[Drama 2018] My Husband Oh Jak-doo 데릴남편 오작두

larus

31 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I have a feeling that SJ's boss is the one that met with the killer's wife. The killer is beyond stupid. How do he think his wife would feel knowing he's going to prison for years and left their child alone. He will probably go into an orphanage if there is no other family. Stupid beyond words. He killed one person and not he's trying to kill another.  (I don't know if he's the real father or not, but he's in the father role.)

Yeah, I just can’t feel any sympathy towards the killer. He doesn’t seem to think it trough especially about a part who will take care of their son if he goes to prison. His wife must be turning in her grave watching what has become of him! I still think there must’ve been some misunderstanding.

On a lighter note, did anybody else notice how big and manly Kim Kang Woo’s hands are? I have to admit I really like it when men have strong and sturdy hands. Like they could protect you with those hands. Last week I was admiring his thighs, this week it’s his hands. Will it become a weekly appreciation post? :lol: 

giphy.gif

Also I have this question. Is Jak Doo supposed to be not so good looking man? Apart from his country bumpkin style, Eric told SJ that he thought her husband was ugly, why would she marry a man like him. 

I don’t know... I’m biased but how is he ugly? It’s the same thing when they cast a gorgeous actress and everyone’s saying that she’s average looking?

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

Eric may turn out to be a deplorable later, but I really like his scenes; he's interesting, funny, shows a lot of concern for HSJ. I would love to see this actor in a main/lead role one day. 

I dont like his attitude it really has no respect for her at all or her marriage.

28 minutes ago, aisling said:

On a lighter note, did anybody else notice how big and manly Kim Kang Woo’s hands are? I have to admit I really like it when men have strong and sturdy hands. Like they could protect you with those hands. Last week I was admiring his thighs, this week it’s his hands. Will it become a weekly appreciation post? 

Of course I noticed his hands and more!! Loving your weekly appreciation posts! :wub:!

Cant wait to see what we can admire next week! :D

Uee is looking more beautiful especially when she is smiling!! KKW is so handsome, I even like his moustache, his farming hat, tractor, bike, ...........I could go on and on, but I will stop myself!

Hope our couple can overcome whatever comes their way. I truly adore them!:wub:

They absolutely sparkle when they are on screen!

6 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Eric may turn out to be a deplorable later, but I really like his scenes; he's interesting, funny, shows a lot of concern for HSJ. I would love to see this actor in a main/lead role one day. 

I have a feeling he's mostly harmless at this point.

But his borderline stalking and also kinda questionable reasons for why he wants her on the project do get to me from the feminist angle. I think there is a way to do a one-sided love relationship without it bordering on creepy. But then I'm not fond of the edging towards stalking and making it "acceptable" because you put in the background some sort of cute song sort of thing either. Though I think if you did a creepy stalker scene with a children's song, it might actually be creepier.

19 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I dont like his attitude it really has no respect for her at all or her marriage.

14 hours ago, Kim Yunmi said:

But his borderline stalking and also kinda questionable reasons for why he wants her on the project do get to me from the feminist angle. I think there is a way to do a one-sided love relationship without it bordering on creepy. But then I'm not fond of the edging towards stalking and making it "acceptable" because you put in the background some sort of cute song sort of thing either. Though I think if you did a creepy stalker scene with a children's song, it might actually be creepier.

Those who have been on other threads with me while watching dramas that deal with married couples and affairs, know I'm pretty hard nosed about improper behavior. With Eric, I can appreciate that he's trying to deal with his feelings. He fell hard for her and wanted to propose, only to find out that she's married. He did the right thing and told her to keep her distances; yet, he's longing to be around her. He's jealous and trying to understand what Jake Doo has and he doesn't. He's regretful when making her upset. If you really think about it, HSJ had a marriage in name only with Jak Doo, but found herself confessing to a man who already told her he has someone else in his heart; he point blank told her he didn't feel the same for her when she confessed. Yet, it didn't stop HSJ from wanting to be with Jak Doo...."stalking" him.  Eric on the other hand, just happens to see her in passing and has his driver stops.  Both Eric and HSJ both have a person they're in love with and want to spend time with, but trying to deal with their feelings. 

