[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Preview of ep 12. Thanks @jellybing2009 and @bella1025.

BY: Well, this is the first day that we’ve agreed to date, so I should at least do this much.
MH: Our Bo Young, she’s extremely pretty today.
SW: Of course, she’s happy. Since she’s started dating.
JW: How can you be so obvious that you’re dating?
JW: I know that doing this is shameless, but I don’t want to be trapped within my wounds any more. I can’t lose Teacher Woo. Could you give me another chance?
BY: Daebak! We must really be dating.

So, my initial thought to this preview is to wonder if the Ye Line has sunk. However, now I wonder if MH is helping BY by pretending that they're dating to make JW face his feelings for BY. Either way, it seems that JW does confess his feelings to BY. And, e find out tomorrow which line will actually be the one to take off.

Thanks a bunch, @stroppyse~! ^^

For now, I'm going to take episode 12 preview with a grain of salt.  I also think that you're onto something with MH. He was certainly looking at JW when he was loudly telling the interns that he went to the ocean with BY. I also don't believe that BY has moved on from JW, enough to be able to seriously start dating MH, so this could be a red herring. MH, bless his soul, might have finally made it a mission to help BY obtain her happiness, even if it isn't with him. Such growth that I'd like to hope we'd be witnessing in episode 12. I am sooooo GLAD to finally hear JW tell BY that he can't lose her though. Still hopeful! :D

-----------------------------

Next clip

JW--I am not here to console you. I am here to give an announcement/declaration to you. I have alot of patients to treat. Jist  of his speech to Patient Jimin is you are not wanting to be treated, this is a precious time for those patients who want to be treated. So if you truly don't want to be treated, then please give up your time slot for treatment to other patient is what I really think. Tomorrow if you still don't come /want to be treated (take himself off and not get treated?) 

Then walks out

BY is incredulous and upset looking at JW who just left.

JM-Looks surprised and a little hurt

BY-Turns around, JImin ...

JM-Immediately turns around and turns his back to BY and covers uses his blanket to ignore BY

BY looks upset and races to catch up with JW

She catches him in the stairwell

BY--JW, what do you mean about (taking himself off to not be treated?)

JW-looks like he wants to say something just walks away and doesn't answer BY

BY-Calls after him JW

Cue NW and MH  walking over to BY

BY-What the heck was that?!

MH-Looking concerned---what is going on?

------------------------

YJ is using some of the machinery putting on some gel and gives instructions to the patient

She is giving instructions on what she will do etc etc

YJ-She says to him, if it feels too hot or uncomfortable please let me know.

SJ-Looks at YJ with interest

SJ-Ok I am fine. He then gives YJ a compliment saying how she is a beauty/pretty.

YJ-Omo thank you.

SJ-By chance, do you have a boyfriend?

YJ-surprised. No

SJ-Then how about going on a date with me?

YJ-aw what? Laughs it off 

SJ slaps his leg and stands up adruptly.

YJ-Oh where are you going?
SJ-I plan to get discharged.

SJ-still persistent---how about dinner tonight? I decided let's have dinner.

YJ-My apologies but i don't go on dates/meals with patients.

SJ-Oh so you don't go on dates with  patients. I decided to get discharged.

YJ-Eh?

SJ-You said you don't go on dates with patients. So let's have dinner after I get discharged.

Then he bolts out

YJ-calls after him HSJ Nim HSJ Nim (LOL) What's this? Is he really going to get discharged?

She walks out and finds SJ talking loudly at the nurses. I already made the decision/decided.

SJ-Why cannot I get discharged?

@stroppyse  thank  you for the translation !

I don't care who will arrive first , but i still think BY still haven't over JW. If MH confessed , it will make her feel awkward since they are already in friend zone.  I suspect that BY n JW will have secret dating rather they announced to everyone. ANyway , JW definitely confessed that night in the park, at least he is willing to move on from his past experience.

