[Drama 2018] My Husband Oh Jak-doo 데릴남편 오작두

larus

10 hours ago, meechuttso said:

So she's still head-long in her pursuit of this seemingly reserved and impervious-to-her- feminine-wiles 'Man from Snowy River'. But Jak-Doo! What does he do? I swear, he's playing with Seung-Joo! In his own way he's messing with her and making her yearn for him all the more. He's a real pro, this Jak-Doo, and our poor Seung-Joo is outmatched! There's more to his wooing than meets the eye at first! :ph34r:

Thank you for all the gifs and excuse me for cutting your post @meechuttso

I love how you word this. Yes, he’s not new at this, and must have spent the last 15 years reflecting on the do’s/don’ts from his first love. And he does know how little she knows on the topic. KKW pulls off the reserved/innocent face so well.

I keep re-watching all the scenes of the two of them in the yellow sleepwear. It’s so hilarious when the buttons pop. OJD can barely hold it together. :D I really like the heart-to-heart talk. HSJ’s trust really got to him. Wonder if OJD slept at all that night.

I’m guessing he won’t stay the week and will hurry back to the mountains the next day. Hmmm.. will they at least watch the movie first?

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, meechuttso said:
12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

hahahha... even that phone call in the night was pretty funny based on jak doo's reaction -- he is sure acting like a husband no?

Hahaha are you saying Eric is acting like her husband in his mindset? I think he was just drunk and missing his love, SJ, to whom he wishes he was the husband. But did you notice how from the very first moment Jak-Doo has that 'natural' husbandly suspiciousness and protectiveness, almost jealousy (but not in a stalky creepy way at all) over Seung-Joo, like a 6th sense when she's in danger or around people who are not good for Seung-Joo, his 'wife'? We love that about Jak-Doo, because that's exactly what the legitimate husband is supposed to do - to have legitimate jealousy over his wife just as he is faithful only to her. The question is, is he? Faithful only to Seung-Joo already? Or is he still hanging onto a bit of Eun-Jo? Someone asked, why did JD tell EJ he doesn't do 'just friends with women' - the answer could be one of 2 things. 1) He still has lingering feelings over EJ and can't trust himself to not cave. 2) In his mind he's really married, and his attraction for SJ is so strong, it's 'right' in his mind, and his commitment to her is that of a real husband? It's for SJ that he can't be 'friends' with anyone else?

We think we know the answer already, right? B)

kekeke.... I meant jak doo was sure acting like a husband with his annoyed "why are you calling so late?" reaction. hahahhaha... but I found eric's quick-witted response "I just wanted to ask about her husband" really hilarious. hahahah... and yea, it is really sweet that jak doo's protective instinct is on full switch and he is not questioning why he feels about her that way... actually right now, we only know how he feels more based on his actions -- it would be nice to hear how he feels about seung joo but it is not like he has a confidant other than grannies so we can hear his thought process.

and I was the one who asked why jak doo tells eun joo that he won't be friends with her and @dramaninja basically gave the reason #1 that you had also given. I was actually thinking of a third reason -- the need to move on. in his conversation with eun joo, he said that it had been difficult for him to forget her but over time, he did. people move on in different ways but one way is to cut off contact completely and just close the chapter. so he might be leaning towards that was my thought...

but his old fashionedness is interesting because it makes me wonder how much of it is him. seung joo picks up on that where she complains that he likes red bean jelly because his grandfather liked it, he listens to this music because his grandfather liked it, he sleeps on a wooden pillow because that was his grandfather... if she was his real wife, she would have finished the conversation by asking "but where are you? what do you like?" -- that is a conversation am looking forward to and seeing if oh hyuk is very different from jak doo. does oh hyuk have different tastes and dreams? what was he like? and what does he want? only when both sides merge can he really be happy and seung joo will be key in that... what do chingus here make of his old fashionedness?