The person I really have a problem with is Jak Doo's ex-girlfriend. She's plotting and scheming to break them up. She's running behind a married man and grabbing his hand as if it's okay. She's betraying him, but at the same time trying to put the blame on HSJ. Her love is very selfish, while, at the moment, Eric's love seems to be sincere. 

19 hours ago, aisling said:

Also I have this question. Is Jak Doo supposed to be not so good looking man? Apart from his country bumpkin style, Eric told SJ that he thought her husband was ugly, why would she marry a man like him. 

I don’t know... I’m biased but how is he ugly? It’s the same thing when they cast a gorgeous actress and everyone’s saying that she’s average looking?

In the version of the drama I watched, Eric said her husband was good-looking, but then told her he wasn't and wanted to know what she saw in the country bumpkin who didn't know how to do anything, no ambition.  However, it came across to me as if Eric was jealous and truly a man who didn't understand why HSJ find him more appealing--the same way a woman looking at HSJ with her no fashion sense, would wonder what Eric sees in HSJ.  Matters of the heart don't really care about looks, about the person and how that person treats you and make you feel.

I agree with you about how they cast these gorgeous actors and actress in roles and say they are 'ugly'.

59 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

Those who have been on other threads with me while watching dramas that deal with married couples and affairs, know I'm pretty hard nosed about improper behavior. With Eric, I can appreciate that he's trying to deal with his feelings. He fell hard for her and wanted to propose, only to find out that she's married. He did the right thing and told her to keep her distances; yet, he's longing to be around her. He's jealous and trying to understand what Jake Doo has and he doesn't. He's regretful when making her upset. If you really think about it, HSJ had a marriage in name only with Jak Doo, but found herself confessing to a man who already told her he has someone else in his heart; he point blank told her he didn't feel the same for her when she confessed. Yet, it didn't stop HSJ from wanting to be with Jak Doo...."stalking" him.  Eric on the other hand, just happens to see her in passing and has his driver stops.  Both Eric and HSJ both have a person they're in love with and want to spend time with, but trying to deal with their feelings. 

The person I really have a problem with is Jak Doo's ex-girlfriend. She's plotting and scheming to break them up. She's running behind a married man and grabbing his hand as if it's okay. She's betraying him, but at the same time trying to put the blame on HSJ. Her love is very selfish, while, at the moment, Eric's love seems to be sincere. 

Just because someone feel like they care about someone does not excuse his type of behavior to me.

He insulted him in front of her that was not being nice he was trying to make his position better.

The way he lead the conversation "Do you care alot about who man look" really annoyed me I dont like him at this point.

3 hours ago, lclarakl said:

There was consent in that case. It was delayed consent, but still consent. HSJ tried in vain to blackmail Jak Doo (the acting was good there, because UEE acted as if she wasn't that sure if HSJ wanted to do it.), but eventually what made him agree was the contractual terms and finding out she was in distress. He decided to do it on his own. She came without permission because he didn't have a cellphone, etc--Korean convention is that you call ahead. Jak Doo gave his consent, they signed a contract and she let him stick to the contract, offering several times for him to go home, which he refused. So there was ongoing consent there. In addition, he also seemed to agree in the end because he wanted to get over the other woman. He said as much, so it was also his own motivations.

Eric is keeping her on the project as of Episode 9 because of his feelings for her. She's vouched for by a friend early on, but ultimately why he chooses her and why he continues to choose her is to stay in contact with her at the heart of it. He says he's not a backwards man, but it's bordering on creepy there. I don't fault him for his feelings. I do fault him for his actions though. He effectively asked her out on a date while knowing she was married, trying to make excuses, etc... and it's getting iffy there. Plus she's putting a lot of barriers up, which should tell him to back off. While she confessed to him about Jak Doo, it was only AFTER he asked for social distance that she felt it was safe to confide in him--because he's a neutral stranger, unlike her friends who can be a bit judgy--though often for the right reasons, it wasn't what she needed. However, he keeps pressing her boundaries through actions and I can't quite get with that.