**Sorry I think I got the patient's name wrong is it Jimin or Kyumin . UGGH either way it is the kid patient.

NW-Oh it looks like that JW is still at work. He is so cold (lacking emotions) but he is a hard worker.

While still looking at his texts on his smart phone. Still he has ability/ talent.

BY-Is ability /talent all that?! She pours herself a shot of soju. She downs half of it and is in deep thought.

A car is driving in the driveway...

BY-Runs out of no where

JW has to halt his car abruptly to stop from hitting BY (he is startled)

BY continues to stand and stare at JW's car

JW wondering what is going on, steps out of the car

JW-What are you doing right now?

BY-Just as you said, what are you doing JW? How could you tell a patient to stop receiving treatment?

JW-Eh?

BY-You should now immediately to got Kyumin and apologize. Take back about stopping treatment and apologize and say you are sorry.

JW-BY

BY-cuts JW off. Kyumin is in this state due to his situation because of how difficult it must have been for him to lose or give up his dream. Have you even tried to think from his point of view?! Oh yeah, but you probably didn't know or think about that at all. To someone like you the successful JW, who has achieved his dreams. But for me, I know his feelings all too well. How it is to feel to give up your dream and how painful it feels I know it ALL too well. I want you to stop/not say to Kyumin about stopping his treatment.

She ends her tirade and bows her head and walks away.

JW-tries to call out BY but the cars behind his car are honking (He is still in the one lane clogging the flow of traffic) 

----------------------

MH is holding BY's bag and NW jogs over to him---she is not here

MH-where did she go without her cell phone and bag? 

On cue, they hear a Drunken BY screaming and proceeds to kick the punch machine while carrying a bottle of soju

She is complaining to the machine and kicks it and tries to punch it (of course hurting herself saying ow)

She decides to wind up for a big punch and but instead it bounces back and hits her forehead as she is falling backwards

MH and NW are far away to catch her so MH snags out of the gal's hand next to him--excuse me a moment and throws the round plushie towards BY. It conveniently (only in drama) lands right under BY neck/head so she is cushioned when she falls to the ground

BY is cute in her drunken stupor

MH-YESH

NW laughs in surprise and shock. MH you are definitely true the bowling ace indeed.

Both guys rush over to the prostrate BY.

Okaaaay rewatching the preview for the nth time and I noticed something. What if the scenes weren't shown in chronological order? Notice how in the first scene, MH isn't exactly dressed for a date? And then BY is all dolled up telling him, "this is the first time that we've agreed to date". Now, I can't here it very well and I'm not particularly sure about korean grammar (help @stroppyse:D ) but was her use of WE implied that she's on a date with MH or that she (and another person) agreed to date, like she's telling MH about it.It's like me telling my friend, well we (my bf and I) have tried that Japanese restaurant.  Am I reading too much into this? Pwahahahaha.

So this is my guess of the chronological order of the scenes. 

The confession happened first:

JW: I know that doing this is shameless, but I don’t want to be trapped within my wounds any more. I can’t lose Teacher Woo. Could you give me another chance? (Check out what he's wearing on that scene, and the cliffhanger from  tonight's episode.)

Don't be fooled by the scene wherein he's wearing a different coat (blue/black) and BY is wearing her navy coat.. because JW isn't speaking or confessing there. They were just staring at each other, so that must be the date. They must've dated for a whole day but I have a feeling got roped in with the others mid-date.. lol hence why JW was trying to take that photo with him moving closer to BY. Anyway, he was confessing to her on that dark pink or brown coat. 

This could've happened the following day after the confession. The Date.

BY: Well, this is the first day that we’ve agreed to date, so I should at least do this much.

After the date:

The day after the date. LOL I'm going on a limb here and guess, as I've mentioned above, that JW and BY might have ran into their colleagues mid-date. SW teasing. SW totally looked at JW before teasing BY.  XDDDD 

Notice how awkward she was while being teased by SW and JW had this stoic face. Hence, this dialogue after that scene. 

Because JW is a very shy person deep down. hahaha and BY is too obvious. 