and yea, regarding his commitment, he already thinks of her as his wife no? so possessive in the way he responds to her on the phone when grannies call -- go do your work, I can handle this. did have a good laugh when eric muttered that jak doo was as strong as a cow and why was seung joo worried, hahahahhaha... .. and his reaction to seeing "guardian" as his id on her phone. awww... it looked like it punched him in the gut in a good way... and wasn't it fun to see how casually he grabbed her hand when they went on their date? that needs a gif! :D

and like you said, hope semi gets twins. that sister-in-law is so awful and insensitive. what cruel things to say to someone who is struggling with infertility. was worried that she would be paired with the sweet assistant PD (that fella is way too sweet to handle such a horrid girl) but since he already has a girlfriend (phew! he is saved!), it looks like her loveline with be with seung tae. is that bad or good chingus? what do folks think?

14 hours ago, imroma said:

Btw, I am loving all the gifs that you post @meechuttso, they are adorbs, I am sure they take a lot of time to make so thanks a lot for your contribution!!! :heart:

Well I try. So thanks for the shout out.

13 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Now the passive aggressive moment of the last weekend Eps 7 and 8.

But I wana shout out to this my own piece of work - I really like how these gifs and subs turned out - go look at that 5-frame comic strip again please. :rolleyes:  So symmetric and balanced, it's a piece of art if I may say so myself. -_- Even the wordings line up.

1. Pretty (who me?) 2. That Girl  3. (no words, but who, her?) 4. I'm gona go WORK! 5) Pretty, her? HA!!

There's so much back-story packed in that HA! I loved it.

Coz I love Seung-Joo's insecurity that I can relate to personally. She has nothing she can offer Jak-Doo that he really needs, except her land/property to which she feels no attachment and sees no need for as a city dweller. Or so she thinks.B)

But maybe because of that, their relationship itself is so balanced, so 'right', I don't know of any other drama couple like this, except maybe my favorite actress and Sung Hoon in 2016 where the roles were reversed - the seemingly 'innocent' is the pro at love, and the one who was supposed to be independent, worldly-wise and not in need of love, well she's the one who is helpless before this 'love' that comes from nowhere and knocks her flat. :crazy:

Seung-Joo is supposed to be the one with the upper hand in this relationship, she's the land owner and the city person, Jak-Doo is just a simple country bumpkin with seemingly 'nothing'. But her heart is quite needy as she's finding out, and he holds the key to everything she is starting to desire that she knows she doesn't have. :mellow:

I have grown to really root for this Seung-Joo character, because she had to become a very tough person from early on because of her nasty mom with no one on whom she could rely, while also feeling some guilt-driven obligation to support and care for her mom and little bro. She may rightly feel that she's a self-made woman, from a dirt-spoon background with a not-so-great school 'specs' - but at the threshold of attaining that elusive success by the criteria that she had defined for herself at a young age without questioning it, now she finds herself weary, and deprived of much that is desirable as a woman which came as a cost of her single-minded drive for success. :blink:

She's pretty and tall, keeping up with the trends, can drive like a NASCAR racer, but finds herself lacking feminine elegance, mannerisms or grace that she may feel is needed if a guy were to be attracted to her. She picked what seemed like an easy target in Jak-Doo, underestimating him. Not to psychoanalyze her too deeply, but she probably partly picked a guy like Jak-Doo because she didn't feel subconsciously like she had much she could offer as a woman to a big strong city guy who is well put together and successful but unmarried - kind of her own inferiority complex that goes with her tough 'successful in business and career' exterior that is a source of challenge for our lead character, now that she has become curious about a man for the first time in her life. She is like a teenage boy in love, but with no idea what to do about it - so she lashes out in all these wonderfully cute ways - HA!!  (I love that she wants to be the pants in the relationship and keeps taking initiative, though, 'wana extend our contract?' no? 'wana stay around a week so i can show you around?' no? Jak-Doo's gotta be loving each of these gestures and will pay her back in due time for all her efforts, we have to be patient.) :wub:

The irony in all this with respect to Seung-Joo's love life, of course, is that in her behaving wild and crazy with little restraint and not much social graces like she always has, she finally managed, inadvertently, to hook a guy who is so madly in love with her for her 'charisma' that he all but proposed to her - Eric of course. He's kind of a jerk and couldn't ever be good enough for our lead Seung-Joo (who deserves a better human being as a life partner), but without knowing the effect she's having on Eric, she is in her way able to see many positive attributes in Eric (like she swoons a bit over his French***, and how she spoke well of Eric to the lady who rejected him for his lack of calluses) and does all the right things to make Eric continue to flagellate himself over her.