I kinda, though, feel that his character must be based on one of those people on the variety TV show Annyeonghaseyo... The Koreans that go abroad to the US and comes back to Korea pretending they were never born there. I still find it mildly annoying... but I think that's totally intentional. Still would like to see something that doesn't mock Korean Americans/Korean diaspora. The closest I got was the Hong Sisters in Master's Sun.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that HSJ's mother needs a character upgrade. Her brother too. Sometimes letting go makes people grow. Eric is the least of HSJ's problems as long as he doesn't start sitting outside her house staring at it at all hours of the night I'll merely be OK with the character, though not love all over him.

Hi everyone. 

I'm usually a silent reader, but I really like this drama and our lovely couple so this I time I want to write about them. 

I was not really convinced that JakDoo loves our heroine?  Does he?  Or he just feel sympathetic over a crying Seung Joo?  We know he's a very nice man,  a gentleman, so when he tried to leave her on the train station,  then he stopped when he heard SJ cried, I feel like it's his nice man side playing. When he said the line "All I can do is to protect you." to SJ,  I kinda hoped he said something more like "All I can do is to protect you and LOVE YOU." :D Wishful thinking,  no?  -_-

I mean,  the times I thought JD really loves SJ were when the grandmas said things like that "JD looks like a lifeless man", " He must have really loved her", "Because JD loves you" and so on,  but really,  it will feel nice if it comes from his own mouth :D.

Oh and the line that her ex remembered from JD "It was at first,  but not anymore." I thought it's more like JD married SJ first to hide from people who were looking for Oh Hyuk,  but then it changed into protecting SJ from the kiler,  but apparently her ex (and me wishing :lol:) thought it was more like his confession of saying now the reason was because he loves her.  But it was too soon (for JD to love SJ) so I guess it was the former huh? So please please writers,  please let us see how JD shows her love to SJ, in obvious ways :D.

Now for SJ,  for a woman who were strong and independent,  she surely "gave in" to JD pretty fast, yes?  B). I mean, the part when she said she will stay in the village if JD wants her to stay, it feels like the opposite of how her personality should be.  But then I remembered that this is SJ,  who never even think about love,  who felt love was luxurious for someone like her who had to work and fight for all her life,  so this is actually understandable.  This is the first time for her to fall in love with someone,  the first time she had someone to protect her (instead of protecting herself - that's what she does all her life right?), so it's so understandable that she got head over heels for JD. And the way she pursued him kind of fit (her strong personality)  actually.  

It's not everyday we had drama where the female lead actually confessed to the male lead that she likes him very much, the reason she went to the village was because she missed him (and she boldly said it to him :D), and she'll do anything JD wants her to do,  she'll even stay in the mountain with him. I hoped when they actually live together, she can feel all the love from JD (again,  wishful thinking).

Anyhow,  may I ask the last line from JD?  The line when he said,  "and you're going to live here with me." Because I only depend on the subs, but did he actually said he wanted her to live with him on the mountain?  I mean I know it seems so, (because on the preview we could hear the grandma said something like "they just started living together,  they're in love") but for korean speaking people out there,  did he actually said that?  Living together?  Because if it is,  then butterflies on my stomach will be fluttering again :wub:.

Argh I can't wait for next saturday.  It's six more days until I can see my lovely couple again :unsure:

Episode 10's ending was lovely. Seung Joo had taken Jak Doo's offer to hide in the mountain. Jak Doo told her he has nothing to offer except that he can only protect her. He even apologised to his grandfather that he cannot let Seung Joo go.

Jak Doo has obviously moved on and here is a woman who is willing to stay in the mountains with him. His ex is just interested to bring him to  Seoul and display him so he can match her social standing.

I feel very sorry for Eric Cho. Every time he tried to be suave with Seung Joo, it just backfired on him. For Eric Cho, it was a step too late.

[Ep 10 about 47:30 mark, Seung-Joo intercepts Jak-Doo at the bicycle parking lot tree.]

SJ: "You seem to be busy?

JD: "This here's where I make a living. Weren't you also busy when you were at Seoul?

SJ: "You must've stayed all alone at Seoul every day then? Just like how I am here.

"Why don't you take (me), a 'Seoul country bumpkin'*** for sightseeing around this village?**

Spoiler

**  Using old language for a village, she uses it in a sense to imply that this is a place time had passed by, a place she had only seen on TV, stories.
    *** Lit. - 'Seoul Hicky Wench' - this is the female equivalent of what she affectionately and insultingly called him when she had offered him to stay an extra week so she can show the 'total country bumpkin' around when he helped take the mugwort rice cakes to her office. [Reminder: Seung-Joo is like a teenage boy in love, doesn't know quite how to woo a man except to insult him, yell at him and pick on him.]

