[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

3 minutes ago, ELlovelyz said:

If Ye Jae Wook and Woo Bo Young is really not the end game, Ye Jae Wook would be single all his life LMAO.. Experiencing two fail office-romance relationships, he's gonna be traumatized forever :joy:

That's worst than become a second lead who can't have the female lead from the start till the end LOL.. I rather to have Dr. Ye as second lead then.. Ye Jae Wook is only for me B) Don't date Bo Young, Dr. Ye ! :tongue:

Exactly. I don't think JW will survive another failed relationship. He might not want to date anymore. LOL This will be MH's first heartbreak, and will teach him how to better handle the next person who shows interest in him. That will show his growth.

@MrsSoJiSub  I have to respectfully disagree. :D I have seen many second male lead characters who have ALWAYS comforted the lead girl, and wind up losing her to the one who caused her hurt. Growth has many facets. It's not just shown through turning a jerk into a decent human being. It can also mean overcoming emotional traumas and cynicism. It's not the end of the Yeline. If anything, it's a start. I'm looking forward to them facing the next 4 episodes together. :) 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*need some a light hearted clip (thank god for HSJ)

SJ looking handsome looks upon a YJ taking a bit of her lunch

SJ-Is there anything else you would like to eat? Don't worry I will get it. (?)

YJ-No. only here.With you the patient, how many more minutes til this ends?

SJ-Not looking too happy. Let's date. (Date with me!) I just decided.

YJ-Eh?

SJ-From the first moment we met I was interested.

YJ-Don't you think that is well a bit fast?

SJ-Fast, isn't being fast not a good thing? When you decide and overthink you waste precious time. So let's date!

YJ-Well that it is a bit well... well let's just eat first and then discuss.

She gives him some food.

SJ: Not looking happy, purposely takes out his cell and makes a call. Oh Mom, it's me. I wanted to introduce your daughter in law to you. Please introduce yourself.

YJ-almost is choking on her food as she is surprised. Eh? You said Daughter in law?!

SJ-I decided to marry you.

YJ-Eh?Marry then you suddenly...

SJ--takes phone and talk to his mom-oh mom I will call you back 

SJ-I like this image seeing you taking care /caring for others alot.

YJ-Even though you do still it is ...a bit 

SJ-YJ I really am sincere and genuine with my feelings . I already decided our home where we are living after marriage, our future kids- I decided on two kids (He added other things he also decided on  ---not sure what but seems like more down the road future stuff even her dying before him? )

YJ-Excuse me. You making all the decisions alone?!Never mind. We don't match at all. So I am going to get up and leave.

SJ-grabs her wrist to stop her from leaving

Think about about your decison

YJ-What are you doing? Let go of me!

DB-voice out of no where--Stop it!

Both look over and see DB stand up in disguise.

Continuation of our comic relief in this eposide

DB walks over to them

Cut to DB with a crutch standing staring at SJ in the parking lot with YJ standing between them

DB : YJ , when I think about it I am sad. How could you have a meal with SJ? Especially I was over there.

YJ-eh?

SJ-What? Why are you feeling not happy about something ? Please then leave.

DB-Why? So if I leave, then you will hug and kiss YJ?

YJ-Eh? What do you mean/saying?

DW-Well SJ already decided --he is good at making decisions. From a few days before, he decided to hug and kiss you. Totally seriously ahhh

SJ-What? (???? said to DB) You and pushes DB 

DB- Did you just push me? Well then I should just (about to punch him look) 

SJ ducks. Or I should do this?

SJ-I will cure you and make the decision and hits the top of DB head.

DB-Says something and then something (true to his flip flopping nature)

SJ-I will change it and make the decision and head butts DB.

You are really bad at making decisions. (then something else?)

DB--Well with decision you are also (????) Says something

SJ-Oh really .....

DB-Aren't you going to let go?! Do you want to go to the police station?

SJ-I made a decision today

DB-Oh so , me too

YJ -grabs them both by the arms and tries to separates them 

Stop it!