Anyone noticed these scenes too? Gave me hope! ^^ I sincerely hope that writer-nim won't have us facepalming with not having resolved the shipping war yet by tomorrow. LOL

Okay but I am having major anxiety because of the preview.

First of all, I just find it a bit worrying that Dr. Ye and BY started dating this early, that means that they have 4 eps where things could go wrong, like maybe his ex coming back again or idk or maybe their coworkers believing that BY and MH are the ones dating and thus making the mood super awkward at work and it could evolve to something... and yeah it also means 4 eps of sweet fluff but I don't trust drama writers >_>

Also, MH hasn't confessed yet and he is being waaay too nice and grown up and the writer and director are making a fair good job at making us feel bad for him, even me, who disliked the hell out of him most of the drama, I kinda pity him now and wish he'd stop getting hurt seing BY and Dr. Ye together.

Thirdly, BY and Dr. Ye danced to LaLa Land's ost and I just can't help but be a bit afraid that their fate is similar to the leads there, where they loved each other but since they wanted to each pursue their dream they separated on good terms. Seing how BY is able to eloquently except Dr. Ye rejection previously and how maturely she was able to handle it, I can easily imagine a similar scene, after things don't work out for whatever reason in the next eps, where they talk and decide to end their short relationship. Maybe she will never be able to have a permanent job at that hospital and decides to be a poet and goes away... maybe MH will follow her.... ugh no!

This drama could then be a rarity where the heroine ends up with MH who is now seen as second lead but at the same time be like any other drama where the heroine ends up with the previously a jerk but now a nice guy lead >_> 

Please someone tell me that I am wrong!!!!!

NW and MH and BY are in the cab
BY head falls onto MH shoulder

MH turn to do the voice over of the next poem---You are an idiot

Shows scenes of BY throwing to throw away paper into trash bin/then sits down to look at her cell

BY is now walking down hallway and says hello to the janitor , she looks at patient's hair being combed by her partner? (?)

BY is walking and sees a dandelion sprouting from outside of the sidewalk and looks at it

MH is smiling looking/reading the book of poem (gift) from BY (he complained was for elementary school student)

Scene of fireworks---BY said pretty and MH looks at her love struck smiling

MH looks at the pic he secretly took the selfie of them watching fireworks

@stroppyse thanks for your poem translation it posted while I was doing this.

@bella1025 I noticed that too. And another clue is at the end of preview Bo Young is extremely happy(it's the same clothes as at the end of ep 11). It's strange if she being like that because of Min Ho. Unless she never liked Dr. Ye all this time...(I will kill the writer for writing nonsense story like that :joy:)

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Preview of ep 12. Thanks @jellybing2009 and @bella1025.

JW: I know that doing this is shameless, but I don’t want to be trapped within my wounds any more. I can’t lose Teacher Woo. Could you give me another chance?

So, my initial thought to this preview is to wonder if the Ye Line has sunk. However, now I wonder if MH is helping BY by pretending that they're dating to make JW face his feelings for BY. Either way, it seems that JW does confess his feelings to BY. And, we find out tomorrow which line will actually be the one to take off.

to me it seemed like ye-BY are dating, based on order of scenes and your translation:

1. Morning: BY in blue dress - says, today is 1st day i should do this much.. and is happy

2. MH with BY in blue dress - not ecstatic - looks wistfully thinking how pretty she looks

3. Decisive: Ye asking BY in an alley - How can you be so obvious that you are dating? and he is not sad... (he should have been sad, and BY not so elated if it were MH)

4. the only scene that throws me off is night scene in blue dress and Ye confessing.. that can't be the 1st time..

and this means.. lol.. ye can't be the end game

MH is looking at his computer and something isn't working

JY--why are you going to this site? (slides over)

NW- Why ho shi chul? (?) (he also slides over)

MH sighs and closes his laptop. and turns his chair around to fave NW and JY.

MH-well it is a book that BY really wants to read. So I was looking for it (for her).