So I feel that Seung-Joo is a very well developed character by the writer, and her many actions fit her 'psychological profile', very consistent and believable, her reactions, even if the situations are contrived as they are like in most dramas.

Jak-Doo, yea, there are definitely more questions about him. He's much more mysterious.

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

but his old fashionedness is interesting because it makes me wonder how much of it is him. seung joo picks up on that where she complains that he likes red bean jelly because his grandfather liked it, he listens to this music because his grandfather liked it, he sleeps on a wooden pillow because that was his grandfather... if she was his real wife, she would have finished the conversation by asking "but where are you? what do you like?" -- that is a conversation am looking forward to and seeing if oh hyuk is very different from jak doo. does oh hyuk have different tastes and dreams? what was he like? and what does he want? only when both sides merge can he really be happy and seung joo will be key in that... what do chingus here make of his old fashionedness?

So he's definitely 'role playing' even as Jak-Doo in front of Seung-Joo - like the beginning scene of Ep 7 when he meets Eric, I love his suspicious mannerisms and a bit of macho braggadocio type sizing up your opponent kind of tilted head and looking askance, pausing before the firm handshake, I loved that. There are many layers to this Onion of a man, and I am definitely enjoying peeling him back layer by layer also. :ph34r::phew: I'm not like Seung-Joo, who was impatient and tried to strip him all at once, LoL. Boy she came close to getting the whole shebang, though, if he had been just a few inches higher up.... :naughty:  Save Jak-Doo's psychological profile for another time when gifs that cry out for it arrive.... Becoz these gifs, they're really deep you know? They pack so much in such short frames!

*** I noticed there were no subs of his French instructions to the waitress at the restaurant. I wonder if it's because his French is about as good as his English and no one could make out what he's saying - but actually, I've heard that Koreans are better at pronouncing French than they are at English. Anyone good at French care to comment?

@meechuttso I am French and a French teacher as well. Eric's French was sometimes terrible, sometimes okay. When he gave the order, I could just understand "escargots" (snails), "foie" (liver), "saumon" (salmon)!! To me, his English sounds much better.

I would like to add that I loved reading your analysis about HSJ. Actually, HSJ has an inferiority complex and the cause comes from her mother's words and actions. She definitely doesn't see herself as attractive and I have the impression that she was even trying to act more like a man all this time: her manners, the way she drives and her skills with the alcohol. She even always wears trousers. Notice that her mother prefers sons/boys. HSJ has always felt it. 

16 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@meechuttso I am French and a French teacher as well. Eric's French was sometimes terrible, sometimes okay. When he gave the order, I could just understand "escargots" (snails), "foie" (liver), "saumon" (salmon)!! To me, his English sounds much better.

I would like to add that I loved reading your analysis about HSJ. Actually, HSJ has an inferiority complex and the cause comes from her mother's words and actions. She definitely doesn't see herself as attractive and I have the impression that she was even trying to act more like a man all this time: her manners, the way she drives and her skills with the alcohol. She even always wear trousers. Notice that her mother prefers sons/boys. HSJ has always felt it.

Oui, oui, merci beaucoup! (used up my full vocab just now):flushed:

Yea, thanks for confirming succinctly what I thought was my astute observation and analysis with my many words for the obvious, haha, but I was inspired by her HA!. Yea, abusive parents always make unhappy kids, don't they? I envy Uee for landing this very fine role and with such a great match with this incomparably lovely Jak-Doo character. KKW is perfect!! Best role of his career, and he's slaying it! :love:

I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and analysis. Awesome analysis of HSJ,  @meechuttso :heart: wish there was a super-like option. @bebebisous33 now that you mention it, HSJ does behave like the “eldest son” of the family. Carrying all the burdens of the family, especially financial. It’s sad and does happen in cultures favouring sons over daughters. 

