[Drama 2018] My Husband Oh Jak-doo 데릴남편 오작두

larus

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/13/2018 at 10:44 PM, Lmangla said:

The panic skinship poll: what skinship move are you expecting in the next two weeks? and which episode approx? 

if you win: post "yay" and a bowl of rice

if you lose: post "so sad" and any character you don't really care for much from this drama.

Is that all we have to do? Omo i better stop using caps so that my age does not show. im so use to changing my dp that i just glazed over the details:tongue:

HOkUQAe.png

So Sad

Aaahh I've been too busy to stop by but I've been keeping up religiously every Saturday!  So basically I'm just here to be useless and say that this show makes me happy. :D

And by total coincidence (since I started it before I remembered Oh Jak Doo was to be starting shortly), I'm watching Haeundae Lovers simultaneously with this drama!  All this to say that the scene in this week's episodes where Jak Doo has to stick the pain relief patch on his injured back by himself, with all the goofy contortions and all, was something that Kim Kang Woo did in Haeundae Lovers too.  Was that his audition tape? :tongue:

I love Seung Joo and Jak Doo's interactions, and how they already sometimes don't even pretend not to care, haha.  And UEE kind of made me cry when she was remembering her aunt over the 2-person stew (lol).  I can never understand when people accuse her of being a bad actress (maybe I've only seen her in roles that suit her, but I have liked her in multiple dramas).

I want more backstory about why exactly Hyuk/Jak Doo felt the need to get away from his grandfather and move to Seoul (wasn't that the story), and why he was angry enough to drive off like that.  Also, what was in the bag gramps was carrying when the tragic truck of doom hit?  Candy?  I don't know what that was supposed to be.

I guess my only complaint right now is that gayageum girl is mopey and possessive and I want more depth from her.  I can get feeling betrayed if she truly believed that he was also waiting for her, but she's irritating me a liiiitle bit.

@ecs707a About the grandfather's accident: his grandfather had packed red bean jellys and was running after him. Notice that OJD/OGH had taken an instrument from his grandfather who had just made it because JEJ wanted to use his gayageum in order to win the contest. In my opinion, this is what happened:

- OJD followed JEJ to Seoul because he loved her. But since he was no longer living in the country, he couldn't make any gayageum. On the other hand, JEJ wanted to become famous hence she felt she needed the gayageum made by the family Oh hence she sent him to his grandfather's place.

I believe that there is another reason for leaving the countryside. OJD was sick of only being seen as a gayageum's maker and felt trapped there. He had the impression that his grandfather only loved him for becoming his successor.

However, I have the impression that JEJ could be the reason why he was frustrated back then. JEJ comes from a wealthy family. She is ambitious and OJD was just a country boy whose grandfather was famous for making gayageum but he was not rich as wealth had never been his target. We shouldn't forget that JEJ decided to give up on OJD, when he told her that he would no longer make any gayageum. In her mind, OJD must have kept making them hence his skills have become the best. But once Erich Cho told her that Hyuk would still make these instruments, she changed her mind. So deep down, JEJ is much more after his name and reputation than the man himself. To conclude, JEJ has always been a selfish spoiled brat.

JEJ claims that HSJ doesn't know the person closest to her, whereas she is the one who is definitely blind and deaf. She knows that she is responsible for the accident but she brushes it off as if it was nothing. She doesn't feel sorry for OJD. I can understand why OJD keeps rejecting her and doesn't want to be with her. Sure, he couldn't forget her as she is his first love, yet OJD must feel that they can't be together for many reasons.

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

JEJ claims that HSJ doesn't know the person closest to her, whereas she is the one who is definitely blind and deaf. She knows that she is responsible for the accident but she brushes it off as if it was nothing. She doesn't feel sorry for OJD. I can understand why OJD keeps rejecting her and doesn't want to be with her. Sure, he couldn't forget her as she is his first love, yet OJD must feel that they can't be together for many reasons.

This is a good solid drama, solid like Hyuk or the wood he uses, juxtaposed here and there with social commentary and contrast with the low sperm count city male and his humiliating scene at the fertility clinic. Strangely moving, this drama.