OOOOH JY-both look at each other and point their fingers---- It is LOVE

JY-It is love, But what do you mean by  Ho Bo Shi Chul????

NW-Well 10 yrs ago when we got bankrupt , I studied alot of poetry. Ho Bo Shi Chul  (he explains something it is ???? good meaning.)

(I don't know this) Definitely about timing.

JY-Oh this is totally MH situation. This is the best time to confess to BY.

MH-It is the best time to confess (sounds unsure)

NW-Oh that is right. BY and JW--to the man she likes but when her feelings are starting to fade/go away if that is not good time then what is? Do do this ? but just confess to her.

MH --Hmm got a point. I should immediately confess to her.

JY-Really?

MH- I am joking. (in a low voice)

MH-Still not it soemthing about not that long for BY (she was rejected) I need to let her to get her mental station (back to normal)

so when I am more serious/sincere at that time then I will confess to her then.

JY-What are you saying? Not wanting to make a mistake?

NW-You want your friend to be a failure?

JY-What do you mean? Not employed yet 

NW-Look who is talking who instead of studying is constantly playing around

MH-Yah you guys really. Says something and pushes them away

MH goes back to his laptop

----------------------

Hung over BY goes to the bathroom to brush her teeth and looks at her reflection in the mirror

BY Oh my head (must hurt like crazy for our poor hung over heroine)

@kawaiibootIt's not too early.. believe me. The writer of this drama has dragged this out that only HSJ's muscles was what made me want to redeem itself. Joke! :tongue:  Anyway, I'm not to worried about the lalala scene since that's from BY's imagination, not exactly a legitimate scene that could possibly impact the main plot. For what it's worth, I think they had that scene in order to showcase more of BY's active imagination and her mind's propensity to think of her and Ye and overtly romantic situations. I'm still fully on the Yeline, and I would very much like the fact that they can get together this early. All the more reason to look forward to their secret dating hijinks. I did see one posts about a young female cameo-ing, possibly by next episode? So there's a good chance, that MH or NW or JY might be the focus of the next few episodes, perhaps. 

We also havent fully resolved the ex issue so there might be some underlying conflict that needs to get nipped in the bud. We have enough conflicts/issues to resolve for 4 more episodes after 12th. Dr Ye has to speak with his ex in a civil manner and finally nip things in the bud once and for all. BY has to reach a middle ground between her dreams and her life choices. MH is getting to a point that he's slowly maturing and appreciating what he has (friendship, career) rather than dwelling on what he doesn't have. NW has to let go of his past. JY, I'm not really sure what his main motivations are except being a professor. He's also slowly overcoming his arrogance, over attending a not-so-prestigious college. SJ needs to move on and embrace a new love, with DB? LOL DB needs overcome being indecisive. SW has to resolve his issues at home. And finally, we also havent learn what MC's story is other than him always wanting to drink with SW and get home drunk? Seemed like it. 

So there, plenty of things to cover for the next 4 episodes should they decide on the pairing by tomorrow. HA! Ease your mind and let's wait for what'll happen. 

25 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Here is MH's poem from episode 11.

You Are An Idiot - Shin Hyung Gun

The gum you were chewing, you couldn’t just spit it out just anywhere,
So you wrapped it in paper and you ran towards the trashcan.
You are really an idiot.

If you would go out through the dog hole, it would have been an instant,
But you take the long way to use the school gates,
You are really an idiot.

To the coal seller ajusshi with his face smeared in black,
You who uselessly greet him every time,
You are really an idiot.

When the tiger teacher has to go do his military service,
The tears that no one else would shed, you alone had dripped,
You are really an idiot.

What is so great about that thing anyway,
That you would crouch in front of a dandelion, and gaze at it for so long.
You are really an idiot.

No matter how often I might tell empty boasts,
Opening your eyes wide and furiously nodding your head,
You are really an idiot.

Even when I call you an idiot, you don’t get mad.
You just grin.
You are really, really an idiot.

Then,
What am I?
Liking such a you so much, that like a shadow,
Following behind you everywhere.
What of me?