Uee and KKW are doing so well in their roles. :love: This is the show that finally made me un-lurk. 

@Lmangla and @triplem ,

I completely agree with both of you that Oh Hyuk is hiding behind this facade that reflects his grandfather.  Part of me feels that a great part of it has to do with guilt and feeling responsible for his grandfathers death...but also it has been how he has dealt with his grief of missing his grandfather and how he continues to feel close to him. So I feel that will be a part that he will never truly let go of for that reason. 

But ultimately Oh Hyuk is running away and not dealing with his own problems and issues. I feel that his character growth will happen when he finally faces his own past and choices and in a sense embraces who he is. Which is a world class instrument maker. 

hi everyone i think its will be my post here since im sillent reader when first i join this forum.i think too late asked since this page already at 15th but im curious so i still gonna to say my question.

If u see the 1st page the description character pic i didnt see any words abt character,only pic i see..can someone send me their written text of character description?thankyou for ur attention:heart:

On 3/28/2018 at 9:14 PM, triplem said:

That made me wonder what Hyuk was like before the tragedy.

20 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

I feel that his character growth will happen when he finally faces his own past and choices and in a sense embraces who he is. Which is a world class instrument maker. 

@triplem @guinearoyal ~ what was he like before the tragedy? part of me thinks that hyuk really didn't want to make gayageums at a certain point. perhaps, he wanted something else. there was a scene where the grandfather tells young hyuk that making instruments is something of a burden... only when making instruments turns from a burden to joy, he can be happy being an instrument maker no?

Can’t wait for the next 2 episodes.. for a moment, I thought tonight is the night.

I’m looking forward to our hero’s character growth. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. Wish there were more international fans joining us here as we continue on the adventures of this precious show. :lol:

EDIT:

Found these clips by MBC for episode 9 & 10 but can’t watch them. Anyone can?

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/ojakdu/preview/

5 hours ago, aloraloralora said:

I’m looking forward to our hero’s character growth. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. Wish there were more international fans joining us here as we continue on the adventures of this precious show. :lol:

Found these clips by MBC for episode 9 & 10 but can’t watch them. Anyone can?

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/ojakdu/preview/

That works preety good for English preview, yes  @aloraloralora?

Can’t wait for the next 2 episodes.. for a moment, I thought tonight is the night.

tumblr_p6e1utVJlV1valxs7o3_500.gif

Is that about what we're all doing right now, calling out for our Jak-Doo staring at our TV screen or laptops?:D

On 3/29/2018 at 4:29 PM, Lmangla said:

~ what was he like before the tragedy? part of me thinks that hyuk really didn't want to make gayageums at a certain point. perhaps, he wanted something else. there was a scene where the grandfather tells young hyuk that making instruments is something of a burden... only when making instruments turns from a burden to joy, he can be happy being an instrument maker no?

Yes, I would think he had much regret about what he deemed as his feckless youth -  he was wood-shedding partly to pay his debt, kind of doing his penance thing, but perhaps in that process realized it was his destiny and was now doing it for the pure love of it all - the artistry, the music, the mountain living and 'husbandry' of the land. He agreed to the contract marriage arrangement to hide out from those seeking to take advantage of him, not knowing that, lucky for us, he's stepping into the lion's den but also into the arms of the woman who needs him as a real husband.

On 3/28/2018 at 7:19 PM, guinearoyal said:

But ultimately Oh Hyuk is running away and not dealing with his own problems and issues. I feel that his character growth will happen when he finally faces his own past and choices and in a sense embraces who he is. Which is a world class instrument maker. 