YJ-looking at SJ says: I don't plan to date you. I totally don't plan to.

Staring at DB says: I totally NEVER want to have eat/have a meal with you. Stop being sad upset about it.

Even though  you are patients, one is  a beast about making decisions and one is beast bad at making decisions. Totally annoyed by you both. Then promptly stomps away from them.

MH follows the bookseller through a packed book store and finds the book he wants.

Bookseller- Is it this book?
MH-Yes this is the book.  The other (bookstore) said they did not have it. Really thank you.

BY is in a daze looking in a cafe

Scars---she does voice over of this poem.

She sad at the cafe.  JW is walking down a path thinking. He walks and sees BY seated and then goes to sit next to her.

BY looks at him. 

JW-what was it you wanted to say to me?

BY-Yes

BY-I heard about it from Kyumin. When you had to give up your dreams of baseball . I recalled you mentioned baseball before but the decision to give up I did not know. To that person who has to give up his dream,  the pain and crying (not knowing about it) I am sorry.

JW-No it is not that.

BY-Actually,  I also did not know either . Blah blah (?) I loved poetry alot and I wanted to be a poet. But I was not able to do it.  So it was a big scar for me. So I thought I could understand Kyumin . So  I thought JW did not understand KM circumstance/situation. I am sorry.

BY-Cannot look at him.

JW-looks thoughtful and wants to pat her to console her but holds back remembering her request of him (when she told him she planned to get over him to NOT console her, not be nice to her, and to act like he sees her hurting etc.)

MH walks in front of the cafe and sees them both there. BY looking away and JW reaching out his hand wanting to touch BY but doesn't.

BY walks to the bus stop and sits down. 

JW drives by and looks back at her at the bus stop.
He is at a cross walk deep in thought. He gets a kakaotalk message from Kyumin.

He tells JW he will work hard to recover and holds JW to his promise to help him recover. He hopes to JW will not give up on him. He plans to move on from this scar.

The light turns green, he swerves and makes a uturn looking like he has an ephiphany.

JW calls BY--BY let's meet, I have something to tell you.

MH holding the book thinking over the image he saw at the cafe. He is in a daze. He is recalling what NW said about making a confession and the importance of timing when doing it. He looks at the book. He takes out his cell and calls BY.

BY-where are you ? I have something to tell you. I MUST meet you now.

JW is driving fast.

MH is running very fast.

BY is at a bench seated.

BY stands up and says--You said you had something to say?

END

-Who makes it to BY first?
Way she asked makes me think MH as she is still a bit more formal with JW is my guess. But not sure. We will have DATING but I still think JW will confess finally makes sense.

1 hour ago, ELlovelyz said:

If Ye Jae Wook and Woo Bo Young is really not the end game, Ye Jae Wook would be single all his life LMAO.. Experiencing two fail office-romance relationships, he's gonna be traumatized forever :joy:

That's worst than become a second lead who can't have the female lead from the start till the end LOL.. I rather to have Dr. Ye as second lead then.. Ye Jae Wook is only for me B) Don't date Bo Young, Dr. Ye ! :tongue:

You see in past life BY rejected a gumiho who loved her very much.. gumiho was so heartbroken.. that he ended up becoming a heavenly deity and was obviously synical of humans.. but well eventually found his love..

Now, By is being punished by her constant jumping around her crush and being rejected :)

Ye was a scumbag in previous role.. so he must redeem himself.. a few heartbreaks are a must..

Now the only angel.. keeps accruing good will in every life (read role).. and well ..the girls are the one who fall for him first.. and he isn't the kind to express much.. heartbreak or not..

SO you see.. in kdrama universe, its karma coming back to collect the taxes :)

the only one safe is MH :D 

#random

2 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Drama 101: The male lead always gets the girl. Always. Allllllwwwaaaayyyysss.