SJ: [While peeling off her top a bit to show off her yellow oufit]
       "To go out to the village I dressed up a bit. Jeo-Gi-Yo."****

Spoiler

**** Jeo-Gi-Yo, meaning 'you sir', play on word Ja-Gi-Yah, 'honey', to accentuate her seductive Aegyo to Jak-Doo.

JD: [Blanks stare...]

SJ: [Seeing JD's non-reaction, pulls her top back on somewhat defensively and says]
       "While I'm at it, to also send out a warning to the women (in town) who seem to be holding a torch for you."

[ Probably referring to the nurse who called him , "My Doo".]:phew:

JD: "What in the world do you think you're doing?"

SJ: "I had promised you that I'll let you continue to live in the woods."
       "Did you think I had broken my promise hearing about the new rock quarry to be built in the mountain? Is that why you were avoiding me?"

JD: "If that's not the case, then fine."

SJ: "I am keeping my promise!"

JD: [Nods a bit] "I thank you." [ walks off with his bike.]

SJ: [Turns around to JD and says] "If you tell me not to go and hold onto me, I can (choose to) not go also."

JD: [Pauses]

SJ: "If you tell me not to go, ... I can even live here, too, I am saying."

JD: [Turns around to look back at SJ, hesitating, then] "Get on."

SJ: "For real, right?"
        [Smiles, runs over, gets on bike, and wraps her arms tight around his midsection, resting her head on his back.]

:love:

[No clip available for this segment. Translated without visuals.]

[Getting off the bus, Seung-Joo thinks he's showing him around the village, wraps her arm around Jak-Doo and asks]

SJ: "Where are we going?"

JD: [Wrests his arm out from her not so nicely.]

SJ: "What are you going to show me?"

JD: "Please be quiet and just follow me."

SJ: [Rambles on about stuff she'd wanted to see in the country side village....]
       "Looks like there'd be nothing to see here." "What is there for me to see?"

JD: [Motions with his head to look over there.]

SJ: "Did you bring me out this way to show me the train station?"

JD: [Shakes his head] "No."

SJ: "Then, why did we come here?"

JD: "To tell you to go." ...(pause) "Go back to Seoul." ...(pause) "Go, and don't ever come back." ...(pause)
    "And ...(pause) from today on, we two are strangers." ... (pause) "Let's not see one another."

SJ: "(You) Bad bum" [Bad-'nom' , like you 'rotten SOB']

JD: "Live well..." [Turns and walks away]

SJ: [Dropping all honorifics] "You told me to come. ... If it gets so hard for me that I feel like I'm going to die you told me to come! Why do you act like you don't know (that)? Why are you lying? If you remember that, why did you say stuff like that?!!

JD: [Pauses his walking off.]

SJ: [Crying and shrieking now] "Why did you make me trust in a bum like you? Why?!!!" (this part unclear)
      "If I wanted to go hide some place, then you had told me come."  "Why do you keep telling me to go away, WHY??!!??"

[She stands there sobbing like a little girl.]

:heartbreak:

On 4/2/2018 at 12:54 AM, Jackie1048 said:

Episode 10's ending was lovely. Seung Joo had taken Jak Doo's offer to hide in the mountain. Jak Doo told her he has nothing to offer except that he can only protect her. He even apologised to his grandfather that he cannot let Seung Joo go.

@Jackie1048 yes it was completely lovely. So much so, and since the subs or Ep 10 are so slow it seems, I want to put it here so we can all remember just how lovely it was, especially Jak-Doo's short speech - his fantastic declaration of love the way only Jak-Doo the lovely mountain man can do - I am transcribing the funny accented wordings as they sound in Korean for that portion.

[Ep 10 about 51:50 min mark, queue music]

JD: [Lets out a big sighing breath after looking up.]
       "Grandpa, I'm sorry. I think I need to hold onto that woman."
       [Turns and looks back at her with the loving, compassionate gaze.]