This poem is so MH.. totally MH..

i don't know.. why would writers bother so much with MH if he is not the end game.. shouldn't they be looking at finding and building small small moments where Ye and BY relationship can deepend..

However, for MH to be the end game.. something big has to happen to make BY notice him.. again as a man..as a love interest.. because she doesn't feel that at the moment..

But what can snap you out of your infatuation of a drop dead gorgeous man who is very very kind to you.. and genuinely emotionally invested?

DB is talking to himself. Wait YJ won't have dinner with me due to her not going on dates with patients. Wait she is going to eat with SJ?! so the patient reason is JUST an excuse.

SJ--snaps his fingers wants to talk to DB.  I made a decision I plan to kiss YJ. (laughs/smiles)

DB-What?!

BY is pushing KM chair and mentions seems like your mom is not here (in the hallway waiting).

KM-It is ok I can go alone.

BY-No I can take you there. I have 30 minutes.

SW talking to DB---I saw your xray. The treatment schedule  changed so for TODAY only I will be replacing YJ to be your therapist today.

DB-Oh

SW-then he proceeds to give instructions and what he is going to do 

DB looks over at SJ and JY nearby and SJ  is going to be on a treadmill.

SJ jumps on the treadmill barely moves and lets out a big sigh

YJ-was it difficult for you? Yes it is difficult.

Then SJ turns around to face YJ.  He says Just looking at your beauty 

YJ-eh?

SJ-I made a decision and turns and presses a button

He opens up his arms and on the treadmill goes down and jumps off and stands in front of YJ. He proceeds to envelope her in a hug.

(I love the song in the background is that Tom Jones?!)

DB-is shocked looking upon this scene unfolding in front of him

SJ-hugging YJ is looks up at DB (has a smirky smile)

SW-What are you doing DB? What are you doing DB DB?

DB-Oh? Oh its nothing

DB Looks over at SJ and YJ---nothing is amiss 

SW-What were you thinking about? Are you thinking about what you are gong to eat for dinner ?

DB-Oh yeah dinner

SW-Please do it again

YJ-says (as DB looks over) If you feel dizzy please let me know

SJ-strapped into device (bed) and now standing upright

YJ-Are you ok (to SJ)

YJ- Are you feeling (Not sure what?) 

SJ-Yes I am feeling (?) due to your beauty. SO I decided to kiss you.

He proceeds to plant a kiss on YJ.

DB looks over and gasps while SJ looks over at him.

SW says--what are you doing? (Snapping DB out of his ludicrous crazy day dream---yes he rivals our BY in their vivid imaginations)

Drama 101: The male lead always gets the girl. Always. Allllllwwwaaaayyyysss.

No matter how deserving or undeserving, no matter how nice someone else is or treats the female lead better. No matter how many either one dates or kisses. No matter the number of episodes that remain (lawds they put them together the last 4 mins of an ep). No matter how popular the other guy/ship is. The male lead always gets the girl. After years (who am I kidding, just last week) of putting myself through headache of 2nd lead ships (sometimes I wasn't even aware they were the small tug along boat); I've come to accept the fact, the male lead gets the girl (0.001% of times the second lead does). So to save myself (and hopefully some of you) heartache. Look at the drama and analyze who the male lead is (who gets more focus? Who has been given growth? maturity? Who falls into the age old richard simmons to class?), they're getting the girl. 

P.S: fake dating is doom or bloom for a ship. Especially fake dating someone she had earlier feelings for. They gonna fake date, old feelings she thought gone will reemerge. She'll date new guy, only to find out old guy now returns her feelings and have seen the growth in him through their friendship/fake dating. Reminisce will happen, comparisons will happen. Fake lover become I choose you lover.  

P.S 2. I'm behind on this drama and mainly watch clips now. But from what I've seen, if this is going by basic drama formula,1 person is screaming, gonna get the girl....the one who is the emotional center, is by her side through hardship to offer support and comfort aka "soft moments" (who did she cry infant of? or literally lean/rest on?) by kdrama formula, is her person and she'll eventually end up with. 