No matter how deserving or undeserving, no matter how nice someone else is or treats the female lead better. No matter how many either one dates or kisses. No matter the number of episodes that remain (lawds they put them together the last 4 mins of an ep). No matter how popular the other guy/ship is. The male lead always gets the girl. After years (who am I kidding, just last week) of putting myself through headache of 2nd lead ships (sometimes I wasn't even aware they were the small tug along boat); I've come to accept the fact, the male lead gets the girl (0.001% of times the second lead does). So to save myself (and hopefully some of you) heartache. Look at the drama and analyze who the male lead is (who gets more focus? Who has been given growth? maturity? Who falls into the age old richard simmons to class?), they're getting the girl. 

P.S: fake dating is doom or bloom for a ship. Especially fake dating someone she had earlier feelings for. They gonna fake date, old feelings she thought gone will reemerge. She'll date new guy, only to find out old guy now returns her feelings and have seen the growth in him through their friendship/fake dating. Reminisce will happen, comparisons will happen. Fake lover become I choose you lover.  

P.S 2. I'm behind on this drama and mainly watch clips now. But from what I've seen, if this is going by basic drama formula,1 person is screaming, gonna get the girl....the one who is the emotional center, is by her side through hardship to offer support and comfort aka "soft moments" (who did she cry infant of? or literally lean/rest on?) by kdrama formula, is her person and she'll eventually end up with. 

If I'm not misleading your interpretation, isn't minho who always comfort her recently. When I analyze the drama the most growth character is minho. His screen time make me believe he's the only one. But I'm minority so I'm not gonna make a high expectation. 

41 minutes ago, Azdeo93 said:

If I'm not misleading your interpretation, isn't minho who always comfort her recently. When I analyze the drama the most growth character is minho. His screen time make me believe he's the only one. But I'm minority so I'm not gonna make a high expectation. 

bingo!..

that's what.. literally no character has had any character growth in this drama except for MH.. with MH there has been an arc..

By is just the same

Ye is the same.. just found himself another girl (he was never insulting others without a reason previously too.. before BY..except for falling for her.. what is the big character change?)

other staff, JY - no change or character growth

Defcon - again.. he is still confused.. he always was understanding, respectful (so standing up for Dr. K vs for the old man on that village trip) .. Defcon's case is same as Dr. Ye.. they have found new love interest.. but they were always what they are now.. no character growth

and like i said before,

this drama literally is about BY finding her love.. and in her fairy tale romance.. the prince is going to come back to her.. for that's love

4 hours ago, bella1025 said:

Okaaaay rewatching the preview for the nth time and I noticed something. What if the scenes weren't shown in chronological order? Notice how in the first scene, MH isn't exactly dressed for a date? And then BY is all dolled up telling him, "this is the first time that we've agreed to date". Now, I can't here it very well and I'm not particularly sure about korean grammar (help @stroppyse:D ) but was her use of WE implied that she's on a date with MH or that she (and another person) agreed to date, like she's telling MH about it.It's like me telling my friend, well we (my bf and I) have tried that Japanese restaurant.  Am I reading too much into this? Pwahahahaha.

So this is my guess of the chronological order of the scenes. 

The confession happened first:

JW: I know that doing this is shameless, but I don’t want to be trapped within my wounds any more. I can’t lose Teacher Woo. Could you give me another chance? (Check out what he's wearing on that scene, and the cliffhanger from  tonight's episode.)

Don't be fooled by the scene wherein he's wearing a different coat (blue/black) and BY is wearing her navy coat.. because JW isn't speaking or confessing there. They were just staring at each other, so that must be the date. They must've dated for a whole day but I have a feeling got roped in with the others mid-date.. lol hence why JW was trying to take that photo with him moving closer to BY. Anyway, he was confessing to her on that dark pink or brown coat. 

This could've happened the following day after the confession. The Date.

BY: Well, this is the first day that we’ve agreed to date, so I should at least do this much.
MH: Our Bo Young, she’s extremely pretty today.

After the date:

BY: Daebak! We must really be dating.