Very good observation, @bebebisous33 , that we have people who have 'known' one another all their lives but really don't know, and HSJ who doesn't know Hyuk, even his real name, but instinctively she knows the most important true nature of this man and trusts him more than even herself, or starting to. I loved that the writer keeps giving us more each step without holding back and causing frustration. HSJ's realization over the weepy kalchi stew that as her dear beloved aunt , the only one in her life who'd ever loved her, departed, she had left to SJ, who? Hyuk, known to her as Jak Doo, but ah, a Rose(wood) by any other name....

Hyuk's old buddy told him to leave, at ep 2, in case he turns on him. In ep 6, Eun-Jo tells him to leave, or she might snitch on him. The first leaving took Hyuk to HSJ, but will he be able to leave to 'protect' Seung-Joo? First chance at some noble idiocy challenge we all hate in kdramas. But have hope, Hyuk, OJD, is no ordinary fool. He is a man of his word, sworn to protect his charge, the helpless Seung-Joo, whom he finds worthy of all his chivalrous devotion, helped in no little part by his meeting of the wicked so called mother who had abandoned her daughter.

That kalchi stew meal takes the prize for these reasons. Regardless of what she had said to him about leaving, Seung-Joo now has linked her precious aunt with Jak Doo, and she will not let go. The shared meal excuse by her (because it's so good but they won't serve single portions so I had to call you) reminded me of Let's Eat, and acknowledge that unlike the frequent assaults and murder attempts on single women implied here, eating alone is a real quandary for many older single peoples.

There's much more to love especially from ep 5 this weekend, but save those comments for gif caps maybe.

No golden bowl winners this week? Do I get a prize for coming the closest to no bed scene prediction, @Lmangla ? Hmm?

0lb8EPu.pngNo rice this week :(( @Lmangla

But, looks like it will be ready by next week when the grannies come down to Seoul B)

9vMKSKF.jpgso cute, they came to visit him. The curious grannies

N1AGwV8.jpg and I was so sad that it was the mum who stumbled into him...

@meechuttso I doubt that OJD will leave HSJ, just because JEJ is threatening him. Since he broke his promise once and his grandfather died because of it, I am sure that OJD won't break his promise again, even if it is a different one. He knows that HSJ is not out of danger. Instead of telling her the truth and worrying her, he chose to deal with the problem on his own.

You are right. This drama is definitely trying to give a social critic about modern society in SK, like f. ex. how people from Seoul look down on people from the countryside. It was funny that SM's friend refused to come with their own car, too afraid of getting looked down because they have an old car. To conclude, they judge a man by his financial success (new car, big flat aso) or his appearances and not by his good manners. BYM doesn't perceive anything good in OJD. Yet, OJD is able to protect HSJ. He helps her at home, cook dishes for her, takes care of the plants aso but that means nothing to BYM. The latter just uses his money but he is not taking care of SM like OJD. He is rather self-centered. He wants his wife to be home because he wants her to focus on him!! Her happiness doesn't really matter in the end.

Eric is right when he said to JEJ " You didn't sacrifice everything when you came back here;

you want getting everything ....'

she is greedy

bc of her ( indirect or direct); his grandfather died but she felt nothing... no regret

this girl just thinks about.......... herself

@diane90 @dramaninja You are not alone. I can not stand JEJ at all. Her selfishness and self-centerness are quite repulsive. She doesn't even realize what the death of OJD's grandfather meant. She is not apologetic at all. She is just greedy and perceives people as objects and possession. She imagined that OJD would wait for her as if he could not live without her, while she could all this time. Besides, she is arrogant which could be seen, when she described herself as a good party (many men would pursue her!!) in order to increase OJD's jealousy. The more she pushes OJD, the more he will push her away. Little by little he will notice her flaws and once he witnesses how JEJ treats HSJ, then he won't allow her to act like that. 

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

am liking our mountain ajusshi so much! :blush:

tumblr_p5r8g3dFLT1valxs7o1_500.gif

tumblr_p5r8g3dFLT1valxs7o3_500.gif

tumblr_p5r8g3dFLT1valxs7o4_500.gif

You mean this Ajusshi? The one of whom the grandma says, "there's more to him than meets the eye?" - How can this be? How can there possibly more to what meets the eye? There can't be more to it than perfection, could there? :love:

Quick, somebody post something so I can post 3 more gifs after that - I have many more I want to post! (without spoilering it)

Archived