"Yes, growth comes when he faces his demons, however benign his might be compare to ours," says me while escaping the reality of my day with each keystroke....:ph34r: But I digress. I beg to differ on that - Hyuk's ultimate destiny may not be so neatly tidied up as 'world class instrument maker'. Also, however precious an art form it is that he's preserving, it is a 'very small world'-class. It waits to be seen where the writer and the story will put emphasis as his real destiny, I think. Typically it will be everything - recognition for hist craftsmanship and artistry, his protection over the land, the woods and the house, and his relationship with his new wife, Seung-Joo, of course. But I have quickly grown old and battle weary in the kdrama land, and might settle for a more realistic having to choose one for another, or maybe 2 out of 3. But we all know which one that 1 that's left out can't be!

tumblr_p6e1utVJlV1valxs7o5_r1_500.gif <- hint

On 3/28/2018 at 3:44 PM, triplem said:

This made me ponder. Be it  Oh Hyuk  or Jak Doo- it's just a name. Didn't they say a rose by any other name would smell as sweet? :lol: On one hand I do think that how he has presented himself to her is exactly who he is. His values and tastes are very much Hyuk. SJ can see his sincerity, that's why she respects his wish to not reveal his real name/ identity.But then  Jak Doo is a shell that conceals all of Hyuk's hopes and dreams , tragedy and pain. Do  you remember that scene when he first had coffee with Eun Soo? He automatically did not speak in his country accent. That made me wonder what Hyuk was like before the tragedy.

Funny I found that I used that same expression 'a rose...' back on page 9. That made me smile, @triplem :tongue: I'm glad that this is a romcom and so the writer and the characters have much more leeway - I do think that clinically diagnosed, his character does have some split personality going on, but are we willing to go there? I think many of us role play, and can sometimes become a happier than our normal selves character when it is necessary or convenient to do so (like at yearly family gatherings when not doing so will make the already unhappy situation even harder). Sometimes though, when that fantasy makes it easier to cope with life that's too painful for us, it's hard to give up that facade that helps us cope. Jak-Doo may just be Hyuk escaping, but I won't be the first to throw the stone at him...:ph34r:

7 hours ago, meechuttso said:

That works preety good for English preview, yes  @aloraloralora?

Yes, I know that combined chapter 9, 10 YouTube video. Shared it in my earlier post. Thought the MBC link has new, different preview clips. Sometimes they release a short excerpt of the show, a few minutes clip. Thought it was that. No way I can tell now since I can’t get it to work. I’m just hungry to see something about OJD and HSJ. :tongue:

Is that about what we're all doing right now, calling out for our Jak-Doo staring at our TV screen or laptops?:D

Yes, yes! Finally it’s saturday. :D

and might settle for a more realistic having to choose one for another, or maybe 2 out of 3. But we all know which one that 1 that's left out can't be!

<- hint

Hear ye!! Hear ye!!

Will anyone do recaps tonight? The only one I’ve found are at dramachaser. Am grateful for whatever I can find. Oh, and is there any MBC link that we can watch at?

On 12/12/2017 at 10:39 PM, larus said:

Character descriptions

becoz no one answer my question,im sorry to quote the pics from first page of this forum.if u see this no character explain beside this pic..can i ask anyone to write the text description of their character??pls i need to see the character description saying..no just pic pls.

(Credits to imbc.com)

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/ojakdu/cast/

in Korean only (maybe someone can translate?)

I don’t know how to insert the image here.

EDIT:

New article about tonight’s episode 

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/ojakdu/news/index.html?idx=230430

Using my translator, part by part, with some minor editing: (sorry won’t edit the odd translation, gosh some parts are awfully translated)

‘데릴남편 오작두’ ‘4각 로맨스’ 김강우-유이-정상훈-한선화, 감정 포인트 짚어보기 이미지-1

MBC Weekend Special Project 'My Husband Oh Jak Doo’

(Yoon Kyung Yoon / Director Yoo Kyung WooBae Min / production fan entertainment)

Kim GangwooUeeJeonghoon and HanSeonhwa are involved in an unpredictable relationship

I am going to take a look at the emotional line that has been running so far along with the remarkable observation points that are going on in the course of the four - part romance which becomes increasingly exciting.