The day after the date. LOL I'm going on a limb here and guess, as I've mentioned above, that JW and BY might have ran into their colleagues mid-date. SW teasing. SW totally looked at JW before teasing BY.  XDDDD 

SW: Of course, she’s happy. Since she’s started dating.

Notice how awkward she was while being teased by SW and JW had this stoic face. Hence, this dialogue after that scene. 

JW: How can you be so obvious that you’re dating? 

Because JW is a very shy person deep down. hahaha and BY is too obvious. 

Anyone noticed these scenes too? Gave me hope! ^^ I sincerely hope that writer-nim won't have us facepalming with not having resolved the shipping war yet by tomorrow. LOL

We have the same thoughts... :) 

I think their dating in secret. That “weve agreed to date” is pertaining to her and JW. 

OY! This writer! This PD and his editing!! Grr... you guys are solely responsible for all the Ye- line and SMH shipping.

I am rushing off for errands but just finished the raw episode. I understood most of it. But honestly to do a preview like that. That is just shameless continuation of the whole misunderstanding for the fans. I am sure it is Ye. But why the heck did they make SMH so happy as well?

But man that was an epic cameo. I laughed at HSJ playing yet another neurotic pushy character. And Dr Kim even got a kiss. I fell down laughing.

But I have to avoid soompi today. Too much stuff to do. Have a nice time spazzingg guys. Since the writer kept the SMH scenes plentiful. Yet kept the Ye- line reeling in with his introspective feelings. But the poems were good today. How in the world did they find the 2nd poem?

Believe me they will push this right to the end. I don’t trust anything anymore :lol:. I need a drama where all male leads will be like Ha Seok Jin . Decisive from the get go with an amazing body to match .... just look at this back view ! 

( this gif is courtesy of HSJ ‘s manager )

By the way it’s too bad that we haven’t had fan service fr Lee JunHyuk. Have you seen how broad those shoulders are. And those Ye veins are hidden under those jackets . I mean they could make him role up his sleeves while treating those patients, no?

Spoiler

1701181009009750.jpg

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

bingo!..

that's what.. literally no character has had any character growth in this drama except for MH.. with MH there has been an arc..

By is just the same

Ye is the same.. just found himself another girl (he was never insulting others without a reason previously too.. before BY..except for falling for her.. what is the big character change?)

other staff, JY - no change or character growth

Defcon - again.. he is still confused.. he always was understanding, respectful (so standing up for Dr. K vs for the old man on that village trip) .. Defcon's case is same as Dr. Ye.. they have found new love interest.. but they were always what they are now.. no character growth

and like i said before,

this drama literally is about BY finding her love.. and in her fairy tale romance.. the prince is going to come back to her.. for that's love

Finally, I find a friends who can share same think about interpretation this drama. 

I agree with you, I think by still in her dreamland untill she realize who's the Prince real one. The man who always be there and doing whatever to cheer her up. 

You know what. The most shocked scene in tonight episode was I saw the highest growth characters of minho. Minho start to read a poem and while he narrate the poem it's all about boyoung (i cry over a river, hehehehe). God, that was so mesmerized me, minho in the earlier episode was the person who really hate a poem, but now he loves the poem and use the poem to confessed to boyoung, the one who changed him. The little girl he love the most. 

Minho yaaa,,,,you've changed a lot... Noona proud of you =D

ahQL5MIrKaB4XS1HtkF8V7uc7j8beN4SzShEooJu

Hello @Azdeo93 welcome to this thread & Soompi . All ships welcomed . we do have a significantly larger number & more vocal Ye-liners, but there are many who love Min Ho as well. But like I always say as long as we have fun & agree to disagree, all’s good . 

hey @MrsSoJiSub didn’t realise you were watching too. Was great reading you on Live( are you still watching ? )  & now here . Love triangle aside, it’s quite an underrated gem in terms of how the poems fit into the storytelling for the characters. I felt the writer struggled a little in the first few episodes but it has its stride after the 4th episode. 

———

i love this shadow romance bit, lol! 