JW- If Jumin really doesn't wants to give up, then I also WON't give up on  you. Even if you are not able to do soccer, it will be more fun or even something you are very good at you will find/discover. You will grow up well, you will run well and i will be there to help you. I promise you.

JM-JW had the same situation he told me. (BY looking regretful and teary) When he had an accident he lost his dream. When one person consoles you truthfully didn't thinks this would happen (?)  When heard this painful story to share is not an easy thing to do. Even though I was thinking of it, to hear that JW had the same situation as I do and he talked to me about it. My heart got motivation (came back). (?)

BY is in a daze walking down the stairs in the stairwell. 

JW is talking to SW, BY and YJ--yes when I was in High School I was in Baseball athlete.

BY-Oh you were a baseball athlete? But I later changed/stopped it.

BY then looks and remembers that and looks even sadder. She sees JW treating JM.

Flashback--showing a newspaper article.

Title mentions that JW was national baseball athlete 

Young JW has a painful expression looking at the newspaper article

Young JW looking out a window

Young BY sadly looking at her laptop and puts her head down in her arms at her desk

Young JW packing away sadly his trophy baseball mitt and baseball and jersey (very upset)

Younger BY putting away and taking out all her poetry books and then putting in physical therapy books in their place

with a sad expression on her face

Then holding the poetry books she fingers them and tears up

BY looking at JW treating Jimin

She remembers her being harsh to JW (in front of his car) accusing him not knowing the pain of giving up your dreams--the pain of suffering of giving up your dreams but to a successful like yourself you don't know those feelings 

(She is totally regretting those words to JW)

BY teary lets out a sigh

If Ye Jae Wook and Woo Bo Young is really not the end game, Ye Jae Wook would be single all his life LMAO.. Experiencing two fail office-romance relationships, he's gonna be traumatized forever :joy:

That's worst than become a second lead who can't have the female lead from the start till the end LOL.. I rather to have Dr. Ye as second lead then.. Ye Jae Wook is only for me B) Don't date Bo Young, Dr. Ye ! :tongue:

1 hour ago, kawaiibooty said:

Okay but I am having major anxiety because of the preview.

First of all, I just find it a bit worrying that Dr. Ye and BY started dating this early, that means that they have 4 eps where things could go wrong, like maybe his ex coming back again or idk or maybe their coworkers believing that BY and MH are the ones dating and thus making the mood super awkward at work and it could evolve to something... and yeah it also means 4 eps of sweet fluff but I don't trust drama writers >_>

Also, MH hasn't confessed yet and he is being waaay too nice and grown up and the writer and director are making a fair good job at making us feel bad for him, even me, who disliked the hell out of him most of the drama, I kinda pity him now and wish he'd stop getting hurt seing BY and Dr. Ye together.

Thirdly, BY and Dr. Ye danced to LaLa Land's ost and I just can't help but be a bit afraid that their fate is similar to the leads there, where they loved each other but since they wanted to each pursue their dream they separated on good terms. Seing how BY is able to eloquently except Dr. Ye rejection previously and how maturely she was able to handle it, I can easily imagine a similar scene, after things don't work out for whatever reason in the next eps, where they talk and decide to end their short relationship. Maybe she will never be able to have a permanent job at that hospital and decides to be a poet and goes away... maybe MH will follow her.... ugh no!

This drama could then be a rarity where the heroine ends up with MH who is now seen as second lead but at the same time be like any other drama where the heroine ends up with the previously a jerk but now a nice guy lead >_> 

Please someone tell me that I am wrong!!!!!

If they make BY dating JW on the last 5 ep and they break up at the end, how can BY forget JW while before dating he always appear in her mind, and JW will have another broken heart because dating a woman in the same workplace, if so this drama will become a sad series especially for yeliner :( i'am sure they make this drama to be happy ending, no more heartbreak story, sorry for minho he did his best but i think it's to late.

Archived