JD:

나가 그짝이랑 같이있는건, 엄청난 위험에 감수하는거요.
    근데,... 나 그거한번해볼라요.   한승주씨도, 나처럼그랄수있소?
    하구싶은거 되구싶은거 안하고 , 살수있소?
    자신없음, ... 지금바로 기차타고 가소.
    아님, ... 나가잡고 않놔줄것잉게.
    난, ... 세상살이에 서툰놈이요. 그짝 지켜주는거말고 해줄수있는것도없고

"My being together with you, means (I may) have to put up with very big danger."
    "Still, that, ... I think I'm gonna try (and face) it for once. Han Seung-Joo (you too), do you think you can do that like me too?"
    "Things you want to do and what you want to become, can you not do (those things) and live (like that)?"
    "If you don't have the confidence, ... take that train at once and go please."

"If not, ... I am going to hold onto you and will not let you go!"

"Me, ... I'm an awkward fellow with the things of this world. Other than keeping watch over you, there's nothing I can do for you anyhow..."

SJ: 가지 ... 말가요?
     "Go, ... shall I not?" (Should I not go? Should I stay?)

JD: 뭐... [smiling with an aw-shucks look on his face] 그라고싶으면 그라든가.
     "Well ...  If you want to do it, your call then" [in a cool way à la John Wayne or Humphrey Bogart]

SJ: 이럴땐 [sticking out her left hand], 손이라도잡아주면서 말하는건데....
      "At a moment such as this, you're supposed to be saying stuff while holding my hand at least."

지금내손, 잡아두된다구요
     "My hand, now, ... I am saying you're allowed to hold."

[ He grabs her skinny left hand with his mighty right hand - MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC!! ]

JD: 놓지마소.   엄청용기내서잡은겅게
      "Don't let go.   (Since) I had to muster up tremendous amount of courage to do it."

SJ: [Nods gently, shyly.]

JD: 그라고 인제는나랑, 여기서같이사는거요.
        "And from now on with me, you are going to be living here."

:love::kiss_wink::mrgreen::innocent::relaxed::thumbsup::glasses::heart:

Every once in a while these K-dramas can become so compelling, can't they?

Jak-Doo in his own chon-nom style way lays it all on the line for love. Seung-Joo, for her part, is behaving like the girl who never got to do the dating thing as a teenager and still wants some of that romance to go along with his epic declaration, reminding him that while all that's wonderful, my Jak-Doo, but if you hold my hand while you say it, I would be all the more enthralled and might faint in your arms...(bats eyes, or maybe tries but finds herself not quite upto the k-pop girl-group Aegyo standards of girls she's seen on TV, like, oh, I don't know, 'After School'?) B):tongue::phew::sweatingbullets:  Still she tries, and this pair is soo off-the-charts adorable together, I'm lost for words.

19 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Lol, deplorable. Eric, he is funny, and he's somewhat nuanced, a tortured soul. He's great in this role, and I hope to see more of him also.

13 hours ago, Kim Yunmi said:

Eric is not a stalker by my definition (pm me if you want to see a stalker who was given a free pass by most of the fans). Eric is an exemplar of the adage that often we can't control who we love, our feelings over someone. He struggles with the morality of wanting a married woman, and he managed to do the right thing by staying away from Seung-Joo once it wa clear that she was married. Now that he found out through Seung-Joo's boss/friend's husband accidentally in the bathroom (this was cleverly done, by the way) that she is divorced already, his response is quite acceptable. He says to himself, "what to do? This must be true love." Then he says, what people do in their teens, first love, I am doing now, shaking his head (so this is an interesting revelation that Seung-Joo is Eric's first love - what's with all these good looking Korean people too busy to have had their first love into their mid 30's?). Then he looks up, grins, and says to himself, smiling, "Still, now I can long for her all I want (without guilt), feels good." Then he cuts out her pic from her resume as a keepsake for his wallet.