Dr Ye , you are too cute

SMH's family won't accept WBY right into the family? And there aren't enough episodes to get them together. Do the break up episodes. The parents. Then the making up. That would involve a time jump since he hasn't graduated. And I really don't want him to go back to his dad's hospital. His growth arc should be with his parents.

SMH is more likely to be a poem about him. And opportunity lost. Or a poem that goes " when I became an adult ".

Hahaha. There has been so many poems that I am thinking in poem titles for the characters.

WBY would be more like " Living a different dream is good too ". And Ye would be " A sincere heart ".

Bye guys.

@triplem thanks for welcoming me dear:)

Of course it just for have fun, it's fun to analyze the character of drama and it's story itself. It's really great when we find the friends who can discuss together. We are friends because we enjoy this drama together although we have some different interpretation :D

this is the longer version of the preview

@bella1025 my thought is same as u  but may be slightly different

As i mentioned before ,  i don't care who arrived first,  BY still in the state that she still has some feeling for JW especially when she knows that he also gave up his dream before just like her. 
the scence with JW confessed , and that night she is screaming where there is a group outing the next day and DR Ye is going ( she is wearing the same pink mandarin collar shirt) , may be they agree to treat it as a  a date   ( realised JW n NW not there when taking picture ), or they plan to go for a date but the chief asked to go out as a group hahah  ,  there is a scene JW smile from the door window ,   may be they agreed to date secretly.  for the phone scene, i really have no idea ,  mayb they do both talking to BY as well but for different things.

I agreed that MH is the one has much growth here,  this kind of drama doesnt have bad guy/ villain , so writers certainly will turn him become a good person through BY ( poem) . Dr Ye also changed through BY ( poem) ,  and BY uses poem to encourage her patients in hospital ,  to help them walk through the painful path.  SO everything is a poem a day ( thats what a title  for) .

DB and JY also have grown ,  DB become more vocal and dare to speak out better than before isnt he ? These are how i felt after watching from ep 1 till now .

this killing smile

@jellybing2009 I cant seem to play the longer version of the preview. Will try it on my laptop. Anyway, is that scene of Dr. Ye for tonight's? If it is, there's absolutely no way that he'd smile like that if he was heartbroken. Kekeke. That's definitely the "look" one has while staring at their precious person. 

Also, isnt it adorable that JW turns into a dork when he's in love? :wub::lol::tongue: It's like a whole new different side to him. If the secret dating is legit, then I really dont know what she's blaming BY for... they both turn into clumsy dorks when in love that everyone will be able to tell. :tongue:

While I'd love to see Dr. Ye be jealous some more, I think I'd prefer the secret dating plot over BY fake dating MH. Cannot wait for tonight!!! 

@bella1025 yes , that the scene from the longer version of preview . that i would think so too that if BY rejected him ,  he wont be smiling like this ?  This is a positive value drama ,  writer wont make the female lead to have date 2 persons at one time as it doesnt look good.. always female lead will be very loyalty ( i mean majority ), they will portrait the female lead a loveable  and positive person. As BY already said , she afraid how the person she love will think of her liking others so easy . Well , i can be wrong if the writers decided to look for wild ideas . but the chances are low as from the start, this drama is going to be a warmth and happy drama to the audience.. there is no hatred in the end.

Here's in the written preview for today's episode (don't know what it means though and I don't trust google translate so if anyone can kindly translate it? - google translate said BY accepted JW's confession?!? is this true?!? @.@): :) 

지난밤, 보영이 앞에 나타난 사람은... 재욱이었다! 재욱의 진심 어린 고백을 받게 된 보영은 혹시나 놓칠세라 그 마음을 냉큼 받아들이고 드디어 재욱과 그렇게 바라던 커플이 되지만... 이게 웬걸?! 평소 같음 기쁨의 난리 부르스를 추며 연애하는 티 팍팍 내고 다녔을 보영이 건만 설렘 가득~ 행복 가득~ 해도 모자를 판에 근심 가득~ 수심 가득~한 하루를 보내게 되는데...

Archived