital... :tongue: But I'd be perfectly fine if I bump into Mr. Decisive Ha Suk Jin. :D

3 hours ago, triplem said:

@stroppyse Yes, you do know my love For these tsundere males. I was giggling like mad especially at BY’s reactions. And then completely melted into a puddle at all his cute antics. 

Can’t wait to go back today to watch the subbed episode. 

MH is the tsundere in this drama you know ?

JW was always nice to the girl were MH was mean until he realise he like her.

JW can be a kind of beta if when his ex come in the picture (if she does), BY is the one to protect him.

1 minute ago, yusefull said:

MH is the tsundere in this drama you know ?

JW was always nice to the girl were MH was mean until he realise he like her.

JW can be a kind of beta if when his ex come in the picture (if she does), BY is the one to protect him.

Lol! Ok maybe my understanding of the tsundere male is not right. But I think I somewhat classified JW as such because he was seen as cold & unapproachable at least where his fellow colleagues are concerned. MH for me was just whiny ( my apologies to all ) from the get go. So how do I classify the somewhat cool reserved male lead? I think that’s the sort of male lead I seem to be attracted to judging by all the dramas that I become emotionally invested in. Is there a term for it? 

@triplem thanks

Actually at this point , really depend on how writernim how she wanted to wrap up . This drama is so close to my environment as i am working in Hospital as well .. haha . I like it because it doesnt go very dramatic , and very close the our daily life .. usually normal story doesn't get high profile like others .. but i dun go for rating , those drama i like usually doesn't has high ratings . This drama doesnt give those dark side of the life from the beginning ,  so i guess writernim will do a good wrap in a positive ways .. By using poem to describe the character stories are very interesting, all the poems are chosen so perfectly , the one that NW narrated , is so near to reality ..

12 minutes ago, triplem said:

Lol! Ok maybe my understanding of the tsundere male is not right. But I think I somewhat classified JW as such because he was seen as cold & unapproachable at least where his fellow colleagues are concerned. MH for me was just whiny ( my apologies to all ) from the get go. So how do I classify the somewhat cool reserved male lead? I think that’s the sort of male lead I seem to be attracted to judging by all the dramas that I become emotionally invested in. Is there a term for it? 

A good guy with some problem and a hard time expressing himself.

Archived