I am not saying he's not a richard simmons, but he's not a stalker. Had it not been for Jak-Doo stopping his car with his body, Seung-Joo may have accepted his feelings with the cake and ring and all that.

tumblr_p6jprf3DpT1valxs7o2_500.gif

tumblr_p6jprf3DpT1valxs7o4_500.gif

tumblr_p6jprf3DpT1valxs7o5_500.gif

tumblr_p6jprf3DpT1valxs7o8_500.gif

Yup, he's a richard simmons-bag, saying, "even if you put it nicely, your hubby is at best unemployed, you could have done so much better." Realizing he had put his foot in his mouth, he tries to squirm out of it saying, how in a world where everyone is so calculating ('spec-minded') her choice of Jak-Doo seems so 'beautiful'. She'll have none of it, though, and defends Jak-Doo even at the risk of her job - Good Job, Seung-Joo - you know you love him above all else now! :rolleyes:

Eric ends up making Seung-Joo cry in the end, but at least he helped her confirm her feelings for herself about this rugged mountain man.

tumblr_p6jprf3DpT1valxs7o9_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p6jprf3DpT1valxs7o10_r1_500.gif

But Eric's feelings for Seung-Joo are genuine and he wanted what's best for her even before finding out about the 'divorce'. I commend him for that. A richard simmons can still choose to behave honorably.

Can’t believe EJ has the cheek to treat OH like her Oppa, play her music for him only and to ask him to introduce himself to the world. Perhaps she heard HSJ and OJD separated hence thinks she should continue her efforts to get him out into the world and her world, pfffttt. 

I was crazy enough to only watch episode 9 raw before the subs came out.  Hope to find time to watch both chapters with subs. 

About the killer following her mum home, I have a bad feeling it might lead to holding the mum ransom to draw HSJ out from her mountain hideout. HSJ suddenly disappears from the village to settle it on her own, causing OJD to worry and go to her rescue. Maybe I’m imagining too far..  I don’t like it, hope it doesn’t go down that path. 

@meechuttso yeah, the usual sites are not uploading chapter 10 both raw/sub for some reason. Subs are out elsewhere. I love all your gifs, keep them coming. 

13 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Just because someone feel like they care about someone does not excuse his type of behavior to me.

He insulted him in front of her that was not being nice he was trying to make his position better.

The way he lead the conversation "Do you care alot about who man look" really annoyed me I dont like him at this point.

@dramaninja, I understand what you mean. I think why Eric's comment didn't bother me as much is because we learned early on and throughout this drama that Eric doesn't have a filter; what's in his head comes out of his mouth. However, we also see that HSJ is making Eric aware that he can't just say whatever he wants.  It was easy to see that he was sorry for his words upsetting her--this shows that he wasn't trying to be hateful, he was really puzzled as tho what she saw in that type of man. He's truly baffled by his own behavior.

However, I truly respect your opinion and why it bothers you.

10 hours ago, Kim Yunmi said:

Eric is keeping her on the project as of Episode 9 because of his feelings for her. She's vouched for by a friend early on, but ultimately why he chooses her and why he continues to choose her is to stay in contact with her at the heart of it. He says he's not a backwards man, but it's bordering on creepy there. I don't fault him for his feelings. I do fault him for his actions though. He effectively asked her out on a date while knowing she was married, trying to make excuses, etc... and it's getting iffy there. Plus she's putting a lot of barriers up, which should tell him to back off. While she confessed to him about Jak Doo, it was only AFTER he asked for social distance that she felt it was safe to confide in him--because he's a neutral stranger, unlike her friends who can be a bit judgy--though often for the right reasons, it wasn't what she needed. However, he keeps pressing her boundaries through actions and I can't quite get with that.

I kinda, though, feel that his character must be based on one of those people on the variety TV show Annyeonghaseyo... The Koreans that go abroad to the US and comes back to Korea pretending they were never born there. I still find it mildly annoying... but I think that's totally intentional. Still would like to see something that doesn't mock Korean Americans/Korean diaspora. The closest I got was the Hong Sisters in Master's Sun.

@Kim Yunmi, Eric was right in choosing her because she comes highly recommended on a number of levels. However, it would be wrong of him to remove her from a project just because he has feelings for her.  He has to deal with that--it would be wrong for anyone to fire someone from a project because "they" liked the other person. It wouldn't be fair to HSJ. I actually don't think she felt comfortable confessing to him because of his request for "social distance" which was a good thing, but in that particular moment, he displayed sincere concern while she was dealing with strong emotions of Jak Doo leaving.  She said herself that she doesn't know why she told him.  