# Oh Jak Doo who is in crisis to reveal his identity

Oh Jak Doo (Kim Kang-woo) decided to leave after seeing Han Seung-joo (Yui-minovercome the traumabut he could not hide his shaking in the already deep feelingHoweverhe noticed an unexpected telecast as he learned that the documentary she directed was related to himselfHe has been living in the mountains for a long timeand he hesitated to return because of Han Seung-joo.

# Can Han Seung-joo and Oh Hyuk/Oh Jak Doo also get love

Han Seung-ju also reveals her sincerity to Oh Jak Doowho has become her husbandHan Seung-joowho lost her mind to his warm heart that gave a lonely insidewanted to know everything about Oh Jak Doo.

It has already been focused on her ironic situationwhich will be placed on two roads, 'PD Han Seung-ju', who is trying to get 'Ohhyukout to the worldand 'HanSeung-ju’, a woman who depends on Oh Jak Doo.

# Eric Cho, the unstoppable attitude ofunrequited love! 

The cool and laid-back everyday life of Eric Cho (representative ofJeongwol-dong) is turning into a different day of unrequited love. He was shocked to know that she was a married woman while he was preparing for a confession of luxury against Han Sung-joo's charisma. Nevertheless, Eric Joe 's lonely, who blames himself and spits out his words in an unstoppable excitement, gives a pleasant smile. Whether Eric Joe will be able to collapse a passionate love affair or know Han Seung-joo's contract marriage will be transformed into a straight person.

# JoJodraw the misery of misunderstanding

Jo (Cho Sun-hwa), who knows the identity of Oh Jak Doois pulling the flames of his headgoing between him and Han Seung-juAfter leaving HanSeung-joo to direct the program with his main character, she hinted at the unexpected development of the meaningful words "What choice should I make when I know that the person who brought out my Oppa to Cho is not me but Han Seung-ju." Jo's presence will be an unpredictable variablewith the secrets in hand and the curiosity about Oh Jak Doo and HanSeung-joo.

As suchthe four-sided relationship between 'My husband Oh Jak Dooand the complex interests makes the story more excitingIt is hoped that Kim Chang-woo(Oh Jak Doo), Uee (Han Seung-ju), Jung Hoon(Eric Cho), Han Seon-hwa (Jang Eun-joplay a more immersive and delicate portrayal of your actors.

Thereforethe netizens are responding such as "I have to walk in a road with a double and a triangle," "I do not have a four-anglerelationship", "Do not go back to me".

(Credits to imbc.com)

PS: could anyone teach me how to put the image or articles from those links directly in my post?

On 28/03/2018 at 9:15 AM, bebebisous33 said:

I would like to add that I loved reading your analysis about HSJ. Actually, HSJ has an inferiority complex and the cause comes from her mother's words and actions. She definitely doesn't see herself as attractive and I have the impression that she was even trying to act more like a man all this time: her manners, the way she drives and her skills with the alcohol. She even always wears trousers. Notice that her mother prefers sons/boys. HSJ has always felt it. 

Salut ma (ou mon) compatriote :blush:

Honestly all  koreans and japaneses ( or 90%) speak french or english not well

especially their ' accent" prononciation bc of their languages !

Like Lee Seung Gi in " The king 2hearts "

I think chinese people , especially honkongese people speak well

I can hear he said " plus tard " for order hahahahaha

9 hours ago, HRyujin said:

becoz no one answer my question,im sorry to quote the pics from first page of this forum.if u see this no character explain beside this pic..can i ask anyone to write the text description of their character??pls i need to see the character description saying..no just pic pls.

I added the character translation but I used Google translation so it is not accurate, it is not a proper translation.

I give you the link to read the translation yourself.

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/ojakdu/cast/

Click a character`s picture from the chart to find more about them.

why did jak-doo angry when seung-ju come to him when he was ride in bycycle?did something bad really happen?even when the culprit was run to kill her in last epi 9, jakdo is not there.why he was angry then?did sungju choose her job important than him?pls anyone who a

lready watched tell me if in tonight ep seungju who running to him by confess her love first..really?im watch the clips video by mbc but im still notseeing 2 new episodes today.im wait engsub/indo sub to understands better.

Archived