For me, I can deal with his type of pressing boundaries because at least he tries to take heed and make adjustments. As for Jak Doo's ex-girlfriend, she ignores all boundaries. She's sly, manipulative and hateful. She's all out trying to take Jak Doo away from HSJ.

However, I truly respect your opinion and point of view.

25 minutes ago, aloraloralora said:

@meechuttso yeah, the usual sites are not uploading chapter 10 both raw/sub for some reason. Subs are out elsewhere. I love all your gifs, keep them coming. 

Thanks everyone for posting and sharing. :tongue:

tumblr_p6jondD1oP1valxs7o2_500.gif

tumblr_p6jondD1oP1valxs7o1_500.gif

tumblr_p6jondD1oP1valxs7o3_500.gif

tumblr_p6jondD1oP1valxs7o4_500.gif

I just want to put up this sequence from the start of Ep 9 before their 'breakup' - good thing for us this writer doesn't believe in dragged out long separations between our OTP. That would be too much torture for fans all over the globe. :w00t:

But look at these, though. Especially the third frame, where Uee looks like a school girl seriously in love and a bit awkward because she can't hide her true feelings and, you know, she doesn't look like she's acting. She's glowing, too. Must be hard for these actors to 'keep their feelings separate' as they carry on their work. (KKW is 40 y.o. married with a child.) B):phew:

More to come! :wub:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjBySEY7zS1444telQHglimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjOWjuHInxcOCArAwfGtA437

What are the differences JD can see...  I think the letter I separates them to me...

As a child JD was made aware of a calling and life his Grandfather through musical notes engraved upon his heart.  A promise in a way to not place anything or anyone in front of this family gift that was not only handed down through hard work and knowledge but through blood.  Yet with that came sacrifice and guilt after seeing his Grandfather pass away.  Maybe in thinking he wasn't worthy of such a gift and wanting to forget his regret hide not only his talent but his very name...

EJ was his first real love and yet with her it was then and even now about her mindset in I see your talent first what you could do with it and how I can help you to be a better man.  Do better, having money, power, success and me.  I could show you the world change your life and give you everything you ever dreamed.

SJ doesn't know about his talent and precious family gift.  She sees JD as only her Mountain Man not what I think you could be or I think you should be, but simply what he is .  Money, Power, Success her mind is not focused on these.  For her emotions are raw and her needs are real.  Her wants are not about what she can offer him but more about what he simply offers her as himself.  The I that separates the two is not what one can give but instead what one receives.

It's not just what they each see in him but even more the differences he can clearly see in them. Enough to break a promise change his mind and follow his own path and heart through LOVE. 

He sacrificed his first love in his mind and heart in order to keep a promise and vow to his Grandfather. He willingly did it although painful.   Yet when SJ walked into his life he experienced being loved for himself not his talent,skills, name or the expectations.  The gifts that have nothing to do with making an instrument or family traditions but instead the skills of the heart that are shown through acts of love, warmth and kindness.  Everything JD is right now is all that SJ wants, sees or needs.  Nothing more and nothing less.  His two arms wrapped around her tightly and the warmth and comfort she feels when her body is safely tucked within them.

Within HIM.

Simply he is the man she loves, who now loves her too...

Personally, I don't feel like Hyuk is in love with SJ. I think that he likes her and cares for her deeply...but he is not at the same level of love that SJ is currently at. And honestly I think she likes him more than he does. 

I say this because oh how he left without hesitation to say goodbye, and while they were separated...the only indication that he was pining for her was based off of the Grandma's dialog. However, they believed that he was terribly in love with her, so they are reading into everything with a skewed perspective...so I am not very trusting about that. Then while she was there, he was so cold to her and while he looked frustrated to me, he didn't give me the impression of someone who was struggling with the desire to have her around and not let her leave. (that or I am super terrible at reading body language and need some help interpreting his actions)

So I felt like in part his capitulation was due to her insistence to be with him and his natural caring nature as he hates see people so upset. But I think that this new situation with her staying with him will be where he will start to truly fall for SJ. And I think a big part of it will be that we would be willing to stay and put up with his rustic life style. Where SJ fell for Hyuk while he was on her turf... he will fall for her while she is on his turf.

Archived